Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @jpedno I'm so sorry about your headache - it feels impossible to do anything when we aren't feeling well - I'm also sorry about your frustration - maybe we can help? Have you been tracking your food? If so, do you know how many calories you have been consuming each day?
  • peng123
    Options
    @rwood566 So impressive that you went to the grocery store that is farther away so you could get those extra steps in! Please tell me more about the skin removal and the process you need to go through to have that done. I'm starting to feel like there's going to be a major tummy tuck in my future...
  • peng123
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

Weigh-in:
    PW: 155.1
    CW: 154.2 (-.9)
    SW: 250

3/9:
    Calories: 1,193
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical and 15 minutes stretching class
    Steps: 13,147

I exercised A LOT over the past week and stayed within my calorie limits every day - and managed a loss of .9 - not what I had hoped for but I will take it - any loss is a victory! I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    The weather here in Oklahoma is so freaking bipolar. I thought TEXAS was... but OK beats TX by 90%.

I tried our last meal from Hello Fresh last night. It's been so fun cooking their meals. I have about 7 recipe cards that I can fall back on if I'm in the mood to try them again.

Hello Fresh is my favorite so far. Green Chef was cool and Martha Stewarts was HARD (for me at least).

Do any of you have favorite grocery meal box deliveries and which one do you prefer?

The weather maybe bad but you got Blake Shelton. 😂 I love Blake! I have never tried any of the meal services. I did consider hello fresh. I was worried about the serving size. My husband is a big eater. He is a construction worker so I think he burns a ton of calories.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,445 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »

Weigh-in:

3/9:

I exercised A LOT over the past week and stayed within my calorie limits every day - and managed a loss of .9 - not what I had hoped for but I will take it - any loss is a victory! I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

That was for 3/8 correct? If not then I need 3/8 thanks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We are off to go on our early morning walk ... Be back later to do the week 1 results for our step challenge :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    6 miles done with Leslie Sansone walking dvd with HIIT....10 minute stretch before and after my workout logged all my food,,,I stayed within my calorie goal...I will be eating 5 servings of fruits and veggies... I will be taking an epson salt bubble bath as soon as I cool down...I drank 120 ounces.. I already posted my NSV...I found a healthy recipe that I already posted and arrived in Washington DC and I gave myself a pat on the back :)

Awesome job! First person to reach Washington.

@lindamtuck2018
    Username: aactuallyaash
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 218.8
    CW (Current Weight): 215.8

Let's Travel update: Currently in Ottawa Canada!

My motivational quote (as well as part of my daily meditation)
    You are worthy of love and well designed <3

Nice loss! Be sure to do some skating on the Rideau Canal while in Ottawa. lol

Username: Beautyofdreams
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 134.4
    CW: 140.8

Those negative thoughts were like a bomb going off. While not sure that have completely dealt with the cause have cheered up by refocusing on goals and taking a look back over the last 2 years. Celebrated my 2 year anniversary today by cleaning out my closets and dresser then donating the clothes, shoes and books.

Could someone please tell me how to start a new thread using an iphone? Haven’t been able to figure it out since MFP updated?

Will resume intentional exercise tomorrow now that the clutter is out of my mind.

Do you think getting close to goal could be contributing to the thoughts? I think it would be scary having to start a new part of your journey. Congratulations on sticking with your weight loss for 2 years. I will read about it in the success thread later.

Jpedno wrote: »
    Sorry I’ve not posted lately.

I weighed myself last Saturday and got kind of discouraged. Plus I’ve had bad headaches lately. I had to go to urgent care today and get a shot of tordol in the butt bc the headache was so bad. I know I can do this but it’s hard. I honestly don’t know if I’m eating enough or too much. Just confused and discouraged.

So @lindamtuck2018 I did weigh myself last Saturday 3/5: 156.8
    Sorry you are not feeling well. Maybe you can eat at maintenance until you are feeling better.
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in for 3/8:
    Steps - 11655
    Calories - about 1850. I think I missed a snack but I can't remember.
    Exercise - walk in the afternoon. 4miles in 1 hr 15 min. I needed a lemon and orange for tomorrow's dinner so I walked 2 miles each way. I walked past 5 other grocery stores so I could get in more steps.

On a good note, I got my consult approved for skin removal. I get it March 28.

That’s dedication to walk to thr supermarket further away to get more steps. Glad you got approved for the surgery. Also, I think a nap is self care. If you are tired, you are listening to your body and having a rest.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Weigh-in:

3/9:

Wow! You are getting so close to the 100 pound lost mark. You must be close to being finished our weekly challenge. What city are you in now?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ✅Close Rings
    ✅Steps 16,382
    ✅Log Food
    Swim 444/1500

Pool was a great temperature yesterday. I was later getting there and I my the pool workout part was pretty vigorous. I decided to jump in the hot tub after and do so stretching. Bad idea. I got really dizzy and felt nauseous. So lesson learned: go earlier or eat before working out if late morning!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/8
    Step count 10,656

Travel challenge
    Completed Ontario, Cardiff and Manila. Total points for Sunday = 30.
    Completed Paris, Dublin, Copenhagen, Ottawa, Madrid, and Bern. Total points for Monday = 60.
    Completed Nassau, Brussels, Bangkok, and Nairobi. Total points for Tuesday = 40.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Awesome job! First person to reach Washington.

Thanks Linda :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/8
    Step count 10,656

Travel challenge
    Completed Ontario, Cardiff and Manila. Total points for Sunday = 30.
    Completed Paris, Dublin, Copenhagen, Ottawa, Madrid, and Bern. Total points for Monday = 60.
    Completed Nassau, Brussels, Bangkok, and Nairobi. Total points for Tuesday = 40.

Missing 3/7 ...I might of missed it and sorry if I did
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    y52zwkgfb8id.jpg

MARCH WEEK 1 RESULTS:
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 107,908 steps
    2nd @lindamtuck2018 99,571 steps
    3rd @peng123 81,769 steps
    4th @rwood566 76,633 steps
    5th @morethanjustanumber 68,300 steps
    AMAZING JOB EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 821,797 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYBODY :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:

@lindamtuck2018 7/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 7/7
    @Pippin20206 5/7
    @red1185 5/7
    @rwood566 6/7
    @tahm42 7/7
    @peng123 6/7
    @morethanjustanumber 7/7
    @mari_moulin 1/7
    @Beautyofdreams 1/7
    @Jpedno 6/7
    @2BThinAgain5 5/7
    @aactuallyaash 7/7
    @melissadreed903 1/7
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):):)
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Calories-under
    steps: 14578
    exercise minutes: 170

i am enjoying the mild weather here today. have a great day, everyone!
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Had an easy breakfast before my workout today. Some greek yogurt with granola. This was also my 'mindful meal' of the day (another SMART goal of my month). I'm excited the weather is coming back to warmth as I would like to enjoy a meal outside and neighborhood watch. I was a little apprehensive of working out today as I felt like my legs were tired. But as I had my meal, I thought about my previous days and how they weren't tired, your girl was just being lazy and wanted to couch surf 😅. I got it done. I may do a different style workout tomorrow as I don't want to get bored, something like a dancing workout perhaps. Meals for the rest of the day will be easy, I love when I have leftovers! Also going grocery shopping this evening so I will get more walking in! Have a great day everyone!
    SMART Goal:
    Meditate on myself at least 3 minutes a day for the month

Currently in Bern, Switzerland! This is so much fun!
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 283 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Thanks for the Canal suggestion! I added it to my ongoing list of attractions I'd like to visit when I find myself oot and aboot :)
    Also, I too am listening to my body and finding out that if I work out too late in the morning and don't break my fast, I feel bad too. Cheers to learning!
  • peng123
    Options

Weigh-in:

3/9:

That was for 3/8 correct? If not then I need 3/8 thanks

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Yes! 3/8! Thank you!!
  • peng123
    Options

Weigh-in:

3/9:

Wow! You are getting so close to the 100 pound lost mark. You must be close to being finished our weekly challenge. What city are you in now?

@lindamtuck2018 Washington DC - I'm all done!
This discussion has been closed.