Downsizers - June 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Thanks again... Not long now till I hit 100 Pounds lost since January 9th. And I will reveal the first of my before and after pics. (nervous a little).

That is amazing Jonathan :) I am a newbie when it comes to weight lifting ... I have a total gym (you know the Chuck Norris Machine) I hate it .... it is so hard for me to use ...so I want something that all I have to do is put a pin in where I want the weight and not be afraid of dropping it down on my feet (like the total gym) I will be giving it away for free :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    I have my eye on a home gym ....I am wanting to start lifting ...This is what I have my eye on ... I want something simple that all I have to do is hop on and workout
    https://www.marcypro.com/marcy-150-lb-stack-home-gym-mwm-990

That looks really nice Megan. It is kind of like the one in our exercise room here. I think you will love it!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I have my eye on a home gym ....I am wanting to start lifting ...This is what I have my eye on ... I want something simple that all I have to do is hop on and workout
    https://www.marcypro.com/marcy-150-lb-stack-home-gym-mwm-990

That looks really nice Megan. It is kind of like the one in our exercise room here. I think you will love it!

I am excited to purchase it ... I have not yet since I need to get rid of the total gym 1st
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Yesterday was not a good day food wise. I definitely went over calorie and it's been a long time since that has happened. It started with father's day donuts at a local place that makes potato flour donuts. After my husband found (my kids sent him on a scavenger hunt) and opened his presents, we went to my parent's for lunch and to give my dad his present. Lunch was reasonable, hamburger- no bun, toppings, baked chips, and a rhubarb bar I made. Things got bad in the evening when my husband decided he wanted pizza for dinner. 3 pieces later my stomach hurt so bad. I'm still full this morning!! I'm considering doing a fasting day today instead of my 8 hour window. Give my tummy a chance to righten out. Especially with going out tomorrow for our anniversary to a new restaurant. It might be a rough week on the scale.

I agree with Jonathan. It will all average out during the week. I have to say pizza is evil. It’s so good it’s hard to stop at one.

lmf1012 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

6/20 steps 10,720

@Poobah1972 Congrats on that loss and making it into a huge new milestone! Well done, your hard work is paying off!

@mszoueb nice loss this week! Those losses keep adding up!

Great steps!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 223.6
    CW: 222.8

---
    Hi all, here for Monday check in.

It's a miracle the scales fluctuated below last week's number after the past few days food, came very close to a gain.

This past week has been an interesting one, managed to get a few short walks in first few days, but annhilated it with food later in week.

I'm not sure if I'm having side effects due to COVID jab or other reasons, but two days after it aside from some of the common symptoms, I've been having various sensations on my left side of body, started in calf, but have sensations in leg/arm/hand/shoulder/side of head of persistent pins and needles/tingling, burning sensation in calf, inflammation, pain, left side of me feels when you've sat for too long and you get up feeling etc.

I submitted an online form to doctors a few hours ago as my phone signal is dead. It may be something or nothing, there is a chance of potential recent injury, can't remeber what day, but it is concerning the sensations haven't fully gone by now and are constantly there in the background..highly doubt pulled muscles or whatever would cause these symptoms.

I'd like blood test and CT/MRI scan for my own peace of mind to see what's going on, but doubt they'll consider a referral. It makes you wonder in how many patients have to resort going to urgent care or hospital emergency room just to try and get access to scans and equipment because their own surgeries don't agree it's needed when the patient feels differently.

Hoping things improve soon, have a great week everyone.

Congrats on the loss! I hope you get the symptoms sorted out soon. Push for the tests. As my daughter always tells me we have to advocate for ourselves.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 300's @Poobah1972 !!!!!🎉👏👏🎉
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/20: 16,144
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Sorry about my missing steps. Mid June to mid July is extremely busy event wise and we got lots of furniture on top of that which required assembly. We had a great Father's Day and today I'm trying to get patio chairs at a yard sale, go shopping to meal prep my birthday vacation and turn in my daugters distance learning laptop.

6/18-11,884
    6/19-15,313
    6/20-14,157
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps 6/20: 16,144

Awesome steps!
    Sorry about my missing steps. Mid June to mid July is extremely busy event wise and we got lots of furniture on top of that which required assembly. We had a great Father's Day and today I'm trying to get patio chairs at a yard sale, go shopping to meal prep my birthday vacation and turn in my daugters distance learning laptop.

6/18-11,884
    6/19-15,313
    6/20-14,157

You are busy! When are you going on vacation? Your steps are amazing!
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Step count for 6/20
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi everyone ☺ Thank you for letting me join your team!!

My name is Joyce, I'm 51, married (26 years), and have 3 children (a girl and 2 boys). I live in Southern Ohio in a tiny little community.

I have MS (multiple sclerosis) and was diagnosed with it about 15 1/2 years ago. I'm on disability and have mobility issues that causes me to walk with a cane and move at the speed of a turtle!!

I have been off and on MFP for years but lately I haven't been consistent with logging and eating correctly. I know from my past that when I eat healthier I feel so much better and have more energy to navigate my day!!

I do IF and want to get more serious about a healthy keto/low carb diet.

My goals
    increase my water intake
    3,000 steps daily
    Make healthier choices on foods
    Portion control

I am hoping to gain more energy and stamina.

Thank you for having me!!!

Welcome to our amazing team .... I was a keto'er but now I am considered a low carber since I upped my carbs to 10% instead of 5% ..it is working better for me
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @MSWarrior7088 welcome to the team. you'll have lots of company on IF and lots of friendly support and cheering.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 very nice gym. i hope you can get it soon. i cooked a tri-tip yesterday on our smokeless indoor grill. came out very nice, but i added to much liquid smoke to the marinade.

@amymartin555 super work for the week. love that "mysterious" loss. great footwork.

@lindamtuck2018 happy belated birthday. glad you enjoyed your party. i'm sure you'll really enjoy your air fryer.

@Beverly2Hansen very nice steps. have a great time at your b-day vacation.

@Poobah1972 welcome to the 300s. i would show you around, but i'm trying to leave them behind myself. you've done amazing work. when i got my father's day card with the weight lifting hamster i got a mental image of you doing your workout.

@888Angie888 super steps. you're rocking it hard.

@mszoueb nice loss. i hope they can figure that out as well.

@Tazaria87 it sounds like you had a great day set up for father's day. i hope he liked the hunt. i love potato donuts. i remember my mom making 4 dozen at a time. pizza is tricky. you'll recover well.

@azkunk huge grats to your daughter's class. the lead act sets the tone of the whole show. enjoy the break before everything picks up again.

i just found a couple friend requests waiting for me today. i'm sorry if you were waiting long. i haven't found where they are on my phone yet and i don't log onto the computer much anymore. it's not like i don't want to be friends, it's just that i have to know about it before i can accept. i'll start logging in on the computer more often. i'm very sorry.

Thanks Roger .... not sure about your phone but scroll down on your phone on MFP until you see friends and if you have new ones there will be a number next to friends
This discussion has been closed.