Share Your Day

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    OMG....bra....don't see how that is going to happen! I better find a fine beau really quick :D
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    A new beau should be getting you out of your bra, not into it. 🤣
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You have a good point there, Bella!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    A front-closing bra might do the trick, Laurie.
    Options
    Well, my consult for breast reduction has been rescheduled due to the nurses and techs from that department accepting emergency reassignment to other duties. But I did get the packet, which includes the info of what insurance will ask for. I am below the BMI cutoff, which is great! 38, and the cutoff is 42. They want three months stable weight, and quite frankly it largely has been, thanks to the slowdown due to the thyroid issue. As it is I'm not wanting to lose a lot of weight until I get the breast surgery, because I have two bras that fit right now and I don't want to shrink out of them and have to find new ones.

So I need to either go to a chiropractor or physical therapy for three months to satisfy insurance. Going to call my primary care doctor and ask for a physical therapy referral to get that satisfied. I have beautiful posture and am strong, but we must jump through all the hoops.

And of course I have shoulder grooving so that's checked off as well.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Do you have long to wait, Alexandra?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,659 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Yikes!!!! I hope everyone feels better! The surgeries sound... trying. Hopefully the results will make it all worthwhile!

Would volunteer to help one and all w/ their bra issues; but I'm not sure that cccgg would approve!😇😹
    Options
    Do you have long to wait, Alexandra?

I have no idea. The preliminary appointment is now in January. So at least that long. Then they gather up all the info from my PCP, my physical therapist, and the opinion of the plastic surgeon and submit it to the insurance company and see if they approve it. If they don't, and come back with, "We want you to weigh 190 before we do it" well, there it is, and I'll kick the weight loss into a higher gear and make that happen. So I really don't know. I meet the office's requirements, we now will have to see if I meet the insurance requirements.

• NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Not even 2pm and calling it a day. The day started out great! I slept really well and all night, which never happens. Spent some time drinking a cup of coffee on the front porch watching an amazing sunrise. Even work was going well… until it wasn’t. I’m now home because our offices were evacuated from a couple coworkers coming down with COVID.

Got home a bit ago for a nice long hot shower since my psyche decided I needed to itch all over after the COVID news. Now to try and avoid the fridge and stress eating. Fingers crossed for those with COVID and a silent phone (no contact tracing call, hopefully). Getting tested tomorrow or Friday, call or not - nobody is allowed back in their office without a negative test.

On the bright side, the weather was perfect so a bunch of us decided that if we’d already been exposed, might as well head out for a hike! Also, paid leave until we can return to our offices! 🎉. Everything has a silver lining if you look hard enough — this last 7-days is pushing my optimism… 😂

I’ve also decided to run for president on a campaign pledge — stress calories don’t count!! 👍🏼
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I hope all those who are looking at surgery have everything go well. I have luckily never had "real" surgery. Just oral surgery to cut some teeth out from the gum since my jaw wasn't big enough for everyone to come in.

Yesterday was rough. All my symptoms flared up. Severe fatigue, muscle and joint pain, headache, sinus issues, cough, nausea... I logged into work, but ended up leaving after 1.25 hours. Just could not do it. So I logged out and slept most of the day. Feeling better today. Not 100%. Some fatigue, muscle pain, and brain fog.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,659 Member
    Options
    🤞
    Options
    I've had... cyst cut out of a wrist, half my thyroid removed, the arch of my right foot put back together after I dislocated three bones in my midfoot (they put in a screw and used percutaneous wires to hold it while it healed), another surgery to take the screw out a few years later and my tubes tied.

Now I'm looking at getting the other half of my thyroid removed, and am working towards getting a breast reduction. Whee!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I have you all beat lol….2 c sections ( 10.9 oz and 9 lb babies )…tubes tied, Herniated disc in back before non invasive surgery, 2 knee replacements, huge cyst removed under arm that went into blood poisoning and hospitalized, Spurs and torn biceps in left shoulder, cataracts both eyes,appendix with tumor attached removed along with ovaries and large mass inside uterus ( all cancer free )… and an ingrown toenail removed!….I think that is it but I am as healthy as a horse!….just all mechanical new body parts!….oh and two colonoscopies that were done in hospital under anesthesia….oh and a DNC that I had after daughter was born!….
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    That foot sounds really painful, Alexandra.

Lots of fixes, Connie! They were all successful?
    Now I'm curious - did they repair your bicep? Mine is not going to be. This is the 2nd surgeon who said "no" now. At first it was a "maybe" - but it has rolled down inside my arm and they aren't willing to fish it up. It isn't my fault this has taken so very very very long!!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    I had spurs and I fell and the spurs tore my biceps….I fell inside a Pizza Hut on a broken tile…..long story but I had the spurs from wear and rear….all operations were a success I guess!…I am still among the living!….my vision is 20/20 first time in my life!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I got to sleep in since I had to wait til mid-morning for my COVID test. After grabbing some coffee, I decided I’d take advantage of the beautiful day off and go for a hike. It smelled so good out …juniper and sagebrush. Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea but brings back good memories. On my way home, I stopped at the Mexican taco truck for a mar y tierra burrito — was super tasty! COVID test was negative and had a nice nap on the sofa — was like a quick staycation 🌞

Hope everyone had a great day!!

4pt5t13cx54c.jpeg

mbvvnr06l04b.jpeg

u8bmnw8tublt.jpeg

Not nearly as beautiful as the Canadian Rockies but is home!

• aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I got to sleep in since I had to wait til mid-morning for my COVID test. After grabbing some coffee, I decided I’d take advantage of the beautiful day off and go for a hike. It smelled so good out …juniper and sagebrush. Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea but brings back good memories. On my way home, I stopped at the Mexican taco truck for a mar y tierra burrito — was super tasty! COVID test was negative and had a nice nap on the sofa — was like a quick staycation 🌞

Hope everyone had a great day!!

So glad that your covid test was negative! We're trapped at home because our 13-year-old son got covid last week (we're thinking at the birthday party - literally it's the ONLY time he's been out and about around other people in almost a year). So far it seems like a light case, but I'm still praying. I mean, he feels terrible, but no moreso than the flu. Thankfully, no one else in the family has gotten sick.

Your day sounds lovely and relaxing. I'm going to try and get out and walk for a bit tomorrow if it doesn't rain.