Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    Salad: field greens 62g, tomatoes 202g, low cal italian 33g (11cal) <-- Bella Colorfullina!
    Strip loin (on special due to long weekend), 250g after the trimming! <-- dad, who else.
    Frozen green beans, nuked, 288g before nuking. <-- CONNIE!
    Boiled baby potatoes with skin 300g <--- CONNIE!
    Keens hot mustard 20g <--- Laurie (cause HOT!!!)

(a tiny piece of steak and some beans saved for midnight snacking...)
    (sorry Alexandra: while inspired by your kitchen management skills, you're playing in the majors while me and my hamsters are trying out for the farm team's farm!)
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,547 Member
    I've been lost the past few days. Feeling kinda down, with no desire/inspiration/gumption to prepare any food and the freezer is out of all my go-to dishes.

Not a safe place to be, and though my calories haven't been outrageous, I've been eating so much crappy refined grains that the scale just keeps going up. The first "morning after" I had lots of extra energy. But that has flipped over to feeling like a puffy fish on the beach :#

Today I will try to push through on the "What's for supper" front. (I don't believe that right now, but I'll adopt the "fake it til you make it" approach. B) )

I already have all the ingredients I need to make a healthy "on plan" supper for today and to start stockpiling the freezer again. My tomato plants are heavy with fruit.

Wish I felt a trickle of enthusiasm. Maybe if I fake it the enthusiasm will come afterwards?
  • PAV8888
    You can fake it till you make it yes you can!❣️👍

What are we cooking?

A long time vegetarian friend on MFP lines a large flat non stick sheet often used to bake dangerous substances with parchment paper and then prepares baked veggies to snack on
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    It's hot here, so I'm doing things that don't require too much oven/stove time. Breakfast was a fried egg and slice of cheese on a multi grain English muffin, lunch was a two-egg mushroom and cheese omelette, dinner will be microwaved pulled pork on a hamburger bun.
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Breakfast here was some non-fat greek yogurt with honey and blueberries. Lunch was finishing up the rest of the jambalaya. Dinner is something to do with roasted brussel sprouts, but I'm not sure what yet.
  • lauriekallis
    Hope you feel like a bright sunny day soon, Connie. Having someone pick up the loose ends when you are under the weather is a good start to feeling better!

I faked it - put on a CD (one of my I don't feel like cooking tricks) - couldn't choose - asked a friend on the other side of the country to pick a number for me ... lol ... ended up blasting Marianne Faithfull through the cooking of breakfast/lunch (eggs with veggies and black beans and feta :) ) and prepped two separate freezer specials my favourite spicey cabbage and red beans, and a veggie stew with cannelloni beans. Will eat some of one - or maybe a bit of both?! - for dinner and freeze the rest. Thank you Marianne. A few of those songs get me riled up - I wasn't going to let know apathy ruin my plans for a lighter August!
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Breakfast/lunch Greek yogurt and lean cuisine cannelloni! Lunch/snack: cherries 🍒 (half a clamshell😲; not sure why my tummy is rumbling 💩🥺) dinner: shin light soup with left over green beans and thin sliced left over yesterday steak! Bonus: the left overs were logged in yesterday 😇🤣

💩💩💩 Dad's desktop built by me in 2011 started crashing badly out of the blue this morning. Cleaning dust bunnies hasn't fixed. If the tiny chance it's the power supply falls through... End of the line--- unless someóne can find me a new/reliable micro ATX sandy bridge motherboard🤢🤢🤢😭😭😭😰😰😰 I mean the cpu/ram/SSD were holding up fine 💩
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    Breakfast was 2 packets of great value apple cinnamon instant oatmeal , 6 oz grape gatorade zero with collagen powder added to it...
    Lunch was 12 count grilled nuggets from chic fil a no dipping sauce and an ultra zero monster (I know it's my new vice ...but only 10 calories lol)
    Dinner was 4 oz country style ribs boiled in homemade BBQ sauce, 1/2 cup of original bush's baked beans

Dessert is 1 cup dry crunch berries cereal and 1 packet Welch's strawberry fruit and yogurt snacks.

6 cups of water today
  • lauriekallis
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    ... End of the line--- unless someóne can find me a new/reliable micro ATX sandy bridge motherboard🤢🤢🤢😭😭😭😰😰😰 I mean the cpu/ram/SSD were holding up fine 💩

But the day must come for all of us, flesh & blood or chips & solder (??? I need your help here :) ) doesn't matter, 2011!!! That is near my desktop, been tweaked a bit here and there, but I'm not ready to face its end now that I think about it - so I take all that stuff back.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    So yesterday was a good day food wise. Lots of good choices up until dessert, but even that was planned for.

Breakfast was icelandic vanilla yogurt with homemade granola, blueberries, and blackberries.

Lunch was a big bowl of goodness! Baby spinach and baby kale, roasted sweet potato, roasted cauliflower, roasted chicken, quinoa and brown rice, avocado, and topped with some sesame ginger dressing (a local company makes one with coconut aminos instead of soy!!!).

Dinner was leftovers of the amazing roasted chicken (seriously, my best attempt yet), cornbread dressing, and sweet and sour green beans.

Finally dessert was some blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream.

Today will be the same except for dessert. Finished the pie yesterday so will most likely just have some fruit (sugar kiss melon and watermelon).
  • amart4224
    Perusing the sugar free section in the grocery store for anything new and spotted this. Chilling in the fridge now, we'll see if it's any good.
    uffv8a7aa4hd.jpg
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Breakfast, coffee….lunch a turkey or chicken wrap on flatbread…..dinner to be determined….I rescued two steaks my daughter was tossing ( SMH big eye roll ) sliced them up and put them in the slow cooker…not sure what to make but I wasn’t letting them go to waste!…some days John and I get “ free food “ by using her leftovers!
  • eliezalot
    amart4224 wrote: »
    Perusing the sugar free section in the grocery store for anything new and spotted this. Chilling in the fridge now, we'll see if it's any good.
    uffv8a7aa4hd.jpg

I absolutely 100% require a report back on this.
  • eliezalot
    Husband and I went for a nice walk this morning and stopped for coffee. Our local shop doesn't offer skim milk, so instead I usually get either oat or soy milk in my latte. They also have an incredible selection of fresh baked pastries, which I carefully ignored. Except for a bite of husband's fresh and warm black forest ham and cheese croissant. Instead I had a fruit bowl (mango, strawberry, blueberry, banana) with yogurt. In retrospect it was probably full fat yogurt. Oops.

Lunch was leftover tofu/brussel sprout stir fry. A package of tuna for a snack. Also two perfectly ripe plums. I'm still so hungry.

Supper is going to be avocado soup, which I'm quite looking forward to.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,585 Member
    edited August 2021
    eliezalot wrote: »
    I had a fruit bowl (mango, strawberry, blueberry, banana) with yogurt. In retrospect it was probably full fat yogurt. Oops.

Lunch was leftover tofu/brussel sprout stir fry. A package of tuna for a snack. Also two perfectly ripe plums. I'm still so hungry.

Supper is going to be avocado soup, which I'm quite looking forward to.

Intriguing food choices today @eliezalot ! Your fruit bowl sounds delicious, your tofu & brussels sprout stir-fry sounds....interesting! And avocado soup is a new one to me! Have you made it before?

My day was as follows:

Breakfast - My usual (20g Pip and Nut peanut butter on a 60g slice of multi-grain toast plus two cups of tea with the merest dash of whole milk)

Lunch -
    • 20g Bresaola, rocket and 15g shaved parmesan drizzled with half a tsp of extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and fresh lemon juice
    • 60g of ciabatta rubbed with garlic then grilled and topped with 40g mozzarella and cherry tomatoes drizzled with another half tsp of olive oil and chilli flavoured sea salt
    • half a piece of Bakewell slice from the local bakery
    • An espresso with half a spoonful of sugar

Dinner - A wholemeal pitta, 3 homemade falafel balls, 40g homemade houmous, 30g grilled halloumi and a salad (shredded red cabbage, grated carrot, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, onion, yellow pepper and rocket) topped with sea salt, fresh lemon juice and a drizzle of sriracha. Eat that rainbow!

2bma4998zv7u.png

1575 calories of yumminess!

• amart4224
    eliezalot wrote: »
    amart4224 wrote: »
    uffv8a7aa4hd.jpg

I absolutely 100% require a report back on this.

It's decent. I think the initial taste is just like regular sugar free strawberry jello, then the aftertaste gives the kick of Starburst flavor.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Breakfast, coffee….lunch a turkey or chicken wrap on flatbread…..dinner to be determined….I rescued two steaks my daughter was tossing ( SMH big eye roll ) sliced them up and put them in the slow cooker…not sure what to make but I wasn’t letting them go to waste!…some days John and I get “ free food “ by using her leftovers!

The decision was mad….mixed the slow cooked diced steaks with beef gravy, petite peas and Amish tri colored noodles….put is the oven in cute little metal crocks….all for 420 delicious calories….tossed salad on the side and coffee and thin biscotti for dessert….snack tonight is fresh fruit!