Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,948 Member
    @CMorning99 "I did what any rational person would do...went out and bought a lottery ticket :smiley:" :lol: I would have been very shocked with those numbers too. And, like you said, you shouldn't owe state taxes if you weren't a resident there, but, it is California, so who knows. :wink: I'm glad Grey cat has perked up a little. Good luck with work and tracking calories this week!

@Avidkeo Sorry your weight was back up. Try to concentrate on the fact that your clothes fit better. The scale will go down soon. Just hang in there.

@shanaber I hope you were able to get out for a run/walk and your arm didn't hurt much. Yeah for a good report from DH's doctor. I'm surprised she hasn't told him to lose weight. Were you with him? Maybe she did and he "forgot" to tell you that part. I hope you can get in the habit of nightly walks with him.

I went out for a run this morning before taking mom to the dermatologist. I got a bit of a late start, so decided to run 2 miles and go a bit faster than I have been running. I was pleased that my breathing was some better - not normal, but better. I also ran the last quarter of a mile at an average pace of 9:32 min/mile. That's pretty speedy for me. The entire run was a 12:13 min/mile speed. I also walked one mile total for warm up and cool down.

Funny story that mom doesn't want me to tell everyone because she is embarrassed. The reason she saw the dermatologist was that she had a "growth" in her belly button that was pretty gross looking and she was scared it was cancer - I was too. Her PCP had looked at it and couldn't tell what it was either, so I don't feel too bad about not knowing. The dermatologist was able to move it around and realized it wasn't attached to her skin. It was just a glob of dirt! She has a very deep inny belly button, but she said she uses a q-tip "every once in a while" to clean it. I told her she was going to have to clean it a little more often. Bless her heart. Anyway, that was great news. The dermatologist did find some places on her face and arm that were pre-cancerous that she froze. So, in the long run, it was a good thing that we went.

The daffodil's are blooming and I saw the first blooms on my periwinkle this morning too. More signs of spring - until it snows Saturday.
    d4oy42v3i2g2.jpg
    Daffodils in my neighbor's yard that I saw when running today.

1bzggir4sjkh.jpg
    One of my periwinkle blooms.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Good morning!

@shanaber The only things I did not have to pay taxes on was anything that was joint. Thankfully that was her savings account where she had 1/2 her money. The other half was in an IRA she got from her late husband, so no way to make it a joint, I could only be a beneficiary. I have to take RMDs on it but I think if I take them and roll them into another IRA that may not be taxed. But we wanted to use the money towards the house since some expenses can not be rolled into the construction loan. We did not have to may inheritance tax, just income tax thankfully.

@quilteryoyo I loved the story about your mom! DH had an embarrassing issue like that, he is Hispanic and a bit furry and he got an ingrown hair in his belly button.

Well here I am another day, and sad to say we did not win with lotto ticket #1. Bummer.

Yesterday ended up being kind of a stressful day. I had a conversation with my boss on my duties and how I am not getting to learn how to do things because I am swamped with other stuff. She told me that it will take the program failing before the Commander will assign a second person. Well hekkin you too lady. I went through some inspection checklists and it is obvious that people don't care about these programs, so my boundaries will stand ...no working late and not sweating over it. I got so much push-back on a tasker I sent out yesterday, that I don't even care anymore.

Grey is declining. I don't know if he is sick or a natural progression of his heart failure. Last night he didn't want to eat again. It doesn't help that black cat is acting very territorial lately and beating up grey cat. We come up to tuffs of fluff and I am pretty sure grey cat isn't fighting back like he used. But Grey cat is very lethargic. He does walk around a bit, but not like his long patrols around the house he did just last week. This AM he did eat his meds, I put them in the "kitty crack" and he was happy with that. Gave him another cerenia too. But he went straight back to his heated bed after. DH and I are going to the store at lunch to get another litter box so we can cut the house in half. Luckily neither of the boys ever figured out they could jump on things or over things LOL and they respect a baby gate. We hope that will give grey cat some space when we are not home. If he does not perk up in a day or two, back to the vet. Not thrilled about that after his last $500 belly ache and black cats $300 attitude problem.

I need to get my car cleaned. I got hit with the hard water sprinklers and have horrible water spots now. We took it to the self car wash on base and tried to get them off, but I think the water there was even bad and the care looks worse. I bought a cover for the car for the weekends when I am home during the sprinklers.

Tracked calories last night and did good, even with a bit of a candy attack.

No run this AM. DH charged my garmin last night and we don't know if the battery gave up the ghost in the 3 months it sat dead or if it had so many updates it drained it over night after we unplugged it. Will try again tomorrow.

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @quilteryoyo I had something similar when I pregnant with DD7. It was a spiky thing sticking out of my belly button. I finally pulled it out. So gross haha.

@CMorning99 sad to hear Grey is declining. Hopefully it's something temporary and he will bounce back? Hugs.

Yesterday I decided to make a conscious choice to take a day off of dieting and just eat what I want. It was an interesting experience. I felt awful at the end of the day haha. Too much sugar. Weight today was up but as it was completely expected, I just logged it and didn't care. I'm sticking with daily weigh ins atm because if I did weekly it would just look like it was going up, daily shows the true pattern. It will take a few days for this water weight to drop and maybe it will kick something into happening? I also dropped my deficit from 750 to 500. Maybe I'm not eating enough.

Had call last night. One call out. So normal work today. Only 2 more days then long weekend.

Talked to Mt climb buddy yesterday. Weather looks like rain for Saturday. Might clear Sunday and looking positive for Monday... Fingers crossed
  • quilteryoyo
    @CMorning99 Sorry to hear that grey cat isn't doing well and is being picked on by black cat. I hope your work gets some better. Great job on tracking your calories. I hope your Garmin starts working again. I've never used them, but have heard they have great customer service. Maybe give them a call if you can't get it to work and see what they suggest.

@Avidkeo and @CMorning99 . It's nice to know that mom isn't the only one. LOL

@Avidkeo I hope shocking your body will get it's attention and the whoosh will happen. It is interesting that when you don't eat enough, you can gain. It doesn't make logical sense, but I guess our bodies aren't logical. Yeah for only one call out and I hope the weather is good for Monday Mountain climbing.

I had an interesting food day. I ate breakfast early so I could get to a local high school by 7:45 to help with blood pressure and weight screenings for some of the freshmen. I had told daycare I would come in afterwards to help cover lunch breaks, thinking we would be done by noon. We'll, we didn't finish until 12:40, so I didn't have time to get lunch myself. I did have a protein bar in my purse that I ate. Then, I rushed home to meet with the local volunteer fire department chief. He is going to look at a field I have to see if the volunteers can burn off the sage grass (helps to kill the sage grass and have better grass for hay). He was supposed to call around 4, about the time I got home. So, I just ate a yogurt, even though I was really hungry, so I wouldn't be in the middle of dinner when he came. At 5 I hadn't heard from him, so I called and turns out his kid's ballgame had gotten rescheduled and it was today. He was heading there when I called. (Wish he had had the courtesy to let me know.) Tippy and I walked down to lock the gate and I finished up a mile walk, then came in and ate my dinner - left over half a pork chop on a biscuit, mashed potatoes, green beans, and apple cobbler. It was good, but since the food was made by mom, I can only guess at the calories. I'm sure with the sparse amount I had during the day, I'm not going to be over. Oh, I forgot, I did have some Bugles with the kids for snack at 3 and I'm getting ready to pop me and Tippy some popcorn. Still, should be good calorie wise.

• CMorning99
    Good morning!

Wednesday and 541 days to retirement :smile:

Promotion results should be out at the end of the week. Not holding my breath. And I think I have discussed it before, it probably would just complicate things more since it would maybe trigger a required move. If that happened, I would either need to move or retire earlier than I want. So fingers crossed I don't make it!

Grey cat perked up a bit. He is not back to where he was but feeling better. DH mentioned if maybe he had some sort of cardiac episode. Quite possible since only half of his heart works at this point. We blocked off the hallway to the bedrooms last night so grey cat had his own space with me. I don't know how he felt about it, he didn't meow. He did settle in and find the new cat box and ate all his dinner at 2am...loudly LOL. DH said we should split the house when we are not there, I felt terrible about locking someone out of the living room area where the best nap places are. Finally settled on black cat getting banished to the bedroom half of the house. I did open one of the rooms that has a most excellent people channel and I hope he does not pee on anything.

I tracked my calories again yesterday and was a bit over. I had to estimate as we ate street tacos and I had some red vines. Weight trend is going down again, but too soon tell. I have my calories currently sent at 1550 a day...with exercise according to my apple watch I burn avg 2100 a day. No exercise, 1950.

I have decided that my sergeant that works for me is a tornado. I was glad he was motivated but I am now realizing he is really driven by completion of tasks. Even if he does not have the full answer or right answer. Ne NEEDS to answer the question, send the email, complete a task. Very Type A. Yesterday we got a new tasking in and I said I wanted to walk through it myself. Next thing I know I hear mad typing clicking and he runs off with the answers before I could barely get to the website...and he wanted to go directly to the Commander. Bruh, that is not how this works. Maybe he likes feeling important? Brat.

Woke up early this AM, I am definitely solar powered. I wake up when it reaches a certain brightness, no matter the time. I went for a morning walk/jog. Only 20 mins and 1.5 miles. The longest jog interval was 1 min and by the end my calves were tight LOL. Out of shape is an understatement.

Well, best get back to things here. Have a great one!

• noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    It's been warming up and my seasonal allergies are flaring up. This year it's also killing my appetite. Yay? Maybe I can leverage it to cut down my intake.

@CMorning99 That sergeant sounds like several people I know - including the head of a team at my client's company. Working under her, now that would be fun.

@quilteryoyo I do wish people would have some consideration of other peep's time and mental energy lol. Good job on the calorie tracking despite all that.
  • quilteryoyo
    @CMorning99 Fingers crossed that you don't get promoted. LOL I don't thinks I've ever said that to anyone before, even though there were those that I thought shouldn't get promoted that did. I'm glad grey cat perked up and separating them seems to be working. Wow. You burn a lot of calories every day. If I don't exercise, my Garmin says that I only burn around .... I can't get Garmin connect to open, darn internet. But, I'm pretty sure on days that I just walk a mile, often I only burn around 1500 calories and exercise days are rarely over 2000. It's frustrating. Sounds like you need to figure out how to channel the sergeant's energy somehow. At least he is trying and not lazy. Nice job on your walk/run. You'll get there. One step at a time.

@noblsheep I hope your allergies aren't too bad. I like that you are looking on the positive side.
  • CMorning99
    Good morning!

I was 100% sure that it was Friday today LOL

Yesterday ended rough. Good news, I didn't get promoted LOL. The lady who told me was trying to be so nice to let me know I didn't make it, it was cute. I am not gonna lie, it did sting a big that the AF does not think I am doing enough to get promoted, but also it was a sense or relief that I finally have an answer and a direction. 540 days to retirement and I don't have to worry about having to move again :) I also found out one of my best friends was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. It went from Stage 0 to 3 in less than 4 months. I went home and cried. She is the 3rd one in 2 years.

I did get a lot of work done yesterday though and passed my inspection with flying colors, looking at my program the inspector didn't have a single question :smiley: I was also able to get some stuff done in my primary duties.

Food and calorie count did good. Even though I suggested pizza for lunch. I controlled myself and had 2 slices. DH made baked bass and veggies for dinner (gonna be honest, not my favorite) and it was super low calorie. Even with some red vines and a glass of wine I was under calories.

I am embarrassed today to say sore my quads are LOL Plan to run again tomorrow am. Did anyone follow the Barkley marathon yesterday? If you haven't see the documentary, I highly recommend it...I think it is on Youtube. It is ~100 miles of unmarked mountain trail course, you have to have a map and a compass. The course won again no one finished. 2 guys got close, but one was found in a near town talking to a trashcan and the other missed the cut-off.

I got my email for the ultra I am volunteering for. Folks seem to know each other already, so I hope they are nice and I make some friends. I was telling DH how it has been a year hear and other than mom's friends, I have not made any of my own and it sucks. I generally don't make a lot of friends, may be 1 or 2 an assignment, but they always turn into lifelong friends. I guess I just need to keep waiting for my special someone...the people I have met so far...in the famous words of Shania Twain "you don't impress me much" LOL

Well, I need to heat up breakfast. So hungry and thirsty today.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,387 Member
    @CMorning99 - glad you didn't get promoted and don't have to move but, seriously it is terrible to not be recognized for all you do! I used to hate the patronizing - oh you are doing a great job, you have an excellent review, sorry no raise, no promotion...
    I wonder if black cat is picking on grey cat because he senses a decline and wants to be in charge? Do cats do that? I know dogs do sometimes.
    I have followed Barkley in the past. It is a brutal race. Did not follow it this year.
    Also it is tough making friends as an adult because I think most people have a group of friends they have had for a while and/or are just wrapped up in their own busy lives.

@quilteryoyo - I hate days like that where you are just so busy and your entire schedule gets thrown out. I hope you can get the sage grass taken care of and that the fireman shows up!

@noblsheep - I hope you can get your allergies under control. I have them as well but mostly the result is a runny nose and occasionally a sinus headache. I have never had them affect my appetite though.

I don't believe too strongly in the calorie expenditure numbers our devices give us. I mean I can turn on a workout and sit on the couch and it will say I have burned 200 calories. Without turning on a workout it says 10 for exactly the same effort. Similarly I can do a heavy effort workout or even lifting and moving heavy boxes and furniture without turning on a workout and it shows I did not expend any more than normal, but if I turn on a workout it says I burned 500. These are totally made up numbers for example but the point is the same. The nutritionist gave me a value to work towards (1950 calories/day) and said to eat more on very active (long run, double workout type) days and less on not so active (rest) days. I rarely hit that goal these days, mostly because I am not nearly as active as I was when I was seeing her and especially not now.

Along these lines I came across this article that I thought was timely - it is focused for triathletes but I think it is good information for any endurance athlete (yes, you are ladies).
    https://www.feistytriathlon.com/blog/eat

I was feeling pretty down the last few days. I was starting to think about what else I could do if running became something I couldn't do any longer and I couldn't think of anything else I would want to do (this is actually pretty amazing since I had never ever even contemplated being a runner until a few years ago). Getting out for a walk yesterday that turned into a run, helped. Yes, my arm hated me last night but I am ok with it. I just wish the ortho appointment would get here sooner...

I see the cardiologist on Monday and am expecting it to be a 'you're doing great. See you in 6mos' type visit.

DOn't know if I mentioned the 'weird' people who move into the house across the street. Per the new owner they are short term renters, probably until June. There was a woman and a small child, an older man (her father I believe) and a few other people who seemed to come and go. One in a wheel chair and others on bicycles. There were several cars and a very strange large truck that kind of looked like a large horse trailer. Oh and 2 small (nasty) dogs that chased the mailman over to our house where he got away behind our gate while the dogs were trying to bite him. People came and went during the day and over the weekends the large truck would be in and out of the driveway. This last week they were in the garage until very late and the truck would come and back in waking up the neighborhood with its beeping. Now they are gone... no cars, no people, no truck. Don't know if they moved out, went on a trip, or what, but so strange.
  • quilteryoyo
    @CMorning99 I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope they can get it under control and she goes into remission. Congratulations on NOT getting promoted. Yeah for food. That ultra sounds brutal. I hope you make a friend or two at the race you are volunteering at.

@shanaber Thanks. The fireman did show up. They are going to burn off my field sometime the week of the 21st. As for calories burned, I always thought it was based on the HR. It seems that way anyway because I don't burn hardly any calories at all when walking on the treadmill if my HR stays below 100. I'm glad your run made you feel better mentally. I had similar feelings/wonderings about what I would do if my back was going to prevent me from running. I had started thinking about speed walking as an alternative. I don't know if that would be something you could do or not - but you are going to get better! I wish your ortho appointment was sooner too. The activity at the neighbor's is pretty weird. It makes you wonder what they are doing. I read the blog post. It is interesting and made some good points.

I got my Holter Monitor put on today. I have to wear it for 2 weeks. It's smaller than they used to be, but it is right where my bra strap goes. I can put the strap under the device and over the tape, but it's aggravating. The nurse said I could put the bra strap over it, but that puts too much pressure on it. There are some bras I may not be able to wear. I did put on one of my running bras today, but just went for a walk. The strap barely have enough room to go underneath the device. It doesn't hurt, but fills like it is pulling the tape/skin. I can deal for two weeks. LOL
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    edited March 2022
    Thanks for the well wishes! It's raining today so pollen count is down. Now sneezing less than a million times every hour and can breathe somewhat, life is good again. Still not feeling like eating much, but I'm kind of grazing / eating 6 mini meals and that seems to be working for me.

@CMorning99 Congrats on not being promoted lol. So sorry to hear about your friend.

The ultra community is one of the warmest and coolest bunches I've ever met. One woman in my run club once said her daughter was basically half brought up by race volunteers because she was racing every weekend. Hope you meet interesting people!

@shanaber I agree that movement and getting the HR up is something our bodies definitely need. I don't know if it's too early to be thinking about other kinds of cardio, but cycling and hiking+speed walking come to mind as some pretty enjoyable activities.

@quilteryoyo The monitor sounds annoying (but necessary so...). A doctor once remarked to me that endurance athletes mostly made pretty good patients, since they were already accustomed to managing discomfort.
  • quilteryoyo
    @noblsheep I'm glad you got some rain and your pollen count is down. I guess there is something to athletes making good patients.
  • CMorning99
    Good morning!

TODAY is Friday LOL

I was busy yesterday. We are in the records phase of getting someone deployed - there are 49 memos or training certs that need to go into everyone's record. Seriously AF...just so you can CYA if something goes wrong? We now have 15 people headed out in the next month.

I finally got into the military's new medical record system (pretty sure this is the 3rd one in 20 years), and pulled up my referrals. I have one for neurology for a doctor an hour away, seriously how do they pick these doctors? His reviews look good and I don't think I will have to go very many times. The other doctor though for dermatology...I googled him and he is closer but has HORRIBLE ratings. I know these reviews are subjective b/c you don't complain when you had good service LOL. But on one rate your doctor site he had 11 5 star and 11 1 star reviews. The 1 star reviews were all along the same vein of he was an *kitten* and wouldn't listen to you. A couple of other sites had reviews too...overall he had an avg 2 stars. I called our insurance, military is outsourcing our medical, no more seeing military doctors, and asked to switch. They said the provider had specifically put him in there for "special care" and that the doctor is not in the network. They recommended I message my PCM and ask if there is a reason, if not, I can change it. I found another doctor with way better reviews. So now we wait.

Reselling sales has literally stopped. I didn't make a sale for 2 days! WTF?! I know it ebs and flows but with as much as I have and how consistent I am I expect the number of sales to eb and flow...not stop. I told DH if this was my only income I would be worried right now. Other people are making sales still so IDK. This morning as I was leaving I got 1 sale.

I don't know how calories were yesterday. I forgot to look at them at lunch and then when I went back to fill it in, I got frustrated. Pretty sure I didn't over eat.

This AM is proving rough. I am craving sugar. I was reading an article on Hammer Nutrition about how sugar counters cortisol in the body and that is why you crave sugar in times of stress. I had an allergic reaction to something last night. I was just laying in bed and all of a sudden I had hives all around my mouth and 1 side of my sinuses felt like someone had pour cement in them. I took 2 Benadryl and nose spray and that helped, but I am tired this AM.

I did go for a 20 min walk jog again this morning. So many niggling aches and pains. All out of shape aches but still annoying. My inner thighs hurt, my IT band ached, and my arch ached. I noticed it was mostly in my right leg. And my bunions hurt. I need to go do the doc for that...I don't want surgery, just in my records.

Well better get back to killing the forests.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,387 Member
    @noblsheep - I think endurance athletes are also used to following a plan so in addition to managing discomfort they are disciplined enough to do what the doctor says (mostly).
    I have thought about cycling... honestly it frightens me a bit. I never learned to ride a bike with gears and I don't have a clue what to do with them. The worst part is years ago (many) dh and I bought bikes with the idea that we would go cycling together. They have pretty much been hanging in our garage ever since. Dd used one for a while and put a nice seat on it and got it all tuned up and I tried riding with her and about died. It was before I had been running and working out and my legs literally gave out because I had the gears set wrong. I ended up walking the bike back home ☹️

@CMorning99 - I have had so many friends (and family) of different ages with breast cancer. It is kind of frightening how pervasive it seems to be these days I think because they are catching it more. The good news is they seem to know so much more on how to treat it and there are so many more options now. I hope your friend has good doctors and a good outcome.

@quilteryoyo - hope you get used to the monitor over the next couple of days. I had similar problems with the location of my PM and there were definitely bras I can no longer wear. I was pretty bummed because the sports bras are so expensive and not that old. I also had an issue with the seatbelt when I am driving because it also hits right on top of the PM and pushes on it. If this is a problem for you with the monitor you can put folded towel or something else soft between the monitor and the seatbelt.
    Glad the fireman eventually showed up and got you scheduled for the burn off!
    Have fun with tennis today!

I had a rest day, work around the house day, yesterday and got some organizing of cupboards done. Then I did something I haven't done in a long time. I sat down and read a book (novel) and finished it. I always feel so guilty doing that, like I should be up and doing something but it was really nice.
    Today was going to head out early for a walk/run but the wind is back and howling. I am hoping it will calm down in a bit and I can get out.
  • quilteryoyo
    @CMorning99 Sorry that work is annoying for you. I hope all that are deployed come home safely. I didn't realize the AF was outsourcing for active duty folks. I always seemed to get good care from the military hospitals. That sort of sucks. I hope if you have to see the dermatologist you were assigned that he turns out to be just what you need. Hope your reselling business picks back up soon. That's scary about the allergic reaction. I'm glad Benadryl took care of it. Any ideas as to what it could have been? Nice job on your 20 min wog!

@shanaber The seat belt doesn't bother me too much, but it does ride on top of the monitor. I was thinking about putting something between it and the belt. I'm thinking if there was an accident, that would really hurt! Yes, I would be annoyed if I couldn't wear some of my bras ever again too. Like you said, they are so expensive. Yeah for your rest day yesterday and for giving yourself permission to sit down and read a novel for enjoyment. I'm like you and rarely let myself do that, but when I do, it feels so good. I hope you were able to get out for a run/walk.

I played doubles tennis this morning with the talkative group. ..and there was more talking today than usual. While playing, I was asked if I could come into work after I finished, so I worked from 1 to after 3:30. It was still 66°F and clear when I got home at 5 pm, so I went out to enjoy the weather before the snow hits tonight! I didn't want to run a lot, so I did a 2 mile wun. It felt good. I dread tomorrow and Sunday's temperatures. I may have to pretend like I'm a bear and hibernate.
  • Avidkeo
    Hey all.

I'll go back and read. I took a few days off for mental health. Ate everything and felt like garbage. Never want to do that again. Weight naturally went up a bit but am back on the wagon without too much trouble today so that's a relief. Ended up 4 days off.

7 days in the row of work was my ultimate undoing. I go so tired mentally and physically. Just didn't care any more. Yesterday I just felt awful, achy, scratchy nose. Thought I might have caught that thing but test was negative. I think i was just so tired. Felt much better today.

Still hoping to climb the mountain in 2 days. It's about 50/50 atm. The biggest worry is cloud now. Probably going to go out and see how far we can go.
  • Avidkeo
    Oh and I'm an aunt!! My brother had his first child today. Baby is in NICU atm but will be OK. Mum is recovering. Long labour that ended in csect. They are in Australia, so it will be a while before I get to meet her. Its very cool!
  • quilteryoyo
    @Avidkeo Congratulations on becoming and Aunt. It's great that we live in an age where you can get some instant pictures and share in the joy, even if you aren't there in person. Glad you are back on the wagon. You can do it. Just remember how awful you felt after eating garbage for 4 days the next time you are tempted to do it again.

We have about 3 inches of snow and the temp is 25F with a breeze and no hopes of warming up today. I would love to get out and take a walk with Tippy, who loves this weather. But, I'm not sure I am up to it. Soooo cold after wearing short sleeves comfortably yesterday. It is beautiful though.
  • Avidkeo
    Hey guys!

Well i made it up, and down the mountain!!
    dpmyl6pwwf2a.jpg
    ge2iuvle84sb.jpg
    ncc5wp6trd8h.jpg
    ki45aba1w1fy.jpg
    fqj3xoypo6um.jpg

Going up was awesome, I loved it. The climbing was great and I would absolutely do it again.

Going down... Another story. Its really steep with lots of rocks and loose stones. And the soles came off my hiking boots about 1/3 of the way down. This made things a lot harder and it took way longer than it should. But I made it, in one piece and undamaged. Well mostly undamaged haha.

My legs, especially my knees, are in agony. It was 5hrs up, and 4.5 down.

Absolutely worth it. And definitely an once in a lifetime trip!
  • quilteryoyo
    Congratulations on your climb @Avidkeo ! I can't imagine coming down without the soles on your boots! Good grief. Talk about horrible timing. I'm glad you made it relatively undamaged. It's beautiful.