Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    So Sunday was, in the end, easily a +1000 day. Dinner being closer to 3k than 2k especially after considering bread and butter and a couple of drinks. For some reason the waitress was confused that I declined the Billy miner pie!

Today resting heart rate is up by 3, a bit more than 4.5% up from yesterday. Usually it moves by 1, at most 2 up or down at a time.

And weight up by 0.9% of bodyweight 🤷‍♂️

That food looks delicious!…especially the bread….and you needed some ketchup!….oh, and cook the meat!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    Glad you are past those two days, Connie. How to get past that kind of eating - I just don't know.

One thing I think I need to do is to reduce how often I weigh myself. Back when it was a pretty good downward direction almost every day, it worked for me to weigh myself daily. But it is way too bumpy these days and though I dont think that triggers binges - I'm starting to think it is related. It might not be the trigger, but if the day starts with an unexpected bump up in weight I seem less able to muster the willpower to fight my way through the binge urge. I've been fighting up and down with the same 12 pounds since January. I still haven't found my way back to my low of March. I know you have been in a similar tailspin. I'm not ready to give up - but am getting frustrated.

On a different - tastier - somewhat humorous note:

I had a very similar dinner tonight. Some frozen black bean and kale pasta sauce (lol...but it had lots of yellow zuchinni in it as well as peppers/tomatoes/onions) on those frozen French cut green beans that I like to use for pasta and a couple of zuchinni nests. Topped with 4 little meatless meatballs, some mozzarella and parmesan cheese, a few shakes of chili peppers and I was one happy camper. And a pretty full one right about now :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I don’t know how to quit playing with my five pounds either….I was perfect for two weeks and then BAM!….I binged horrible because I hadn’t gotten back to my lowest weight that was June 19…. So back at it again….I don’t want to let it get out of control….I think the worst and best thing for me is that my clothes fit good, I feel good, my movement is good and I look pretty damn good!….I go back to docs mid Dec. and I would like to be less than I was in June lol
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,658 Member
    Options
    Connie, you inspired the three egg, sweet gherkin, dill pickle, honey mustard, mustard powder, crapload of fresh onions "salad" that I served over my salad :)

Actually I liking your "lasagna". Not sure that dad would fall for it. But I am liking it for myself.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Connie, you inspired the three egg, sweet gherkin, dill pickle, honey mustard, mustard powder, crapload of fresh onions "salad" that I served over my salad :)

Actually I liking your "lasagna". Not sure that dad would fall for it. But I am liking it for myself.

It’s good with eggplant instead of Zuchinni, too….

That topping for your salad is just wrong in so many ways!

I came very close to buying myself a kiddie plate today with all separate little sections to keep my food from touching!
  • PAV8888
    edited August 2021
    Options
    You MADE the egg salad salad with your deviled egg recipe!!!! :wink:

Laurie your dinner sounds good!

It also sounds as if you need to have a chat with your hamsters and see where you want to be.

The biggest health dividend is in the bag, already as soon as we moved from our 35's and 40's and more to BMI's below 27 (mid-point overweight) and even more so once in the 25s... the elephant in any of our rooms is not moving forward but avoiding a large regain! And remember that the biggest predictor for continuing to maintain a large loss is... are you ready? Maintaining the large loss for longer and longer :wink: Odds of continuing to maintain increase at the 6 month, 1 year, 2 year, and by the five year mark of maintenance we're at better than even odds of continuing to maintain!

I have no issues with concentrating on small incremental improvements both as a goal and as a distraction over the good one or two(+) years that it is likely to take for things to get back to normal and for brains and hormones to catch up with drastic losses. I mean... heck... that's exactly what I did!

But the big payoff is that by trying to move forward we're not backsliding... right? Regardless of whether we actually move forward even a tiny bit!

So, if frustration at lack of additional progress causes back-sliding that's the exact opposite of what we want!

The reframing is that by focusing on moving forward you're not backsliding and that by itself is victory. Additional loss is bonus; but lack of additional loss should not be frustration inducing!

Otherwise I am going to channel Novus and suggest you should try to make things easier and more sustainable... remember: there is no real end coming up! It's not like tomorrow we get to BMI 22 and stop having to manage our weight because we got to goal!

Maybe I'm being cryptic and all that, or off the mark? I can attempt this again when I am not sleep deprived... sleep is a really good goal, yes! Maybe I should join into the goal setting! :wink:

But I am a bit concerned in that I am hearing about a "fight" as opposed to hearing about an "easy" "normal"
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    :D
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    But you added dill pickles and mustard powder lol….I thought you put fried eggs on top of your salad with that stuff in it!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    PAV I love what you just wrote!…not about sleep deprivation but the longer you keep the weight off, etc!…I have lost 2/3 of what I set out to lose….another 1/3 is doable but slower, right?….my BMI was in the 50s!…and now in lower 30s….that is a win!….and I have maintained this weight for awhile….now I just need to get my head back in the game!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    For whatever reason - when I added that laughing face - the only part of your post that showed was "You MADE the egg salad salad with your deviled egg recipe!!!! :wink:"

Hence my laughing face response.

I'm too tired to absorb your thoughtful post - will have to try again tomorrow!

Thank you, and goodnight all.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    For whatever reason - when I added that laughing face - the only part of your post that showed was "You MADE the egg salad salad with your deviled egg recipe!!!! :wink:"

Hence my laughing face response.

I'm too tired to absorb your thoughtful post - will have to try again tomorrow!

Thank you, and goodnight all.

Thoughtful, or sleep deprived musings, or a combo of both, your pick!

It annoys my friends mightily when they believe they wasted the effort of providing their perspective when I don't adopt what they propose; but I consider their efforts helpful because they help me figure out what may work for me!

Sort of like Connie and her deviled eggs -- slightly adapted 😘
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Today is going to be Hot Italian Beef sandwiches for lunch, and then for dinner tonight we are having street tacos. Boyfriend and Girlfriend are having al pastor, and Son and I are having the milder carne asada. Son will not be having chopped onion and cilantro on his, though, as that's much too much for him. (I agree it's a big loud flavor, but it's GOOD.)

@Bella_Figura: I have said before that I recognize that I have a problem with food, and I will probably always have to weigh and measure my portions because that's how I control the chronic condition I have.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I have a seriously messed up relationship with food, which has been getting worse and worse it seems. I have also realized that I can't lose until I fix that relationship and the mental health issues behind it. Not that you ever really "fix" mental health, but work on it and find what works the best for me (with professional help).

Food wise right now...

Breakfast is oatmeal with bananas, chia seeds, maple syrup, and blueberries
    Lunch is shredded hashbrowns, mushrooms, peppers, onions, and zucchini with eggs

Dinner the last few nights (and tonight) is chicken, pepper, onion, and corn enchiladas.

Been snacking on fresh honeydew and hummus with veggies and pretzels.

• lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV & BELLA - such wise words. They are tugging me a bit out of my frustration funk.

At some point maybe I have to just relax (as in don't stress out - not relax my watchful eye on calories) and go as slowly as it takes (knowing that the trend generally downward, despite the inevitable spikes). I just hoped that I would be closer to my goal - which is 25 pounds off still - before I did that.

I'm not ready to give that idea up yet. Something has to give soon though! lol.

The variable part of oday's menu will include:

- scrambled eggs & brussel sprouts, yellow beans, sauteed (more just softened in the warm egg pan) kale, baked sweet potato wedges and whatever tomatoes the garden has to offer today.

- spicey cabbage & beans and some wee veggie breakfast sausages.

It feels good to be back on track. It seems that when I get that egg meal in - the rest of the day just falls into place. Why oh why do I have days where every fibre of my being wants to resist something so simple?

• conniewilkins56
    Options
    Sigh….John and grandson johnnathan wanted me to go to breakfast with them….I did and had my usual bacon, tomato and toast and grits….wasn’t the morning I had planned but I dealt with it….how many 16 year olds actually want to spend time with their grandparents?…I am fixing a chicken and mixed veggie casserole for dinner with potatoes on top of it ….won’t be many calories to play with today….
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Does a slice of my friend's homemade coconut and raspberry jam sponge cake count as two of my five a day?

No rainbows for me today - I've had a banana...some homemade tomato sauce with pasta...that's the lot.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ….John and grandson johnnathan wanted me to go to breakfast with them…how many 16 year olds actually want to spend time with their grandparents?

That is beautiful, Connie. Moments like that I feel very blessed.

Definitely worth have to play the calorie make up game later in the day!

• PAV8888
    Options
    Sounds colourful Bella!
    Depends on... portion size🤷🏻‍♂️
    I only had tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions today. Come to think of it, some cherries too. But all together they totalled over 700g.... so closer to 8 than 5 or 4! 😉
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Lean Angus burgers at 170 Cal per 4oz patty each, served on top of oven baked portobello mushrooms with a few oven chips (thin sliced pre-boiled fingerling potatoes) and a very simple salad of medley tomatoes (yellow orange black red two kinds of each actually both cherry and roma shaped, except the black are only cherry) and some grilled fresh onions