WaistAways - June 2021 Chat

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    @micki48 Praying for your biopsy tomorrow. I hope all goes well. I also wish you and your family well in the many upcoming changes with your children's jobs and locations. Change can be a good thing. Finally, happy belated birthday. I hope your day was as special as you are! :)

I increased my total steps this week by over 12,000 from last week! I hope to do that again this week too! We shall see!

m0dqmk4yl4q7.png
  • marsipan100
    marsipan100 Posts: 10 Member
    Welcome back to @lovethyneighbor. I became a member while you were on sabbatical.
    I just read your message. I am the mother of two very active kids myself, and I also just started running in the last 3-4 weeks. I mainly stick to walking and swimming though, to avoid getting injured, but I am excited to introduce running to my life after many years not doing it...I loose very slowly... but I definitely found that being connected with others struggling with loosing weight helps me not gaining all my weight back in the space of a few weeks when I start feeling stressed out.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    CW: 164.4

I spent a week eating with reckless abandon and not moving much so this is expected. Next week will be better. :)
  • marsipan100
    marsipan100 Posts: 10 Member
    Forgot the stats...
    PW : 131.2
    CW 130.6
    My goal and leaving the thirties once and for all....
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    Sunday weigh in:

PW - 185.9
    CW - 186.1

And belated happy birthday to you @micki48 (don't you look gorgeous celebrating your special day!)

More later!

Yinka
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,089 Member
    I think for me my getting stuck would involve negative thinking or all or nothing thinking so to keep pressing ahead and get out of that, it comes down to challenging those thoughts and flipping them on their head. Also not allowing myself to ruminate or dwell and to just focus on the present. Adding in lots of time for thinking about my why.. why am I here, what am I doing this for. Given the magnitude of what I feel I want to accomplish, I am fully immersing myself in anything that gives me a healthier outlook and helps me reach my goals.

I also like the idea of incorporating movement in any way possible as a means of getting unstuck, and letting the little things add up. I realize that won't undo my diet if it has gone off the rails, but just being in that mentality helps me make better choices on what I eat. Also, if I'm thinking about exercise as a formal thing all the time it may not encourage me to think about ways to fit in the little things (like how doing much needed chores is also contributing to calorie burn, for example).

Pre-planning my day and not leaving things to chance also helps.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    eggfreak wrote: »
    @jugar
    I'm so sorry this is so late, actually, it's not from Thurs., rather it's from today - count it if you want or skip me for a week...a whirlwind week where I actually got to go away for 2 nights and with all the things to do to prepare to leave I forgot all about weigh in. Had a great 2 days with a cousin. Sorry to all for being so absent this month.
    CW 151.5
    No worries, Sylvia! I put this in anyhow - and I'm sure you'll be back to your usual prompt self! Getting to go away for 2 nights and having a blast with a cousin is definitely a great reason. This week I'll be going away from home for the first time since January 2020 - it sure feels like a big deal!
    Forgot the stats...
    PW : 131.2
    CW 130.6
    My goal and leaving the thirties once and for all....

You don't need to weigh in until Thursday - I put in the weight you told me the other day! I'm challenging you to squeaking under 130 by Thursday! If not this week, then next for sure :heart:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,043 Member
    Steps and exercise stats for the last week:

06/06 - 3354
    07/06 - 1788
    08/06 - 9499
    09/06 - 2232
    10/06 - 2085 / 42 mins - Dumbell HIIT [Epic 1 Day 20]
    11/06 - 7474
    12/06 - 2572 / 56 mins - Dumbell Leg workout [Epic 1 Day 21]
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Getting unstuck... Usually going for a decent walk helps me; it gets me out of the environment I've been in (where the snacks are), is exercise and fresh air/nature can fix a lot.
  • jugar
    I think for me my getting stuck would involve negative thinking or all or nothing thinking so to keep pressing ahead and get out of that, it comes down to challenging those thoughts and flipping them on their head. Also not allowing myself to ruminate or dwell and to just focus on the present. Adding in lots of time for thinking about my why.. why am I here, what am I doing this for. Given the magnitude of what I feel I want to accomplish, I am fully immersing myself in anything that gives me a healthier outlook and helps me reach my goals.

I also like the idea of incorporating movement in any way possible as a means of getting unstuck, and letting the little things add up. I realize that won't undo my diet if it has gone off the rails, but just being in that mentality helps me make better choices on what I eat. Also, if I'm thinking about exercise as a formal thing all the time it may not encourage me to think about ways to fit in the little things (like how doing much needed chores is also contributing to calorie burn, for example).

Pre-planning my day and not leaving things to chance also helps.
    This is helpful - although I find that putting focus on the present while I'm right in the midst of a bad moment (snarfing down the snacks of doom, or getting one more helping...) starts up the negativity. That is when I need to get out of the present moment and remember what would fix the situation 100% better than eating too much. You are right, though, that flipping the all or nothing and negative thoughts is super helpful and benefits from some planning ahead. "When I am ______, I need to think about _______, and do ________ instead."
    DD265 wrote: »
    Getting unstuck... Usually going for a decent walk helps me; it gets me out of the environment I've been in (where the snacks are), is exercise and fresh air/nature can fix a lot.

Like that!

There are small stuck places (I'm eating and can't stop), and the big ones where the same weight goes on for weeks and weeks, or the same few pounds up, down, up, down... Both need a good arsenal of tools to break their power.
    Keep the ideas flowing!
  • jugar
    By the way - the step reports are looking great! We have @KellyBgetsfit and @sunny9847 back so it is exciting in there! Need a few more numbers for last week:
    @gak71
    @micki48
    @Steph1498
    @sunny0947 just for Saturday (yesterday).

Thanks!
  • Terytha
    I think... I broke a rib. It really hurts to breathe. Or move. Or not move.

This is gonna put a serious twist in my plan to hit the gym when it opens on the 20th. :/
  • jugar
    Terytha wrote: »

This is gonna put a serious twist in my plan to hit the gym when it opens on the 20th. :/

YIKES! That happened to me once a million years ago when I was living in The Netherlands. One good thing - they heal fast. Another good thing - they usually only crack because they're kinda bendy. But yeah, it hurts to breathe, to laugh, to bend.... I hope you are getting an x-ray pronto!! And don't do ANYTHING that might make you sneeze.
  • Terytha
    jugar wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »

YIKES! That happened to me once a million years ago when I was living in The Netherlands. One good thing - they heal fast. Another good thing - they usually only crack because they're kinda bendy. But yeah, it hurts to breathe, to laugh, to bend.... I hope you are getting an x-ray pronto!! And don't do ANYTHING that might make you sneeze.

I hiccuped. It wasn't good.

After some poking around I think this is muscle, not bone. But that's worse in some ways. Heals slower.

Anyways I'll call for a doctor's appointment tomorrow and hope I can get in soon.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 709 Member
    PW 156
    CW 156
    The bad thing is I keep going up at the weekend, but I keep making it back down.
  • jugar
    Sunday update!

I know I have a tendency not to remind the Sunday weigh-in people in advance. The Saturday ones are so much more urgent to get the weekly tallies done, but you are all great at getting the numbers in. Only one more to go for today:
    @ob1msu - I really hope you are still with us! If you still need some time off, don't hesitate to let me know.

Heads up for Monday people:
    @DD265
    @graceojo999
    @lovethyneighbor

Off into Week 3 for June!
  • jugar
    Week 3 Challenge!

Lace up your favourite walking shoes and let's get striding!

nqo5g2lo7ocn.png

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10835477/june-week-3-challenge-70-000-steps/p1?new=1
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    PW: 79.8
    CW: 80.5

Suffering from water retention after some salty food this weekend! I hadn't planned on bacon sandwiches yesterday; came downstairs and OH was already cooking them, but they were really nice. It was very hot as well, so I don't think I drank enough which is something I'll work on this week. My diet-soft-drink habit crept back in a bit last week.

I'm back to work today (after what feels like a month off - it was a week) which will serve as a reminder to re-set and put structure back into my days. Got the car in the garage this week for new tyres, probably brake discs/pads and possibly suspension, then I need to arrange a follow up veterinary appointment for Kirk. He's doing so much better with the steroid tablets so I'll see what they say about wanting to see him or whether a urine sample is sufficient this week.

I was going to look for a local physio as I'm still having shoulder trouble (it doesn't affect my running, thankfully) but it finally seems to be easing off so I'll park that for now. As it's improving I need to get back to my strength training which will help it if I go carefully. I'm running this evening and need to nip out for a bit of shopping, but I'll make sure the garage is ready to go so I've got no excuses tomorrow.
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 270 Member
    PW: 225.6
    CW: 226.4
This discussion has been closed.