WaistAways - June 2021 Chat

Options

Replies

• gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    @jugar having a hard time getting my steps to post, hopefully you can see these …..

05d5juplxyq9.jpeg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,135 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    It is rainy and cool here this morning - perfect for running errands and packing my suitcase. Oh yeah, doing last bits of laundry before packing...

@gak71
    Got your steps no problem! Thanks - you are so close to 50,000!

I just read an interesting article this morning that made me re-think my comment about being "in the moment" when the moment is one of mindless eating or other unwanted behaviour that is difficult to stop. It is a bit of a long read, but has some good ideas about thinking through the bad bits and not just shoving them aside. Of course, at the end he says that sometimes shoving them aside to do exercise, get outside, or spend some time with friends is just the ticket. Interesting in any case!
    https://aeon.co/essays/free-yourself-from-the-tentacles-of-pain-with-radical-acceptance
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I "slept" sitting up on the couch last night because I can't lay down. This is gonna be a rough recovery period. :(

Oh well. I've got my coffee, my Advil and the 83 emails from last week. Time will pass.

• Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    https://theconversation.com/the-exercise-pill-how-exercise-keeps-your-brain-healthy-and-protects-it-against-depression-and-anxiety-155848?utm_medium

I just read this great article about exercise, your brain and depression.
    If you have a few minutes its informative and inspiring.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @terytha that sounds painful and hope that you are feeling better soon!
    @ashleycarole86 great job on your walks - you are inspiring me too! :smile:
    @jugar I've never heard of radical acceptance but I love that concept. Thanks for sharing the article, you always have great insight.

Also, here are my steps for June so far.
    5: 4628
    6: 9708
    7: 6659
    8: 14266
    9: 6219
    10: 6636
    11: 6779
    12: 7714
    13: 12618
    14: 8735
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    @Steph1498
    Thanks for the articles, enjoyed reading them both.
    I actually think I used food for a lot of escapism anytime I had a tough feeling, so the radical acceptance thought behind yours @jugar resonates with me... trying to learn how to just sit in the suck a bit and deal with it rather than using food to cope.
    I can't explain why I have the resolve to do this now versus before, but my mind just clicked in this area after a lot of years of zero progress. Now it's on me to figure out how to make it last.
    However, I do have a lot of discomfort dealing with my feelings of stress and anxiety without my crutch (food). And I do have a hard time accepting bad feelings for what they are in the moment and not wanting to fix them with positivity.
    I suppose that's where @Steph1498 your article comes into play... I have so much more daily movement now and that in itself is a good diversion to help with how I may be feeling.. same as what @DD265 said, a walk can be the trick to moving past a moment.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    3w7v0jzkqe7l.jpg
    2ufb8qgmbch1.png
    v7f7jq4hfzx7.png
    fxcitfl4dhtm.png
    drpqdzxsilvc.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    k1w0re514pwu.png

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    vim4yiep4zbd.png

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @DreaRN15 3.02 %
    2nd @missysave0612 2.42%
    3rd @19shmoo69 2.27 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @DreaRN15 9.0 Lbs
    2nd @BRGking 8.0 Lbs
    3rd @19shmoo69 6.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @JoDavo66
    @Beverly2Hansen
    @Bluetail6
    @apple852hk
    @rachelrjh
    @EvMakesChanges
    @kandi3570
    @ashleycarole86
    @kerdil08

7ilwu6u9b4n2.png

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday

Went running with my friend last night - picked a route on trails and ended up turning back as there were too many nettles/brambles and we had bare legs! We stayed off road for the most part and went up over the fields instead which is a fairly sizeable hill. Last time we ran this route we didn't run all the way back down the hill as it's a little steep/uneven in parts; we managed yesterday albeit slowly. We go to Cornwall in September and I found a guy who'll take you on a guided trail run which I quite fancy, so I need to build up my strength/confidence for it again as it's much harder work than road running.

OH and I went shopping last night and got a couple of bits we needed, and loads of chocolate that we don't. All small bars under 100 calories which is great to have in; we just have so much chocolate in the house that we didn't need any more. Somehow I still have a full Easter egg left which is unheard of! We do have a 'chocolate pizza' which I have to say I don't fancy, and a box of 'posh' chocolates which I'm not too bothered about; both were gifts. I might donate those, just to get them out of the house.

After work I'm going to do that sorting in the garage properly (was a bit short on time yesterday and it needs some careful stacking) then I'll do my workout. It's quite a bit cooler than it has been which is much more pleasant as the only ventilation option in there is the garage door, but the workout isn't really one that gets my heart rate up so I think I'll feel alright. My main concern is what my shoulder can cope with; I think working it will be kill or cure, but knowing my body, it's usually the cure. :smile:
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    PW 95.65
    CW 95.65

It’s been an okay week...but still not moving on the scales. So I have decided to get back into keto. It helps me control my hunger and cravings. Will be transition over the next few days.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

I love that photo @conleywoods - it looks a lot like here where I live! The combination of hills, forests, and rock is always something I find peaceful. We have more deciduous trees mixed in with the conifers, but otherwise it all looks very familiar. Lucky us!

@micki48
    Do you have any Pilates minutes you'd like to add to your step count?

@gak71
    Same question for you!

Luckily, I don't have to leave until late this afternoon, so I can get my garden a last bit of attention, do a Pilates workout, take a walk and all before going. And finish packing :grimace:

Weigh-in update:

Overdue:
    @ob1msu

Due today:
    @Kali225

Have a good one!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Weigh-In
    PW: 216.7
    CW: 216.1

I'm so all over the place, I was sure my weight today would be another gain.. go figure. Still, I've been up and down in the same 5 lb range for the last 3 weeks and I am Over It. No more messing around, folks. I have a wedding to attend on July 10, and I am wearing the same dress I wore to a wedding on May 1 and I am absolutely determined to look at least a little slimmer this time around. (I wasn't entirely unhappy with how I looked in May, but I was also cowardly avoiding the scale, and knew things were getting out of hand. Makeup was on point, though.)

This week is off to a great start - since I was sick last week, I got 8 days behind on my daily yoga calendar. But thanks to quadrupling up on Saturday and yesterday, I have just 1 more video for today and we are right back on schedule. I also planned some absolutely delicious meals for this week - grapefruit and cheese as breakfast, avocado toast with bacon and skinny pop for lunch, asparagus-as-pasta with sauce and a baked potato for dinner. Mmmmm.

@conleywoods please share more pictures, that looks so stunning! I'm headed to the mountains in NY at the end of June and I cannot wait. (Btw are these the very "woods" in your username? :) )
  • gak71
    Options
    @jugar unfortunately I’ve been struggling with plantar fasciitis so I have not been going to Pilates or walking much. We leave for Alaska in three weeks so I’m trying to get better before we go. Exercise has been an important part of my weight loss journey so my weight has been pretty stagnant the last month.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm on narcotics for pain now. They make me woozy so I can only take them at night.

I can sort of sleep at least but jeez. This is not gonna help my battle with the scale. :(
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    @jugar unfortunately I’ve been struggling with plantar fasciitis so I have not been going to Pilates or walking much...
    I had lengthy issues with plantar fasciitis and it’s really debilitating! Do you have special exercises and stretches? Those help a lot. For me, I found doing them 10-15 x per day made a bigger difference than just a few times. Especially those that focus on stretching the whole calf and arch.
    @jugar have a great trip! Can’t wait to “see” you out there.
    I’m not sure what else to write right now, so I’ll put some supper together and see if that helps.

• jugar
    Options
    On the way! I'm staying over in a (what seems like) totally deserted hotel near the airport since I fly out really early tomorrow morning. The drive to the airport from home is close to 2 hours, and dontcha know the danged oil light came on as we were getting near to the airport area, where it seems there are no service stations, no stores where one could buy a litre of oil... Anyhow, taller half dropped me off and he was on his own to find oil and get home. He does not do well with city driving, so I hope he's OK!!! He probably did better after getting me out of the car - cut the stress in half :grimace:

It looks like my flight to Edmonton is far from full, so I'll feel relatively OK being in larger public for the first time in 18 months. Can't wait to get there - I'm going to have a great time with my daughter after all this time. My ribs will probably hurt from all the laughing we'll do - but nowhere near as bad as you, @Terytha ! Sounds terrible - but hopefully you won't be out of commission for very long. Just take the pain meds, relax, and heal. You'll have excellent posture after this - slouching with sore ribs feels terrible. I'd send hugs, but that might hurt.

I'll hopefully be able to catch up with the weigh-ins tomorrow as they arrive - I'll do my best! So head up, Wednesday people!!
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @EvMakesChanges
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @MoStacy - once again, just hope you know you certainly are with us and we hope to hear from you more often!!

Tally ho :heart:
  • gak71
    Options
    @jugar unfortunately I’ve been struggling with plantar fasciitis so I have not been going to Pilates or walking much...
    I had lengthy issues with plantar fasciitis and it’s really debilitating! Do you have special exercises and stretches? Those help a lot. For me, I found doing them 10-15 x per day made a bigger difference than just a few times. Especially those that focus on stretching the whole calf and arch.
    @jugar have a great trip! Can’t wait to “see” you out there.
    I’m not sure what else to write right now, so I’ll put some supper together and see if that helps.

I stretch many times per day and I’ve also replaced the shoes I wear daily - I even bought two pair so I can rotate them. At its worst it felt like I broke my foot at times but I haven’t had that intense pain in a few weeks. Hopefully future weight loss will help keep it from coming back!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    @jugar unfortunately I’ve been struggling with plantar fasciitis so I have not been going to Pilates or walking much. We leave for Alaska in three weeks so I’m trying to get better before we go. Exercise has been an important part of my weight loss journey so my weight has been pretty stagnant the last month.

Have you tried rolling your foot on a frozen water bottle? That can give some relief.

Spent most of today outside attacking my jungle. So many vines. They grow so fast here in the south. Then digging grass out of my brick walk. After that I cleaned and emptied the hot tub. I’m pretty tired. I was under calories because I burnt so many, but they were still close to 2000.

@jugar i did Pilates twice last week but no worries. It’s not necessary to record it. It’s not going to make me in the top three anyway. Enjoy your trip.
This discussion has been closed.