Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@avidkeo Congrats on being an Aunty! Best job in the world! Those views are amazing, and the shoes...well they will add a bit of extra spice to your experience LOL. 7 days of working straight will do that too you. We used to do that for military exercises, 13hr days for 7 days straight, 1 day off and then 7 days on. By the 3rd day I was living off of McD's and eating all the candy.

The weekend went well, lawdy I needed it. Saturday was a slow day, I ran up to the ranch to drop some stuff off, get the mail, etc. Nothing exciting. We got the well certs back, we are right at 5 GPM. But oddly in our water test we tested positive for total coliform. I am not 100% what it is, but it is a natural bacteria in the soil and it can be an indicator you have other bacteria in the soil that may contaminate your water. We tested negative for anything else, but it is a bit of a grey mark on your well record. I think there can be a lot of false positives too, our first test did not show it I think. DH was on a cleaning kick on Saturday (not mad about that LOL). We had movie night, wine, Thai, and ALLLLL the salty snacks. Doh. Sunday was another slow day, DH and I did our grocery shopping. He wanted to make some sort of seafood bake, he ended up spending $75 on the ingredients!!!! It was good. He bough lobster tails and we laughed so hard because we were standing over the sink trying to figure out how to eat them without stabbing ourselves. Yeah, we are spoiled and the restaurants always did it for us LOL

Grey cat is hanging in there. There is a definite change though in his behavior. The splitting the house is going ok, I don't think whoever gets the back of the house is overly happy, but I think grey cat likes it because he can eat when he wants. I think we hit a good milestone in black cat's chemo, He is is putting on so much weight, he was emaciated when we started and he has gained probably 3lbs since we started about 10 months ago.

Sales picked up for the weekend a bit. I am about where I was last month at this time. I got a return request, it is actually a bit funny in an eye rolling sense. I sold a brand new sweatshirt. I got a return request b/c there is "horrible smell" and she said it smelled like "body odor and not sure what else" but when she tried it on it "made her puke" and she felt it was "dangerous and unhygienic". The platform she bought it on does not allow returns for size, only for issues. I really really wanted to comment back, "Sorry the shirt didn't fit". I am very certain she is trying to force a return. I don't have a problem with them, it is the sites policy not mine. I offer then on eBay.

This AM I was listening to a youtube lady that does motivation, life coaching and such. She said that all the negative energy we are exposed to in the news and near us will bring us down. We will feel sick, tired, fat, and generally terrible about ourselves. She said more than ever we need to do our gratitude exercises. IDK but that really struck me and I restarted my routine of during my drive in (which is about 5 min) turning off the radio and saying out loud what I am grateful for.

Going to try AGAIN on being more mindful about eating. No more buying candy to have at work to "ration out". I think I did well last week, not enough, but a step in the right direction.

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Thanks @quilteryoyo and @CMorning99

I've got all sorts of aches and pains, mostly DOMS. oh im going to be really sore tomorrow, it usually takes a day to really kick in. Mostly my quads and lats. Probably from the climbing haha.

I have work today, angio so mostly sit down do nothing kind of work. That's a relief. I'm on call tonight. And tomorrow night. Tempted to give it away but it's money. I think I'll do tonight and see how I go.

@CMorning99 glad your sales have picked up, and sorry that lady put in a crazy request haha. Glad the cats are doing OK. Can you get the well retested? Is it something you can easily deal with?
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo - congratulations to your brother and sil and to you too!! I hope you get to see the new little one soon!
    That hike up the mountain was awesome! Did you go with friends or a group? My quads always hurt after a lot of downhill stabilization and my calves from going up. Hope you aren't too sore today and that you don't get many call outs!
    @CMorning99 - glad things are going better on the resale front. Interesting on the return... I think I would figure something less ludicrous as an excuse though 😂
    Is there any kind of treatment that can be done for the coliform bacteria?
    That is great news that black cat is gaining weight again - always a good sign. 3lbs on a cat is a lot!
    @quilteryoyo - is it still cold and snowy or has the weather reversed itself to the opposite pole again?

I had a rough day yesterday and last night. My arm was making life miserable so I took some Tylenol to get through agility class, which worked and we had a really fun class. The Tylenol must have worn off in the middle of the night though and I had the worst time getting comfortable. The overall achiness is back too. Tylenol doesn't seem to help it so overall I was a mess. Today is better and I want to do another of the Base3 workouts from RunSmart. I have to 30 day $1 trial and I am not sure I want to pay for a year of it. I was hoping maybe I would like it enough to motivate me to do more cross training but there is so much of it I can't do, like anything other than a standard plank and even then I have to focus most of my weight on my good arm. They do sets of side and star planks that I just can't do right now. I haven't progressed far into it enough to know if there is a lot I can/can't do but it is kind of depressing especially if my arm is going to take another long while to heal.

In the saga of the weird neighbors... they're baaaack.... The big truck returned today with all of its loud beep, beep, beeping.... Hobbes really hates it and it sets him off barking when he hears it just coming into our cul-de-sac.

@swenson19d - how are those puppies and kitties doing? Has Kevin learned any show tunes on the piano yet?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @CMorning99 I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend and the black cat is doing better. Sorry that grey cat isn't improving though. It's great that your sales have picked up. Good luck with the gratitude time, it can make a difference, and your eating. If I don't buy it, I can't eat it is my mantra.

I hope you soreness goes away soon @Avidkeo .

@shanaber The weather has made another up turn. It was 63F today. I think it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow, but rainy. I'm sorry your arm is causing you so much pain. I can see why you wouldn't be able to do planks. They hurt my arm and shoulders and I don't have any injuries. Maybe you can wait to get the full subscription until your arm is better. Sorry the weird neighbors are back. Tippy would hate that too.

• CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning folks!

@shanaber Pain is so frustrating. I have so many aches and I don't even want to go bother with the doctor. Mom got so frustrated because they would just throw narcotics at her. I took a tall kitchen trash bag to the pharmacy after she passed.

Well, court was a bust, yet again. The defense lawyer said that LS still had not been seen by a mental health provider and we are right back where were were in Jan with the request he be seen in another county (provider already selected of course) since 1 of the 3 providers in our county adopted mom's dog. The Judge had also not looked at the motion to remove him, interesting he can make a ruling on a motion about him. So due outs for next week are Court check into requested Dr, Defense checks into our county Drs. Court is on Thursday which is usually in person, so I am curious if the Judge is getting annoyed and dragging everyone in.

I finally looked up to see how I ranked in the promotion and I actually scored higher than I ever have. The Commander wants to have a meeting on my "way ahead" even though I told him I am retiring. I don't know if he is really trying to help or just wants free leaders because he won't let it go that I technically have 1 more try (4 months before my retirement date). I told him I need to start making plans.

Still have not heard from the draftsman. My builder (bless his heart) reached out to him and was told he would call me yesterday. He never did. Builder reached out again and and I was promised an email today. Builder did say he had 1 more he knew of, but he is twice as expensive. At that rate, I wonder if it would be easier to build a "semi" custom home on already approved plans...or scrap this whole crazy idea.

I think I had my first anxiety attack the other night too, I was laying in bed and my HR was 90 BPM. I wasn't particularly worried about anything at that moment and I laid there for 20 min deep breathing and doing everything I could think of to slow it down. I looked at my sleep app and it said it finally dropped to normal a few hours later. I don't know why it is so foreign to me that I would be experiencing that. My therapist does not get how I lock it all way. I think a lot of it is how I think of these things, they are problems that I need to deal with...like anything else. At least that is how I mentally deal with it, physically seems to be another area I can't control.

I am still doing my gratitude on my way in: I am grateful for my job and home. I am grateful for the people who come into my life to help me. I am grateful for the opportunities that are coming to me when I retire. I am grateful for the home we will build soon. (some of these things aren't here yet, but going to be grateful anyway).

I did a 20 min walk/jog yesterday. My first bruise showed up on my calf. I always get weird bruises when I start running after a long break. My hip started hurting again already too. I know for a fact it is not inflamed after 3 months R&R. I know it got better when did an core workout every other day for a month...so chalking it up to flabby guts.

Haven't tracked calories all week. Haven't weight. I want to care, but struggle is real.

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @swenson19d - how are those puppies and kitties doing? Has Kevin learned any show tunes on the piano yet?

No. I think he is a stubborn savant though. He was opening the front storm door a few days ago and now just looks at you to do it for him. It's the same look he gives me with the piano. The tasks are beneath him. He stinks. Its doggie bath time but Im paying someone to do it. He likes baths, just my back & hip are tried of furniture shoving.

I still need to coordinate doggie day care.

New furniture and spring break equals nesting. I'm just about happy with the new arrangement. I need to move cat shelves around. I found dog blankets for the couches, hooray!

Beanie (diet cat) had an emergency vet visit a week ago. She had a 4 inch long opening on the right hip down the tail. Vet said it was down to muscle. Not really sure what happened, no blood or pus. She had an abscess there months before, perhaps it opened. She has prob 20 stitches, but shes doing well.

I should drag the dogs out to the dog park. but my car is on the list of things to clean, it's muddy. Thanks Kev'n.

ETA How your arm? I need to catch up, will go read.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    My space has been taken over by dogs. Every time I set up an area to be my own, DH or the the dogs take it. I bought a giant bean bag ad Kev has claimed it. Which is fine, if he can just use it without me. Ya'll tell me they outgrow wanting to be no more than a foot from me? or one me constantly.
    Not the colour I wanted, but I refuse to pay an extra 20-30 bucks for a different colour. Cheapest was chocolate. Apparently it is a thing. I bought couch blankets for the dogs, water proof and chocolate was the cheapest there too. Kev already put a hole in one. Maybe when they are older Ill get different colours, The chocolate matches the couch anyhow. 5p4ih3sxkjhp.jpeg
    ...and there is no room to sleep in the bed. They must transition to doggie beds soon.
    bvdpzuo4v11o.jpeg
    Kevin thinks he goes with me everywhere.
    krola4hlcqaw.jpeg

Hope everyone is well. I ate good for two days then didnt lol!
  • quilteryoyo
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @CMorning99 Sorry about the court system and dragging everything out. That has to be so frustrating. It's interesting that you scored higher than you ever have, but didn't get promoted. Any ideas why? Fate? I hope you can find a draftsman that will meet with you soon. Was that an anxiety attack or AFib? So many people I know are having AFib and heart issues after having CoVID. Did you ever test positive? I can't remember. I love your gratitude list. It always helps me to think about the things that I'm thankful to have when I'm down. Hope you can get in some more walking/jogging and that your body quits acting up when you do.

@swenson19d Kevin sounds so cute and maybe just a little spoiled. LOL I hope Beanie is doing well. I may be hard to transition Kevin and Sandy to a doggie bed now that they are used to being on your bed. Good luck with that. Tippy wants to go with me every time I go somewhere too, especially in the truck.

I got my new Garmin in the mail day before yesterday. I like some of the new things that it measures, but I think it needs some work on the sleeping front. I went to bed at around 11:30 last night and had the alarm set for 4 so I'd get up by 4:30 to get ready for work. I opened today at daycare (6:30 am). I felt like I was awake all night, looking at the clock to see what time it was. Garmin says that while I didn't sleep long enough, my body was recharged well. Think again Garmin. Think again. LOL

I left work at 9:45 to go play tennis with my Friday group. I was glad that they didn't need me to come back to cover lunch breaks because I'm not sure I would have been able to stay awake listening to lullabies and watching the kids sleep. LOL

After I got home I did my mile walk on the driveway and then lazed on the couch - napping a little. That helped. But, then it was too late to really get into anything big. Maybe I'll have more energy tomorrow.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @quiteryoyo You will have to give garmin a few weeks to get a baseline before believing or entertaining anything it says. I felt it was quite accurate with sleep compared to the Apple Watch.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @swenson19d I know the more data it has the better it will be. I just thought it was funny that I didn't feel like I slept at all and it said it was restorative. LOL
  • shanaber
    Options
    @swenson19d - had to laugh at Kevin sitting at the door waiting to have it opened for him. We have a doggie door in your patio screen door and Hobbes happily goes in and out until he decides for whatever reason to refuse to go through it and waits and whines (to let you know it is urgent) until one of us lets him out. We are pretty sure he is just reminding us that we are his servants.
    Hobbes follows me around still but he often just finds his own spot too. It depends on what else is going on. Today dh was upset about something he had done (he disconnected our cable/internet connection) and Hobbes was sure he was angry with him (bad words were flying) even though dh was paying him no notice. Hobbes as a result was glued to me for hours, followed me from room to room and wanted to be as close to me as possible.
    Hobbes would love that bean bag too! We have 'dog' blankets for the couches too. A couple from Eddie Bauer that are always on the couch and then I have been buying these really soft seasonal blankets from Target for $10. Hobbes loves them and snuggles under them.
    I agree with @quilteryoyo that you may have a problem getting them to sleep in their own beds now. Maybe try at least starting off with them in their own beds to allow you to get in and get comfortable before they join in... or try limiting them to where they can be on the bed?
    Question on your ruggables... how does BOB work with them? Does he get tangled up with the rug cover? I am thinking about getting my own BOB... I do love the rugs!

@quilteryoyo - hope you like your new Garmin and that it gets the data it needs to be tuned to your patterns, sleep and otherwise. I like my Apple Watch and with the improvements the sleep monitoring seems better. It also sometimes thinks I am asleep when I am watching TV or working at my desk.

Arm - I see the ortho on Tuesday afternoon. It is tolerable until I move it the wrong way or try to lift something and get a jolt of pain and then aching.

I think the arm pain was masking the auto-immune tenderness/soreness. As the arm is not as sore, I have realized how much I hurt everywhere else. It comes and goes and I have had some good days and some bad days with it. I am still taking the new meds and hoping it will help in the long run.

DH's 74th birthday (!!) is Tuesday and I need to figure out something special to do/make for him. He wants to bbq steaks for dinner. I was hoping we could go out but it is up to him. We are also having the outside of your house painted this week and they are coming tomorrow to power wash it all around.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber Love your stories of Hobbes too. I do like my new Garmin. I need to find time to play with it and customize some of the setting and the face. I'm glad you are getting to see the ortho tomorrow. Sounds like your DH's birthday is going to be full of activity. Happy Birthday to him, btw. My late husband and I always had grilled steak on special occasions, but he was not one to like to go out much. Grilled steak at his house was what we did on our first date so that meal held a special place in both of our hearts.
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning!

We have a BOB, I don't love it. I need to pick up a bunch of stuff before I turn it loose (cat food/water), mats. It also gets stuck in a particular area and I come back an hour later and it is still going in the same room. We have the Roomba.

@shanaber I hope you get some answers on your arm!

@quilteryoyo I just guessed it was anxiety, made sense based on the circumstances. I have never had any heart issues other than the occasional palpitation. I thought about making an appt but you have to word it so carefully because as soon as you mention your heart or chest pain, they send you to the ER.

This weekend was busy! I had to be up at 4:30am on Saturday to be out the door by 5am to drive 80 miles to the the aid station I was working. I didn't realize it was so remote and I ended up having to pack 10 gallons of water out to the station from the fire road. It wasn't far, maybe .25 miles, but ouchy I hurt LOL I had a blast helping, it was a tough race, 35 miles through canyons with 11K feet of climb. I saw lots of blood, puke, and tears. Our station was at the halfway point and the runners had to come down a really steep hill to us...which they promptly had to go back up...evil. I met a lot of really nice folks, no one I really clicked with. I worked till about 2pm (9hours) and then had to drive home. I barely ate and had 2 small bottles of water. There were obv no bathrooms and and the natural facilities had poison oak everywhere so I only braved it twice. I came home shoved a frozen burrito in my face, took a shower (smelled amazing from all the helping with packs and such) and was in bed and slept for 13 hours.

I woke feeling like a truck hit me Sunday but needed to get to the ranch for burn day. We had to start early b/c the wind has been picking up around 1pm. We worked on burning all the big branches that would not go through the chipper and right on schedule the wind came so we had to hurry and bury the fires. (lots of shoveling). I ran a few errands and came home smelling like bbq and tired.

This week is a big push to get our deployers out and we have a base exercise. Not looking forward to it.

Draftsman promised me an invoice last week, never got it. Need to go sign the tax stuff today. Guess I better get to it.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    Glad you had a good time volunteering for the race. That's a lot of water to have to carry. You got a good workout just from that. Sounds like a very productive weekend. I hope the base exercises go well.
  • swenson19d
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @CMorning99 I love the roomba bob. Yes, I have to pick up dog toys, shoes, and gather the big stuff. But it does a better job that I do. It currently runs 3 times a day. Thats how horrible the mess is! Kevin asked for a bath last night, and I happily bathed him. Today he is covered in mud... already. It does a great job with the pet fur.

@shanaber bob has no problem with the rugs. The living room rug is the extra thick padding and it has to put a little more effort in to getting over it in certain areas. But I never have to help it. It also is fine with the standard thickness rug pad. The rugs are very secure against the pad. Kevin likes to dig it upside down and chew the padding. I have to put cayenne pepper on it. ugh puppies. I washed the living room rug twice. It is easier to handle after being washed a few times. The bedroom one needs washed but is under the bed and dresser, im not up to fighting it just yet.

EtA We have the doggie door to the back in the storm door, but Kevin thinks he needs out front, just in case walkers want to meet him.

Sandy keeps bring me a chew toy to nibble, then I throw it... Shes feeding me. haha!
  • swenson19d
    edited March 2022
    Options
    It stormed Monday and the sky was bright to the northwest and dark in the southeast. I noticed a few cars slow down in front of our house. so I step out to have a look at what they are looking at. Naturally I only see the rainbow and call Eric out and grab a few photos. What I missed at the time was the tornado. There was one that touched down about 645pm but my pics are at 713. so I'm not a meteorologist... perhaps Ill forward it one. toupdaf8oe4o.jpeg
    qeqfgqxrwcgr.jpeg notice Kevin found a low spot and loves sticking his nose in the water and blowing bubbles.
    And unfortunately a local vehicle accident made national news yesterday. Claimed the lives of 6 girls, some or all were students where my kids went to HS. I assume Blake Shelton will offer to raise funds for them. He's been very supportive of the community. DD hit him with a snow ball once in the grocery store parking lot.

I got crowded out of bed so im up way too early. Im used to staying home but have 3 things to do today and am fretting about it. 2pm Bean gets her stitches out, I gotta meet a gal at 6 40 miles away for eggs on the way to class at 7. It doesn't seem like a lot, but I dun wanna leave the house.

@shanaber and all. The male classmate drunk text me the other night. I mean, it was civil. Just "oh drunk me spilled wine on my book, what are we doing this week?" me:👀... the assignment is posted onliiiine...👀 psychotic disorders. IDK. what a goof.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @swenson19d Love the rainbow. That cloud does look sort of tornado-ish. I'm glad it didn't touch down any closer to you. They are so destructive. I didn't hear about the accident. So sad. It's a little funny about your drunk male classmate. Sounds like you made a good decision to ignore him. LOL Good luck with everything today.
  • swenson19d
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @swenson19d Love the rainbow. That cloud does look sort of tornado-ish. I'm glad it didn't touch down any closer to you. They are so destructive. I didn't hear about the accident. So sad. It's a little funny about your drunk male classmate. Sounds like you made a good decision to ignore him. LOL Good luck with everything today.

There was a touchdown about 30 minutes before this shot. we had severe weather. Its hard to think the shot is cool when it caused so much damage and a life lost. we had a horrible fire the day before that got out of control at the park were dh and I ran
  • shanaber
    Options
    @swenson19d - I have to say I was doom-scrolling the weather for Ardmore to see if you were safe. it is so scary that it came so close to you! The rainbow is pretty though... did the dogs react any differently?
    I did see the news on the 6 HS girls - so very sad and I can't imagine what their parents are going through. Have you heard anything on what caused it? I was thinking weather related but haven't really seen anything.
    I love that Kevin needs to be out front in case walkers want to meet him! If we had a fenced front yard I am pretty sure that would be Hobbes too!

@cmorning99 - the race support sounds intense but fun. Hope the draftsman gets back to you!

I saw the ortho late yesterday afternoon. Not great news but not unexpected. He is sure that I have a complete tear of the long head of my biceps tendon and I need another MRI to confirm (waiting for them to coordinate the scheduling with the PM technician). Assuming it is confirmed I will likely be scheduled for arthroscopic surgery. In the meantime I am not allowed to lift anything and he said only light personal care - no cleaning, no cooking, no gardening, etc.. even offered to write me a note if needed 😁 The good news is I can run, as long as there is 'no pain'. I still have bruising and he thinks the tear is still angry so nothing that will make it any angrier.
    We are puppy sitting Beaux the Vizsla puppy for a week the 1st week of April and hopefully I can manage it without doing any more damage.

It is really, really hot here these few days (over 90F already). We are having out house painted outside and they have wrapped all the windows and doors in plastic except the garage. They also wrapped the air-conditioner condenser. The house stays reasonably comfortable during the day but has been so hot in the evenings. I would never turn the air on at this point, just open the windows is typically enough but we can't, so tonight dh took all the plastic off the condenser and we turned the air on... hopefully we will sleep tonight! It should be cooler by the weekend.

My weight is up 3lbs and seems to be pretty stable there. I am hoping getting in some walks and runs when I can will keep it under control until I can get the arm sorted and back to my regular routine.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hey guys.

Been Mia because it took a while to recover from the mountain summit. Then I had a LOT of work. So many call outs. I was exhausted.

I'm back. Hope everyone is OK. I see @shanaber is having bicep issues. I'm sorry to hear that. And some crazy weather for @swenson19

My left calf is playing up again so no running for two weeks. No idea what weight is, haven't weighed in a couple of weeks. It can't be too bad cause clothing fits OK, but I know I'm eating too much so that won't last long if I don't bet back under control.