Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Finally feeling better today! I'll get back to working out tomorrow.

The IRS is nuts. Back in January I requested a pin thing for ID theft. It's supposed to take up to 14 days (per the form and website). I keep getting letters that they need 60 more days to investigate. BUT if I owe I can still make payments. 🙄 I don't owe. I filed back in February cuz I didn't want to pay more to file when the TurboTax rate went up in March.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,981 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @CMorning99 Glad you took Sat for yourself and had such a productive day on Sunday. It made me exhausted just to read. Good luck with the plans for the week.

Yes @RunsOnEspresso ! The IRS is nuts. The worst part is not being able to talk to anyone. That shouldn't be the case.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

It got quiet in here! Nothing exciting going on here today. Been trying to get my work done, actually got scolded by my boss for cancelling his "formal" meeting yesterday and doing a huddle when he wasn't here. Ugh, micromanagers. I am glad I am at a point in my life where I recognize these behaviors and don't take them personally. He is a micromanager thru and thru...but at the same time, he is overwhelmed.

I was exhausted yesterday but somehow rallied to get some household chores done I skipped this weekend. Grey cat is not feeling well, he went from inhaling his food to licking at it and he has been vomiting. I have two thoughts, either he has an infected tooth b/c we cant clean his teeth, or all his meds are wrecking havoc on his stomach. This AM he puked up the little breakfast he ate as soon as he ate it, and then he drank water and that came up too. I called the vet and we got lucky and have a 5:30pm appt today. I will just need to limp up there (b/c my car is not fixed yet) and get him taken care of. I also bought him some pepcid ac and went home at lunch to give him a dose.

I took fitness time this AM but I actually slept hard last night and slept right through it LOL. Oh well. I feel better today and rested. I have been working on processes at work, and I have a young airman who is fighting the change...sigh. He told me he he didn't know an answer to something because the program was beyond his recognition. (insert eyeroll).

Scale went up from the weekend which I find odd. I am really trying to drink my water today, and failing. No interest on the newer horse trailer I put on FB. I don't know if it is b/c of the price or the platform.

Forward momentum.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    Yeah for forward momentum @CMorning99 ! I hope Grey Cat starts to feeling better. Sometimes sleeping is better for our body than running is. Sounds like you needed the rest. Don't fret too much about the scale being up. If you didn't eat a bunch, you know it's gotta be water gain that should come off quickly.

I actually got up early this morning, 6:50, so I could get out and get my run in before work. Could only do that because I didn't have to leave home until 10:00. I'm going to try again in the morning. I don't have to leave until 11:00, so should be easy to do.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I had a lovely run today. The weather was perfect - cold, clear and still - and the run was easy and comfortable. My pace was good, near the top of my aerobic zone, and heart rate pretty much stayed in the right zone, however Garmin tells me the run was unproductive 😂 Just goes to show how little a silly watch knows.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Hi All! We got back last night from our little vacation trip and spent this morning doing Hilde work - dh is taking on the financial side and I am handling the arrangements and contacts and finding a lawyer.

@ddmom0811 - hope you are having a nice visit with your mom!
    @RunsOnEspresso - glad you are feeling better
    @quilteryoyo - I hope your Rep can get some action out of the IRS. Yikes they are miserable to deal with. I also hate not being able to talk to anyone.
    @CMorning99 - That was a lot of work you did over the weekend. I am sure you were exhausted and getting an extra bit of sleep was probably better for recovery than working out. Hope your kitties are all ok.
    Hi @ContraryMaryMary!
    @swenson19d - are you doing ok?

The vacation was great other than that it was SO hot. literally over 103F every day. I took Hobbes out twice for early runs and it was nice but the 2nd one just got too hot for him. We also took him wine tasting with us to a winery that is very dog friendly and they spoiled him rotten (dog bed, toys, treat board (like a charcuterie board but with doggy treats). We had been there before and like their wine. The owner/winemaker was there and we spent most of the afternoon there chatting with her. We also stopped on our way up and back to see our friends and Hobbes got to play with his friend Molly. They had so much fun running and chasing each other around the yard and into exhaustion.
    We ended up not going out to dinner for our anniversary, instead we got takeout from a little 3rd generation family Italian restaurant in a nearby town that apparently has a famous chef/co-owner (Domenica Catelli?). The food was fabulous and we had enough left over for two more meals.
    I generally just ate what I wanted but I don't think I went too out of bounds and kept my portions small, although I didn't even try to log anything. We took snacks with us and I got Greek yogurt, granola and fruit at a grocery for breakfast. I am back to eating and logging today. Planned to run but just couldn't get out the door and then it was hot... there will be a run tomorrow.
    Lots of pictures under the spoiler
    Hobbes with a 'Molly Hangover'. He was exhausted after all the running and didn't want to move.
    3d4ensjtb58u.jpeg
    The Russian River - so low! Way up behind where the umbrellas are in the 1st picture and the green bushes in the 2nd should all be under water.
    ulhg2hn9gz54.png
    wopzmj4hagxa.png
    Hobbes and his treat board. It started out with 4 different treats
    ns2ymuvb5c9x.png
    My new running hat. I love it! Took Hobbes by the little local running store on our 1st day running because I knew they would have water out for the pups. I saw the hat and had them hold it for me. 😊
    5v2bkj63bhyx.jpeg
    On the trail we just ran
    xirxise7x2ld.png
    Playing with Molly again on our way home.
    wccupibst12h.png
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,660 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Ha, I’ve been caught out! I posted in the wrong thread. I’ve been lurking here as my weight has crept up by a couple of kilos and I need to do something about it. I know what it is - the weight has arrived following the gift of a sourdough starter. I’m not usually one for bread, but a fresh crusty loaf is irresistible, especially with lashings of peanut butter. And that’s the other thing, I’ve never been a big peanut butter eater either, until my sister introduced me to Nut Brothers peanut butter at Christmas - it’s a small NZ brand and the taste is unreal - it only contains peanuts but somehow it’s sweeter than other peanut butters. I’m totally addicted.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Silly watch @ContraryMaryMary ! Glad you had a nice run. Hahahaha - wrong thread. I'm a carb addict, but lucky that bread is not one of the carbs I like to eat. I do like sourdough bread, but will only eat one small piece at a time for breakfast. That peanut butter sounds awesome. I could live on peanut butter, but try to limit my intake to times when I feel I need something to eat in a hurry. I'll eat either a spoonful or on a piece of toast.

@shanaber Glad you all had a great weekend. Had to laugh at Hobbes and his Molly hangover.
    The river is really low. I didn't realize it was so dry out that way. Love the hat too. Molly is beautiful.

• CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning folks!

@shanaber That sounded like an amazing trip! And so great Hobbes got to enjoy it with you!

@ContraryMaryMary Hi there! I cant resist bread or carbs either...and I can't outrun them so in the same boat!

I am in awe of how my days fill up LOL I have led a very sheltered life! Took grey cat to the vet, I love this vet, but darn if they are aggressive on their diagnosing...good but $$$$. They can do a lot of their own inhouse stuff so I ended up dropping him off and waiting for him, he was finally released at 8:30pm with what seems to be a $500 bellyache. They did a lot of blood work which was probably good, he hadn't had a good panel done since Apr 2020 and a quick look ultrasound. Other than being a bit anemic, he seems to be a tough old cat. We didn't get home till nearly 9:30pm, way past our bedtime.

This morning we were both still tired! Grey cat was happy to just lay in bed with me till the last possible minute. He wandered into the kitchen and was interested in breakfast, but didn't eat a lot...but he kept down what he ate.

I need to leave here in 30 min to take my car to hopefully a quick fix from that stupid mouse. Where does all my money go LOL!?! I need to prep for meetings tomorrow.

The well lady rescheduled for this afternoon and I am glad. It needs to get done but I am whooped.

Scale was up again this AM, I am sure due to dehydration (anyone else's weight go up when they don't drink water?...I read it is b/c the body is hoarding what it has). I also grabbed Thai while waiting for grey cat. Maybe I will go for walk this afternoon!

Forward Momentum!

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    One foot in front of the other is all we can do sometimes @CMorning99 ! Glad Grey cat is doing some better and that you at least know it isn't anything serious. Not knowing causes stress, at least it does for me. Hope the car repair is simple and quick.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    I got out and did my run this morning before coming into work. The kids are sleeping now, so it's okay to be on my computer. :lol: I got here in time for lunch. They had one of my favorites, chicken alfredo, so ate some of the leftovers instead of the walnuts and protein bar I had intended to eat. Calories will probably be okay, but I'll bet it was loaded with sodium.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    I have been stress eating a little bit more the last couple of days. It's kind of a silly reason, but wanted to tell you all. My brother took my mom out for lunch on Sunday, supposedly for Mother's Day since he didn't take her then. When she got back, she called me and asked me to come down there because she had something that she wanted to tell me and it was too much to discuss over the phone.

When I went down there, she told me that the restaurant they had planned to go to was really crowded, so they went to Zaxby's and got take out. He said they could eat it down by the lake. He pulled into someone's driveway and mom asked whose house it was. It was his. They bought a house by the lake back in February and didn't let mom or me know. They have slowly been moving their stuff, with the help of neighbors, since then. He intends to be completely moved in in around 6 weeks. And, he is planning to sale the place where he is now, part of the family farm. I was at a loss for words and really sad on very many levels. I can't believe he wouldn't at least tell mom so she could process that he is moving way before now. She doesn't mind, but it saddens me that part of the farm is being sold. It's just hard.

Even though he hasn't really been doing a lot for mom since dad died, it was comforting to know that he was only a quarter mile away if we needed him. He's going to be about 40 minutes away now, which isn't huge, but is a big difference. It just feels like all of the responsibility is going to now be on me...which really isn't a lot of difference, like I said, but it feels like it's a big difference. I'm just glad that I'm here and able to take care of everything for her.

Just added stress. Thanks for listening.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Morning all.

@swenson19d hope you are OK. Haven't seen you in a few days and are getting worried!

@quilteryoyo that's sad that he chose to do it that way, your mum must have felt blindsided! I guess he was going for the easier to ask forgiveness that permission approach. Hugs.

@CMorning99 forward momentum is good!

@ContraryMaryMary I'm going to see if I can find that one. I am currently addicted to Pics, but have to be careful cause DD has a peanut allergy.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Im OK. Had a good weekend away. Gave me time to do a lot of thinking. To distract myself I took to mentally planning to renovate the house - a total renovation lol. Was fun looking at kitchen and bathroom stuff and making plans. It's now my mental distraction when I can't sleep.

Getting home was weird. I feel totally disconnected from DH. Yesterday though we had a big emotional talk. I was completely honest with him which was hard for both of us. I was right that he thinks this is all from only the last month, where for me it's been building for years. He said he wants to make a change and is already putting his words into action. He has his first counselling session today, and our joint session is in a week.

For the first time in a few weeks I feel more positive. I've put my foot back in the door and am open to trying. I still have some trust concerns though. So will see.

Eating has been appalling. Ate everything including icecream over the weekend. And am still sick. Have the worst cough and my voice still changes from husky lounge singer to pubescent boys breaking. Fun.

Went for a run yesterday though, that was good.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo Thanks. I would like to think that he just didn't want to tell her so close to dad's death, but not sure how he thought this would be better. I just don't understand his thinking. I do my best to give him the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes it's really hard.
    I'm glad that things are looking up a bit with your husband. Sorry you are still sick though. Hope you can kick that soon.

I'm beginning to worry about @swenson19d too.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @Avidkeo Thanks. I would like to think that he just didn't want to tell her so close to dad's death, but not sure how he thought this would be better. I just don't understand his thinking. I do my best to give him the benefit of the doubt, but sometimes it's really hard.
    I'm glad that things are looking up a bit with your husband. Sorry you are still sick though. Hope you can kick that soon.

I'm beginning to worry about @swenson19d too.

I sent her an email letting her know we were thinking about her.
  • shanaber
    Options
    @contrarymarymary - I got into making sourdough bread a while ago too. I have been regularly making 2 loaves with one going to Hilde. Not sure what I am going to do now - I guess try and half the recipe... I am also working on my starter to get a bit more 'sour' to it. My last couple of loaves turned out nearly perfect though.
    I also love peanut butter and almond butter. I started making my own PB a long while ago when I got the VitaMix and it is so good - so much better than any of the store bought brands here and it is just peanuts with nothing else added in. I made almond butter for the 1st time recently and used a mix of 2/3 almonds 1/3 cashews and I could just eat it directly from the container.

@quilteryoyo - I am so sad about what your brother did. I am sure he didn't tell you or your mom ahead of time because he was afraid he would get pushback or judgement. I would think though that it should be a family decision since it is part of the family farm and directly affects all of you. Honestly it does sound like something my older brother would do too.
    We are so dry all over CA and OR, NV and AZ too. Our reservoirs are at historic low levels. I am expecting that we will be at water rationing soon. They are already asking us to conserve at least 15% of our water usage.

@avidkeo - that is awesome that your dh is actually going for the counseling session on his own. That tells me he is at least making an effort to make it work!

It is hot and humid here and it was an effort to go out for a run. Food hasn't been too bad. Dh doesn't want the oven on so we had take out again, from our favorite Mediterranean restaurant.

Can't get in to see the lawyer until August so I am going to try moving forward on what I can. Hilde had a cat (Mitzi) that she has care arranged for at least once we get the estate settled. I feel bad for her in the house by herself even though we go over to visit. I would like to get her settled in her new environment as soon as we can. I think she will be happier there with others around her.
  • shanaber
    Options
    I checked on FB and @swenson19d has posted there.Maybe she just isn't feeling to sociable right now?
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    hi guys. just popping in to say hello.

@shanaber so sorry to hear about Hilde.
    @quilteryoyo glad to see you doing well, despite your brother... hang in there.
    @Avidkeo hugs!
    @CMorning99 sounds like things are slowly but surely coming together? you've got so much done already.

not much happening with me over here. the weather is pretty much unrunnable for me (i'm sure other peeps could run in it just fine) stood at the side of the road for 5 minutes talking to somebody this morning and felt like i was cooking right through. but i do need to get back to running, the lifting and cycling doesn't keep my head in the right place quite enough. maybe when this humid wave is past.
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning folks!

Another day and another dollar! Feeling mentally strong today, but not particularly motivated.

Nothing too exciting going on. I worked on my reselling business, hope to make enough to support my cats LOL. Last night I was tired and somehow decided it was a good idea to make a latte and eat the donut I bought on Sunday and forgot about for dinner. Grey cat was moping around. He did eat all his breakfast and sampled dinner. But other than that, he slept under the bed. Not is all well with him. DH and I tried to trouble shoot my internet, I am supposed to have 1gig speed but barely crack 38-50mbps. Looks I need to call the tech. They are a small company and really suck...but other than satellite, there is nothing out here.

This AM we had our meet-n-greet with the new Commander. Grey cat ate 90% of his dinner but this morning just hid under the bed...still not right. Not sure what to do, I am now wondering if his heart disease is progressing. He had a cardiac ultrasound not too long ago, I think, and we seemed ok. So hard when they cant tell you what is wrong.

Scale still holding strong...annoying. But lets me honest...you can't skip breakfast and then eat a 1200 cal burrito at lunch. I think when folks do IF, they just talk about the eating window, but not really what you eat during your window...you still have to be healthy. My apple watch says I burn 2000 cals a day...I suspect I am eating that as well. Back to tracking? Grrrr. Or just not eat 1200 cal burritos....but darn they are good LOL

Need to call and get the dumpster hauled off and my car is still not fixed. Guess I have things to do.