Daily check-in for keto friends... volume 4

Replies

• trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    One day at a time!🙌
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    I did great over the weekend. And and still doing dandy...and my scale is stuck.
    So I'm all sulky but doing the thing...exercising and KCKO.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Resisted a very strong midnight craving last night which would have taken me 56 carbs over a solid keto day. I just refused to get out of bed til it passed. Literally pulled the covers over my head and turned my back to the door. Every little victory counts!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    We have to do 3 Easters with my divorced inlaws and my mom so Easter #1 I was requested to make a Mediterranean chickpea salad. I decided to up the ratio of cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado to make it a little less carb. I did eat a small serving. I made low carb cheesecake salad recipe for dessert. Overall stayed on track well. Easter #2 I ate meat, deviled eggs, and green beans only. Then as I was on my way to Easter #3 I started feeling beyond terrible. I basically dropped some food off at my mom's and baskets for the grandkids and had to rush home. Then the stomach bug hit. :'( I did let my husband bring me a coke icee and a few french fries to try to settle my stomach. Monday I was able to eat some and I did eat a frozen gluten free pizza which had 41 carbs but it was the only thing in the house that sounded appetizing and honestly with the rest of my day I didn't really go over goal. Back on course today and trying to get back to normal. I've basically only had coffee because my headache demanded it, some Gatorade, and bone broth as I'm at work and don't want to take too many risks until I'm sure I'm in the clear LOL
  • baconslave
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    We have to do 3 Easters with my divorced inlaws and my mom so Easter #1 I was requested to make a Mediterranean chickpea salad. I decided to up the ratio of cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado to make it a little less carb. I did eat a small serving. I made low carb cheesecake salad recipe for dessert. Overall stayed on track well. Easter #2 I ate meat, deviled eggs, and green beans only. Then as I was on my way to Easter #3 I started feeling beyond terrible. I basically dropped some food off at my mom's and baskets for the grandkids and had to rush home. Then the stomach bug hit. :'( I did let my husband bring me a coke icee and a few french fries to try to settle my stomach. Monday I was able to eat some and I did eat a frozen gluten free pizza which had 41 carbs but it was the only thing in the house that sounded appetizing and honestly with the rest of my day I didn't really go over goal. Back on course today and trying to get back to normal. I've basically only had coffee because my headache demanded it, some Gatorade, and bone broth as I'm at work and don't want to take too many risks until I'm sure I'm in the clear LOL

yikes. I hope you are feeling better now!

I am stuck in the scale do-si-do again. 172.6, bounce up, bounce back. And around again. Hope this doesn't last too long though. :unamused:

• anglyn1
    I’ve fought this stomach thing all week. One day I’ll be doing better and then bam it sneaks back up. My RA meds make it harder to get over minor illnesses. Hopefully I’ll be on track this coming week and maybe my diminished appetite could stick around a bit LOL
  • baconslave
    oooooh. 172. Stay. Please!
  • cjsunnyside
    cjsunnyside Posts: 136 Member
    Plugging away up and down 1/2 all week again. Thinking about trying a longer fast. Not because I’m frustrated with the scale I’ve still been down at least one every week so all good. Just a couple mfp friends have done a 72 hour fast and posted about it and I’m intrigued. Maybe this week. My hubby is going away Tuesday so I was thinking it may be easier to try it when he isn’t home. Anyone else fasted for longer periods of time? Also I’m expecting my monthly friend this week too. Maybe not a good week? What do you think? Oh yeah today was a good Omad day. Bison burger and a wedge salad. I made cupcakes for a party I’m having tomorrow. Didn’t lick the spatula and not a chance I’m going to eat one!
  • anglyn1
    Took a day trip shopping yesterday and it was so nice to be out after my week of illness. The weather was hot and sunny. Same today, I've already taken a walk on my break. Managed to keep keto yesterday with a bunless burger and salad at Red Robin for lunch and an unwich from Jimmy John's for dinner.
  • baconslave
    Half pound uptick. That's the way it goes. Just going to KCKO and keep moving forward.
  • anglyn1
    After a weekend full of HOT weather and sunshine it's cold and rainy again. I honestly don't mind it being a bit cool as long as it's not cold or snowy. Unless I'm swimming I don't like it to be much over 70. My weight is still a pound and a half up from my stomach virus low but it's holding and it's less than before the virus so I'm hoping for continued progress down. KCKO.
  • cjsunnyside
    Check in early. Up early. Terrible sleep. Omad yesterday and transitioned into an extended fast by not having supper. A couple hours later so about the 27.5 hour mark I was not that feeling well. Tested my sugar and yeah it was low. Enjoyed my evening tea and a salty water and felt a bit better but I went to bed early. Maybe too early so I was checking the clock all night and of course extra pee trips lol because of the extra water. So I listened to the rain. Which is snow now so that’s a bit annoying. Sugar better this morning so I will keep going for now. Keep you posted. Down a .5 this morning too. So close to a milestone on the scale. Oh, measurements yesterday many inches gone!
  • baconslave
    Check in early. Up early. Terrible sleep. Omad yesterday and transitioned into an extended fast by not having supper. A couple hours later so about the 27.5 hour mark I was not that feeling well. Tested my sugar and yeah it was low. Enjoyed my evening tea and a salty water and felt a bit better but I went to bed early. Maybe too early so I was checking the clock all night and of course extra pee trips lol because of the extra water. So I listened to the rain. Which is snow now so that’s a bit annoying. Sugar better this morning so I will keep going for now. Keep you posted. Down a .5 this morning too. So close to a milestone on the scale. Oh, measurements yesterday many inches gone!

Congrats on the inches and may the scale reward you with more losses, too!
    I do not do long fasts well.
    IF is all I can manage. I become a frightening broomrider :grimace:

as for me, forgot to weigh. But it's a beautiful day so I get to look forward to some sunshine.

• baconslave
    170.8. About half a pound up still. It is what it is. KCKO
  • cjsunnyside
    Checking in. Mfp will be down tonight I guess so here is my update. Feeling well. Sun is shining. Got a bump this morning on my scale due to my fast. Yay! Dinner at 6. Honestly I might just have a big omelette. And bacon. ( I’m not a big bacon lover but a little is nice ) have a great day!
  • cjsunnyside
    Another sunny day here! Broke my fast last night about 6pm with a huge breaky. 900+ cals. Felt at first and a little while like I over did it. A little light headed after I ate too which was weird but that passed quickly as well. This morning I’m down another lb so that’s fun. Happy Friday.
  • anglyn1
    Happy Friday! I hope everyone has a good weekend. I'm hoping to get a little time to menu plan and maybe meal prep a few lunches for next week.
  • baconslave
    yay, scale! Being nice today! 169.2lb. 4.2lb to goal.
    Chugging along. If I could hold onto it then I'd hit my loss goal for the month, or be close. But I bet it will bounce up for a min tomorrow. It is what it is. KCKO
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    My keto successes are fluctuating, but overall I'm slightly more active and quite a bit more focused on specific daily food goals.
    I saw an episode of Shakespeare and Hathaway where a woman was standing alone in front of her scale for a private moment before "the weigh-in."
    I realized that after an injury I stopped weighing in, and now years later, I've regained so much weight and lost so much drive.
    I used to weigh daily, and the truth is for me, it kept me honest and motivated... good or bad. I think the best thing I could do is start that up again.
    That is my next challenge to myself. Time to get real again.