Weight No More - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    sorry not able to send weight as I am on holiday and signal a hit and miss but will be back Saturday.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Steps..

Sun- 11,146
    Mon- 17,506
    Tues- 8,913
    Wed- 12,357
    Thurs- 9,066
    Fri- 10,177
    Sat- 14,619
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    ha110w33nsp00k Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @jugar Did you see my PMs & messages on this thread?
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    Options
    @pizzafruit I, typically, struggle with similar issues, minus the caregiving portion. I SINCERELY hope that you’re able to find a way to manage your stress.🙏🏼💗
  • ha110w33nsp00k
    Options
    @jugar Just reposting with you tagged, so it’s easier.😉

I'm not able to reply to specific messages in this thread. Please, advise. Also, I'm new here. It sounds like I didn't register correctly, either. I tried to send you a PM regarding signing up on 4-29-21. I know MFP is weird about notifications, so, maybe, you didn't see that. Let me know. Thanks!
  • cldvermont
    cldvermont Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi All, here is my info for this week. I’ve been really stressed this week from work deadlines and family stuff, so I found myself resorting back to old habits of binge eating (particularly fatty foods and lots of sugar). I’m hoping to get back on track tomorrow.

Username: cldvermont
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    Previous weight: 177.8
    Current weight: 179.4
    Net gain: 1.6 lbs
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Please move me to the support team. I will be teaching every day in May. I also moderate a walking group that requires my daily attention. During Covid I am the administrator of our church page daily as well. When I do something I want to give it 100% and I am just stretched too far. I wish all of you a great month ahead! KEEP ON KEEPING ON.............................
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello team. My name is Sheryl and I live in Michigan. I’ve been in this challenge for years- literally! I like being accountable to someone and I do appreciate the support. I’m perfect with my exercise and for the most part I eat great - but under 5 feet tall and it doesn’t take many extra calories to blow a perfect day! My commitment for May is no sneak eating!! I live alone so basically all of my eating is alone. But there is a difference between eating alone and sneak eating. That’s where I eat junk that I normally would never eat and I go to great lengths to cover my tracks so if someone does come over they would never know about it. Does that make sense?!?! I will be honest here in this group which is a good thing. So let’s all have a great May😀😀😀😀
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    ~~ May Week One ~~

Happy New Month, Everybody! So happy to see all the new faces in the chat (and the old ones too, not that I'm calling anyone old, I swear)! Welcome aboard, @ha110w33nsp00k and @kaj848 !!!

I am minstrelofsarcasm, also known as Minstrel, also known as Ashley, also known as "that sweaty girl in the corner"... I am one of the co-captains along with the ever-marvelous @melaniedscott . My role here is to provide some real talk, some good motivation, and a few too many jokes about stress eating for anyone's comfort levels.

The Basics:

I am 25 and currently living in Ohio. I work as a combustion engineer for an industrial manufacturing company (I set things on fire for money). I am fascinated by all facets of science, whether that be nuclear physics, nutrition, geology (I hear it rocks), chemistry, etc. Feel free to ask any of your questions when it comes to the science of things. I can't guarantee I'll know the answer, but I can definitely figure it out and provide an answer in a way that's hopefully understandable.

Why I am Here:

I love numbers, and when I discovered that I could get healthier (as my doctor told me I absolutely had to do) by keeping track of numbers, I signed up for MFP. My original weight was 8lbs 2oz, and while I don't think I'll ever make it quite that low ever again, my goal is to never be above my highest weight of 234 (September 2014).

Despite having joined this wonderful community, I didn't take my weight loss or my health seriously until after I graduated college in May 2017 and was told by a different doctor that my eating and (lack of) exercise habits put me on the road to diabetes. I'll admit, I was terrified. I grew up with a diabetic parent who took no actions towards improving their health to reduce their dependence on insulin and is now facing some very serious health complications. I didn't want that to happen to me - I wouldn't want to put anyone through having to worry about me in the same way I worried about them.

So I searched "gym" on Google Maps, and signed up for a free class with the first place that popped up in the results, a spin studio. Since July 1st, 2017, I have completed over 860 spin classes. I guess you can say they hooked me.

In other news, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in December 2019 after an arduous journey from doctor to doctor, through several misdiagnoses (why is it that the first thing a doctor will suggest is anxiety if you're female and show emotion in the doctor's office?), 14 vials of blood drawn for blood tests, 3 weeks of being unable to consistently feel the left side of my body, 2 MRIs, 1 spinal tap, and a partridge in a pear tree. I could go into a long rant about everything, and I have, but there's no need to fill my introduction with things I've written time and time again (I'll post a link to my blog, for those of you interested in my madness).

In Summary:

Since joining MFP, I have lost over 70 lbs, regained about 15 while on a three-month business trip in France (wine and cheese is my weakness), lost 5 of them, gained 5 of them, maintained throughout 2020, yo-yo'ed for the first few months of 2021, and here I stand (sit) at 170 lbs, a good 64 net lbs lost. I don't have a goal weight anymore, since BMI was developed by a mathematician and not a doctor, and as long as I feel healthy, I can weigh whatever I want (somewhere in the 150's sounds pretty good right now, but I guess we'll see).

As for exercising, I still have a membership to the spin studio, but I also do regular functional training HIIT classes to build up some resistance training on top of my strong cardio regimen. I'm aiming to hit my 1000th spin class by my birthday at the end of August. I'm a bit behind my weekly quota, but I have faith I'll be able to work something out.

If you want to know more about me, or my journey, feel free to ask questions, or you can find my blog here: LINK

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you even more as we work our way through May. Expect the step awards post to be written later today or early tomorrow - my work day is already pretty crazy and I cannot guarantee my typical posting schedule on top of writing this introduction post.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    kaj848 wrote: »
    Hi, I’m new:) Today I weigh 170.0 and my goal is to get back down to 148. I really enjoy working out but I am a busy mom to 4 young kids and have a husband who is in a very demanding grad school program so finding time/getting away for workouts can be challenging. I haven’t done much at all in many months. But I’m ready to make it a priority again. This month I want to take advantage of nicer weather and do biking and some run/walking. My weigh in days will be thursdays. I’m excited to be a part of this group! Anything else I’m supposed to do to or post?

@kaj848 -

Firstly, welcome! Secondly, you don't have to post anything else if you don't want to. Just complete your weigh-in this Thursday, and you'll have met all of the requirements to be part of the team. If you want to participate even more, feel free to post your daily steps to join the steps challenge, or just socialize on the team chat! We are a friendly bunch, and more than happy to be here to answer questions and provide support.

pizzafruit wrote: »
    In the past at the first of every month I would reflect on the previous month's weight loss or gain, I would look at what I did wrong and berate myself for screwing up another month. My approach has been *kitten* backwards.

@pizzafruit -

So glad you discovered that there's nothing to gain by being mean to yourself beyond feeling bad about yourself. I'm looking forward to reading all the new things you learn throughout this new month!

@jugar Just reposting with you tagged, so it’s easier.😉

I'm not able to reply to specific messages in this thread. Please, advise. Also, I'm new here. It sounds like I didn't register correctly, either. I tried to send you a PM regarding signing up on 4-29-21. I know MFP is weird about notifications, so, maybe, you didn't see that. Let me know. Thanks!

@ha110w33nsp00k -

Registration is typically done on one of the registration threads. Jugar does not always check her messages, since most people just post in the chats or email her if we need to reach her.

As for responding to specific messages, do you mean you are unable to hit "Quote" at the bottom of the posts you're looking to respond to? That could be a permissions issue that Jugar should be able to fix, or an MFP issue that she will not be able to. Let me know if you're having technical difficulties and I will do my best to alleviate any issue you're facing. Specifics about what you are doing vs. what you're trying to do would be helpful.
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Calli1616

Weigh In Day: Mondays
    PW (Previous Weight): 178.6
    CW (Current Weight): 177.7
  • vvlucky
    vvlucky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was on Weight No More for April - how do I continue with that group?

I find this very motivating - thanks!! Last month I tracked more than I usually do, and exercise more. This month I'm planning on continuing that, and drastically reducing my wine intake.

Thanks!!
  • vvlucky
    vvlucky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Also, I'd like to add that I lost 4 pounds, and I feel so happy!!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    vvlucky wrote: »
    Hi,

I find this very motivating - thanks!! Last month I tracked more than I usually do, and exercise more. This month I'm planning on continuing that, and drastically reducing my wine intake.

Thanks!!

@vvlucky -

You are already registered to continue on with us! As long as you weigh in on Wednesday (or whatever other day you decide) this week, you are all set! Congrats on your loss!
  • Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    vvlucky wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks!!

That is so fantastic! I'm finding our group to be super motivating too!
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'll jump on the introduction bandwagon. I'm Kristie. I've been married 29 years and have a 15-year old daughter and an 11-year old son and I work full-time. I've been using MFP on and off for quite a few years now, and like many, I've lost the same pounds over and over, just to gain them back. Last June, @1theresamcvean invited me to join this group, and I'm so glad she did. I've lost and regained the same weight again this past year, but unlike most of the times I've done that, this time I've been dealing with some difficult issues with my daughter. The short story is that she just can't wait to escape my husband and me, and she's made me look forward to her leaving also, which makes me sad. Between that, turning 50 in January, and my blood pressure being high (which I can completely control with regular exercise), I've decided I need to start focusing on myself. Usually I jump off the wagon around week 3 or 4, but not this time. I've made it past the 5-week mark and I've lost 14 pounds so far, with about 50 more to go. I've got to get this weight off before menopause hits. I hear it gets a lot more difficult to lose when you get to that point. With my kids at the ages they are, and with me now working 100% at home, it's much easier to squeeze exercise into my schedule. I just have to get off my butt and DO IT. When your kids are little, it's hard to get 2 minutes to yourself (or even pee uninterrupted - am I right, ladies??). I don't see how any moms with small kids can get any regular exercise into their schedules, or a sufficient amount of sleep.

@ljdanny, I understand what you're going through regarding depression. It's hard to watch your child deal with that. And you've got so many other challenges on top of that. You seem to be handling it well, though.

Anyway, after all that rambling, for you new members, there are a lot of really great people in this group. Like minstrelofsarcasm said, you can post when you want to, or just post your weight and that's it. Everyone has different ideas about what this app and this group can do for them, but I'm sure you'll find the group helpful, as I have. It's nice to have people you can communicate with who understand exactly what you're dealing with.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone!

I've noticed several people have posted about stress lately. Boy, stress does a number on us. It makes us snacky, crabby, tired, unmotivated. Hang in there (I'm visualizing Ashley's post from last week of the *actual* kitten)! When you're feeling overwhelmed, try a few deep breaths, a cool drink (of water! keep hydrated!) and visualizing something calming. For me, it's flowers and the botanical garden near where I live. I especially love tulips and iris. I keep photos of some of my favorite flowers on my desk along with a few photos of waterfalls and my husband (I especially like the one I have of him 'running' from a dinosaur. It's a forced perspective shot that turned out pretty well). They always make me smile.
    ~ Walking Warriors ~

A huge congrats to our three reporting walkers, who conquered over 167,847 steps last week! They walked over 55,949 steps per person on average throughout the week, which is fantastic! I know I definitely took less than that amount throughout the week.

Our top stepper last week was...
    @ljdanny !!!

Tracy walked a total of 83,784 steps last week, which is an average of 11,969 per day. Just... wow. That is her second highest weekly step count this month…only 2,263 steps away from her highest. Way to go!

The rest of our fabulous Super Steppers:
    @lennoncpa – 46,865 steps
    @dbrinkmeyer – 37,198 steps

Fantastic work this week, everyone! Week after week, our steppers, step up to the challenge! Even if you're of the mindset that "it's only a walk"… it isn't. It's you showing up for yourself, taking step after step, and proving that you can go the distance. Thank you for taking care of yourself, and showing all of us that we can do it too, as long as we're willing to take that first step. And if this sounds a little like what Ashley posts on weekly step challenge posts…well, I can’t improve on perfection…

All this said…our step team is getting small…Anyone up to the challenge? Just track your steps. Post them daily or weekly. As individual days or for a weekly total. I will, if you will!
This discussion has been closed.