Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    red1185 wrote: Β»
    6/20 steps: 4,188

Missing 6/19
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Been sweating my butt off at work (literally) because I work in an upwards of 140 degree temperatures, so I've been sedentary this week and only lost 1 lbs 😭

140Β°F would probably kill me. It's 88Β°F and I'm so hot right now. Even if it's only 1lb the fact that you're stuck in that heat means you are doing amazing things.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: Β»
    @Poobah1972 welcome to the 300s. i would show you around, but i'm trying to leave them behind myself. you've done amazing work. when i got my father's day card with the weight lifting hamster i got a mental image of you doing your workout.

Thanks for the chuckle... I'm not that furry. πŸ€“ Thank you! :)

• Poobah1972
    Options
    Been sweating my butt off at work (literally) because I work in an upwards of 140 degree temperatures, so I've been sedentary this week and only lost 1 lbs 😭

That's still a big WIN as far as I'm concerned. Turn that frown upside down... You got this! :)
  • Poobah1972
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Had a nice swim today ... 2 hours long and burned 600 calories... gonna enjoy my bone -in New York Steak on the BBQ with broccoli salad and cottage cheese :)

Great work Megan, I also ate New York Strip tonight... LOVE IT! :smiley:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Had a nice swim today ... 2 hours long and burned 600 calories... gonna enjoy my bone -in New York Steak on the BBQ with broccoli salad and cottage cheese :)

Great work Megan, I also ate New York Strip tonight... LOVE IT! :smiley:

Thank you so much Jonathan.... Have a great night :)
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was not a good day food wise. I definitely went over calorie and it's been a long time since that has happened. It started with father's day donuts at a local place that makes potato flour donuts. After my husband found (my kids sent him on a scavenger hunt) and opened his presents, we went to my parent's for lunch and to give my dad his present. Lunch was reasonable, hamburger- no bun, toppings, baked chips, and a rhubarb bar I made. Things got bad in the evening when my husband decided he wanted pizza for dinner. 3 pieces later my stomach hurt so bad. I'm still full this morning!! I'm considering doing a fasting day today instead of my 8 hour window. Give my tummy a chance to righten out. Especially with going out tomorrow for our anniversary to a new restaurant. It might be a rough week on the scale.

Mmmm, that sounds interesting potato flour donuts. Ooohhh, I know that feeling "I can't believe I ate the whole thing". I hope your belly feels better. Happy early Anniversary.

@lmf1012
    Congrats on another over 10,000 (10,720) step day πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Amazing how many steps you've been getting!

Welcome to the Team @MSWarrior7088
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Username. amymartin555
    Weigh in day monday

SW. 184.0
    PW. 167.4
    CW. 163.2

I will take it! I don't know what I did different this week but I wish I can do it again. Take care everyone. I will be back later and try to catch up on how everyone has been doing.

Awesome loss! It is so nice when we get a big whoosh. All those steps are paying off.

Hi everyone ☺ Thank you for letting me join your team!!

My name is Joyce, I'm 51, married (26 years), and have 3 children (a girl and 2 boys). I live in Southern Ohio in a tiny little community.

I have MS (multiple sclerosis) and was diagnosed with it about 15 1/2 years ago. I'm on disability and have mobility issues that causes me to walk with a cane and move at the speed of a turtle!!

I have been off and on MFP for years but lately I haven't been consistent with logging and eating correctly. I know from my past that when I eat healthier I feel so much better and have more energy to navigate my day!!

I do IF and want to get more serious about a healthy keto/low carb diet.

My goals
    increase my water intake
    3,000 steps daily
    Make healthier choices on foods
    Portion control

I am hoping to gain more energy and stamina.

Thank you for having me!!!

Welcome! You have great goals.

I would be sedentary in that heat. Nice loss!

red1185 wrote: Β»
    6/20 steps: 4,188

Great steps!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Aaaghhhhh!! I can't wait to see your before and now pictures. That's so very exciting πŸ˜†πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@lindamtuck2018
    Oh yes, there are so many air fryer recipes out there. Have fun looking 🀩

@888Angie888
    Way to stay so high πŸ˜† 16,144πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@Beverly2Hansen
    Nice going on all the high steps!!

@amymartin555
    Congratulations on your loss and your extremely high step count πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» you're doing fantastic!!

@MSWarrior7088
    I'm so glad you're here! I love your goals. What types of yummy healthy foods are you planning on adding to your day?

@runzfromzombies
    What?? 140 degrees! I thought it was hot here. What are you doing? Congratulations on the loss πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

@red1185
    Love seeing those stepsπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: Β»
    Steps 11,359

Another fun busy day, swimming then rented a boat with friends for Father’s Day. Glad it’s Monday since the weekends have been so busy and just trying to do my best with eating. I did my workout before we headed out for the day.

Been so busy I have had little time to read everyone’s posts 😩

You do so great with fitting in your workout. All that fun after is a great reward.

Ok the steak and salad sound so good. Cottage cheese not so much. Seriously, I would kill for a nice rare steak about now.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone.... πŸ˜ƒ

Great day today... 😎πŸ’ͺπŸ‘

30 minutes on the Elliptical this morning - Check
    Back and Bicep workout after work - Check
    And yea there was that thing re-joining the 300lb club once more.. Hehe 🀠

Work out was great today... Finally got our Tunes set up, and listened to some classic rock songs as we pumped iron. Strength is climbing every week so much so it's surprising me, and that's just a good feeling.

Lynn is doing great too, I can see her deltoids... 😁 And I *kitten* you not, she tries as hard as anyone to complete sets, and get every possible rep she can muster. So proud of her. She's a warrior!

Not sure my Fitbit makes much sense for tonight's workout, as the harder exercises are on the front end, yet it would seem my highest readings are towards the back end, where I finished with bicep curls and wrist curls.... Although a set of 33 reps of bicep curls is painful both mentally and physically, as was the Wrist curls will my forearms felt they would explode. But that's what makes it fun. 😈

(quick thought, I wonder how long it will take my left arm to catch up to my right arm? Anyone familiar with that...)

As for food... I can't help feeling ate too much "Tonight". I'm pretty darn top heavy with much of my calories coming after my workout. I think it would have been better if I say ate the same amount today, but tried to time 200 calories of it before my workout, instead of so much right after. But I'm probably splitting hairs? πŸͺ“

Kay that's it... Just cardio on tap for tomorrow morning. Another bleeding 30 minutes of pure "FUN". πŸ˜†

Good night Guys! And thanks for all the love, it definitely goes right to my head. πŸ˜‰

yalfju0ohff6.png

You had such a great day. Hearing about your strength training is really pumping me up for when the gym restrictions are lifted in Ontario. About 4.5 weeks if I am calculating right. I probably will be asking you for tips.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Welcome @MSWarrior7088 and wishing you success.
    Congratulations @Poohbah1972 on making it to the 300s!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Bike- 31 minutes, 8 miles πŸ‘Ž
    Steps- 10,000 βœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cups πŸ‘Ž only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank βœ…
    Under calorie budget βœ…

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 31 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 11,700

Why is it that summer days go by faster than school days? The days are flying by. Hubby is still committed to his daily walks πŸ’– He's doing amazing! We've been together for over two decades and this is the longest that he has been exercising consistency. Looking for advice, he mentioned that he isn't losing weight. His way of eating hasn't changed (and I don't think he wants to give up his bread, pizza, deep fried Buffalo tenders, burgers, bagels- he chooses to eat differently than the kids and I...). I don't want to tell him that he can't outrun a fork, because I'm afraid that may demotivate him from walking and I'm so proud of him for walking- every- single- day. So... what would you say to your honey if he said he's surprised he isn't losing weight?

kemxxlqmdsem.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: Β»
    Steps 11,359

Another fun busy day, swimming then rented a boat with friends for Father’s Day. Glad it’s Monday since the weekends have been so busy and just trying to do my best with eating. I did my workout before we headed out for the day.

Been so busy I have had little time to read everyone’s posts 😩

You do so great with fitting in your workout. All that fun after is a great reward.

Ok the steak and salad sound so good. Cottage cheese not so much. Seriously, I would kill for a nice rare steak about now.

The salad and steak was yummy ... I was too full to have cottage cheese ... I think I have finally found what is working for my weight loss now ...not considered keto anymore but I still eat that way .. I upped my carbs to 10% and am not over on carbs anymore :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Bike- 31 minutes, 8 miles πŸ‘Ž
    Steps- 10,000 βœ…
    Seltzer- 8 cups πŸ‘Ž only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank βœ…
    Under calorie budget βœ…

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 31 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 11,700

Why is it that summer days go by faster than school days? The days are flying by. Hubby is still committed to his daily walks πŸ’– He's doing amazing! We've been together for over two decades and this is the longest that he has been exercising consistency. Looking for advice, he mentioned that he isn't losing weight. His way of eating hasn't changed (and I don't think he wants to give up his bread, pizza, deep fried Buffalo tenders, burgers, bagels- he chooses to eat differently than the kids and I...). I don't want to tell him that he can't outrun a fork, because I'm afraid that may demotivate him from walking and I'm so proud of him for walking- every- single- day. So... what would you say to your honey if he said he's surprised he isn't losing weight?

kemxxlqmdsem.png

If I had a honey I would tell him to limit those things and have more fruits, smoothies, veggies whether they are cooked or raw ....He has to have the willpower though ..wishing him the very best :)
This discussion has been closed.