Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    amart4224 wrote: »
    You don’t eat eggs with any kind of meat!…actually eggs should only be eaten if that is all you have to eat and then they must be scrambled with ketchup on them or deviled if I make them!…( I make really good deviled eggs!)

I'm a big deviled egg fan! What's your recipe?

I use light Mayo,grey poupon mustard,salt pepper and a little sweet pickle relish!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited August 2021
    Greek yogurt based Devil eggs with mustard and sweet relish coming up for Connie❣️😘😇

Ok, maybe I'll turn them into an egg salad, I don't want to hurt Connie's sensitivities😹🤣😜
  • PAV8888
    OK Connie, you made me do it. The "ratios" may need some tweaks. And boy are the sweet mustard pickles a bit expensive calorie wise. I think that maybe sweet mustard relish would have been cheaper AND no need to slice!

302g eggs after the boiling and the cleaning (it was "just" 5; but they're ex large from a local farm)
    130g sweet mustard pickles hand sliced
    35g dijon mustard
    303g oikos zero

500-600 Cal depending on the relish and mustard used.
    Tiny amount of smoked paprika for decoration.

Eaten, so far, with fork :wink:
    and/or on top of wasa light rye crackers.

!Lots! still available to put over a salad too. I think I'm only 1/3 into the bowl :lol:

That's what you had in mind, Connie! Am I right? :wink:
  • conniewilkins56
    If this makes you happy, then I’m happy!….I would not eat it though….ewwwwww
  • PAV8888
    Pffft... tasted good! So for dinner I made a salad with 51g outer lettuce leaves (shaved them from the top of the bag :blush: ), and chopped 75g of onion greens (same process while still bundled!), and added 252g tomatoes... and then mixed them with my egg dressing (see: it evolved!!!!) and used "some" ace cheddar baguette croutons (30g or 180Cal which is not *just* some... and it turned out to be a pretty good dinner! Saturated fat and cholesterol wise... not so good!
  • conniewilkins56
    I had refried black bean enchiladas again but I used mozzerella cheese instead of cheddar and cut 80 calories off of them….they are so good and huge!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    This is the most fun place on the planet. Who said weight loss was no fun????
  • conniewilkins56
    This is the most fun place on the planet. Who said weight loss was no fun????
    I love this place!
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    That too shall pass Connie 😘

But I'll still hang out with ya 😜

Night night you'ze.... got ya go help WhatsApp Greek girl on her way to work 🤣
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Anyone here have experience cooking flounder? I usually eat salmon once or twice a week, but local stores have been out of it lately, so I picked up some flounder instead. I've never cooked it (or even eaten it, as far as I remember) but I see at least one recipe on Google that cooks it in butter and lemon juice, same way I would cook salmon so...???
  • PAV8888
    I'm floundering on that but I would expect it to be milder tasting
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,545 Member
    Hmmm

.....chosen by a five year old: chickenless fingers & perogies

.....chosen by an "old lady" !!!!! (brat - especially since he said it sincerely with no teasing intended!)....a side of veggies - broccoli, carrots and some fresh picked tomatoes :) and a spoonful of sour cream. Maybe some chives too - think there are lots of them outside the back door. :)
  • conniewilkins56
    I guess we are having toeless legs in the air fryer then lol….corn on the cob, green beans and salad……against my better judgement I bought fresh baked peanut butter and oatmeal raison cookies for the family….if I am lucky I might get one for myself!….I also got some mixed nuts that were being roasted…..they looked so good I couldn’t resist so I did hide them lol
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    OK: put the cookies out in the living room and go for a swim :wink: No advice on the nuts!

See Laurie.. the side effects of dealing with brats! :smiley:

You confused me with the sour cream... but if you're happy; I'm happy!

So far my day is very meah. I popped a pad thai into the microwave. Not terrible. But not a great way to spend 440 Cal. Somewhere in the middle, I would say. boiled some (cute fingerling) potatoes just to have some ready to go.
  • I'm so hoooottttt. (moan) Hate being hot and sweaty.

Dinner tonight is fajitas, which sounds about as good as anything when I'm hot and don't wanna do anything.
  • conniewilkins56
    I'm so hoooottttt. (moan) Hate being hot and sweaty.

Dinner tonight is fajitas, which sounds about as good as anything when I'm hot and don't wanna do anything.

I don’t love the heat either but I guess after 48 years here I should be used to it….couldn’t live without the air conditioning though….it was so cold inside the grocery store this morning, I was freezing….went to the produce market and I was sweating like crazy….oh well only summer here about four more months lol
  • conniewilkins56
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    OK: put the cookies out in the living room and go for a swim :wink: No advice on the nuts!

See Laurie.. the side effects of dealing with brats! :smiley:

You confused me with the sour cream... but if you're happy; I'm happy!

So far my day is very meah. I popped a pad thai into the microwave. Not terrible. But not a great way to spend 440 Cal. Somewhere in the middle, I would say. boiled some (cute fingerling) potatoes just to have some ready to go.

I am keeping a cookie for myself but I went and swam for an hour….I figured the oatmeal one is healthy, right?
  • PAV8888
    health =/= good for you :lol: Well... they MIGHT be GOOD. Vs "good for you"--depending! :wink:

jar of tomato sauce... not Prego to avoid accidents... and yellow pepper and white onions for color... and beet "nests" for "spaghetti".... (shhhh..... I might use some farmer's sausage or chicken breast to keep dad happy--I'm just discussing the vegetarian option first!)

(was going to get classico but it was twice the price of catelli, so, meah: they lose!)
  • conniewilkins56
    I opted to have a thin slice of pizza that was lonely in the fridge instead of eating the cookie!…saving it for tomorrow!