Chat Room

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Today was a great productive day! Caught up on some chores, got all my workouts done including the one I didn't do yesterday, some reading, and crafting. Oh and of course can't forget about football🏈!

Hoping tomorrow is just as good!
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today was a great day but not as productive as yesterday. Had to go vote for the federal election in Canada. Completed all planned workouts and feeling drained. Tomorrow is rest and weigh day. Also looking forward to my TOPS meeting tomorrow.
  • stiggymt
    stiggymt Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I missed coming in yesterday. Malia, out granddaughter stopped in for a visit. She is the one that lived with us for almost 2 years.

Did you ever get aquainted with Akelly in Spark People? She was one of my first SP friends. I sent her an email last night to see how she is doing. She responded this morning. She's not doing well. She lost her husband to cancer a year ago. Then she was forced to move because she couldn't afford the rent. She ended up moving to a different state. She's missing her home, husband, and dealing with depression. She's lost a lot of weight and now wants to give up. But she holds onto how proud her husband was of her weight loss.

I ran an errand this morning. It took all morning. I hadn't planned that, so I didn't get everything done today that I wanted to get done.

That's one of the reasons I like to walk early on the morning. It's done before anything can get in the way.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    stiggymt wrote: »
    I missed coming in yesterday. Malia, out granddaughter stopped in for a visit. She is the one that lived with us for almost 2 years.

Did you ever get aquainted with Akelly in Spark People? She was one of my first SP friends. I sent her an email last night to see how she is doing. She responded this morning. She's not doing well. She lost her husband to cancer a year ago. Then she was forced to move because she couldn't afford the rent. She ended up moving to a different state. She's missing her home, husband, and dealing with depression. She's lost a lot of weight and now wants to give up. But she holds onto how proud her husband was of her weight loss.

I ran an errand this morning. It took all morning. I hadn't planned that, so I didn't get everything done today that I wanted to get done.

That's one of the reasons I like to walk early on the morning. It's done before anything can get in the way.

I figured something important came up. No big deal. I hope it was a great visit with your granddaughter.

Hugs for your friend. I do hope she doesn't give up. I never met her on Sparks. Maybe she would be willing to join our group. Even if she is not with TOPS. It might help keep her motivated and feel more connected to people.

I have those days where life just gets in the way and takes longer than planned. All we can do is our best.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today is rest, weigh and TOPS day! Gained 2 lbs. A little frustrating as I thought I did really well. Lots of different things it could be so not going to stress about it. Next week will be better!

I am also scheduled to do program near the end of October. Lots of Ideas running through my head. I want it to be educational but fun at the same time. If any one has suggestions that would be great. It can even be a program you enjoyed from your TOPS group.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    I have TOPS tomorrow morning. I'm not sure how I'll do. I still have to prepare a lesson.

I paid bills this morning, after my walk. Then I tackled some paper work for TOPS. We have one member (I call her Skinny Minnie), that I'm not sure why she joined TOPS and she never comes to meetings. Her membership is due in October. I'm almost hoping she doesn't re-new.

This afternoon, I puttered around the house.

Our visit with Malia was good. I gave her a couple pictures of her when she was a baby. It brought a smile to her face.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    CSEGUIN2 wrote: »
    Today is rest, weigh and TOPS day! Gained 2 lbs. A little frustrating as I thought I did really well. Lots of different things it could be so not going to stress about it. Next week will be better!

I am also scheduled to do program near the end of October. Lots of Ideas running through my head. I want it to be educational but fun at the same time. If any one has suggestions that would be great. It can even be a program you enjoyed from your TOPS group.

I'm sure you'll do fine with the program. Our group is such a small group. The leader has always done it in our chapter. I usually do something out of TOPS News. Sometimes out of Spark People. Sigh! We'll, I might try MyFitnessPal articles. The article in TOPS News about what to do with old clothes when the don't fit the new you. It's cute, with humor and and good information. I added something I did. I had a yard sale with my large clothes and told everyone that I belong to TOPS and I used to wear all those clothes. Some of them was really hard to give up, but I did it!

I wish I could be a close friend with Akelly, more than what an internet friend can give. She lives on the east coast.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today was a very rainy chilly day. Got creative to make up for my walk I normally take each day. Did marching, rebound jogging and a HIIT Walk Video. Also did my planned exercise.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Rainy on and off all day. Also chilly enough to turn on the heat. Went for my walk as it was only misting and my body wanted to go. Stopped before I got home and only had wet toes. Completed all other workouts planned for today. Last night tried making air fryer apple chips. Did not work for me. Burnt some and others weren't done. Went back to doing them in the oven on low and slow. Read the MFP blog about how much water we should be drinking. Really informational and took lots of notes. May use it as a program and add to it.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    I walked early yesterday and this morning. I think that's my favorite time of day. There is a new walker in the early morning. It's an overweight man, about 50 or 60ish. I'm guessing it's doctor ordered and he's like me, he likes the early morning. There is also 2 other women that walk at that time.

I discovered that if I walk later in the morning, someone will always want to stop and chat. When I'm walking, I'm doing a workout. When you stop, it stops the rhythm and heart rate.

I didn't get in yesterday. We have church Wednesday nights now, so I have a little time crunch. I was also busy yesterday all day long.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    stiggymt wrote: »
    I walked early yesterday and this morning. I think that's my favorite time of day. There is a new walker in the early morning. It's an overweight man, about 50 or 60ish. I'm guessing it's doctor ordered and he's like me, he likes the early morning. There is also 2 other women that walk at that time.

I discovered that if I walk later in the morning, someone will always want to stop and chat. When I'm walking, I'm doing a workout. When you stop, it stops the rhythm and heart rate.

I didn't get in yesterday. We have church Wednesday nights now, so I have a little time crunch. I was also busy yesterday all day long.

I do enjoy seeing friendly faces along my early morning walks. I find it helps me feel safer and motivates me. If I walk later in the day and see people I say hi, wave and keep walking. If I want to visit with them I do so after.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Today was a very beautiful day! Sunny but cool. Helped me be productive. Completed all workouts planned. Also got 2 loads of laundry on the line and played cards with hubby. Oh yeah and got my dishes caught up from yesterday.
  • stiggymt
    Options
    I walked early this morning, bit a little latter than usual. I slept in about 20 minutes. lol

Occasionally I'll stop to talk with a morning walker, but usually it's something about the walking area. Bear, skunk, etc in the area. One time I pointed out the lunar eclipse.

I didn't sleep well last night. Not sure why. That's why I slept in. I didn't get much done today either. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Bea hope you got better sleep last night. I have those days too. But more in the winter. I have been finding that since I am back on schedule with exercise I am actually sleeping better.

Today turned out to be a beautiful and productive day. Well at least after the morning rain. Got my walk in before rain started. All planned workouts done. Also did some crocheting, reading, laundry and cleaned/reorganized 1 cupboard.
  • JPismefromSP
    JPismefromSP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to the group. I'm a little confused as to the challenges and how to post to them. I didn't see anyone else posting except the reminders. Forgive me if I'm asking in the wrong place. I'm new to MFP as well and learning how it is set up.
    I wasn't very active for the past few weeks. I'm in college and the last term kicked my brain. I'm catching up on life now.
    Thanks in advance for any info.
    P.S. my group meets Mondays so I can update my weight then.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to the group. I'm a little confused as to the challenges and how to post to them. I didn't see anyone else posting except the reminders. Forgive me if I'm asking in the wrong place. I'm new to MFP as well and learning how it is set up.
    I wasn't very active for the past few weeks. I'm in college and the last term kicked my brain. I'm catching up on life now.

Welcome to the group! I am sorry this has been confusing to you. I am glad to help you out any way I can. For starters if we are friends you'll be able to send me emails directly with questions if you would like. This would get you a quicker response.

For the challenges they are under discussion where we post. I hope this helps you. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone! Today has been a very good, productive day again. That's 3 in a row! Got all my planned workouts done. Did laundry, went shopping, cleaned out another cupboard and reorganized it, also did some crocheting. Tomorrow my plan changes as have to take Mom to an appointment so lots of time spent on buses. But will do my best to get all planned done.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone! In the 80s today. So not use to it after the few cool days. Took Mom to an appointment today. Lots of walking. She bought me lunch. I only ate some of it. I am still in range woohoo! Didn't do my main workout or rebound jogging. Just to warm and decided with the extra walking I would treat myself to a little extra rest. Looking in to doing some online schooling if I can make it work financially. Not sure which way to go yet but will be based around my healthy journey.
  • JPismefromSP
    JPismefromSP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello @ cseguin2 , thanks for the tips. I can hopefully be more active in discussions and challenges.

I've had beautiful weather as well. Sitting weather breeze as the sun sets right now.

Have a happy day. JP
  • stiggymt
    Options

Welcome to a great TOPS team! We're a little new to MyFitnessPal also.

One of my favorite sayings is Do what you can and don't worry about the rest. Also the only stupid question is one that is never asked. Feel free to ask any questions you like.

I think your question was answered in the post before this.