TEAM: Belly Flats (January)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• shawetan
    shawetan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @AB0215 Hello This is Shaweta here, I am really looking forward to the Challenge.
    Where do we have to post our weigh in?
  • ForeverFitNHealthy
    ForeverFitNHealthy Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Trina and looking forward to this also!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi my nave is Teresa, and like many I am ready for 2022, whatever it will bring!

I am 63, married, have 2 adult Sons, 1 step adult Daughter. I'm an accountant with a very busy main job (plus hour long commute each way). I also have a couple of extra side jobs that keep my weekends filled. It is great to be employed, however this leaves little time for exercise, and I sit in front of my computers way too much.

Do you want to set some goals that are good for your Heart, Mind, Soul and Body? For me, not necessarily a resolution, just a continuing goal to get into better shape. I know when I am good to my body, it is good for my Heart, Mind and Soul too... they are all connected.

Daily Minimum Goals:
    Exercise: Walk 30 mins
    Steps: 8,000
    Track: Every food & drink in MFP
    Calories: Stay under MFP goal
    Mind: Don't beat myself up if I don't reach these goals each day. Take sometime each day to reflect.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all. <3
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ToadstoolBetty
    Saturdays
    PW 172.4
    CW 170.6
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,420 Member
    Options
    Calories- under
    Fitness minutes 140
    My steps 10,123
  • shawetan
    Options
    Hi I am Shaweta, looking forward to the challenge
    Daily goals
    Calories - track all food in MFP
    Workout 3 days strength training and 3 days cardio - atleast 30 min
    Meditation 10 min
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Did I put my weight in the wrong post, it's not on the spreadsheet sheet.
  • shawetan
    Options
    Hello I am new here. I haven’t done any challenges
    Should I say my previous weight same as current weight.
    Username Shawetan
    Weigh in Day Sunday
    PW 120
    CW 120
  • AB0215
    Options
    shawetan wrote: »
    @AB0215 Hello This is Shaweta here, I am really looking forward to the Challenge.
    Where do we have to post our weigh in?

You'll post your weight here when it's your day to weigh in, yours is Monday.
  • AB0215
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running a (Optional) Mini-Accountability Challenge (Optional)

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. I definitely encourage participation for a couple reasons, one of the being it helps to keep your goals in focus daily but also it's motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's defintely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Daily Post: Saturday, 1/1/22

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes under
    Exercise: Yes - Walk 60 min / 10,100 steps for the day
    Goals/Day/Comments: Feels Great to be back on track! 1st day was a good one.
  • cybernurse251
    cybernurse251 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Cybernurse251
    Week 1
    Pw 270.6
    Cw 270.6
    Weigh day sun
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    leni1us
    Week 1
    PW 153.6
    CW 152.6

Sorry I'm late in posting.
  • jeffeo84
    jeffeo84 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    jeffeo84
    Weigh in week: Jan Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sun
    Previous Week's weight: 314.8
    Today's Weight: 313.7
  • AB0215
    Options
    Did I put my weight in the wrong post, it's not on the spreadsheet sheet.

Yeah, I didn't see it because it was in January's thread when it should have been in December's, I updated the starting weight with it.
  • AB0215
    Options
    shawetan wrote: »
    Hello I am new here. I haven’t done any challenges
    Should I say my previous weight same as current weight.
    Username Shawetan
    Weigh in Day Sunday
    PW 120
    CW 120

@shawetan We have you as a Monday weigh in day, do you want Sunday instead?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,193 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Sunday, January 2

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes (🤽‍♂️63 min;🏊‍♂️1825 yds / 58 min;👣steps: 6,906)
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year team!
    For the new year, I am re-evaluating my priorities. I teach fifth grade and the majority of my time is spent working on some type of prep or grading for school. So, I don’t give myself any time for my health.

For the new year that means I will tighten up my exercise routine and eating habits. My current goals are to workout at least 4 times a week and drink at least 60 ounces of water daily.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    WA_Teacher
    Jan. 2nd
    Current Weight: 234
    :/