Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Sorry to hear your diagnosis, but maybe with the surgery it will be fixed "better" and won't happen again anytime soon. It is so hard to not be able to lift and do things you are used to doing. You'll have to do all things with Beaux with your other arm so he doesn't pull it. I would think that would not be good. I hope you can get the MRI and surgery soon. It's good that you can run and walk at least. I hope you were able to sleep better with the AC on.

@Avidkeo Nice to see you back after some busy days. I've not been eating like I should either. I keep saying I need to do better and try, but then the daycare has extra food at lunch that sometimes looks really good, so I cave. Some day......

I take my Holter monitor off today and mail it to TX. It will probably be another two weeks before I get the results. I've actually felt almost normal for the last few days. It will probably start acting up worse as soon as the monitor is off. I just hope it caught whatever is going on and we can do something about it, easily....unless it has decided to fix itself.
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @shanaber I haven't looked into what happened to cause the accident. That intersection is dangerous. traffic is coming out of town speeding up along a 90 degree curve and a highway connects to it that is suppose to come to a full stop.
    The Roda coming in from the top is the full stop. It looks to continue across that road, but does not. That road is a residential road, back road we'd take to go home from Ardmore. The left to right road does not stop and is entering Tish. speed limit is prob 45 right there but drops to 35 just after that curve. From prelim reports it looks like the kids were making that right from the stop, prob to the back road to head back to HS. Seems it was at lunch time and they can go off campus. The intersection there also has "Murray Flats" an old restaurant/inn converted to student housing. I assume they (car) pulled out in front of the truck. Poor guy must be devastated. Hes a volunteer firefighter. Hope he gets the help he needs and they dont turn this in to a witch hunt. The driver was only 16. And legally should not have had 5 passengers in a 4 passenger vehicle. And I think the law is still is that they must have an adult if carrying passengers. or only one. xikg5wwwe725.png
  • quilteryoyo
    edited March 2022
    Options
    That's so sad @swenson19d .
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d - it looks like such a dangerous 'intersection' where many things could go wrong even for an experienced driver, let alone a 16yo distracted with all of her friends. So sad for everyone. The truck driver has to be a mess and I agree I hope he gets some help.

Welcome back @Avidkeo! Glad you made it through your busy, busy days and hope you are all recovered! That is really curious about your calf. I wonder what is causing it to get cranky so off and on.

@quilteryoyo - hope you get the monitor results back quickly. I guess I have been pretty lucky with mine - I had to return it to the doctors office, saw him and got the results reviewed all at the same time.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

We have had network issues all week so I have been doing the bare minimum and finally catching up today.

@shanaber I am glad you got some answers on your arm and you are 1 step closer to hopefully resolving the pain.

@quilteryoyo The waiting is the hardest part!

Just a few things this week. I got my bloodwork back on my hormones. My DHEA-S is low - I looked and it is produced by the adrenal glands and is susceptible to stress and poor diet. The other low was the Thyroid hormone that has a T in it...can't remember. Again stress and diet. No meds for now since they are not extremely low. I was told I need to work on my stress and eat better. Oh and exercise more as that stimulates the DHEA-S. I feel like they know me LOL The Doctor pretty much said I am burned out and need to recharge. Recheck in 6-12 months if I am still tired.

We had court this week. The motion to dismiss the judge was denied. Also denied was the request to have an out of county mental health doctor evaluate. I looked and I know at least 2 of the 3 doctors are local. Interestingly the shrink that adopted one of mom's dogs was assigned to the case. We "should" have the reports by 26 April.

We have another round of inspections going this week on the property. Sniffing for rare pollen and another for them tell me we have sand and it soaks up water. I have not heard from the draftsman for another week after he told me he would have the invoice and contract to me the day I talked to him. I am going to send him some more info and give him 1 more out. I asked DH what he thinks we should do if he ditches us too. Keep with the custom build? Go with a pre planned home? Screw it all? LOL

I had a long talk with a friend about PD. She is really good with people. She said he is all about power and he feels powerless against me and so he is trying to bully and intimidate me. It is interesting b/c he has all the power according to the county. She also said it was interesting he was throwing out that he would pay so much for me to move the driveway, she wonders if he is having money issues and so he feels he needs to brag? exaggerate? Her recommendation was just to stay away from him and not engage. She said she would better mark our front boundry...it already has a good fence but mom offset it a bit from the actual property line. I might have someone go down there at some point and put a fence right on the line when I redo fencing. If he gets uppity, I will just tell him that I am increase security based off of what happened.

I am getting a new Amn. She is evidently difficult. She takes a lot of time off of work due to her child. She is married but seems to have lots of appts for kid that only she can do and "can't" work late. I have always struggled with that. The military specifically says you need to have childcare but at the same time they say family first. She has already sent me a list of appts for every day of the week next week. I was really looking forward to not dealing with that again. I guess she is so disgruntled she is talking about getting out in Oct.

I better get back to it.

• swenson19d
    Options
    I bought fresh eggs today and wound up with a scrawny kitten. Dh says she can’t stay. That’s fine. But Kevin already loves her. Bet she stays. I named her Mallory.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @swenson19d Mallory has a lot to put up with! She seems very good natured.

I was reading about the accident you mentioned. Seems like just a young inexperienced driver who rolled through a stop light following another car. Terrible. My friends from high school and I are meeting up for our annual get together this weekend and so I was thinking about all the times our little group of friends nearly had tragedies. My best female friend nearly killed my high school boyfriend (off and on - we both dated him at one point or another) - flipped a dodge diplomat end over end down a ravine and into the branches of a tree! They were both wearing seatbelts and so came out nearly unscathed, except that his arm went through the windshield and severed an artery just above the elbow. He still has a big keloid scar. Just being a dumb kid driving recklessly on a country road, but they could so easily have been one of those news stories. Then there was the time he was car surfing with another friend and jammed on the brakes and the friend went over the hood!

My husband’s teen story has to do with a sleepover. He was the only one of his friends with a car and his mom told him he had to be in by 10 pm and not leave his friend’s house after that. Well, long about three am, the group of boys decides they want snacks and nothing in the house will do, they have to go to the all night convenience store. They don’t want to wake the friend’s parents so they put the car in neutral and roll it down the driveway (not realizing that without power steering it’s much harder to turn) and directly into the brick mailbox surround, scratching the bumper and flattening the mailbox. Well, after that, they figured they were in huge trouble no matter what so they got sandwiches and slurpees and instead of going home drove around at high speeds - at which point my husband lost control of the car, it went airborne, and ended up upside down with the front end smashed into a tree. They kick themselves free of the wreckage and are standing there looking at the totaled car. His friend says, “Well, at least I don’t think anyone is going to notice the bumper.”

Good lord, it’s a miracle any of us are alive today. God be with all dumb kids everywhere and keep them safe!
  • swenson19d
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @rheddmobile Yes you are right about what happened. They concluded the accident investigation yesterday evening. Dh said that the driver had a heart attack. I said no he didnt. he said yes he did. I said NO, I read the report... he said the poor driver had a heart attack the evening after the accident. Well. That I can believe. He's like talking to someone with limited cognitive abilities. Anyway. Poor driver.

Dh is keen on keeping Mallory. He called her Matilda which I kinda like. May call her Tilly. She is absolutely too calm with the pups. Nothing seems to rattle her. And she prefers dog kibble over cat. She is just a hair over 2 pounds and is skin and bones. Shes been eating since home and got her first wormer dose. The dogs ate poop outside so they got wormers too. She and Bear seem to be getting on fine. I dont think I'll get any homework done with all these animals. Least they all like naps.
    Mallory/Tilly/Milly LOL!
    06svvdf2tofh.jpeg

I guess the dumbest thing we did was go joy riding in a stolen vehicle in Dallas. it was a black suburban kinda thing in the 80's, kinda swanky. The kid who stole it said the keys were in it running and he took it. haha! he was so drunk. He was driving in peoples yards like it was a video game. We left it in a field and walked home. I dont think he remembered half the night. We were all about 16.

@shanaber sorry to hear about the bicep. I hope Beau is kind and doesn't trip you or be too rough. Mine want to slam right into you at full speed romping outside. I hope they outgrow it.

• shanaber
    Options
    @swenson19d - Mallory/Tilly is adorable and it looks like both Kevin and Sandy think she is great. I love how gentle they are with her! They'll all be hanging out and sleeping together (in your bed! LOL) soon.
    I hope the driver is ok after the hear attack. I am sure he is devastated even knowing it was not his fault. It has to still hurt.
    We all did dumb things as kids... I have a couple - my best friend in HS and I went on a double date to the drive-in with her mom's car. The idea was she and her date would ride in the trunk and my date and I would drive in so we only had to pay half (you paid by person not by car). The only problem was she got in the trunk with the keys and we couldn't get them out. I had to hike to a pay phone and call her mom to come with a spare key to get them out. We also did lots of crazy driving (not me - I didn't drive until I was almost 18!) on the mountain roads. I guess I was lucky that my friends were good drivers as we never crashed.

@rheddmobile - my brothers used to love car surfing on the snow packed roads. Fortunately they never got hurt but they had friends who did, from getting spun off into trees and bushes.

@CMorning99 - stress can really mess with your body! Hope you can find a way to make it less stressful but it is tough with all you have going on.
    I am sorry you are getting a difficult Amn. I am shocked that she would even think that a schedule like that would be at all ok. There is not a business that I know of that would put up with that kind of time-off demand, even if her child has some special need or issue she really needs to figure out a balance with her job requirements.

I got all ready to go for a run today and never made it out the door. I did my warmup, some core work and yoga and then good caught in a call back loop with the radiology dept about the MRI. They need a form from the cardiologist and said it was faxed to him on Wednesday. When I called to get a status, the woman asked who was working on it when I first called, I have no idea... well she can't find out anything w/o knowing that but I should call the cardiologist office and follow up with them. Cardiologist office did not receive any fax... so I called radiology back hoping to confirm the fax number they used and was again told they can't help me w/o knowing who was initially working on it. I lost my cool and told them that I was told to call back to get status and she never said ask for 'xxxx' and that having me call all over and back and forth was ridiculous. Oh and you can't just call you have to get in a queue and leave your number and they call you back so I was waiting and waiting, rinse and repeat. At the end of all of it I had no status, no name to get a status from but they did re-fax the form to the confirmed number I provided them. I was hoping to hear back that they had the completed form and I could schedule the MRI, but nope... Hopefully Monday. All these people are also part of the same group and work out of the same office building... they could have walked the form over to the other office gotten the signature and been done with it.
    Dd had an interesting comment I didn't think of too... she said shame on them for not updating my medical record with the information from the calls - it all should have been right there it they had done it correctly.
  • swenson19d
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Mallory (for now) is eating well and starting to play. Initially she was fine being alone now she fusses if we leave her in the house and all go outside. She is starting to sleep like a kitten should, rather than being awake and constantly vigilant. She's moved from dog kibble to cat and brisket and cream with an added probiotic. Today is day 3/3 for her wormer, I'm still worming Kevin though. He won't stay out of the poop. ugh.

I think I skipped my antidepressant yesterday. Then dh made me mad. He ran to the store to get lunch/dinner stuff to make hoagies with the brisket we have, he returns home 6 hours later... DD and I just ate a frozen pizza. I have no idea how someone can be gone that long for sandwich stuff and to pick out a picture for his office wall. Anyway, I saved my portion of the brisket for Ms. Tilly. I'm so tired today. the puppies and the kitten do sleep with me, but it is hard to fully sleep (pain) and trying to make sure the dogs dont squish the baby cat. She sleeps mostly with Dh & Kevin or Maggie. I bet her mama was black, she seems to have an affinity for it. Dh's snoring is like a kitten magnet. IDK, maybe it was a black dog she bonded with. She's doing better, acting more cat like though. Her belly is so small that when its full you can't even see it like a normally full cat gets. Her hips are boney, worse than a jersey cows.

I have hip doc appointment Thursday. Im trying not to get my hope up, or have expectations. I want the labrum tear fixed or a script for flexeril (or the like) to help with muscle pain and tightness. I'd taken dh's for 4 -5 days and it helped greatly. I had an odd happening last week where I stood up and my left leg went wonky and my hip dipped about 4-5 inches (ish) with each step. It was painless, no fuzziness as if it were asleep. So I kinda got back on my MS-like ailment kick but abandoned it cuz who knows. I saw the near neuro and nothing came of it, so Ill just leave it. If it is, it'll get worse (or not) and I'll address it then when there is more evidence to figure out what it is.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber It is so frustrating trying to deal with different entities that make you the go between....and, of course, it is no one's fault that things weren't done properly - or always the other person. I hope you get it all straightened out tomorrow and I agree with DD, it should have been documented as to who you spoke with.

@swenson19d I'm glad Mallory is fitting into the family so well. Did DH give an explanation as to why he was gone so long? Maybe bigfoot sighting or alien abduction? :wink: I hope you get some answers from the hip doctor on Thursday.
  • swenson19d
    Options

@swenson19d I'm glad Mallory is fitting into the family so well. Did DH give an explanation as to why he was gone so long? Maybe bigfoot sighting or alien abduction? :wink: I hope you get some answers from the hip doctor on Thursday.

No. He meanders. Will go to 15 stores and he doesn't understand why I dont wanna shop with him.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

It is chilly and RAINY here today! I think we are only going to get about .5 inch but I will take it.

@quilteryoyo What a sweet girl! Glad everyone seems to like her.

Weekend was pretty quiet. Black cat had his chemo and B vitamin shot. He lost .2kg though in the last month or so. He is still pretty thin so that is a lot for him. We are going to break out the baby scale tonight to track him just incase his cancer is coming back. Which reminds me, I still need to find an oncologist for him, preferably not 3 hours away. Grey cat is hanging in there, I don't know how.

DH and I have been binge watching the original Knight Rider season 1, it is hilarious what they considered high tech.

My to do list is never ending it seems. Find an oncologist, figure out our draftsman...still nothing, I need the car detailed because it got hit with heavy hard water and has horrible water spots. I need to start thinking bout my vacation in May and getting the trailer ready. I wish I could hire this consulting company to run my life too...the property split is the only thing I am not stressed about.

Well, best get back to it.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @CMorning99 I think that comment was meant for @swenson19d . Glad your weekend was quiet. I hope both cats get along okay. It's hard. You are right about the old shows being funny. I saw an original Magnum PI the other day and wondered how in the world I ever thought it was a good show. And so many others that are obviously so fake. Not so much back then, I guess. Hugs to you with all you have to do. It can be stressful.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    I’m hanging out at the docs. So what better time to chat/update.

Pup & daycare
    I think it went well. They didn’t seem to be traumatized by going. Everyone loves Kevin. Sandy wouldn’t play much. Just hung out with the caregiver. I’m not surprised. I got a good bit done and refused to let myself clean or on social media.

I have a cough. I wonder if they’ll think I have covid. Dh took steroids for his and is better. I’m roughing it out with NyQuil and antihistamines.

Baby cat Mallory
    She might be tater tot. She had a vet visit the other day and got poo med. vet thinks it looks like geraridia. She was just over 2 pounds when I brought her home on a Friday. She was 3.4 by Tuesday. Vet says she’s older than 12 weeks but younger than 16. She is still scrawny. Poor thing. She’s doing all though. She enjoyed the day without dogs playing with bear and cat toys.

How is everyone doing? Not falling apart physically? Eating better?

I don’t shave anymore and am exam shorts. My legs are very hairy and very bruised from the dogs. Haha! Oh well. I never judge patients on clinicals so sure he won’t be heartbroken or notice.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @swenson19d I hope your doctor's visit went okay. I'm glad the dogs did okay at doggie daycare and that Mallory is going well. I'm doing okay, just super busy, as always. Physically, I'm doing okay if I don't overdo it...well, I have developed tennis elbow in my left arm. I'm trying icing it at night. It doesn't hurt playing tennis, but mostly when I pick something up with my arm extended. Sometime, picking up the older kids and changing their diapers makes it hurt. I'm trying to figure out how to do that without making it hurt, but haven't found it yet. As for eating...nope. Not eating better. I'll get there. At least I'm not gaining any weight at the moment.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @swenson19d I hope your doctor's visit went okay. I'm glad the dogs did okay at doggie daycare and that Mallory is going well. I'm doing okay, just super busy, as always. Physically, I'm doing okay if I don't overdo it...well, I have developed tennis elbow in my left arm. I'm trying icing it at night. It doesn't hurt playing tennis, but mostly when I pick something up with my arm extended. Sometime, picking up the older kids and changing their diapers makes it hurt. I'm trying to figure out how to do that without making it hurt, but haven't found it yet. As for eating...nope. Not eating better. I'll get there. At least I'm not gaining any weight at the moment.

I have had tennis elbow. It takes a long time to heal. I wore a brace for months and it helped relieve the tension on the tendon. Dh had it and did the brace and a steroid injection. The steroid was just once and IDK if it helped or not. The braces are less than 10$.

Doc visit went well.
    I have a steroid injection scheduled the 8th in the right SI joint. Thank goodness. That thing has been killing me for years.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks @swenson19d . I was thinking about getting a brace. I'll have to look for one. I'm glad your doctor visit went well and hope the steroid injection gives you some relief.
  • shanaber
    Options
    I had a whole post replying to everyone. Don't know what I did with it or what MFP did with it. I will re-enter it tomorrow when I am not so tired...
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber I hate it when that happens. I hope you had a good night's sleep.

I had another busy day yesterday, just not real active. I worked from 6:30 - 9:45 at daycare, left to play tennis, back to work from 12:15 - 3:35, home, walked, ate, tried to nap (didn't), got ready, and mom and I went to see the Collingsworth Family in concert. They are a gospel group that my Aunt wanted to see. My other aunt bought her tickets, then she bought mom and I tickets for our birthdays (5 months early). We enjoyed it, but didn't get home until 10:45. It made for a really long day.