Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    DW, I laughed out loud when I read about your roll-a-bullie. That is a first for me, never heard of such a fun event. Can't wait to learn how you and your dog do!

Diane, I have been lazy the last couple days and haven't used the Lose It app. Ugh! I need to keep up with that to keep myself on track. For some reason the last 2 days I "just wasn't into it," and I sure feel it now. When I make bad food choices, my body lets me know. I feel like I set myself back quite a bit, just by being lazy and lacking motivation.

Shari, despite the increase in Covid cases in our area, not much (if anything) has changed in terms of restrictions, mandates, etc. It sort of annoys me, but since I go almost nowhere I guess I shouldn't really complain.

Well the dog I had my eye on has been adopted so that one is not an option. I told DS, it just wasn't meant to be. That is probably good for now. I will remain mildly open minded but not too aggressive in my search, realizing my limitations. I do donate to 4 no-kill shelters in our area and will continue to do so.

C'mon Monday! I need to get back on track!
  • atgoal135
    atgoal135 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Paula…we all have some off days…you will get back to tracking tomorrow! I ate more treats today…was hungry I guess? Anyway even with two ginger cookies as my snack I was 13 calories under budget. Will see if I can be better tomorrow…I usually am about 2-300 under budget and not feeling deprived. 😎
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! The picnic was fun but HOT -upper 80s...I lost a lot of water weight-LOL!! We had the dogs in the shade and had fans on them, and water, of course! The turnout was pretty small but not too bad-about 20 people with their dogs. My husband grilled the burgers and I set up the raffle and organized the games but the games are the ones we usually do. I won the "Roll -A-Bullie" contest but I had the oldest/most calm dog. Our younger one won the "Wickedest Eye" contest (our breed is supposed to have squinty eyes) and was 2nd in the "Waggiest Tail". I was last in the "Egg race" (hard boiled egg carried on a spoon, dog with you on a leash, racing another team around cones). For that race, my dog and I were both the oldest-LOL!! It is all good fun!
    My eating choices weren't C1, but weren't bad and today has been on track. I'm down a couple of the vacation pounds and hope to keep going...not "hope"- plan to keep going! Have a great week!
  • atgoal135
    Options
    DW…sounds like a fun picnic despite some heat! Summer coming to an end here in MN. Hot yesterday but mornings are getting cool and crispy! Love fall…except we all know what’s coming, lol!

Down on the scale two days in a row. For new grand total of 4.6 lbs!! Feeling really good and committed to plan because it seems to be actually working and maybe increasing my metabolism. My tummy feels better and loser around waist too. Win Win.😎
  • shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Here we are at Monday once again! I sure do appreciate the weekends. It was a good one as I actually took it easy on Sunday. I was expecting to not feel as I got my third Covid shot. I had Astra Zeneca as my first shot, then Pfizer. I was allowed to get a second shot of Pfizer so I can travel to places that don't recognize AZ (which is the US- at least to get into and concerts/shows). I don't have travel plans, but as soon as it's a bit safer I want to take some vacation. I didn't feel any effects from the shot this time around. We have so many that won't get a vaccine and protest, and here I am with my third shot. I know too many people that caught Covid and having lost a friend and colleague- I think getting the vaccine is important.

I did well eating yesterday. I would love to see some progress- and have it stick. Looking for a good day today with good choices.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Shari…wow a third shot! Congrats! Glad you are feeling no side effects! I hope it keeps you safe from Covid!

FDA approved boosters for 65+ here but I don’t know if they are actually providing boosters to us in MN yet? Nothing being shown on local news about seniors getting shots? No one we know, except my sister, who has RA and is on Orencia infusions (totally compromised immunity) has been “invited” by their clinic to get a booster. Very glad she had one! We are going to look into boosters when we arrive in AZ. Depart a week from tomorrow. Right now very busy dog sitting. This little doggie is a busy boy and keeps us hopping!😂👍
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Just looked up MN and AZ sites both are saying waiting on CDC guidance which is expected to happen 22-23rd of September? So guessing has not been on news about seniors getting boosters because it’s not been authorized fully yet. FDA was just first step, needs CDC to have its say, red tape. When it is approved, we plan to get one.👍
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, Congrats to you and your dogs for winning the contests! Such a fun and enjoyable day I am sure.

Shari, Wow that you got your 3rd shot!! I don't see that happening here any time soon for me. When I have the opportunity, I will also get a booster shot. It still seems to me that there is so much confusing information.

Diane, I am guessing that your sister will have to go off of the Orencia for a while before getting another vaccine shot, right? I managed to avoid getting on any biologics for my RA. At my last visit, my rheumatologist told me how fortunate I am that I have responded so well to taking DMARDs (disease modifying anti rheumatoidal drugs.

I had a wonderful on track day today. Only heaven knows what got into me this weekend (well I know that non-compliant food got into me for sure). I logged all my food and am well within my budget with calories to spare. I accomplished quite a bit today around the house, even doing some things that were not on my to-do list!

Onward to tomorrow!!

• DW2022
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Shari, congrats on getting your 3rd shot!! I will get mine as soon as I am allowed! I hope to be able to get it before the end of October when we have our national dog gathering and people bring in germs from all over the country! Diane, congrats on your ongoing weight loss! Paula, it sounds like you had a really great day!! I had a busy day with lots of running around but we did take the dogs for a walk mid day. It cooled down a bit so we were able to get them out without the concern of their feet getting burned on the hot asphalt. My eating was ok but not totally compliant. I got home from dog class and" had" to have a snack. Hopefully the extra exercise will balance the late snack. Have a restful night and a great Tuesday!!
  • shariletts
    Options
    Glad everyone is having good days! I wish we had hot enough weather to worry about taking Moe out for a walk DW. Today we will have room temperature weather outdoors. I will take it, it may feel warmer if the sun comes out.

My weight is stuck at a high weight. I will continue to work at my good habits to see if won't come down some. I managed to drink all of the water that I needed to yesterday. It's been hard lately. Hoping that will happen again today.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, You sure do get in a lot of movement! That has got to help with your late snack. I so identify with wanting an evening snack. I have been having fruit which sometimes satisfies me and sometimes does not. When it doesn't, I truly struggle and sometimes cave.

Shari, Woo Hoo for getting your water in. That is the easiest part of any diet for me. DS used to not be much of a water drinker, but when he realized he put on some Covid pounds, he made up his mind to drink more water while reducing his calorie intake. Ah, at his age (31) it doesn't take much for him to drop pounds. And he has done so rather impressively. In the meantime, I still plod along and give it my best.

Today was pretty good for me. I am at the upper end of my calorie limit but feeling quite satisfied, so this might be an evening when I don't crave a sweet snack. If I do have something, it will be something sweet but low calorie. I didn't get done as much as I had hoped for today, but I am not too stressed about it. I will add the tasks I missed to tomorrow's list and take it from there.

Good night all!
  • shariletts
    Options
    Today is my long day at work. It's not my safest day either as I will be around many teenagers tonight. I will wear my mask and do my best to social distance. I really hope our restrictions tighten up some more as our numbers are not improving. I guess in a week we will see if the new changes will make any kind of an impact. Lots of young kids are catching it now. I wonder if schools will shut down again.

I am like those of you that like to snack at night. I am not hungry, I just feel like eating something. It would be so good to build up the strength to not give in! I have my meals planned out for today and I have no room to snack after dinner. Here is hoping! The scale budged in the right direction be it ever so slightly.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, Congrats on your scale number. Every little bit helps because little things can add up to bigger successes over all. I often have to remind myself of this notion. I sure hope the Covid numbers stop climbing. PA is still seeing increasing numbers again. Our state Department of Health reported 4,394 additional coronavirus cases today. The seven-day moving average of newly reported cases was 4,715 cases per day, up 9% from a week ago, and up 88% over the last 30 days. Scary. To date, there have been 1.39 million infections statewide.

I had a great day again today....so a 2 day compliant streak. I was tempted this afternoon to have some off plan snack, but I didn't cave. This is definitely an NSV for me. I was pretty busy and kept at what I was doing. Before I knew it it was time to prepare supper, so no need for an afternoon snack break. My dinner was very satisfying: a substantial salad, salmon, and asparagus....the meal (ok diet meal) of my dreams!!
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hi Everybody! It became fall overnight here in Ohio-it has been raining since about 8pm last night(Tuesday) and the high today was 55 so I made soup-chicken vegetable from the 17DD cookbook. It is supposed to continue with rain throughout the day tomorrow so the leftover soup will taste even better tomorrow! I am challenged by technology and have been getting messages from my phone for months about not having enough storage and icloud is full, so today seemed like the perfect time to go to the Verizon store and talk to them about things. A very nice young man helped me with the icloud problem and I've ordered a new phone. When it comes, I will go back there and they will transfer everything for me. The phone problems have been hanging over my head for months and I've been putting it off so am happy it is done! I did well food-wise until the past couple of hours so I should head for bed. Happy first day of Fall!!
  • shariletts
    Options
    Good news on your NSV Paula! I wish I had some of that determination. I caved at the end of my night. I was too tired to talk myself out of the conversation I was having with the part of my thinking that said I deserved a snack after a long day. So today, I am removing the calories that I overate yesterday. That should even things out and I hope that my weight will stay stable. I am also hoping that helps me not think of a cheat snack as something I can get away with and I will be more accountable to myself in the future. Hope I can stick to my plan today lol!

DW- the thought of having soup sounds great! I am fairly good with technology but I do get frustrated when things don't run well. I have had your issue with phone storage space. It seems like every app and O/S needs more space so along with every phone update, there is less and less room. I always think I am buying a phone with lots of memory, but eventually- a new phone is needed. I know you will enjoy the new one.
  • atgoal135
    Options
    Fall in MN too, DW! Soup sounds so good! But so does a bunch of fall favs that are not good for me so will focus on the soup!😋

I hear what everyone is saying about the night snacking…my downfall for sure…(until I committed to this fasting from 7:00 to 11:00 next day). Hang in there ladies…I know you can do it!

This is my Day 21 on my intermittent fasting and so far I have not caved after 7:00 as to snacks or any form of calories. I hope I can continue the streak. I wish I could say why I am able to be strong at night now when I certainly was not all summer???🤔. Part of me had just given up because my weight loss stalled and then I was gaining…it feels good to be trying a new approach and probably is in “honeymoon” phase, lol! (When traveling I know meals will be “catch as we can”, not knowing what may be even closed down the road etc…so I will allow deviation from fasting schedule for 3 days).

As of this morning, I am now .2 lbs shy of 5 lbs lost in last 20 days. Even after Chinese for lunch yesterday..still inside my calories budget. The gradual losing is keeping me strong right now and will keep me that way as long as I am able to see results. 🤞🤞🤞crossing my fingers this does continue!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, I think you sent your rain to us here in PA. It was rainy and dreary all day long. By the 5 pm local news we already had 1.65 inches of rain along with considerable thunder and lightening, a good day to take it easy. I, too, need to replace my phone, which is over 5 years old. I have been procrastinating about this, partly because I know I will get another iPhone but am not sure about the model I will select. I agree with Shari and Diane about soup. I could eat soup every day year round, but DS isn't in the mood for soup very often, so I don't make it as often as I would like to.

Shari, good strategy to cut back on some calories today to help compensate for yesterday's total. That is in line with the approach on Lose It.

Diane, Congrats on your impressive weight loss and intermittent fasting streak. That is fabulous! Your weight loss rate is right in keeping with the recommendations of most reliable plans. Woo Hoo!

I had an excellent today for food choices and staying on track. I will probably weigh in again soon. I was not very productive today however, maybe because the dreary rain slowed me down. I feel good however, so that really shouldn't be an excuse! It is 2 weeks today that I had the stem cell injection in my right knee. I feel that it is somewhat improved over the way it was before the shot. I have less pain and more strength in it, but it is still not "normal" and might never be that. I am hoping that it will just continue to improve slowly and steadily as a result of the injection. Still waiting to hear if I will be approved to get a shot in my other knee.
  • DW2022
    Options
    Hello! I hope you are all having a good evening! I am hoping to get to bed at a decent hour vs staying up and snacking. My chair yoga cancelled for tomorrow so we are going to go walk at the Toledo Zoo. I got a membership last winter and we've never used it. The weather, which was rainy again today, is supposed to be nice tomorrow. Paula, that is awesome that you've noted improvement in your knee! Diane, congrats on your ongoing weight loss!! Shari, that sounds like a good plan balancing out the calories! I've ordered a new book that I saw on Hoda and Jenna about eating to balance hormones and feel better. It sounded interesting so I'll let you know how it turns out. Have a great Friday!!
  • shariletts
    Options
    We definitely have a chill in the air these days. No doubt that summer has left us. I do hope travel to a warmer climate will be in the cards this winter. We just have to wait and see.

I weighed in and was down a bit. I am so glad that the plan to eat less yesterday was effective. It's a strategy I will continue to use. I am thinking if I can make sure to average out my recommended calories per day over a longer time period I can have some meals that are more calorie heavy from time to time.

I do hope you continue to see improvement in your knee Paula. If you do, I will pass along this approach to my mom. She suffers with her knees, but she otherwise she is in really good health.

So glad it's Friday. I have a full day of work with so much to catch up on, But then, woohoo- two days off.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    DW, the book you ordered sounds interesting. Will be looking forward to any insights you gain from it!

Shari, Woo hoo for seeing more movement in the right direction on your scale. Seeing progress can be highly motivating.

Today was another good day for me. I weighed in this morning and am down 2 more pounds. I am quite pleased and will strive to keep up this progress. I am tired now so will rest in our family room for a while and maybe read if I can stay awake. I don't have any meaningful plans for tomorrow as I tend to not make "to do" lists for Saturdays and Sundays, unless there is something urgent. So I will take it easy tomorrow and ready while DS watches college football on TV, especially his alma mater Penn State who play at noon. I am more interested in college football than in pro football but DS likes both. So I read or nap while he watches the games. It is relaxing to me and reminds me of my childhood as that is what I did while my father watched football on TV too.

Happy Weekend All!