Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I did some gardening yesterday morning, but then I got very fatigued. A side effect from the vaccine. I ended up sitting in my easy chair the rest of the day before heading to bed early. I feel much better this morning. Not fun to lose a day, but I kept telling myself that it is a small price to pay for getting protection against Covid. In two weeks I should be good to get out and about with much less chance of getting sick.

My parents and one son will be coming over later today for a BBQ. We will be celebrating Father's Day and my parent's anniversary. Steak is on the menu. It should be a fairly healthy meal as long as I can control my portion sizes.
  • atgoal135
    atgoal135 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Shari…so glad you had a second vaccine shot. Which type did you choose to get this time? DH and I both had Pfizer and did not have any fatigue from either dose..I think the pedialyte helped with the that and other potential side effects. Have you tried adding some electrolytes? I hope you feel better soon and have a productive session with your counselors. So nice it is someone familiar that you have confidence in!🙏🏻

Paula…I had to smile at your reaction to the banana muffin…so often I build up in my mind some treat I want and when I actually allow myself to have it,it’s not as good as it used to be, lol! Which helps me stay stronger the next time not to have that item. Of course I still have go to favorite indulges which are tasty and I deem worth the calories sometimes.

MJ…welcome to our new daily check in spot….since you are new here I will say my user name was from 2011 when I joined this MFPal group. MFPal is so inactive on the group postings I had forgotten I even had an account, lol…like 5 yrs and no one posting to 17dd group I had tried! I no longer am at that goal weight (wish I had not let myself gain back 30 lbs I had lost, but I did)…I will come up will a new name but need to think on it because you are allowed only ONE time name change. I will make the new user name more generic, lol! So far every name I come up with already has been taken, lol! Hope you are staying strong and on track diet wise and are staying well! Hugs❤️

DW…we ended up not having pancakes at DS, instead we got together yesterday at DD and had an egg bake with OBrien potatoes. More on track, lol! Weather in MN is sooo changeable…raining today and so we took advantage of nicer weather and celebrated a day early! Hope you and everyone is having a lovely Father’s Day weekend!
  • atgoal135
    Options
    DW…I forgot to mention I used to do Silver Sneakers at YMCA when in MN prior to Covid…...it’s a great program. I hope you are able to continue online! If not, there appears to be several YouTube video exercises sessions for general or specific to seniors (like me) online that are free. 😍 It’s where I found my trampoline senior workout…..I miss my tramp but know with my current knee issues on left side and continued right foot issues, I would not be up to using it right now, sigh! One day at a time!

Good news, mystery of how I injured my right foot is solved…our dishwasher door (here in MN) when it opens comes down hard almost touching floor…if your foot is under it you get a painful strike force on top of foot right across metatarsal area of foot. I am being much more careful and will strive not to reinjure that area this summer. Very poor design!🤨
  • shariletts
    Options
    My second shot was Pfizer. I hope I don't have to get a third shot in order to be allowed to travel into the States. We shall see. The studies out of the UK are saying that one AstraZeneca followed by a Pfizer has better protection than two of the same shot. Time will tell. I did drink Gatorade and feel that it saved me from feeling worse for longer. I think the day of doing nothing was good for me.

I had a few more extras in my diet than I had planned on yesterday. I am back to the hard work this week! Looking forward to seeing a bit more of weight drop!!! Here's hoping.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my attempt at starting a full day of C1. Today would have been it but I had a half a sweet roll for breakfast before my eggs this morning. Left over from Fathers Day. Won’t be anymore of that in the house for about a month until I get over my sweet cravings and sugar addiction again. Rest of today I am committed to C1 but tomorrow will be my C1D1, telling myself I can do it again!!
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I hope you are all doing well!! We had a quiet day here yesterday so my eating was on track and zoom yoga was relaxing but challenging. This morning it was back to zoom Silver Sneakers. I have an ambitious list of chores for today-we'll see how far that goes... sometimes my lists look more like "wishful thinking"-LOL!! Have a great Monday!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hope all goes well for C1D1 for you Diane. By the way, since you closed your spark account, I think all of your posts have been removed from the site. I checked our "on track" discussion there today just to see if there was any action. All of your posts, Diane, are gone. Your user name is also gone and replaced with CD26437508 and it says "message removed" where your posts had been on our thread. Interesting and good to know they do remove things.

DW - I like your go to bed and have it for breakfast technique. I think I am going to have to try that. Hope it works for me as it did for you!

Shari - So glad you got your second shot. I had not heard of mixing 2 brands of vaccine, but now that I think of it, it makes some sense to me.

I had a relatively good day today with chicken for supper once again. DS is such a good sport about how often I make chicken for us. It was a busy day here as I met with my new financial advisor. She came to the house, and I am very pleased. I had been with my previous financial advisor for quite some time and I think he just took my accounts for granted without putting much thought into what investments would be better for me. My new advisor is with a different firm so I am transferring all of my investment accounts,a and I feel good about that. I also had a visit from a friend from a service organization I belong to. She dropped off some work for me to do, which won't take long, but is one more thing on my "to do" list. We are currently having severe thunderstorms again so I am signing off and turning off all of our electronics and hoping that we don't lose electricity.

Good night friends!
  • DW2022
    Options
    Good Morning! I am missing SP tracking for smaller goals such as drinking the lemon water and not eating after 8:00pm. Has anyone found anything like that on here? I'm celebrating today because I finally made it back to my pre-vacation weight after losing and gaining the same 5 lbs for 2 months. I'm hoping to continue the downward trend! Good Luck with C1 Diane! It definitely gets easier after the first several days-it usually takes me 3-4 days to get past the sugar/carb cravings. Shari, I had not heard of having two different shots. I wonder if that will be an option if we all need to have boosters at some point? Paula, I hope everything was OK after the storms-we had them Sunday night. Everyone have a great day!!
  • shariletts
    Options
    I am missing some of the features on SP too DW. Tracking the smaller goals, getting points and some of the food tracking options. I don't find MFP keeps my most recent foods list as well as SP did either. I am adjusting.

There seems to be more and more vaccine mixing in Canada. First it was just the people that had AstraZeneca for the first does. Now we are short on Pfizer so the government is saying people can choose Moderna for their second dose. It seems like our vaccine rules are changing on the fly.

I had my counselling session yesterday afternoon. I have a second one to go to now in a couple of weeks. I am to come up with a "theme" of the main feeling I get when my in-laws show up. Since they trigger stress when they show up, she wants to me settle on the why. We talked about that theme being the loss of power. That fits, along with some other feelings. So if I settle on then I can bring her an example of an experience where I have felt that I had no power. That shouldn't be too hard. Then she will help me to turn that around into something that won't make me stressed when they show up. I will give it a try.

The dieting is going okay. I know I can tighten up a few more areas where I slip up. There is still room for progress and I am enjoying seeing smaller numbers on the scale. Hope to keep it going.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    C1D1…so far my breakfast was on track. I pretty much do C1 breakfast each day so is not really a victory, lol. But…DH had some chocolate chip cookies by the coffee pot and I resisted. Started to reach for them (still sleepy) before I remembered this is my day 1, lol. So I poured my coffee and was fine with not indulging. I look forward to joining you all with some weight loss victories in the coming weeks. One choice at a time, I am committed to success!!

Shari…so glad you had a productive first counseling session. Wishing you all the best in reducing your stress levels.

Paula, thanks for checking on the Spark site. Glad my info is no longer out there in “internet space”, lol. Is one reason I decided to close my account before the site just does a shut down. I had to smile about your chicken meal…I foresee a lot of chicken in my future too!

DW…yes, I too miss features on Spark and preferred it’s trackers to this site….but part of my issue at my age is being slower in adjusting to change, lol. Spark is gone so I will keep moving on. Glad we have each other to help adjust to the new site and together we will find what works. Congrats on your weight loss, too! 👍😎
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Oh Diane, I hear you on adjusting to change!! It is an increasing issue for me for sure. It holds true for me in many different situations. I have not devoted the time I should to this new site yet. I suspect that eventually it will be come more comfortable and familiar. It will take me some time and effort (both of which are in short supply for me at the moment).

Shari, sounds like you are off to a good start with your counselor. I am still tracking my food on Spark People because it is so convenient. I have played around with the food tracker here and was pleasantly surprised by the foods already present on the list here.

DW, Woo Hoo for getting back to your pre-vacation weight! That is terrific. We didn't lose our electricity last night but areas not too far from here sustained some significant wind damage.

This morning on the radio I heard a quick "medical minute" feature about dieting. The doctor said that occasional slip ups are a natural occurrence with lifestyle changes as we diet. He said that the occasional slip up will not derail a diet, but how we react to the slip up could derail us. He pointed out how important it is for us to get right back on track after we stray if we want to see our dieting efforts succeed. That isn't anything new to me really, but it was good for me to hear that today.

• mjjdzhere
    mjjdzhere Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am no longer following 17 day diet - lost a few more pounds, now working at maintaining and not really on a program to do so. That hasn't proven the best for me in the past but right now will keep an eye on the scale and stay within 3 pounds. Maintaining has always been an issue. I struggled with where to stop my weight loss, and when I can be more active will lose a few more pounds. I am aware that I need to work at maintaining - and am keeping in mind that by not allowing myself to eat "certain" foods, I think I felt deprived and overate at a later time. Glad to see so many here.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    MJ….Congrats on reaching goal!!! Looking back, maintaining and following the 17dd rules for that came pretty naturally and worked for 3 yrs for me. My only struggle was not to lose more and I sure wish I had stuck with maintaining. For me, once I started just eating whenever and whatever I wanted I gained rapidly. Now 10+ yrs older I found at first I lost on 17dd then plateaued for weeks. The lack of even small continued losses gave me the excuse (I must have wanted) to quit diet for a while….which turned into its own few weeks and I gained back most of my 10-12 lbs lost. I am finding my resolve to lose is not as strong as it used to be and as it needs to be. One element missing for me is exercise. My knee issues are keeping me less mobile and flexible these days. I wish you all the best on your maintaining and not gaining! Keep up the great effort and mindfulness which is what it takes!😍👍
  • atgoal135
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Yesterday was mostly a successful C1D1. My only glitch was allowing myself a few potatoes at dinner with my meat/veggies. I had made them for DH and could not resist. No bread, and only snacks were 2 yogurts. Grocery store I passed up all sweets and non diet foods. So feel the rest of day was a win. Today I hope and I am planning on 3 compliant meals. I forgot that tonight there is a ladies only party for our homeowners association. Accepted invite 3 weeks ago and is first ever event like this since we moved here a few years ago. It will be a two hour 5-7:00 party and a chance to meet some new people….which it will be nice to get acquainted with some of my neighbors! (We have attended a once a year annual meeting which is all business and offers no social time.) I will bring my own Yetti cup with water and skip the wine…just hope I can behave if other non diet foods are in front of me!💪😋
  • shariletts
    Options
    I am still working hard at eating well. I had a work dinner last night and I looked up the nutritional info before I attended the meeting. I chose the best I could, lowest I could with calories, but the sodium level was high. I thought that would be better than choosing higher calories and lower sodium. So I will make sure to drink lots of water the next few days and then weigh in. Hoping to lose another pound in a week's time. This is a very slow process for me, but I won't give up.

I hope you did well at the homeowners party Diane. I would find it hard to pass up a glass of wine!
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Just back from homeowners party! Stuck to my water bottle. Only food I had was a small skewer which consisted of 4 grape tomatoes, one small piece mozzarella cheese, 1 nickel size piece of sausage, and 1 green olive. I had no chips, dips etc. I also had four almonds. When I got home I had a plate of veggies with plain turkey which was deli meat and less than 50 calories. So I did well and all my other meals were on track. Last night when I wanted to eat I decided time for bed instead. Will do the same tonight if I get hungry after 10:00!💪😎
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    MJ, congrats on your success!!! We all will be here to celebrate and cheer you on as you maintain your loss! Woo Hoo!

Diane, you are off to a great start with C1. Glad you were able to find some healthy options at your get-together. That's the way to do it!!! I applaud you! Your planning and will power is inspiring.

Shari, I agree with you that you can flush out the sodium more readily than extra calories, especially those laden with sugar and/or fat.

I had a somewhat off day today. After my cottage cheese and fruit breakfast, I allowed myself to get way too hungry because Craig and I worked on cleaning out the garage most of the day. We got a lot done and the time flew by. When I realized what time it was I was very surprised and very hungry. I am pleased with how much we accomplished in the garage....Craig did all the work, I sat there and told him what to do with whatever he uncovered. He filled the entire back of his pick up truck with garbage to haul away and will have probably a half truck of items to either donate or recycle. Anyway, by the time I was back in the house I was ravenous and had no willpower to reach for anything compliant, so I indulged in some of DS's pretzels. I got back on plan when I made turkey burgers (again) and veggie burgers for supper, but I know the pretzels raised my carb count for the day.
  • DW2022
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! Just a quick check in while I enjoy a cup of coffee...Shari and Diane, congrats on the great choices in social settings! I hope I can do the same tonight when I attend a meeting with ice cream treats. I might try my mask technique again-or at least put it on while the refreshments are being consumed. MJ, congrats on your loss!! Paula, how great it must feel to have a truck load of stuff leaving!! I am at that point where I want to get rid of the excess stuff but can't get any cooperation. I rent a storage unit and have a strong desire to bring the stuff back here, go through it and get rid of stuff so I don't need to rent that space anymore. Perhaps if I start with a couple of totes at a time, I could accomplish the goal without additional support....Have a great day!!
  • shariletts
    Options
    My eating was way off yesterday. Oh dear! I met my friend who has been having an affair as she called it off and broke up with the married man. I hope he will respect her decision and NOT contact her, but he is such a terrible human, he will try and win her back. She needs to be strong. Anyway we met up at a patio and had some wine- no problem, but I wanted to eat as I hadn't had a big meal and needed food with my drink. I ate chicken wings and I had a tuna stack (raw tuna with guacamole) along with some kind of fried chips. The food was soooo good. But I tracked the best I could and I was way over in calories. I hope I didn't undo all of my hard work these last two days. I am back on track today. I believe I need to follow a food plan to do it, so today may be the day I start C1D1. Right now it's a cup of hot lemon water, then I will wait to see when I get hungry for breakfast and reach for an egg with fruit. I have a grapefruit on hand, so that's helpful.

And more drama with the in-laws. DH asked his parents to not plan to be here after 3:30pm as I have a work meeting that we are holding outside, and he asked them not to come out tomorrow. I was to have different work people over, but not that's cancelled. But- when he asked his mom if she got his text about it, she said she did but was not happy and that we don't understand. He didn't inquire about why she wasn't happy or what we didn't understand. He may do that in person today. They are coming out this morning. They would be here everyday if we didn't ask them to skip specific days, and that seems so backwards to me. That we have to provide a schedule of dates and times that we would like some privacy outdoors and somehow she doesn't like that. I am thankful I have more counselling coming up. But it's July 7, so until then I suck it up.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Wow Shari…Sorry about the in law stressful situation. It must be very difficult! Hang in there and I hope your therapist has some good ideas for handling the stress of these continuing intrusive situations.

C1D3….WooHoo! I am feeling more powerful and hope the feeling continues! I did no snacking after my light dinner last night. Yesterday was a good day. On track again today and am getting hungry for lunch. Veggies again with more light calorie turkey. I am a lazy cook and just tired of it after 53+ years of being the cook (to be honest). Shortcuts when I can. Tonight we are having tacos, (taco salad for me.). I suppose hamburger even lean is not really a C1 meat but I am allowing it. Too lazy to make two different dinner meals every night, lol. I just adjust…as in hubby gets spaghetti with noodles and I get spaghetti sauce with veggies only. If he has pizza I will have veggies and a meat choice usually some deli cold cuts as again I will not “cook’ two meals. Tomorrow night I am baking chicken and we will both have that, me with more veggies, him with potatoes which I hope to avoid.🤞💪