WaistAways - June 2021 Chat

Options

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Blech, I feel yuck. Drugged sleep feels basically like no sleep, I'm still tired.

I got a pulled pork sandwich from Tim Hortons for lunch because I was curious. It was disappointing. It was tasty enough for fast food, but talk about tiny! 450 calories and I need another lunch.

By comparison, the pulled pork sandies I make myself are around 400 calories, twice the size, and actually taste good. The secret is red wine vinegar, it's the superior vinegar.
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I’m at another baseball tournament, this time in West Palm Beach. Hoping to maintain my weight like I was able to do the last tournament. I’m still fighting to get the 10 pounds off I gained the first tournament of the summer!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    CW 151.5 hanging in
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,094 Member
    Options
    This was posted on team Downsizers
    Hi all,
    I have ended on the wrong page and I am not sure this is my initial group... Anyway, I read your May post @littleflutterby and I found it very powerful. Yes, this is a non-jugemental space which we all need. I must also admit that when I looked at your photos, I thought that the 1 st one was you and the other one was your daughter. So, loosing weight doesn't only make you feel a lot better, but it makes you look younger. I hope you are doing well and staying focus!

Liselyn, Is this the page I should be writing on?
    On the weighing front
    CW 130.
    Can't remember the LW.
    Was hoping to be under 130... but I need another week for that!

Gotcha! I'm glad you read some of the inspiring posts even from another team. There are some amazing people here. You'll be under 130 any day now!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Got a walk in with my granddaughter and husband today.

I’m really off track. Not focusing losing weight. My weight is up to 198! 😳 I just dont want to think about it, but I also know what will happen if I don’t. Just no motivation here. Ugh. Summer is not always good for me. I’m not giving up even though I want to.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I have not been on track the last few days. But...I made it to the end of the school year 🙌 I have to say this was a really hard year and I am so glad to see it end. I am sure I will have a gain tomorrow but I am just going to live with it. I need to sleep in tomorrow and I am getting a massage in the afternoon. I want to get back to exercising and eating normal meals. I just have to help with interviews on Monday. The boss is letting us do zoom so we can interview people from home. I can't wait to feel like myself again 😌
  • gak71
    Options
    PW: 244.8
    CW: 244.2
  • gak71
    Options
    SW - 361.5 lbs
    PW - 212 lbs
    CW - 208.8 lbs

LTD: 152.7 lbs🥳🥳🥳

Congratulations on passing the 150 mark, you’re killing it!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Summer is definitely a struggle for me. I am logging, but I am getting less steps and eating more carbs. The scale is going the wrong way. 😭 I had great losses, for me, in April and May, and I hate to see it coming back on.

@conleywoods welcome to summer break!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Friday
    lorib642
    PW: 158.5
    CW: 158.2
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    PW 225.5
    CW 227.0

This could have been much worse 😬 I will take a 1.5 lb gain after this week.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,094 Member
    Options
    Yo ho! I'm finally back online - the internet at my daughter's place is a bit sketchy, but at the moment it is rolling along well. We're having a great time, and I got to ride her new (since January) horse yesterday. He's amazing - certainly the best 3 year-old I have ever ridden. And the mini-mule is hilarious! He is really not sure about people at all, but I managed to touch him and lead him around a bit yesterday. He is quite hilarious looking. I'll try to post a photo later. I'm doing ok on steps, but not much else for exercise - I had better get on it!

I'll get to meet @ashleycarole86 (and @bowens1973 ?) on Sunday! We're going to meet up for a walk and some lunch in an odd little town called Donalda. It will be the first time I have met anyone from F2F in person. I have spoken on the phone with a few, but I am really excited about a face-to-face. We'll post photos of that for sure :smiley:

The week is looking a lot more green now - well done! We're not going to hit our 18.5 pound loss of last week, but at least we will not be embarrassingly in the red for the week. For some reason, the 3rd week of a 4-week month is often the worst of the lot, so let's be sure that week 4 is stronger if possible.

In case I cannot get back online later - here are the remaining weigh-ins for the week, due by bright and early Sunday morning:

@ob1msu
    @Steph1498
    @evangsimmons170
    @Micki48
    @sunny9847

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Morning all.. looking forward to our visit tomorrow @jugar and apparently we will be seeing the world's largest lamp too.. your description of the town as odd appears to be bang on!

Two more weeks of work and then Brad and I are on a week off.. our list of hopeful activities for that trip is so much different than it used to be... hiking, biking, Frisbee golf... hoping we get the weather to be as active as we want to be.

Unlike today... it's quite wet here at the lake and since the roads in our park are mostly unpaved it makes our walks hard to do as it gets quite slick. Luckily I got ahead in this week's 70K challenge so I'll still meet the goal but I may not have a strong finish.

Anyone have any experience with at home step aerobics videos? Borrowed an old step setup from my mom and I think it'd be a hoot to do.. found lots of stuff on YouTube but curious if anyone has any recommendations.

Have a great Saturday all!

Good luck with your ball tournament @gak71 ... love the game! I've been toying with the idea of joining a ladies fast pitch team again next year, it's been over a decade since I've played anything more than slopitch and I miss it.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Blech, I feel yuck. Drugged sleep feels basically like no sleep, I'm still tired.

I got a pulled pork sandwich from Tim Hortons for lunch because I was curious. It was disappointing. It was tasty enough for fast food, but talk about tiny! 450 calories and I need another lunch.

By comparison, the pulled pork sandies I make myself are around 400 calories, twice the size, and actually taste good. The secret is red wine vinegar, it's the superior vinegar.

So sorry you're still feeling yucky - feel better soon. Y x
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    sunny9847 wrote: »
    PW:120.3
    CW:119.5 Yay!
    Steps Goal: 10,000

Sat: 10,010
    Sun: 11,506
    Mon: 10,561
    Tue: 10,533
    Wed: 10,328
    Thur: 10,726
    Fri: 10,545

Great regular stepping! I only hit the high numbers when I go out for practice walks. You're inspiring me to do better.
This discussion has been closed.