Non Scale Victories

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,546 Member
    wow
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    I wouldn't have made it out without consuming cheese impregnated pasta. I'm impressed you did!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,751 Member
    Yup. I’m pretty hard core that way. No third rate catered cheese. It better be quality stuff to waste all those calories.
  • lauriekallis
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Yup. I’m pretty hard core that way. No third rate catered cheese. It better be quality stuff to waste all those calories.

Way to go. I may have avoided the lasagna (and only if I didn't go near it, smell it - so no doggie bag for anyone). But if I didn't it would have probably been a bit of an overindulge situation.

Good for you!
  • lauriekallis
    Today's little NSV. When The Boy sleeps over, I tend to fall asleep very early with him, wake up for a few hours of alone time, then back to bed for an early rise with him.

I'm up now in that very dangerous "few hours awake time" - which usually equals a tea and a snack.

Tonight - it is water and 3 clementines (and the iron pill I forgot to take today).

:)
  • Yoolypr
    edited December 2021
    Went to a holiday party and realized I am no longer the biggest person in the room! Actually I’m pretty much average in our overweight world.
    Still working on the final 25 lbs. but I’m still adjusting to being me right now.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,583 Member
    Those are two awesome NSVs Laurie and Yooly!

My NSV was resisting a slice of the Spiced Cranberry Treacle Tart that my husband made this lunchtime as a test-run for one of his Christmas Eve desserts.

He knew before he made it that I'm not a fan of desserts, and I especially don't care for dense, sweet desserts like treacle tart.

Even so, he looked hurt when I declined to partake. His look of injured disappointment would usually have been sufficient to make me relent and have a slice...but I didn't. I reminded him that I dislike treacle tart, and at 570 calories for a small slice it was a waste of my limited calories. His injured look melted away in the face of my flawless reasoning (heh heh) and I felt happy for my little victory of self-assertion.
  • PAV8888
    Now that was well done

It seems difficult for people to... just back off. Neither hindrance nor active attempts to help wanted pretty please!
  • Yoolypr
    edited December 2021
    Okay. This is a stretch for NSV but I was kind of surprised. I got some steroid injections in my hip this week. The doctor commented that it might be a bit painful because I have minimal fat over the hip. Never before losing weight have I ever lacked hip fat! 😂 Good thing the injection wasn’t in the belly area - no lack of adipose tissue there!
  • lauriekallis
    Wow! I would call that a NSV for sure - no stretchin' there
  • Yoolypr
    A small NSV over the holidays. I didn’t mind being photographed for the first time in decades. 😁 Not that every photo was flattering! But I didn’t hide from the camera as I did for years.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,583 Member
    That's another huge NSV Yooly!
  • lauriekallis
    It is a journey, @bmeadows380 ... sometimes it is a very hilly journey. But if we are learning, and here, we are still on the journey. So there is an accomplishment there for sure!
  • PAV8888
    edited January 2022
    You can't win the game when you're not in it! 🤷🏻‍♂️

So being in the game is a **kitten** BIG deal! 👍

Maybe not quite half the game (I wish, right?😹) but you have to at least buy a ticket in order to play!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Well it’s kind of a scale victory but.... I got weighed at the doctor’s office yesterday. I weighed exactly the same as I did in May. But yesterday I was wearing heavier clothes, a sweater and full shoes rather than T-shirt and sandals. So buck nekkid I’m probably down about two pounds? The victory part is having maintained a stable weight over the holidays and 8 months. A totally new experience for me 🤩🥳. Maybe I have some maintenance basics figured out? Time to work harder this year.

That is really good that you have maintained….had it not been for the fiasco of December, I would have maintained for a year….but now I am back at it and trying to go full steam ahead!….
  • PAV8888
    @joone_9 this is awesome!
    @Yoolypr you've actually done quite well through a good set of mobility challenges and you KNOW it!
    I'm glad you decided to post!:lol:
  • lauriekallis
    Congrats, Yooly. That is a major non-non-scale victory that I hope to emulate some day.