Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited May 2022
    @jessicakrall8 (Hope your feet hold up, go you!!!)
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    Oh, what I do is very low key! It's not the type you get honey from. These are all solitary bees so they don't belong to a colony and they aren't aggressive at all either. You can stand right in front of the boxes and they will keep ignoring you. I just like to help them out a little bit because they are important pollinators.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    May 12 steps = 11,750
    I am feeling so overwhelmed today, My boss is retiring today so it is a bitter sweet day. She is a truly great person and I will miss her so much. There will be lots of hugs and tears, and we still have to try and do our job and serve the public lol
    My son is Graduating High School, and this weekend is his grad. I am so not ready, where did my baby boy go? I'm happy and sad at the same time, today and this weekend is going to be an emotional rollercoaster, I see a couple glasses of wine in my future.
    Have a great weekend everybody.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    frankwbrown
    May week 2
    Friday, May 13
    PW: 227.3
    CW: 228.1 ( gained 0.8 lbs; 0.35%)
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 209 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 198.2
    CW: 195.4
    LTD: 11.6

I haven't been great with exercising this week, which actually helped with my cravings (plus getting plenty of protein.) My allergies are going crazy right now and I'm very busy at work. I finally decided to get my allergies tested, and will be starting on allergy shots in a couple weeks so I'll eventually feel more normal.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 220.5
    CW: 222
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    May 13, 2022
    Justanotherloser007
    PW: 157.6
    CW: 158.0

Angioedema, hives, prednisone, and TOM. I am pretty sure that this water weight is really low for my general situation.
  • Marni3369
    Marni3369 Posts: 54 Member
    Hi-

I am curious if I can be moved to inactive for awhile? Or removed and can rejoin later?

I'm struggling with staying motivated and no movement on the scale for weeks is really frustrating. I just don't feel like my heart is in this right now. I know it's probably tied to lots of other things going on my world and I hope to rediscover that excitement and enthusiasm I once had.

Thank you,
    Marni
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    @JenHul I’m with you on the graduation. My oldest finishes high school this year as well. Grad isn’t until the end of June here, Prom this weekend though. She isn’t going though, not her thing.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    Marni3369 wrote: »
    Hi-

I am curious if I can be moved to inactive for awhile? Or removed and can rejoin later?

I'm struggling with staying motivated and no movement on the scale for weeks is really frustrating. I just don't feel like my heart is in this right now. I know it's probably tied to lots of other things going on my world and I hope to rediscover that excitement and enthusiasm I once had.

Thank you,
    Marni

@Marni3369 I will move you to the support team, so that you can take a break from the scale, but I encourage you to get involved in either the step challenge or in our weekly group challenges, which are always different each week and the group is so varied and supportive, I think you'd get more motivated and it would help you get things moving again. When you get stagnant on the losses, it usually means you need to do something to shake things up...you're body has grown complacent with your current routine...this can be something simple like adjusting water intake, changing your exercise routine, walking a little more, getting a step tracker if you don't use one, changing something in your diet...just something your body isn't used to to shake it back into fat burning mode.

We are HERE for you...take advantage of your support system here...it just requires logging in and posting on occasion...soaking up the wisdom of others traveling the same road and perhaps posting on occasion. The more you put in, the more you'll get out...TRUST ME!

If I can personally be of help, please let me know. And when you're ready to get back to work in a few weeks or a month, just let me know and we will welcome you back as fast as you can say, "I'm back...".

Take care of yourself...and don't be a stranger.
    Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    A great big thank you to @PatriceFitnessPal for stepping up as Motivator for Team Shape Shifters! :heart:

I am finally getting the news out to the F2F fam, and there is no doubt that those who have seen Patrice on the group challenges and you lucky SSers know that she is a fantastic inspiration and generous with encouragement, ideas, and knowledge. Thanks from all of us Patrice! Your team is very lucky :smiley:
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 141.9
    CW: 141.4
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    Yay, how awesome you are becoming a motivator! I always really appreciate your posts.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight): 321.2
    CW (Current Weight): 321
    Crappy nights sleep plus introduction of a lot of walking methinks led to a lower weigh in. Clothes have definitely felt a little different.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 234.4
    CW 239

I don’t know what going on with me. Haven’t been feeling great either, dizzy and waking up with night sweats.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 881 Member
    Izzyred9400
    PW 133.4
    CW 133.2
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    @jessicakrall8

My weigh in was posted on May 8th. Here is the info:

Jax_Grimm
    Sunday Weigh-in
    PW: 241.4 lbs
    CW: 243.8 lbs
    LTD: 71.2 lbs
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 341 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 195.5
    CW 196.5

Was not expecting that gain. I’ll be out of town for the upcoming week so I will miss next Friday’s weigh in.
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    5/11 steps - 15325
    5/12 steps - 13353
    5/13 steps - 9686

Weigh in day is tomorrow. Should be much better than last week. No Brazilian steakhouse tonight :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    Jax_Grim wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8

My weigh in was posted on May 8th. Here is the info:

Jax_Grimm
    Sunday Weigh-in
    PW: 241.4 lbs
    CW: 243.8 lbs
    LTD: 71.2 lbs

Hi @Jax_Grim ...I figured out what happened...during your last weigh in, the MODS picked up your PW as your CW. I reported it and changed it, but that threw me off...when I went to update this week's data, I used last week's slot. It's all been fixed now. Apologies, but thanks for letting me know.
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.