Replies

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    03/09
    50 minutes strength training moderate
    35 minutes stationary bike 3.6 miles

Happy that there was no drop in strength and that form was improving on squats and deadlifts. Forgot to bring music to listen to while riding exercise bike so was not feeling it. Will remember music tomorrow.

@rwood56. The website, RealSelf, has been helpful to me in researching procedures, getting an idea of what to expect and viewing before and after photos. Hope you find it helpful in answering plastic surgery questions.
  • gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Sunday
    gharvey2753
    SW: 184.2ibs
    Previous: 184.2ibs
    Current: 180.8ibs

Initial target = 165ibs, then look to target 150's

Fantastic loss! What changes have you made that is helping you with your weight loss?

Thank you! The main thing I have changed is introducing discipline. I now record my meals on the tracker which I limit to 1500 calories most of which I try to eat as much protein and I can cut down on cards where possible so instead of a decent portion of rice I will have a small bit of rice but load up on the vegetables and chicken. The other thing I'm doing is weights every day. I wake up at 6am and the first thing I am now doing every day is 100 push ups to get the day going. Later in the evening I will do weights. I also intend to do some cardio this week and look to target 400 cals in that session. I'm gaining muscle whilst losing fat which slows the weight reduction but I'm motivated and will keep going to get to my targets.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Hope your week is going well.
    Check in for 3/9:
    Steps - 6914
    Calories - 1700
    Exercise - rest day turned into honey-do. Took wife shopping for plastic flowers. Why??? Our weather is great for real ones. Lol. Ate lunch out and shared a mahi mahi burrito. Walked around the block to get a newspaper. Food section today.

@Beautyofdreams thanks for the website. I will be looking at it. I also will be talking with a guy who is in the middle of 7 skin removal surgeries. Him and I have lost the same amount of weight but he had bariatric surgery.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    good morning, sorry i have been awol had a crazy busy time and ended up eating my weight in calories …had birthdays and leaving do's coming out of my ears as well as getting a new job …back on track now this is my weigh in sorry guys I gained alot but it will soon be gone!

username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 230.8
    CW 240
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

3/9:
    Calories: 1,185
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 21,030

I had a great day yesterday - hope you did too!

Cara
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/8
    Step count 10,656

Travel challenge
    Completed Ontario, Cardiff and Manila. Total points for Sunday = 30.
    Completed Paris, Dublin, Copenhagen, Ottawa, Madrid, and Bern. Total points for Monday = 60.
    Completed Nassau, Brussels, Bangkok, and Nairobi. Total points for Tuesday = 40.

You are doing great on the challenge. Steps are looking good also.

Daily check in
    Calories-under
    steps: 14578
    exercise minutes: 170

i am enjoying the mild weather here today. have a great day, everyone!

Awesome steps! The weather is changing on the weekend. Looks like Southern Ontario is in for a snowstorm. Next week it is going to warm up again.

@lindamtuck2018 Thanks for the Canal suggestion! I added it to my ongoing list of attractions I'd like to visit when I find myself oot and aboot :)
    Also, I too am listening to my body and finding out that if I work out too late in the morning and don't break my fast, I feel bad too. Cheers to learning!

Yup, I won’t make that mistake again. I am up earlier this morning and I am not getting distracted so I am late going to the pool.

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

Weigh-in:
    PW: 155.1
    CW: 154.2 (-.9)
    SW: 250

3/9:
    Calories: 1,193
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical and 15 minutes stretching class
    Steps: 13,147

I exercised A LOT over the past week and stayed within my calorie limits every day - and managed a loss of .9 - not what I had hoped for but I will take it - any loss is a victory! I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Wow! You are getting so close to the 100 pound lost mark. You must be close to being finished our weekly challenge. What city are you in now?

@lindamtuck2018 Washington DC - I'm all done!

Awesome job! I am 5 destinations behind you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh in Sunday
    gharvey2753
    SW: 184.2ibs
    Previous: 184.2ibs
    Current: 180.8ibs

Initial target = 165ibs, then look to target 150's

Fantastic loss! What changes have you made that is helping you with your weight loss?

Thank you! The main thing I have changed is introducing discipline. I now record my meals on the tracker which I limit to 1500 calories most of which I try to eat as much protein and I can cut down on cards where possible so instead of a decent portion of rice I will have a small bit of rice but load up on the vegetables and chicken. The other thing I'm doing is weights every day. I wake up at 6am and the first thing I am now doing every day is 100 push ups to get the day going. Later in the evening I will do weights. I also intend to do some cardio this week and look to target 400 cals in that session. I'm gaining muscle whilst losing fat which slows the weight reduction but I'm motivated and will keep going to get to my targets.

Discipline is important. I wouldn’t call almost 4 pounds lost small though. Do you think having Covid last week contributed to the loss? I gained weight when I had Covid. I always do when I get sick. 🤷‍♀️

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Hope your week is going well.
    Check in for 3/9:
    Steps - 6914
    Calories - 1700
    Exercise - rest day turned into honey-do. Took wife shopping for plastic flowers. Why??? Our weather is great for real ones. Lol. Ate lunch out and shared a mahi mahi burrito. Walked around the block to get a newspaper. Food section today.

@Beautyofdreams thanks for the website. I will be looking at it. I also will be talking with a guy who is in the middle of 7 skin removal surgeries. Him and I have lost the same amount of weight but he had bariatric surgery.

You don’t have to water plastic flowers. lol Where are you on the challenge?
    jayenguk wrote: »
    good morning, sorry i have been awol had a crazy busy time and ended up eating my weight in calories …had birthdays and leaving do's coming out of my ears as well as getting a new job …back on track now this is my weigh in sorry guys I gained alot but it will soon be gone!

username: jayenguk
    weigh day: Wednesday
    PW 230.8
    CW 240

Don’t be sorry about the gain. The important part is your back and on track.

Happy Thursday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

3/9:
    Calories: 1,185
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 21,030

I had a great day yesterday - hope you did too!

Cara

Your steps are freaking awesome!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Date 3/7
    Step count 10,460

Date 3/9
    Step count 7459

Travel challenge
    Completed Ontario, Cardiff and Manila. Total points for Sunday = 30.
    Completed Paris, Dublin, Copenhagen, Ottawa, Madrid, and Bern. Total points for Monday = 60.
    Completed Nassau, Brussels, Bangkok, and Nairobi. Total points for Tuesday = 40.
    Completed Bucharest and St Andrews. Total points for Wednesday = 20.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Fun Question

For those doing the challenge: Which of the destinations you reached so far would you like to visit in real life?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Fun Question

For those doing the challenge: Which of the destinations you reached so far would you like to visit in real life?

I will go first. I know I should say Scotland because my daughter is there but I have always wanted to go to Ireland. I would visit them all if I could.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Awesome team... We are off for our early morning walk ... Will catch up with everyone later :)
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Fun Question

I would like to go to all of the places on that list that I have never visited - which are all locations except for Nairobi, San Jose and DC!
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    3/9:
    Steps: 2612 (wasn't active at all) *I think I'm getting a bug
    Logged food and under calorie range
    Not a productive day at all.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Fun Question

I would love to go to all but San Jose (since I have been there many times )
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 223.4
    CW: 222.2
    🙂
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    03/10
    50 minutes strength training moderate
    33 minutes elliptical 3.93 miles
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I do not like that our wonderful group is on the quiet side... Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can be more talkative?
This discussion has been closed.