Options
    kristiekay1962
    Dec. 8
    track: yes
    under: no
    water: 8 glasses
    exercise: 32 min.
    steps: 7763

I am really impressed with how most of the team is able to keep those calories in down. Most of you do really good all week long, but not me, keep up the great job, I will keep working to get those calories down. Good night Team TBBT.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,514 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 8 December
    Track: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes

@kristiekay1962 I failed today 😁 hopefully it's just a one-off and not a trend.🤷‍♀️

Have a great day everyone!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: prehistoricmoongoddess
    Wednesday
    CW: 152

@prehistoricmoongoddess Holding steady... for now! Better than the alternative.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Wednesday, December 8th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: no, not even trying. This will be a New Year's Resolution!
    water: 8 cups
    steps: 4,491

Not a great day, but I did get my hair cut and coloured, so that always makes one feel better!
  • Fit_Prit
    Fit_Prit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh in
    December week#2

Username : Fit_Prit
    CW : 217 lbs

But I don't believe this wt! :neutral:

My regular wt scale stopped working on Sunday. I ask if it can be repaired.. but no help..

Now I'm using different wt scale and that machine is showing almost 10lbs difference... :anguished:

I'm posting this wt. coz I don't wanna miss weigh in...

Plz help !!!!!! :bawling:
  • everydaywechoose
    everydaywechoose Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    daily report for dec 8
    log; yes
    under; yes
    exercise; yes
  • HASWLRS
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Fit_Prit wrote: »
    Thursday Weigh in
    December week#2

My regular wt scale stopped working on Sunday. I ask if it can be repaired.. but no help..

Now I'm using different wt scale and that machine is showing almost 10lbs difference... :anguished:

@Fit_Prit I feel your pain! There was a difference between my old and new scales of up to four pounds, but not 10!! What about a gym that might have a scale that you could get a number to compare to? Or a doctor's office? Where else? Do you have a friend that might have a scale that they feel is accurate? Oh, I know...do you have something in your house that you are pretty certain of the weight, like a 10 pound hand weight? What do these new scales say it weighs? So, you are saying that you feel that your old scale was accurate. How did you determine that?
  • everydaywechoose
    everydaywechoose Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS Lisa, I am so sad for you and your folks and their challenges. Getting older isn't very graceful. Give yourself a little wiggleroom to feel what you're feeling as you and family deal with the 'unwritten future'. There is no right way to handle these things. We just make one choice at a time and deal with the consequences...then make the next choice based on that..and on and on. We're dealing with a similar situation with my hubby's mom and dad. He was covering for her slipping memory, and taking care of her in their own home until his passing 2 yrs ago. He went well, not sick, just getting old, good life, good death, went in his sleep. Anyways, we had to put mom into a home. She's in a nursing home but having difficulty mingling with others as there are not many people there who have dementia. So, she spents much time along and has few friends. We are considering moving her to another facility that might fit her better. Anyways, I'm just saying I can empathize with you and allow yourself to feel and do what you need to do to take care of yourself first...before you can deal with the folks.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Thursday Weigh in
    December week#2

@Fit_Prit I feel your pain! There was a difference between my old and new scales of up to four pounds, but not 10!! What about a gym that might have a scale that you could get a number to compare to? Or a doctor's office? Where else? Do you have a friend that might have a scale that they feel is accurate? Oh, I know...do you have something in your house that you are pretty certain of the weight, like a 10 pound hand weight? What do these new scales say it weighs? So, you are saying that you feel that your old scale was accurate. How did you determine that?

@Fit_Prit I'm seconding Lisa's suggestions. There is about a 10 lb difference between my home, gym and Dr office scales. It happens. My scale will show a different weight if I move it around to a different part of the bathroom. When I got a new electronic scale it was higher than my old one but it seemed to take a few days to get calibrated. I weighed myself every day and for 4-5 days it showed me losing 1-1.5 pounds a day, then it settled down to a consistent weight. Bottom line is that consitency is the important thing. You may not like the number showing today (who does?) but weigh yourself every day for several days and see where it settles. Be consistent in when / how you do it, say first thing in the morning before coffee and breakfast. Snap a chalkline and start working from there.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @HASWLRS Just catching up and saw your post, sorry about your mom. Dealing with aging parents is tough. Both of mine are gone, so I escaped these issues, but my husband is dealing with them and there has been some yelling and crying between him, his parents and his siblings in recent months as well. They are both 90 and his mom is failing but his dad is still strong. Always the way isn't it? She is a sweetheart and he is an ---. There's not much we can do to help being 500 miles away so it all falls on his one sister. His other sister lives in Ontario, close enough to come and help, but COVID prevented her from crossing the border for a year.

Not a lot we can do to help you either, other than be here to listen, epathize, and send virtual hugs, so feel free to vent whenever you need to. As we've told others, this is a safe space. What happens on MFP stays on MFP. :)

*break*break*

What do you think they're going to do with that car? Just let it go over? Luckily it's winter and they don't have to halt Maid of the Mist operations. Sad. :'(
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thursday, Dec 9

Logged: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes. Walk 2x
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    (Daily Post - Thurs. Dec 9)
    Exercise: no
    Water: 6 cups

I’m officially gonna do daily posting again! I need to do what it takes to keep me on track and this really helps to reflect!
  • Fit_Prit
    Fit_Prit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh in
    December week#2

I just thought that old scale is accurate as it always showed higher no.
    Mean I always feel I'm heaviest person in any room.. and that scale was just showing higher no. Compare to gym scale or my older non digital scale....

Writing this I just realised how negative my attitude is about myself and my wt. :disappointed:
    I must practice self-love more!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @everydaywechoose and @DaffyGirl88 Thank you for your kind and empathetic words.

Sue, it was sad to hear that that lady died. I never did hear how her car ended up in the river. Did you?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Thursday Weigh in
    December week#2

I just thought that old scale is accurate as it always showed higher no.
    Mean I always feel I'm heaviest person in any room.. and that scale was just showing higher no. Compare to gym scale or my older non digital scale....

Writing this I just realised how negative my attitude is about myself and my wt. :disappointed:
    I must practice self-love more!!

@Fit_Prit Hugs, my friend. Yes, self-love is important! Realizing it is a good first step. And consider the possibility that your old scale is the one that is not accurate.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    (Daily Post - Thurs. Dec 9)
    Exercise: no
    Water: 6 cups

I’m officially gonna do daily posting again! I need to do what it takes to keep me on track and this really helps to reflect!

@rawrxamberx Absolutely! You have to think about your day in order to make a daily post. Feel free to actually type out anything you discover while reflecting.
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Just catching up with the thread.

@rawrxamberx Thank you for the kindness! Remember to show yourself some of that too!

@HASWLRS Parent issues are so tough. I hope you find some peace soon.

To everyone (me included): Give yourself some grace. We're all here to ultimately take care of ourselves. Little slips will happen. Progress, not perfection!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Thursday December 9, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 52 oz
    Steps = 11,211