Share your Numbers

Replies

• eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    omg today is Wednesday. Not Thursday. We leave for vacation Friday. Not tomorrow. I need a nap.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Hanging steady at 205.6 today. No surprise after yesterday's lunch out. I can tell I'm retaining water again by how my rings fit. Thus concludes this month's scale cycle. It'll likely be way up when I get back again - I plan at eating around maintenance on the trip, plus will be flying out and back. Oh well.
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Hi everyone. My first post in this group. I spent some time in the forums over the last few days and I'm even more inspired. I actually haven't believed I'd ever be under 200# and now, after seeing many of your stories, I can do this. Looking forward to sharing the journey with all of you. Logging accurately daily and adding more movement including swim lessons starting on Saturday. (I know how to swim, I just want to be able to do laps in the right form.) I haven't been in a swimsuit for years.

Height: 5'6"
    Starting Weight (6/1/21): 261
    Current Weight (7/8/21): 247
    Goal Weight: 175
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,588 Member
    Welcome @coblujay.

You can do this. And you are in the right place for support. It is a complicated journey that will last the rest of our lives. But I think it will be worth it! I am a relative newby here. I joined in the fall and that says something because the folks in the group are here for the long run so a year isn't a long time! - but the support I find here on those days when I lose the vision is what has kept me going. And the humour. And the sense that the people here care about you - and they get that you really really want to lose weight. And unlike what I have often found in real life, there are no little jealous demons poking you suggesting you have lost enough, or are obsessed, or walking too much. Instead just lots of support and knowledge and brilliant ideas that pop up at just the right time!

When you feel inclined - come join our daily check-in thread. Take a look and you will get the gist of it. If it is unclear - feel free to ask any questions!
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Thank you, Laurie. I will join the daily check-in thread. It helps that my sister and a few friends are joining me on this journey and we meet weekly on a Zoom call. As people drop off, which I'm guessing a few will, this group will always be here to provide that focus and support. Right now, I'm thinking it would be nice to have someone tell me I've lost too much, but I understand I need to get where I can be the most healthy. I have lots of travel plans in the future and can't wait to experience them with energy and cute colorful clothes. :)
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 477 Member
    Good progress this week. Some of it may be dehydration tho, due to a nasty cold I got (damn ACs!!). But I'll take it!

Height: 166cm - 5'5''
    SW: 177.8 kg - 392 lb - 64,5 ΒΜΙ (May 2020)
    GW: 69 kg - 153 lb - 24,9 ΒΜΙ

LW: 107.2 kg - 236.3 lb - 38,9 ΒΜΙ
    CW: 105.8 kg - 233.2 lb - 38,4 ΒΜΙ
    Variance: -1.4 kg / -3.1 lb / -1.31% TBW

OL: 72.0 kg - 158.1 lb - 26.1 BMI

Weight class projections:
    Obese class II: Reached - 21.05.2021 - 400 days.
    Obese class I: 9.5 kg - 21.0 lb - 59 days.
    Overweight: 23.3 kg - 51.4 lb - 145 days.
    Normal: 37.1 kg - 81.7 lb - 231 days.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,538 Member
    That's a drop Dante!

Did you double check your AC cold with a self/rapid test? Are co-workers staring at you and shying away, or are you out of town on vacation?
  • Dante_80
    Dante_80 Posts: 477 Member
    edited July 2021
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    That's a drop Dante!

Did you double check your AC cold with a self/rapid test? Are co-workers staring at you and shying away, or are you out of town on vacation?

I work in healthcare so tested a couple of times after the symptoms started on Monday.

It was the damn AC. Pressed the wrong button when going to bed and instead of the AC working in sleep mode and shutting off after a couple of hours..I woke six hours later as an extremely chill yet unappetizing Popsicle..XD

It's been pretty fun terrifying my co-workers tho for the last three days (intentionally going close to them to wipe my nose or cough under the mask). :P

By the time of my vacation (19th) I'll be fine. Probably.

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    gewel321 wrote: »
    Highest weight: 400
    Starting weight this journey:250
    CW: 207
    GW: 174

Wow!…I did not realize how much weight you had lost!…you have done an incredible job!…enjoy your water park day!
  • lauriekallis
    Okay beautiful @gewel321 - we (I) need you and your determination and more of those tricks you have up your sleeve round here as we battle to lose these last pounds! Let's go!!!!! (that was for you too, Connie and anyone else on the last leg of the losing part of this journey!)
  • conniewilkins56
    Amen!….I really want to lose 41 lbs before I have both feet in the grave!…
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member

41 lbs is nothing when you look how far you’ve come! You’ve got this.
  • conniewilkins56
    gewel321 wrote: »

41 lbs is nothing when you look how far you’ve come! You’ve got this.

So do you!….just wow!
  • lauriekallis
    edited July 2021
    A different number has my attention tonight. All day I've been so physically tired. Thought I was just so spoiled from my lazy day that I forgot I need to move around a bit. Did manage to get lots of steps in and do the stuff that I had to do, but man was it hard today.

Then tonight when I opened my fitbit to check my calories and steps I noticed that my resting heart rate was pretty low today. Every since I quit smoking it has been pretty low - about 48 or 49 most days, sometimes 50 - but today it was 46!

Wonder if I was tired because my heart rate was low or my heart rate was low because I it had the same case of the lazies as the rest of me!
  • conniewilkins56
    How is your blood pressure?
  • lauriekallis
    edited July 2021
    How is your blood pressure?

No idea! Those little machines in the drug stores have been closed down since the pandemic hit. And no reason to go to a doctor. It was good - 110/70 ish - in 2019! lol

But today is day 3 of annoying scale despite very good eating and mostly good moving. If that is in anyway related to low resting heart rate you know I'll be at the doctors in a blink! :p
  • rhaiin
    rhaiin Posts: 35 Member
    July 9 - 252.4 lb
    July 16 -TBD
    July 23 - TBD
    July 30 - TBD

Height: 5'4"
    Starting Weight (6/4/21): 254.4
    Goal Weight: 175
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Your woosh is coming! Super frustrating on the shirt term though!! Keep with it