Downsizers Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Just posting this here a bit early.
    Check in for 1/29:
    Steps - 12848
    Calories - 1729 or close.
    Exercise - 6.35 mile walk in 1 hr 57 min. Getting a bit faster, but it was c-c-cold.
    Welcome to our new members and I look forward to reading your stories and watching your successes.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It's a new week, Downsizers! We have a fun activity planned for this week that I hope you will all enjoy: We all know that what we eat is one of the biggest factors in our weight loss. Sometimes it's difficult to find things to eat that are healthy and still tasty and interesting. So, this week, let's share our favorite recipes and/or places where we can find new and exciting things to prepare. I'll start us off:

One of my favorite websites to find healthy, delicious things to cook is skinnytaste.com. I prepare at least one or two of the recipes each week. Here are two of my favorite recipes on the site:

If you like Indian cuisine, give this a try - it's delicious and the serving sizes are BIG:

https://www.skinnytaste.com/cauliflower-rice-chicken-biryani/

I love this pasta dish - it comes together quickly so it's perfect for making during the week:

https://www.skinnytaste.com/orecchiette-pasta-with-chicken-sausage/

I'm looking forward to getting some ideas from all of you this week!

Cara
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,534 Member
    Options
    Good morning, my name is John Scott. I am new to the group. I am from Virginia born and raised. I was a part of this challenge a couple years ago, and wanted to rejoin to achieve my weight loss goals. I am also a new author. I recently published a poem book on Amazon called Cut From A Different Kente, so I am excited about that. My goal is to lose 10-15 lbs, and am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome to the team! Congratulations on you new book.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »
    JodiSW wrote: »
    JodiSW
    Weigh in day: FRIDAY
    PW: 166.6
    CW: 164.0

Awesome loss! That is so good you tamed the binge eating. I did therapy for my binge eating disorder 3 years ago. I understand eating to the point you feel sick. Even with my therapy it still rears it’s ugly head. Usually this happens when I am stressed. My focus this month is to chop the head off. You are so insightful with your eating. I like the way to talk to yourself. I like the idea of having a party in my head. I also wrote down your thought from the other day so I can use it.

Linda, thank you for your kind words! I've worked (and continue working) really hard on it. I too realized that stress was a huge factor in my binging. I started reading about cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt) and working in some of those techniques and for stress, I started listening to this podcast called 10% Happier - it is fantastic! If you ever do podcasts, I couldn't recommend it more.

I am going to try the podcast. I have done cbt for different things over the years. I am going to be starting it for a pain management technique. We are just trying to find the right therapist.
  • Pippin20206
    Pippin20206 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Steps 7408

I'll stick with my 7000 target pls
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    Deb, every time I read your introduction I am in awe of you. You have overcome so much but continue to work on getting heathy. I am excited to watch you reach goal soon.

@JodiSW
    You have really motivated me the last week. I am going to implement some of your strategies to get my binge eating under control. I am going to start listening to the podcast tomorrow. Thanks for inspiring me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @rwood566
    Your walking is awesome! Maybe you are burning more calories shivering in the cold.

@mari_moulin
    Thank you for starting this group. Without it I would have gained back all my weight plus some. Mindless snacking gets me when my grandkids are around. I bought them a big bag of Cadbury min eggs and I kept grabbing a few when I walked past. So it must be hard when you have to keep snacks for 3 boys. Do you have strategies for that?

@peng123
    That is a fantastic NSV. Great job on the exercise and thanks for planning the activity.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    It's a new week, Downsizers! We have a fun activity planned for this week that I hope you will all enjoy: We all know that what we eat is one of the biggest factors in our weight loss. Sometimes it's difficult to find things to eat that are healthy and still tasty and interesting. So, this week, let's share our favorite recipes and/or places where we can find new and exciting things to prepare. I'll start us off:

One of my favorite websites to find healthy, delicious things to cook is skinnytaste.com. I prepare at least one or two of the recipes each week. Here are two of my favorite recipes on the site:

If you like Indian cuisine, give this a try - it's delicious and the serving sizes are BIG:

I love this pasta dish - it comes together quickly so it's perfect for making during the week:

Cara

Ooo I'll take a look at these, could come in handy for weekends going forward.

Some suggestions that come to my mind at the mo would be:

Livthepostivefooodie on Instagram (where I found the 2 ingredient pizza dough recipes)

Pinch of Nom books

--

Other note, I've been invited out for Sunday Roast Dinner this afternoon. I was hesitant, but had a word with myself that despite won't know cals and chance of increased salt from the meat and gravy, the meal will be mostly vegetables so isn't really that bad.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »

Cara

Livthepostivefooodie on Instagram (where I found the 2 ingredient pizza dough recipes)

Pinch of Nom books

--

Other note, I've been invited out for Sunday Roast Dinner this afternoon. I was hesitant, but had a word with myself that despite won't know cals and chance of increased salt from the meat and gravy, the meal will be mostly vegetables so isn't really that bad.

You got this! Make most of your plate veggies.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »

Cara

Pinch of Nom books

--

You got this! Make most of your plate veggies.

We ordered to collect and takeaway so food was given by restaurant so didn't have ability to control those aspects unfortunately. Brought the meal home and I've had to leave half of it for now as feeling full so will have rest for dinnertime. Definitely feel the difference eating bigger meals even if mainly veg!

I think the only aspect that will bite me in the backside is mainly the gravy and stuffing.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/29
    Step count 7713
    plus 20 minutes rowing moderate effort
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,331 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    zf13svyofrh0.png

Here is my Sunday Friendly reminder of the people's steps I need ...Please have your steps in by Monday Evening 1/31 so that I can post the weekly results and the entire month results...If I do not have them in by then ..I will have no choice but to zero them out ...Thanks for your understanding and cooperation :)

@lindamtuck2018 1/29
    @red1185 1/29
    @tahm42 1/23-1/29
    @MeowScout 1/28 & 1/29
    @littleflutterby 1/28 & 1/29
    @tslose 1/23-1/29
    @mari_moulin 1/29
    @JodiSW 1/29
    @Jpedno 1/29
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @mszoueb excellent planning and execution for the special meal. You just showed us all how it is done.
    @lindamtuck2018 enjoy the pool.
    @peng123 thanks for the recipes. It will be fun reading and trying.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Sorry I had put it in the January thread.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps :

Sun - 15,185
    Mon - 15,196
    Tue - 17,518
    Wed - 9,989 🤦🏻‍♀️
    Thu - 22,870
    Fri - 14,529
    Sat - 17,313
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

@mari_moulin
    Thank you for starting this group. Without it I would have gained back all my weight plus some. Mindless snacking gets me when my grandkids are around. I bought them a big bag of Cadbury min eggs and I kept grabbing a few when I walked past. So it must be hard when you have to keep snacks for 3 boys. Do you have strategies for that?

I’m really struggling with the snacking recently. Usually brushing my teeth or a sugar free gum does the trick. I don’t know why these last few days have been so hard for me. I’m always thinking of food or what I’m gonna eat next. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,331 Member
    Options
    Sorry I had put it in the January thread.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps :

Sun - 15,185
    Mon - 15,196
    Tue - 17,518
    Wed - 9,989 🤦🏻‍♀️
    Thu - 22,870
    Fri - 14,529
    Sat - 17,313

No need to be sorry ...thanks for updating :)
This discussion has been closed.