Downsizers-July Chat 2021

Options

Replies

• Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Today is my birthday. I am 57, a new age. I had a wish for my birthday. It was to reach a new age in weight, like age of aquarius. If I reached 299.8 I would be in my 4th century of weight in 2 years. I kept it to myself the last week so I wouldn't put to much pressure on myself.
    lc3lkaa33vjf.jpg

i celebrated by eating the half apple fritter and half of the half buttermilk doughnut. i stopped at that amount because i was satisfied. i'm still hungry, but satisfied.

Congradulations and welcome to the 200lb club. You have done an amazing job staying consistent and we're all really proud of you!🤩HAPPY BIRTHDAY🥳
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 7/2: 15,135
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,648 Member
    Options
    PW- 146.4
    CW-144.4
    I'm glad I'm starting to get back on track. I think my original goal might have been to aggressive so for July I just want to get to 140.0lbs or lower not necessarily 7lbs down. My goal being 130.0lbs makes it kind of impractical for me to be so aggressive at this point. A lot of the time now I'm struggling to stay in my deficit.

Just wondering are you still with us with the step challenge? If you are I need your steps from 6/28-7/3 thank you :)

Yes I'm still with you. I just had a rough low step week. On our hot day I couldn't walk, I injured my foot wearing sandals, I missed a day because my cousin in law was giving birth to my nephew and because I didn't go to sleep(her labor was induced and lasted about 24hours) I chose to skip the following day because I felt semi loopy.
    6/28/21-15,058
    6/29/21-10,113
    6/30/21-11,053
    7/1/21-2,867(carried 35lbs for 50% of these steps) My nephew was born and I set up my fathers brand new bed and box spring after they arrived which he's really loving.
    7/2/21-N/A(I didn't wear my pedometer or go walk because of exhaustion). I'm hoping this next week will run on my typical schedule but we will see how things go. It should be more normal since I don't have any other oddball plans.

Glad you are still with us ... Congrats on your new nephew...thanks for posting your steps :)
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Today is my birthday. I am 57, a new age. I had a wish for my birthday. It was to reach a new age in weight, like age of aquarius. If I reached 299.8 I would be in my 4th century of weight in 2 years. I kept it to myself the last week so I wouldn't put to much pressure on myself.

i celebrated by eating the half apple fritter and half of the half buttermilk doughnut. i stopped at that amount because i was satisfied. i'm still hungry, but satisfied.

That's a fantastic birthday gift to yourself. Congratulations and happy birthday!!! :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Strawberry trifle is done (posted the recipe on our recipe thread) ...eggplant lasagna is in the oven ....I am getting things done even with a headache (took 4 aspirin and it is going away slowly) :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    lmf1012 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 Nice job with the green check marks AND the steps!

lmf1012
    Weigh-In: Saturday
    PW: 143.6
    CW: 141 (this was a very pleasant surprise!)
    LTD:

Awesome loss!

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 158.6
    CW 156.8
    Loss w/ MFP since 4/17/20 113.2lbs
    LTD 166.2 lbs

Finally a loss bigger than 0.2 haha

7/2
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 84oz
    Steps 9007
    Exercise 20min elliptical

Did grocery shopping and fireworks shopping. Was gonna dance in place for the rest of my steps at night but I guess the elliptical called my name cuz I hopped on there instead. Wasn't sure if my legs would allow two days in a row but the burning stopped after the first 5 minutes and I was able to do 20 minutes.

We are about the head out for a friend's pool and I'm very excited to go.

Fantastic loss! Have fun at the pool!

PW- 146.4
    CW-144.4
    I'm glad I'm starting to get back on track. I think my original goal might have been to aggressive so for July I just want to get to 140.0lbs or lower not necessarily 7lbs down. My goal being 130.0lbs makes it kind of impractical for me to be so aggressive at this point. A lot of the time now I'm struggling to stay in my deficit.

Nice loss! You are so close to your goal!
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 7/1 12,473
    7/2 12,516

Busy couple of days with more calls and more playdates. Yesterday took my son to the movies since we had been home all week and rainy day. I brought my lunch so I didn’t eat crap. Home others have better weather than we do here for 4th of July weekend. Feel like we got ripped off for long weekends this summer with cold rainy weather. This is usually the most fun weekend in my beach town.

Terrific steps for the past couple of days!! That was a great idea, brining your lunch to avoid the concession stand (I agree, it's all garbage food filled, at least it is here). It's been raining on and off since yesterday and we are scheduled to have a nice little hurricane- thanks Elsa. I hope you guys still find a way to have fun during the rainy weather.

@Beverly2Hansen
    Congratulations on the birthday of your nephew 🤩 and terrific stepping!!

@888Angie888
    Excellent step day!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Absolutely amazing how much you get done with a headache! Thank you for posting the recipe on the thread.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Are you able to calculate steps for two hours of swimming, playing, and teaching my kids to swim in the pool?
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    0tb1lepd4tmn.png

This morning I was brushing my teeth and noticing how bright the sun was. Yayyyy! Had a mug of delicious coffee while reading and responding to your inspirational posts. Went outside to start walking around the block, waiting for hubby to come outside. As I'm waiting, the sun goes in. Still walking. Clouds become dark. Still walking. It starts drizzling. Still walking. The sky opens and I make a mad dash back home (luckily I was only three houses away). I decide to wait in the garage and watch the rain, it looked (that's a bit of foreshadowing) like the rain was leaving, yayyy. Two minutes later, sky lightened and the downpour turned into a light drizzle. Hubby comes out and we begin our walk, deciding to stay close to home. Sky gets brighter, we decide to venture further away. The wind picks up when we are about a mile away from home. Small drips hit our baseball caps. We keep going. We talk about how much nicer it is walking without the blazing sun and the cooling rain. Small drips start coming down faster. We keep going. Now it's raining, we are drenched, we our soaked clothes are plastered to us, we feel the squelch of our socks in our sneakers. It's getting darker. We decide to turn around and head for home. Almost home, and the sky clears. Two minutes later, it's dark again and it rains buckets (we can't see out our windows).

It was one of our best walks. I'm so proud of us, that we stayed with it. Although, we were lucky getting back home when we did. I don't think our baseball caps would have helped us see when the buckets of rain came down.

When we came home, we prepped our sneakers so they would hopefully dry out for our walk tomorrow. It stormed all day today. After dinner, the sky lightened up and I was about to go for a walk. Until I felt my sneakers. Still wet.

What are you guys doing to me??

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    12,000 steps

Steps- 11,000 ✅ Walked a mini-Megan, 4.5 miles, 3.5 of them were in the rain
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 6.5 cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

This morning I was brushing my teeth and noticing how bright the sun was. Yayyyy! Had a mug of delicious coffee while reading and responding to your inspirational posts. Went outside to start walking around the block, waiting for hubby to come outside. As I'm waiting, the sun goes in. Still walking. Clouds become dark. Still walking. It starts drizzling. Still walking. The sky opens and I make a mad dash back home (luckily I was only three houses away). I decide to wait in the garage and watch the rain, it looked (that's a bit of foreshadowing) like the rain was leaving, yayyy. Two minutes later, sky lightened and the downpour turned into a light drizzle. Hubby comes out and we begin our walk, deciding to stay close to home. Sky gets brighter, we decide to venture further away. The wind picks up when we are about a mile away from home. Small drips hit our baseball caps. We keep going. We talk about how much nicer it is walking without the blazing sun and the cooling rain. Small drips start coming down faster. We keep going. Now it's raining, we are drenched, we our soaked clothes are plastered to us, we feel the squelch of our socks in our sneakers. It's getting darker. We decide to turn around and head for home. Almost home, and the sky clears. Two minutes later, it's dark again and it rains buckets (we can't see out our windows).

It was one of our best walks. I'm so proud of us, that we stayed with it. Although, we were lucky getting back home when we did. I don't think our baseball caps would have helped us see when the buckets of rain came down.

When we came home, we prepped our sneakers so they would hopefully dry out for our walk tomorrow. It stormed all day today. After dinner, the sky lightened up and I was about to go for a walk. Until I felt my sneakers. Still wet.

What are you guys doing to me??

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    12,000 steps

Steps- 11,000 ✅ Walked a mini-Megan, 4.5 miles, 3.5 of them were in the rain
    Seltzer- 8 cups 👎 6.5 cups
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

Another incredible day of walking! Great job walking in the rain. I like walking in the rain but not when it’s coming down in sheets. I hope you don’t have to walk in squishy shoes tomorrow. Enjoy your walk in the morning.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    The drive to TN yesterday was no fun at all with traffic and a glitchy GPS. However, we finally made it, had a good dinner, and went to bed. Today was the crime museum (Alcatraz East), and it was so fun! I teach Forensics, so it was really fun seeing everything. I took a million pictures!

I also managed to get all my steps in yesterday and today. Yesterday I cleaned a bunch, and today we did the museum, and I took the dog on a nice long walk. Now just reading and relaxing. We head back home tomorrow.

A getaway is always good!

Current numbers:
    PW: 161.8
    CW: 158.8

Steps:
    7/2: 8,138
    7/3: 6,551
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thank you so much 🤗 It was pleasantly surprising that walking in the rain was so nice. I’m glad we both had on caps to keep the rain off our faces. Thank you, I hope my sneakers are dry by morning. I just ordered a second pair, just in case this happens again 😆

@red1185
    Truly spectacular loss 👏👏 AND look at those high steps!! Im so glad you enjoyed the museum. Hope the ride back will be better 🤞 Those pictures are going to be excellent sources of reference for your class. Enjoy the rest of your stay. Safe travels home.
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    PW- 146.4
    CW-144.4

I remember it being really difficult to get from 145 to 130. I suddenly felt way more hungry and, like you said, the deficit became hard. Just to say, I think it's a good idea to be a little easier with your incremental goals at this point. You're kicking butt!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Are you able to calculate steps for two hours of swimming, playing, and teaching my kids to swim in the pool?

I can add the swimming as steps ...was it leisurely, moderate or vigorous ?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    The drive to TN yesterday was no fun at all with traffic and a glitchy GPS. However, we finally made it, had a good dinner, and went to bed. Today was the crime museum (Alcatraz East), and it was so fun! I teach Forensics, so it was really fun seeing everything. I took a million pictures!

I also managed to get all my steps in yesterday and today. Yesterday I cleaned a bunch, and today we did the museum, and I took the dog on a nice long walk. Now just reading and relaxing. We head back home tomorrow.

Current numbers:

Steps:

Missing your steps from 7/1 ..Thanks
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Quick step count for today

3/7- 10,102

Heading to bed will try and catch up tomorrow :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

I can add the swimming as steps ...was it leisurely, moderate or vigorous ?

Mostly leisurely probably
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 570 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Still with my mom in the hospital. Today was a better day, and she seems to have turned a corner. Hopefully each day will be a little better. She is supposed to be discharged from the hospital Wednesday, so a few more days for me. I was able to go home today for several hours because my brother was able to come sit with her. Now I'm back to sleep here for the night. Thanks to those of you who sent well wishes and prayers!

When I logged on, there were over seventy messages! I read all of them. Y'all are kicking butt and doing great! Suddenly I want an elliptical trainer! And I want to walk even more once I get home:) No way will I be derailed by this. I am confident in that, and it feels good:)

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps:

6/27 12,202
    6/28 4,208
    6/29 9,113
    6/30 8,263
    7/1 9,810
    7/2 12,639
    7/3 9,557
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @iradi8 those are amazing steps considering you're in the hospital all day. i truly hope she gets discharged this time. you both need a rest. you are amazing.

@TheresaM787 great walk/swim today. when i was a kid we had to put our wet sneakers in the dryer on low for a while or they would be wet for a couple days. as an adult i don't care about wet sneakers. lol.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 i hope your headache went away and won't return tomorrow.

@red1185 hope you had a complete blast on your trip. i'm sure you'll be working some of that stuff into your teaching next year.

check in for 7/3:
    steps - 9353. i know i did more but i didn't wear my watch after my walk this morning. i found a rash under the band so it's staying off for a while.
    calories - 1828. just over my personal limit but under the 2069 MFP gives. i was about to have a nice salad for lunch when daughter called and said she was bringing home lunch. a gyros kit. so yummy i ate 2. she said birthday calories don't count. lol. i get my birthday cupcake tomorrow since she will be home.
    exercise - 4.4 mile walk in 1:25 in the morning. a quick trip to the gym, since i didn't know they were going to close in 25 minutes. got in 6 machines, working arms/back/shoulders. 3 sets each.

have a great 4th everyone, even if you were on the losing side of that little incident. stay safe.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »

Current numbers:

Steps:

Awesome loss! Sounds like you had a great getaway. My husband would love a museum like that. Great steps!

Quick step count for today

3/7- 10,102

Heading to bed will try and catch up tomorrow :)

Nice steps Tanya!

iradi8 wrote: »
    Still with my mom in the hospital. Today was a better day, and she seems to have turned a corner. Hopefully each day will be a little better. She is supposed to be discharged from the hospital Wednesday, so a few more days for me. I was able to go home today for several hours because my brother was able to come sit with her. Now I'm back to sleep here for the night. Thanks to those of you who sent well wishes and prayers!

When I logged on, there were over seventy messages! I read all of them. Y'all are kicking butt and doing great! Suddenly I want an elliptical trainer! And I want to walk even more once I get home:) No way will I be derailed by this. I am confident in that, and it feels good:)

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps:

6/27 12,202
    6/28 4,208
    6/29 9,113
    6/30 8,263
    7/1 9,810
    7/2 12,639
    7/3 9,557

That’s great that your Mom felt better! I hope she is able to be discharged on Wednesday. Those are some pretty amazing steps!

@iradi8 those are amazing steps considering you're in the hospital all day. i truly hope she gets discharged this time. you both need a rest. you are amazing.

@TheresaM787 great walk/swim today. when i was a kid we had to put our wet sneakers in the dryer on low for a while or they would be wet for a couple days. as an adult i don't care about wet sneakers. lol.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 i hope your headache went away and won't return tomorrow.

@red1185 hope you had a complete blast on your trip. i'm sure you'll be working some of that stuff into your teaching next year.

check in for 7/3:
    steps - 9353. i know i did more but i didn't wear my watch after my walk this morning. i found a rash under the band so it's staying off for a while.
    calories - 1828. just over my personal limit but under the 2069 MFP gives. i was about to have a nice salad for lunch when daughter called and said she was bringing home lunch. a gyros kit. so yummy i ate 2. she said birthday calories don't count. lol. i get my birthday cupcake tomorrow since she will be home.
    exercise - 4.4 mile walk in 1:25 in the morning. a quick trip to the gym, since i didn't know they were going to close in 25 minutes. got in 6 machines, working arms/back/shoulders. 3 sets each.

have a great 4th everyone, even if you were on the losing side of that little incident. stay safe.

You might have to switch your band type. Amazon has a great selection of bands for the Fitbit. I have a few different bands I switch around every now and then. That’s quite the walk in middle of the night. Well done!
This discussion has been closed.