Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Replies

• lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

6/26 steps 5,808

Yesterday was an off day for me, was not able to get a walk in <insert sad face>
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Also I only just realised that this is a new month- oh my goodness!

I will do an intro post either tomorrow or Tuesday.

But big welcome to all the new people this month!!!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 565 Member
    It's 12:30AM, middle of the night, and I'm sitting in a chair in my mom's hospital room. She'll be going home Monday or Tuesday. I'm exhausted. It's been rough. She's a trooper, and she's doing as well as she can considering her disease.
    Wanted to say that I was able to read every message, and no time to respond now. Congrats to our awesome team for winning the month of June!
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2021
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 222.8
    CW: 224.2

---
    Hi all, here for Monday check in and the new month!

So, this past week it looks like I took a temporary diversion off the main road on the scales again. A gain from last week, but technically June finished and July started on a small loss as I started June at 225.4lb.

On friday night I ended up having greek takeaway with a couple slices of pizza with family, however, I split what I got over two days so, had some Friday night and then the rest for my lunch the following day.. I thought it'd even itself out, but the overall calories over the week alongside this must have been higher than I thought.

As a team we had a fantastic June, yay and congrats to everyone!! You are all inspiring.

Big NSV and June success yesterday for me in that I achieved a 6 month log in streak for MFP!

July goals:
    1. No matter the number, finish July on a loss!
    2. Improve water intake
    3. Continue dog walking

Have a great week everyone!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    red1185 wrote: »
    Y’all’s stories are always so inspiring!!! Y’all just keep going and going and going.
    Whether it’s @Tazaria87 avoiding delicious-sounding food at a party, @Poobah1972 doibg the fast, @TheresaM787 doing major steps by herself AND with hubby, or everyone else just getting their steps in - y’all are amazing and so inspiring!

I may not respond to all posts individually like most of y’all, but I do read them, and sit back thinking y’all are rockstars!

Today I had a stressful day, full of anxiety, and when that happens I usually can’t eat because my stomach hurts. I’ve learned that the best way I can get relief is by moving. I walked around my neighborhood, with and without the dog, and then went to the park to walk and just sit on a park bench to get fresh air, quiet time, and clear my head. I spoke to my therapist, and a friend, which all helped. Toward the end of the day, I was able to get some closure, and finally calm down. I feel so much better. I’m also proud to say that I didn’t have a panic attack NOR did I have to take my emergency “calm down” medicine. I’m suuuuper proud of both of those! I think I’ll consider those my NSVs for the day.

Between all of that I got 6,700 steps. I think that’s pretty good considering Sundays are usually lazy days where I don’t do anything. Anxiety…it’s a doozy!

You should be proud. Anxiety can be very debilitating and you showed it who’s the boss.

6/27 steps - 6,070

Today was a good day...started with breakfast after church...this is the only day I eat before noon...stayed low carb!
    Dinner was made by my dad and we had meatloaf with broccoli and cauliflower casserole.
    Tomorrow is my first weigh in with the group....little nervous but I haven't been able to get back on tract like I've wanted..however I did go to the grocery and got some healthy things...

To be continued tomorrow 🥴

Nice steps! No matter what the scales show today you have a plan for the coming week.

Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh-inDat: Sunday
    PW:
    CW: 147.6

I am having an extremely stressful week. Stress should be ending next week and things will improve. Expect weight to drop in coming weeks.

Sorry things are still stressful. My weight always increases when I am going through a stressful period. I have no doubt that you will lose the rest of the month.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

6/26 steps 5,808

Yesterday was an off day for me, was not able to get a walk in <insert sad face>

An off day is ok. You came back the next day and did over 10k. You have great goals for the month.
    azkunk wrote: »
    Username: azkunk
    Weigh day: Sunday
    CW: 180.4

New month, new attitude. I am taking back control!

Attitude is a big part of this battle. I am excited to see your success this month!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Amazing walks yet again. Distances I can only dream of still.

@Tazaria87 excellent job at the party. Those early parties as we come out of this are really stressful. The will power you have is wonderful.

Check in for 6/27:
    Steps - 10908.
    Calories - 1590. Hot air popcorn for dessert. I was debating about getting a small dip cone but stuck with popcorn. Maybe plan it into a day later so I'll have more room. I would have been at 1780 with the cone.
    Exercise - 4.7 mile walk this morning then hid indoors. Only hit 83 here, inland San Diego.

Roger, you hit distances I can only dream of so you are very inspiring! I said before and I have to say it again, you amaze me with you control when it comes to eating. I think hibernation is I good idea in the hot weather. It’s going up to 83 today but it will feel like it’s just over 100. The humidity is a killer.

18,217 steps today.
    Most of our town including stores don't have AC so I did at least 50% indoors.
    I may skip tomorrow which is expected to be 112° no AC. It's cooler earlier but with the heat I'm struggling to sleep until the temp finally drops later in the night and I'm sleeping in. I drank 3liters of water maybe more and ate within my deficit.

No ac! I would die! Great job getting all those steps with all that heat. Stay cool the best you can today and keep hydrated.

iradi8 wrote: »
    It's 12:30AM, middle of the night, and I'm sitting in a chair in my mom's hospital room. She'll be going home Monday or Tuesday. I'm exhausted. It's been rough. She's a trooper, and she's doing as well as she can considering her disease.
    Wanted to say that I was able to read every message, and no time to respond now. Congrats to our awesome team for winning the month of June!

You are doing very well with your steps even though you are spending so much time at the hospital. I am glad your mom is going home and doing well. I hope you can get some rest once you get her settled.

mszoueb wrote: »
    Username: mszoueb
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW: 222.8
    CW: 224.2

---
    Hi all, here for Monday check in and the new month!

So, this past week it looks like I took a temporary diversion off the main road on the scales again. A gain from last week, but technically June finished and July started on a small loss as I started June at 225.4lb.

On friday night I ended up having greek takeaway with a couple slices of pizza with family, however, I split what I got over two days so, had some Friday night and then the rest for my lunch the following day.. I thought it'd even itself out, but the overall calories over the week alongside this must have been higher than I thought.

As a team we had a fantastic June, yay and congrats to everyone!! You are all inspiring.

Big NSV and June success yesterday for me in that I achieved a 6 month log in streak for MFP!

July goals:
    1. No matter the number, finish July on a loss!
    2. Improve water intake
    3. Continue dog walking

Have a great week everyone!

We all have little detours off the main road. You have a great plan for the month which will lead to success on the scale. Congrats on your log in streak.
  • lindamtuck2018
    steps!!!

22/6- 5394
    23/6- 3110
    24/6- 10920
    25/6- 4333
    26/6- 10021

and for this week so far

27/6- 9719

Thanks everyone for the well wishes regarding Gael. So her kidney stone passed on Wednesday evening- it's amazing how such a small little thing can cause so much pain (it was about 2mm in size) but i'm thankful that she's not in any more pain!

This week has been ok- Wednesday I got my second vaccine, and I was a little fatigued- hence not making my steps that day. But apart from a sore arm and a bit of tiredness, I was perfectly fine. Another week and a half and I'll be fully vaccinated! I'm so happy!

I've had most of the week off work and it's been lovely but my goodness is it hot and humid in Toronto! (Granted not as hot as the west coast!) I went out for a walk with a friend on thursday, and we may be making it a regular thing which is nice! We walked about 6km. It's so much easier when you're actually exercising with someone else!

I would love to see a loss this week, I am going to try and change up some things to get my body back into the losses.

ALSO

I have booked a flight home! Canada are lifting some quarantine restrictions for vaccinated people, and I'm hoping the UK will follow suit. My brother is the only person who knows on that side of the world, and I'm planning on keeping it that way- I want to surprise everyone!

I also would love to get down to 250lb by then (about 37lb weight loss) and I have about 17 weigh ins until I'm set to go- so it means upping my water, upping my veggies, and incorporating exercise.

I did, however, find out that the arena right across from me does lane swimming in their teeny tiny pool (it's like 10-15 metres long lol) and also there is an olympic-sized pool not far from me! So as restrictions lift, hopefully I can go for a swim! As an ex-competitive swimmer, it is a good exercise for me. Shame I can't wear my fitbit, but I know for the step challenge on here I can add steps ;)

Anyway- I'm off to bed, already past 12.30am here, but just wanted to check in <3

That’s good news about your wife. Great job walking in the humidity. Maybe we will get some thunderstorms this afternoon and cool things off for a few hours. I think it is going to be a little cooler on Canada day. That’s so exciting about your trip. It’s a wonderful motivator for weight loss. I am counting down the days to phase 3 to be able to swim laps. You’re right, it’s great exercise.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Check in for Sunday
    ✅Steps 7,697
    ❌Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ❌ 6/8 hourly reminders

Discovered in the afternoon that my Fitbit had the vibrations turned off. I missed the first 2 reminders in the morning. Anyways, it’s working today so 8/8 is my plan. It’s very humid outside so I am trying to decide whether to make today my rest day or go after my doctors appointment. I may just walk indoors today. Decisions, decisions!

Happy Monday!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    @red1185
    I'm sorry you had a stressful day, hopefully today is much better 🤗 Another NSV for you is that you recognized that walking helps to reduce your stress AND you stepped your way up to 6,700 steps👏🏻👏🏻 You're doing absolutely amazing Rachel 🤩

@lindamtuck2018
    Thank you so very much 🤗 That's our plan (for us to be healthy and grow old together- walking hand in hand). Yesterday may have been a fluke, I am not at the level of walking 10 miles all at once. My body told me that, several times, yesterday and again this morning.
    You are walking with littles, they move sporadically and have boundless energy. I'm walking the same pace with no obstacles 😆 You definitely had the more challenging walk. I remember walking with my two when they were little.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I wish! You are in a league that I aspire to be in one day. The way my body is screaming at me, I learned my lesson. I need to work up to mini-Megan's gradually.

@MSWarrior7088
    Terrific step day Joyce👏🏻👏🏻 Oh my goodness, my dad makes a delicious meatloaf too. I think when we see him next, that's what I'll be asking for. Your broccoli and cauliflower casserole sounds delicious. You've had a busy weekend. You'll be back on track this week 🤗

@Beautyofdreams
    I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having a stressful week. I hope it gets easier. We are here for you, if you want to vent. 🤗

@lmf1012
    Joni, you rocked it with over 5,800 steps👏🏻👏🏻

More to come....
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Steps- 11,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 only five cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thank you, I appreciate you saying that. It's incredible how you walk with the pain in your feet and then of course after having surgery. I'm glad you're happy with your progress, you're doing phenomenally well!!

Steps are you sitting down? I know I am, and I may just sleep here because I don't want to move. 25,300!! I know! Ok, so this is what happened. Woke up later then I wanted, again, no time for coffee, again. Walked for almost four miles while waiting for hubby this morning. I was getting ready to come back home and drain a pot of coffee, when I received his text saying he'd meet me outside in five minutes. I have the devil on my shoulder saying, "I'm done. I'm tired. My hips are hurting and lower back feeling strain." I have the angel on my shoulder pleading with me, "You've been wanting him to exercise since you've been together (over two decades). Now he's coming and you want to go inside?" He comes outside, we start walking and talking, we get to the area that we usually turn around to make our way back home (it's usually a 5k loop) and, are you ready for this? He say's, " Let's go a bit further." We get there. " Just a bit more." We get there. "I wonder if we can make it to the next crosswalk." We get there. "You know we could try to get to the far cross walk." In my mind, I'm saying "who is this guy? where is my husband?" We FINALLY get all the way to the far cross walk (3 miles away from home) and all I'm thinking is "where are all of the shared scooters and shared bikes, so we don't have to walk home?" Now, I've already walked seven miles and we still have three more miles to walk home 😆. I was thinking, how do these amazing Downsizers do this? I just want my couch and my coffee. That's when the sun hid behind a cloud, there was a sudden strong breeze coming off the water and we somehow made it back home. I'm so proud of hubby. He walked about six miles! SIX! Ok, so we are now home. Finally. I'm making a pot of coffee, when my boy came up to me and said, "Mommy, you know what we should do today? Go mini golfing." 🤣

fuotn8zmapf0.jpg

Holy fantastico!!! I don't know where to cheer or to collapse beside you guys in shared agony! Amazing? :)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes regarding Gael. So her kidney stone passed on Wednesday evening- it's amazing how such a small little thing can cause so much pain (it was about 2mm in size) but i'm thankful that she's not in any more pain!

This week has been ok- Wednesday I got my second vaccine, and I was a little fatigued- hence not making my steps that day. But apart from a sore arm and a bit of tiredness, I was perfectly fine. Another week and a half and I'll be fully vaccinated! I'm so happy!

Hooray for the passed stone! I'm sure that is sigh of relief!!! And a fellow double vac'er in the house! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.