Shape Shifters Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Replies

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    @Jax_Grim I hope you get this sorted soon, it must be hard. Good job staying motivated on your goals
  • CasandraW
    @PatriceFitnessPal on your topic of motivation,
    I find validating statements and shared experiences help me stay motivated when I'm feeling low. I do find statements like "life's not going to get easier, you need to be more resilient" to be very in-validating

General motivating things for me are:
    other peoples success - I love hearing about people reaching their goals, it makes me feel that I can too.
    Celebrating milestones
    Discussing challenges

=) Thanks for asking
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 262 Member
    Yukie_OP
    Steps update ( daily goal 6,000)
    6/10 - 6,510
    6/11 -10,366
    6/12 - 5,162
    6/13 - 7,014
    6/14 - 6,157
    6/15 - 8,928

Been working from home past 2 days, which threw me off a bit : I noticed i was drinking way less water and wasn't stepping as much so I had to make it up in the evenings by taking a walk around the neighborhood.
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    6/11 steps - 12685

I couldn't remember if I had posted these
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal Thanks Patrice. I appreciate the encouragement. :)
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    @ewilhelm2487 I have asked that "why can't this be easy?" question AT least once a day for the past 40 years it seems...I'm with ya there...are you seeing the formula shortages where you are too? I felt so bad a couple of weeks ago when a lady was on the news saying she had been at a local store when they had just filled the shelves and she needed one can of formula. A woman had just filled her entire cart and emptied the shelf and REFUSED to let her have JUST ONE can. Some people are just evil. BUT, the store management should have had limits on what could be purchased per person too...it was sad...and my guess is the woman who took it all was probably going to hike the price and sell it to make money. SELFISHNESS! My heart just broke. Another couple who needed medical grade formula was in a report and their sons were facing comas if they didn't get formula. I never saw an update, but my heart just broke for them...I'm praying someone stepped in from the corporation that makes it to help them since it was on a network broadcast. So, although I can't personally understand your breastfeeding dilemna...I can understand the issue...just do what you can to follow healthy eating like you have been and concentrate on the baby right now. Baby steps, so to speak...at least your heart is in the right place!

Oh, did you perhaps want me to switch your weigh day to closer to the weekend, rather than your current Mondays? Less hectic on the weekends, perhaps? Let me know.
    Jessica

Yes please, Fridays would be a better weigh in day because I just honestly forget during the beginning of the week.

There are bad shortages here. I'm from Michigan where the Factory was that made Similac. So we have little to no formula anywhere. I know a lot of people who were buying it from Amazon in Canada and having it sent from there. My daughter has acid reflux so she can only have a specific kind of formula and its very rarely in stock. I buy a few cans when I find it. If I wasnt breast feeding I can tell you my daughter would starve because I can't find that formula anywhere but Walmart and it's barely in stock when I go get more. She only eats 6-8oz of formula a day and babies need like 30oz🤷‍♀️ a day or something.
    The Sturgis plant just opened back up for production but a really bad storm just caused water damage and now they have a leak from the roof so they have to stop production of formula, again.
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Ewilhelm2487
    PW:235.9
    CW:237
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    at25zp4ira7q.gif
    Missing Weigh-ins for this week:

@TheMrWobbly
    @angmarie28

Please report in, thanks!

Jessica
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 142.0
    CW: 142.4

I am going in the wrong direction.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,125 Member
    frankwbrown
    Friday, June 17; week 3
    PW: 226.7
    CW: 227.5 ( gained 0.8 lbs; 0.35%)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,125 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Tue 6/14: 13,743
    Wed 6/15: 14,202
    Thu 6/16: 13,721
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited June 2022
    Steps June 16: 20.718
    Hello Shape Shifters. I went for another walk early in the morning. I was in the forest at 7:00. Didn't really see anything special, but that is okay. Being out in nature is just really nice, even if I don't have the best pictures. Some shots under the spoiler.
    Re: motivation and stuff. I think you get out of this group what you put in (except for our lovely leader and motivator, I don't envy you your 'jobs'!). If you only post your steps and weigh in, I am not surprised very few people will engage. If you post more, or tag/quote other people, you will get more replies. So it goes both ways. I sometimes don't engage if the topic is very personal or deals with things I am not familiar with. I also think we need to be realistic. This can be a great support group, but in my opinion, it doesn't replace or compare to one on one/irl support. If you really need someone, I think it is best to contact someone directly and ask if they have time to talk to you or listen. I would be happy to volunteer for this if anyone ever needs it! Just send me a message here and I will always reply.
    A lot of things are motivating to me; at least when I am doing well and my weight is going down. When I am off the rails like I have been for the past forever it feels like, nothing really helps. I need to crawl out of the gutter first before I can absorb anything positive.
    Happy Friday everyone <3
    ywW9Ask.jpg
    Oo3UGDg.jpg
    v6dB6lX.jpg
    d64dWo5.jpg
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Step Goal 14k

6/15 - 13149
    6/16 - 14979
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 366 Member
    Good Morning,
    June 13 Steps = 8704
    June 14 Steps = 10,369
    June 15 Steps = 10,554
    June 16 Steps = 16,454

Happy Friday Everyone! Enjoy your weekend.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    SavageMrsMoose

Friday
    PW 166
    CW 165.8

Hello- I’ve been MIA as I’ve been constantly traveling all month- and now I have Covid- despite vax and booster. So this is a huge success for me considering I’ve been struggling meeting calories, usually weigh after my morning workout (I obviously can’t exercise til my fever breaks). So yea!

I tried to post this earlier but I think it showed up in the thread from where I last read. I’ll catch up with everyone today as I’m isolating and have some free time and am starting to regain energy.
  • CasandraW
    @pupowl Love the photo's! Looks like a nice quiet morning. I'm glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

@SavageMrsMoose Sorry to hear you're not well, I hope you get over Covid quickly. Nice loss!!
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 196.0
    CW 197.0

Hopefully most of that is sodium, since I ate at Chipotle yesterday. I’ve had a tough week for workouts because I’ve had back spasms since Sunday and every other random ache or pain decided to manifest this week as well. It’s improving though so I have to remember to work on the tightness in my hips and other places.

The heat has been another challenge as well. Multiple days over 100 degrees make it tricky to get in my usual walks. I can’t do them until I get home from the gym and it’s heating up pretty fast so I’m going to have to rearrange my schedule and get in a walk after dinner when it’s “only” in the 90s.

This morning I had my first video appointment with a nutritionist. Hopefully I can get back on track and start losing weight again. I’m feeling a little nervous that I’m going to feel deprived, but I’m optimistic at the moment. Wish me luck!
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 262 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal on your topic of motivation:
    • I find inspirational quotes motivating
    • Since the beginning of this moth (not missed one day) I have been writing my (10) goals/affirmations in the morning in a small journal. I list/write them as if they have been accomplished (i.e. I make healthy food choices daily to support my healthy body & mind."). It helps, at the very least, to remind me of what my focus is.

RE: Engagement within the group, I agree with @pupowl : you get what you put in as far as engagement. I also feel that because there's multiple people and comments vary (in length + #of posts you can see in one page) - for me at least there's only so much bandwidth I have available: i.e. time available to read, comment, & engage on posts.

A few things I have found useful if you could benefit from more engagement:
    • Being apart of multiple discussion boards and/or participating in the weekly group challenge discussion board
    • Adding friends so that you can more directly engage with people in your news feed - I get daily likes/comments and prompts on my newsfeeds. Note: some of your daily activity (such as logging means, active time) automatically populate on your feed which then your friends can comment on/cheer you on. The more friends you add/have the more activity you will see .
    • Feel free to add me as a friend, for anyone interested. I have my food diary open for friends to see what i eat on any given day & often post pictures of my meals
This discussion has been closed.