Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-161.8
    Current weight-160.8

Although I have not been working out a ton, I have definitely cut back on eating. Life has been stressful to say the least. And I havent had a huge appetite. I am going to Yoga tonight with friends, not a huge calorie burn but still something
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    I've had issues logging in. I had to reset my password even though it was right, lol. Then once I got online, I couldn't post messages.

I'm finally on, I feel bad saying this but I was wondering if I could please be placed on maintenance/cheer section temporarily. I cannot seem to get on track and Im pretty much maintaining anyways. Between this and the log in issues I'm about to lose my mind. I really love this group, and I would like to be able to come back to it asap! I just feel I need a little break to figure this out. Thanks!!!

@KittyInBoots17 I'll have the MODS move you to the Support Team for a bit. Let me know when you're ready to return and we'll be ready to welcome you back!! Hope things get better for you soon!!
    Jessica
  • Fattleass
    Fattleass Posts: 223 Member
    Maintenance Check in
    Fattleass
    Wednesday
    PW: 165.1 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 165.3 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 134 lbs (optional loss to date)2 lbs (optional loss to date)
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    5/10 steps - 14445

I'm still adjusting to this no caffeine stuff. I believe it is going to be a good change once the headaches subside. I have boticed my sleep cycle is getting better now. I used to wake up almost hourly. Now it's only one or two times a night.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,539 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    Thank you so much for your kind message. I did build up the steps I do daily. I think when I first got my Fitbit, I started with 7500 or something. I really like their hourly reminder to step. I currently have it set from 7:00 to 19:00 so I know that as long as I aim for 1.000 an hour I will be good. Walking Tinus also helps a lot. Since he isn't a dog, he doesn't really walk that much. He likes to smell things and watch the birds, and often he will just sit somewhere. We rarely make it out of our street. But when he sits down somewhere, I step in place which is where most of my steps come from on lazy days.
    You are also right about the stress a day before and needing rest a day after. I also really need to get used to the warming weather. I feel drained most days and I think the most important thing to fix is my sleep. I get around 6,5 hours a night now, which isn't a problem occasionally, but shouldn't happen every day.
  • Pupowl
    May 11 - Wednesday
    Steps: 13.570
    Still a fairly lazy day. The temperature was a bit better, though it felt humid and my headache was really bad. I took 3 paracetamol during the day. At some point I decided to go for a nap, but I wanted to take Tinus out first. While we were walking around a little grassy area, I saw an older lady falling in her back yard. I noticed she didn't manage to get up right away so I called over and asked if she needed help. She said yes and I told her I would be over soon. Tinus doesn't exactly follow me and he is afraid of people, so I had to run him home first to drop him off. Thankfully one of my neighbours was also out walking her dog, so I told her what happened and she went and got help from a guy living across the street. When I made it back over without Tinus, he had already helped her up. She had a small wound on her arm, but otherwise it looked like she came away unscathed. I am really glad I saw her, because there is a lot of thick vegetation around her yard and nobody walks on the grassy area so I doubt anyone would have seen her laying there. After that I was wide awake, lol, and didn't need to nap anymore.
    I am taking another lazy day today, but tomorrow I am going to the gym again. I haven't been for 2 weeks due to mental health and then no time when my mom was here an then stress from the appointment earlier this week. Now it's time to pick that up again. Though I am unsure if going 4 times a week is a good idea. I notice I often don't manage to go all 4 times so maybe it is better to cut down to 2 or 3. I have been thinking about this a lot. Gym means I can't go for walks. I enjoy my walks a lot more because I am also able to spend time on a hobby; photography. I feel like the gym is more valuable physically though. It is hard to find a balance in this.
    Happy Thursday everyone <3
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    @angmarie28 - I hope your yoga class - and time spent with friends - helped alleviate some of your stress. Those are both positive approaches to dealing with stress. Good for you, taking proactive steps to address your stress challenges!

@KittyInBoots17 - Welcome back! I was wondering about you, and I’m sorry to hear about your trouble logging in, but it’s good to have you here again!

@Jax_Grim - I’m glad you are noticing some improvements in your sleep after giving up coffee. It must feel good to know you are making progress. I agree with @Pupowl that sleep is one of the most important aspects of our health to fix. I took two days off from early morning rowing workouts because I needed some sleep — and so did my coach! Neither of us wanted to be the one to cancel, since we always feel better after exercising, so I’m glad she made the decision. I have a sore bicep and I’m glad I was able to let it heal a bit, too.

@Pupowl - It must have been a great relief to your neighbor when you called to her, and let her know that help was coming soon. Thanks for sharing the uplifting story of community support!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Here’s this week’s maintenance weigh in report:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW: 129
    CW: 128.8

LTD: 39.2
    Target maintenance range: 120-130

Any downward trajectory, no matter how small, is fine with me. I’ll take it! Best wishes, Shape Shifters!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,145 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Sun 5/8: 13,343
    Mon 5/9: 14,354
    Tue 5/10: 15,100
    Wed 5/11: 14,210
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 370 Member
    May 11 Steps = 11,847
    Thank you @bearchested I have grabbed a few different flavors of "MiO" I'll see if this helps!
    I did reach water goal yesterday, so fingers crossed I can keep this up.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,780 Member
    5/9-6,788
    5/10-7,918
    5/11-7,856

I really need to move more, I have been in a funk and really struggling, I did go to yoga last night, so that was good.
  • jessicakrall8
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    5/9-6,788
    5/10-7,918
    5/11-7,856

I really need to move more, I have been in a funk and really struggling, I did go to yoga last night, so that was good.

@angmarie28 I had 5,885 recorded on the 9th...replaced it with the 6,788, correct?
    Jessica
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 265 Member
    Yukie_OP : Steps check-in (goal 6k)
    5/9 - 6,030
    5/10 - 6,767
    5/11-10,340

My sister and I work in the same area/city so we have started carpooling & playing tennis (after work) on Wednesdays. Yesterday was our 2nd week. A fun activity for us which should work well (commitment-wise) since it's only 1 day of the week.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 650 Member
    kcpond

Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 251.3
    CW (Current Weight):251.7
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    My steps
    5/9 11,347
    5/10 12,056
    5/11 21,173
    5/12 14,043
    Disappointed the Dance Fit class was fully booked this evening.Luckily managed to get on tomorrow morning class.
    Otherwise dancing in my kitchen is on the cards,who's with me ?
  • jessicakrall8
    edited May 2022
    v2jwszlxdkgs.jpg

Missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @seeless25
    @Jax_Grim
    @ewilhelm2487
    @paulerdmann1

Please report in ASAP and thanks!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    May 12 - Thursday
    Steps: 13.017
    Good morning Shape Shifters. As promised, I had another lazy day. I did 'do' two things though. The first one was swapping out my curtains. When I moved here, I painted nearly the whole house and I bought matching curtains for my bedroom. The material is pretty thin though, so it does a really bad job at blocking light. Considering my sleep has been bad lately, I decided to put up the light blocking curtains I still had from my previous house. It doesn't look as nice, but I don't see that when I am sleeping anyway. It has only been one night, but I think it makes a big difference. I still wake up at 5 because of the birds, at which point I put in earplugs. My sleep isn't really great after that and I keep waking up every 20 or so minutes. I will make it a priority to be in bed by 21:00 so I get enough rest; even with wonky sleep after 5 in the morning.
    The second thing I did was hang up 3 new beehotels! I already have 3 insect hotels, but there are so many bees, all the holes are full or being worked on. I really like watching them work on closing the tunnels so I decided to get 3 small hotels for bees only. The nice thing about the new ones is that they have trays, so you can pull them out and clean them. The bad thing is that all the holes are the same size. In my experience, they can be a bit fussy and will try out several tunnels to see which they like best. So I am curious to see how long it takes them to start using the new houses. I will share some pictures for those interested under the spoiler.
    Happy Friday everyone <3
    g3dr0kklwply.jpg
    yh4cvp9pe76e.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    Pupowl wrote: »
    May 12 - Thursday
    Steps: 13.017
    Good morning Shape Shifters.
    The second thing I did was hang up 3 new beehotels! I already have 3 insect hotels, but there are so many bees, all the holes are full or being worked on. I really like watching them work on closing the tunnels so I decided to get 3 small hotels for bees only. The nice thing about the new ones is that they have trays, so you can pull them out and clean them. The bad thing is that all the holes are the same size. In my experience, they can be a bit fussy and will try out several tunnels to see which they like best. So I am curious to see how long it takes them to start using the new houses. I will share some pictures for those interested under the spoiler.
    Happy Friday everyone <3

Happy Friday all...good morning @Pupowl so do you collect the honey as well...one of those pics looked like something that might collect it so it made me curious. I'm so scared of them that I couldn't do this, but what an awesome idea to be able to watch and study them...that would be fascinating I admit!

I'm up and walking this morning extra early as today starts my Virtual 5k...I knocked out 1.31 miles so far, but have to head to work now. Will likely finish it tomorrow, but it's a healthy start considering how my feet have been lately. I'm having to take it more slowly than my last one I walked in, because of my plantar mess. They're whining at this point, but not screaming, so that's good...hoping it won't feel much worse at the office. Cheer me on guys!! That will help! :blush:

Hope ya'll have a great day!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    I’ve been wanting to support the bees 🐝 so I appreciate the information and photos you shared @Pupowl. An acquaintance of mine keeps bees and it seemed like a lot of work and some expense because she has multiple trays and bee keeper protective gear. I didn’t know about the lower maintenance option. I’m going to look into it. My husband spends more time in the garden - and also likes the idea of being a helpful steward of bird and bee life - so I’ll consult with him about it, too.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @izzyred9400 - I’m still hoping you can convince your son to post the video of your kitchen dance!

I’m with you for some dancing 💃 while I clean the house today. It’s always a mood lifter to turn up the music and dance while cleaning. Nobody wants to see pictures of it though!!
This discussion has been closed.