Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    good morning.
    Wow! That's a lot of snow, and cold Jo!!! brrrr!!! Glad it was easy to clean up, and you were able to get around to do what you needed to. I hope Sophie's ok.
    Have fun at PetSmart, Ed.
    It's currently 26F here, sunshine and clouds mixed. High 34F. Winds light and variable.
    Need to take care of some paperwork today.
    Wishing everyone a pleasant new week. Stay warm and cozy.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,483 Member
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! We currently have 2 (35 F) clear degrees (feels like -1, 30 F) with an expected sunny high of 15(59 F).

J sprung a new program on me late yesterday afternoon but it was an easy install, and I found my first program bug right away so the day ended with a bang.

I got most of what I needed from PetSmart, but do need to go back this weekend to get Dinah's special canned food. I didn't have a list and was working off memory. I have enough to last nearly two weeks, and the only food I needed to get before the weekend was Orion's special canned food. I got that, and canned food for Kiara and Buttons, though they had more than enough to last through the weekend already. I like to buy it at the beginning of the month and get enough to last until next month, a habit developed due to the pandemic.

Nothing critical on the home front. I did finally get those beef short ribs into my Instant Pot last night for a late dinner, as I had worked an hour over to make up time for my external errands. They turned out just as wonderful as expected and I had them with red lentil spaghetti noodles.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning.
    February already.
    Sounds like a good productive day for you yesterday, Ed.
    I spent some time with the grandchildren yesterday. It's always fun. They grow up so fast, I don't want to miss this. Also cleaned out one storage space in a cupboard. Every little bit helps.
    Didn't get much done on the paperwork yesterday, will try to get some of that done today.
    It's currently 19F, a mix of clouds and sun expected today. High near 40F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Wishing everyone a happy Tuesday. Stay safe and warm.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Currently 7 (44 F) mostly cloudy degrees (feels like 4, 39 F) here with an expected high of 12 (54 F) under cloudy skies and 21% chance of precipitation. It feels like a weather change is coming, and the forecast is indicating rain likely Thursday and, even more so, Friday.

Not a lot on the critical agenda today. I am building my weekend grocery list.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    good morning.
    A little warmer here today too. It's currently 30F, cloudy skies. High 47F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
    House cleaner is coming today, and I will probably stop off at the library later.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. 🐫
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! We have 8 (47 F) rainy degrees now, with a surprisingly warm 19 (66 F) rainy degrees expected. The rain started last night and we have 99% chance of rain today. Tomorrow doesn't look much better, but Saturday is expected to be nice.

Yesterday was another one with too much time in conference calls, but I still managed to get some things done. Today looks like it should be OK, workwise.

For breakfast this morning I finally opened that box of pancake and waffle mix I've had in the closet for a month or two. I've been eating this brand of frozen pancakes and waffles for some time. I have to say that the mix does not disappoint at all, though not quite as convenient as just heating up from frozen.

I have long since learned to eat my pancakes and waffles, usually, with no adornment save, perhaps, a little butter and maybe sugar free fruit spread or fresh fruit. Syrup is a rare and wonderful thing now.

my6udw3sjm52.png

5c812mzz0y9k.png

• eku0
    Options
    Hi,
    Spent most of the morning taking care of some business. Just finished exercising and fixed some spaghetti squash for lunch. Guess the rest of the day is mine.
    It's been raining all day and expected to continue into tomorrow. It's currently 46F, high 47F . Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
    Your pancakes look good, Ed. I haven't had those in a long time. I used to like them with a little bit of cottage cheese, savory rather than sweet.
    Wishing everyone a good Thursday. ☂
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    Just read a page or two to catch up!! Sounds like everyone is doing well despite covid and complications. It makes everything seem more complicated and time consuming for sure!! I was writing to see if anyone kept up with Mike, Roger's brother. He has not posted or answered in too long and I know he seemed to be feeling bad and with his heart problems just a week ago. I am almost sure he must be hospitalized. Anyone know or could check?? I hope you all hang in, have a pleasant week, and stay safe!! <3
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Just now received an email from Mike. I had emailed and called a few days ago, but to no avail. He has indeed been in the hospital, which would explain the lack of communication.
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning.
    Jan, how nice to see you here. Hope all is going well.
    Sorry to hear Mike was not well. Sending healing thoughts his way.
    It's warmer here today, still raining. Cooling off later to winter temps again.
    Currently 50F, a steady rain this morning. Showers continuing this afternoon. Morning high of 55F with temps falling sharply to near freezing. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
    Didn't sleep well, so feeling kind of lazy this morning. Will see what the day brings.
    Happy Friday, everyone. Happy weekend. ☂
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! We have 12 (53 F) rainy degrees now, that feel like 10 (50 F) with a cool 14 (55 F) rainy degrees expected for the high. We have 96% chance of rain today. Tomorrow is expected to be nice.

Not a lot critical on the agenda(s) today.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!
    I received an email too from Mike. Sending prayers his way also. Seems to be a bit more frail lately!! I wish I had time to check in more here! I seem to be just slower and slower!! I hope everyone stays warm and safe. Such waves of different weather seems hard for all. Tornado came over my house location last nite, far up in the air, so thankful I was safe. I may need to look up those pancakes. They look wonderful!! <3
  • eku0
    Options
    good morning.
    Up early again.
    Jan, glad the tornado didn't get you. That can be scary. We had a small one back at our old house. Our mailbox, grill, and some trees and bushes were taken out. Some of the neighbors lost sheds and siding and shingles in addition to the small things.
    Ed, probably more cold weather down your way today too.
    It's cold here. Currently 27F and will stay cold all day. Snow showers this morning. Bright sunshine later. High 29F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
    I put some color in my hair yesterday. It looks better.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. Happy weekend! Stay safe and warm. ❄⛄
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! We have -2 (28 F) sunny degrees now, that feel like -7 (20 F) with a cool 9 (47 F) sunny degrees expected for the high. We have 1% chance of rain today. Tomorrow is expected to be nice as well.

I may get out for groceries today. Or I may wait until tomorrow.

• parityanimal
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! We have -1 (31 F) sunny degree that feels like -5 (24 F), with an expected high of 10 (50 F) under sunny skies with 1% chance of precipitation.

I got out to the store yesterday and was able to get everything on my list. I tried a Kodiak Cakes microwave protein muffin cup for breakfast. It was the blueberry flavor, but had no actual blueberries in it. It was OK though, with some scrambled egg and a sausage patty on the side. It was a nice enough breakfast.

I have some housecleaning to do today. Nothing else critical. I will probably run the dishwasher.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    good morning , Jan I did hear from Mike he is home he was in the hospital not sure what he was in for . take care everyone
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    Jan just read that you also got the e-mail
  • eku0
    edited February 2022
    Options
    good morning.
    Ed, glad you got out and got everything on your list.
    It's currently 19F (-7c) here. brrrrrrr. Sunny. High 37F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Our son and daughter-in-law stopped by for a while yesterday. It's always great to see them.
    Babysat for a few hours last night. Got to say goodnight to our grandson, our granddaughter was already fast asleep. We watched a few hours of Reacher on TV and had popcorn, so was sort of a night out for us too.
    Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday. Stay safe and warm. 🌞
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    We had an ice storm on Friday. Everything was covered in ice. It is still very cold, but the roads are now clear.
    Sending healing thoughts to Mike.
    Jan-it is good to hear from you.
    I am down another lb. I had the walnut maple oatmeal for breakfast. I did not like it, all I could taste was the artificial sweetener. I will be taking that off of my next order.
    Today is laundry day and prepping veggies for the week.
    Have a great day and stay warm! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Up early and already cleaned the cat box, changed the bedding, put in a wash and made cupcakes for hubby and some to take to work. I just need to get in my 30 mins. of elliptical and the rest of the day is for relaxing.
    It should be in the 40's most of the week, hopefully it will melt some of the snow and ice.
    Have a great day! :)