Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Replies

• CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Good Morning and TGIF for realz!

@quilteryoyo I was looking into direct TV for my Mom but it was just too pricey for what she needed. We ended up getting her an iPad with cell service and there is 5G UW up there (I just learned what the UW was LOL) so it worked fine. That reminds me her iPad is still evidence...after 2 years of sitting in storage, I am sure it is donezo....along with her iPhone.

I have a single wide mobile home up there that is rented out, I wish we had another spot to put one! And I am not going to be a dick enough to evict her, she has been there for years. I think a lot depends on how long we are looking at having to rent. Secretly I wish she would leave on her own but I doubt it, she is only paying maybe 1/3 of what a rent would cost anywhere else and she is taking care of the 2 miniature horses who are left up at the ranch.

@avidkeo How on earth do you stay up all night?!?! I get physically sick feeling if I get too tired. Even the cats waking me up in the middle of the night ruins my day LOL

CATS:
    Good. We are letting grey cat out of kitty jail (we have been blocking the house in half so he could have his space from black cat who likes to harass him. I think he feels better enough to tell black cat off or at least not be too bothered by it. I think for sure he is having a reaction to one of the 5 eye drops, the skin on his eyebrow? looks pink.

RANCH
    DH secured child labor on Saturday (his coworker is renting out his 3 kids for $10 an hour) to help us pick up house parts. The demo guys must have tried to grind in small pieces and with all the winds it is showing. So we are going to hire them for as long as their attention span lasts to pick up trash.

EX and FOOD:
    Calories might have been a bit high yesterday. I had a costco bagel for BF and it was 310 calories! Lunch was a Filipino plate and dinner was chicken nuggets (baked). Calories out was 2300 per apple watch.

Had that awkward moment again when I evidently missed unit fitness this AM and drove by and saw them at the track...oops. I had planned on doing my own thing this morning but decided to just come into work. My IT band is sore so I need to do some stretch/strength.

Weight was exactly the same as yesterday.

MOOD:
    Still feeling good with the general lack of motivation. Had a bit of anxiety yesterday when DH started talking about flooring types, just brought up feels about how slow the house building process is.

Best get to it! The faster the work the faster the clock right? LOL

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Hey all. Been at a study day today that I organised. It went very well! Good talks. Now going to a friends for food and drink. Cannot wait to just relax. Been a long time sinc I've gone out to a friends like this. My mum has the kids

Then birthday party tomorrow. Needless to say this weekend is a bust. Oh well
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,944 Member
    @CMorning99 It's probably worth it to have the lady get chip rent and take care of the horses for you. Too bad there isn't another place to put a mobile home there. It would be nice to keep an eye on things during the building process. Glad the cats are hanging in there and hope the kids work out. That's a good way for them to raise some money. Ooops about the group fitness you missed. Do they frown upon that a lot? I hope your IT band is okay. Building a house from the bottom up is stressful. You can do it and you'll be so happy with it when it is done.

Glad you had a good day @avidkeo. Have fun hanging with your friends and at the birthday party tomorrow!
  • CMorning99
    Good morning!

It is Monday. I honestly didn't feel to bad about it though waking up, I think it is definitely a sign my mood is improving.

This weekend didn't go quiet as planned. One of the kids who was supposed to help us said he felt sick on Friday night so we just called it a bust and will reschedule. DH and I did run a bunch of errands. I got all the tanks emptied and flushed on the trailer and put the trailer up out of the way (I am a getting better with backing up!). While I did that, DH sprayed the weeds along the driveway. We had to stop at USPS and UPS to drop off sales and DH wanted to get a haircut. He dropped me off at Goodwill while he got his cut, it is the expensive one. They had some really nice Hokas but they had them priced at $40...good price for personal use, but not to resell.

CATS:
    Grey cat is meh. We only did his antibiotic eye drop for the weekend and he stopped pawing at it, well till last night. His arthritis was really bothering him and he slept a lot. He still ate well though an snuggled at night. Oh I think he fell off the bed Saturday night and that probably hurt.

Ranch:
    Made a bunch of calls on Saturday for stuff that never happened. Freaking people don't communicate! The Mower guy never came and the mustard is flowering and about up to my shoulder. His tractor broke and he is waiting on a part. I did get the mobile home mover scheduled for next Friday morning and trying to get the blacksmith out for the horses at the same time, but he is very unreliable. Today's goal is get the new fence marked off by the surveyors. I still need to call PG&E.

Food, Exercise
    Saturday was probably over. We picked up a donut on the way into the ranch and stopped by a Hawaiian BBQ for a late lunch. I am sure it was high calorie. For dinner we had a snack. Sunday I went out for my run and my power meter still says I am so out of shape and my "easy jog" is still 15 min/mile walk. I decided since I was walking I would do 2 loops which came out to 5 miles. Food was all home cooked but I did get into a costco bagel (310 calories), I think I was ok with the walk.

Total for the week: 11 miles

I am dehydrated today so I didn't get on the scale. Pants are still tight.

Mood:

Doing good and still just fighting the same old boredom induced low motivation.

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    The good: I was down a pound this week.

The bad: I got hit with cramps and backache so bad this weekend I didn't do any workouts 😬
  • quilteryoyo
    Sounds like things are going pretty good @CMorning99 . I can tell from the tone of your post that you are in a little bit of a better mood. I hope ;things continue to get done. Five miles is a great walk!

@RunsOnEspresso I am so glad I am over that part of my life. I feel for you though. Great job on being down a pound.
  • CMorning99
    Good morning!

All is well!

DH got black cat to his oncology appt. The fill in Dr (ours is on maternity leave) was terrible. DH said they were really rushed but that doesn't explain her stupidity. Right off the bat she said she wanted to change black cats chemo to the mini pill every 14 days...uh lady, did you read his records? his REAL oncologist JUST put him on the micro mini pill every 3 days! I mentioned that and she said "oh yeah, there is not a real difference"...then WTF would you change it as a sub Dr? She also wanted to cut his prednisone from 5mg every day to 2.5mg every other day...our regular Dr had suggested that as well, but our regular oncologist said a firm NO the last visit. I had also asked if they had his old food, a mix of kidney and IBS kibble, I can't find it anywhere on Chewy or any of those other sites. She said she would rather just provide us with some anti-diahrea meds...that does NOT solve the issue of his IBS which probably CAUSED the cancer!...all this cost us a 3 hour commute and $440 for bloodwork. I have no medical background but I can smell stupid :neutral: But on a good note, he gained .8lbs!

CATS:
    Well, you already heard Black Cat saga. He was cute though, it was chemo night and there must be meth in those pills LOL They give him the wicked munchies (he ate 2 cans of food last night and DH said he was up all night playing and racing around the house). Grey cat is hanging in there. He has started a thing where he will be walking and then stop, sit, and then lay down on his side in the most random places. Normal kitty behavior for a good sunbeam but he will be in the hall or on the hard floor. It makes me think of someone who is walking and starts to get woozy, sits down, and then lays down...he lays there for about 5 min and then he gets up and goes. He really doesn't look so good, he looks old and tired. Gonna cherish every day we have with him.

RANCH:
    The universe passed my message on about my grumbling LOL. My builder messaged me and said that the soils guys will be out today. I talked to the surveyors about the fence markers (they recommended waiting till we get a permit number to flag). I think I can still get a fence quote though based on distance, materials and not location. Now if the freaking draftsman would contact me! Grrrrr. I don't feel an update every 30 days is unreasonable.

FOOD/EXERCISE/MOOD
    Mood is still good! I am taking the St Johns wort...not sure if it is that or something else.
    Food was meh yesterday. DH made me breakfast (half a costco bagel, egg, and a thick slice of cheese). Lunch was a chowhall cheese burger (it was supposed to be a plain burger) and sweet potato fries. DH and I shared a chocolate pudding with cream. Dinner was leftover tuna casserole...with way too much homemade bread.
    No exercise.

Reselling:
    Still so slow...no sales at all yesterday. Still consistently relisting 10 new items a day and hoping the algorithm rewards me. Watched another what seemed to be a run of the mill stay at home reseller on youtube, she makes $3K a month (after fees, costs, and taxes!).

How do I write so much each day? Best get to work!

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,385 Member
    Things have been really busy the last few days, sorry I have been so quiet. We headed off on a road trip this morning and I really wish I had done more over the weekend as usual I did some but thought I would have more time on Monday. I got in a run on Saturday in the heat and spent Sunday doing laundry and generally getting ready for our trip. Monday morning we woke up to cool, cloudy and drizzly so I had to get a run in. I had a PT appointment midday and he put me thru a workout (my triceps are SO sore now!). Monday night Hobbes and I had agility and again it was so much running but so fun. Of course when we got home I still had to finish getting everything ready (more laundry!!) and packed for the trip. It was nearly 1am when I finally fell into bed and had to be up early so we could head out. Today was our longest drive - 9 hours of driving plus about an hour of stops. I had Starbucks croissant for breakfast and then nothing until late afternoon when we stopped and I had a protein drink. Dinner wasn't too bad, a big salad and pulled pork from a small BBQ/deli near the hotel but then we had ice cream.
    Tomorrow is a 7 hour drive but then we will be in Hillsboro, OR by early evening so I am hoping to get a run or a walk in as well as one on Thursday morning. We are visiting dd's best friend and college roommate Thursday for brunch. She has two little girls (new baby and a 2 yo) and I need to tire Hobbes out before we go there so hopefully he behaves. I am nervous about him with her littles but I think other than maybe barking he will be fine.
    On Friday we head to Seattle to spend the weekend with dd. Not sure what all we will be doing other than just spending whatever time we can with her. This is our first visit up since pre-pandemic although she has been down to visit us.

@Avidkeo I hope the party went well! The cake is adorable! Also hope you had a fun day with your friends! We all need that once in a while.
    @RunsOnEspresso - hope you are feeling better! As much as I hate the menopause symptoms I do not miss the cramps, etc...
    @CMorning99 - I am sorry about grey cat. You just have to enjoy what you can with him. I worry about the day that I have to deal with Hobbes declining - keep hoping it is a long ways off!
    Also can't believe that substitute vet would want to change everything up. I guess maybe she just thinks she knows better.
    Sounds like everything else is progressing albeit slowly but that is how those things seem to go I think. Are you moving the mobile home that the lady is living in, to a different location? Do you. have to relocate all the various hookups too? Hopefully it all comes together.
    @swenson19d - are you doing ok?
  • quilteryoyo
    @CMorning99 I agree with you about the fill in vet. You would have thought your regular vet would have checked her out better. Glad the cats are both hanging in there and things are moving again on the ranch. Also glad your mood is still good and your doing okay with your food. I know you can do it. Reselling, I know nothing about, but hope things pick up for you soon.

Sounds like a great trip @shanaber . Enjoy it all. One thing I don't have to worry about with Tippy is how she will be with kids. She loves them all and is so polite. Men, on the other hand, I still have to worry about, but she is getting better. I don't think she would ever bite, but she sure sounds like it, esp if they are driving a big truck.
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    @shanaber yes I'm ok. Been busy with course work, dogs, house, husband. I think allergies got me a bit too.

Since starting the ADHD med
    Ive turned in a few assignments. They are easier to sit down and get done. All of it has been essays with the psych programme. 93 and above is an A. I struggle a bit there, I'd been a 89-92 student so I have a 3.5 in the masters programme. I got a 99/100 on the last essay in a psychology of learning class and the prof in the psych testing course was impressed with my submission and gave me extra credit. 25/20. and included a nice note I'll copy it below. He's a terse instructor and is quite rigid. so it means a bit to get a compliment from him. which, this is the second one this week.
    Maybe the best work in the class. Sincerely. Excellent job and a really good example of what I believe to be graduate level course work. My only feeback is that you need to provide a header and page number.
    Best,
    Dr. W
    I am sure I included a header and page numbers and he knows that. The format gets adulterated when it gets uploaded. Usually I add a PFD so he can see the formatting. Word because he checks APA formats. Anyway, guess the ADHD meds are paying off.
    Perhaps I have finally found how to work smarter and not harder.... with meds.

Had my last visit with my hip doc today
    He's retiring. He's been good to me. Sure he's finally talked his wife into moving to Hawaii'i. Told me to but off the SI joint fusion as long as I can and do the steroid shots as needed up to 3 times a year.

Dh had the elbow surgery redone yesterday
    The first surgery failed. they used an outdated plate for an ankle... so he looking in to suing them. Bone was loose and they had to do a graft yesterday. it was a 3+ hour surgery. His elbow is in a splint straight now. The surgeon that did yesterdays said he has fixed a few of the ones the first surgeon has done. not the first.

Dogs are doing good. Cats too. Malory and Bear are two peas in a pod. They spend the afternoons walking around knocking things off dressers and shelves and romping' chase games.
  • CMorning99
    Good morning!

@shanaber I hope you have a wonderful visit with your daughter! I have only been to Seattle 1x to visit...oh and I was stuck in the airport for 13 hours though once LOL.

There are hook-ups where I am moving the mobile home, I am putting it where mom's old one was so it will just be a matter of moving them 10ft or so.

@swenson19d I wish they had a med got just being lazy (I think it is called meth) LOL Your focus is inspiring! I have gone back and forth with going back to school (My GI Bill pays for tuition, housing, and a stipend for 3 years), but the thought of homework and papers sounds terrible. DH said I should go back to CC and get a liberal arts so I can get the money.

That is terrible about your husbands surgery, I am terrified of doctors.

I really don't have much to say today LOL. I am at work and I was in a good mood till my civiilan has Newsmax blaring in the office. I don't care where people fall on the political spectrum, but this channel is just obnoxious. Every defunct failed politician has some sort of infomercial for snake oil products (the current one on is some "politician" standing at Lincoln memorial talking about his 100% drug free pain management) on the channel and the announcers are obnoxious with their "heated" and "alarming" revelations on whoever they are targeting that day. I get so annoyed because I listen and I have 50 questions I want to ask by the time they are done because they nit pick the info they want tell you to the point it makes no sense.

Exercise, Food, Mood

I did my 3 mile loop yesterday morning. I managed 1 mile at a 13 min/mile jog straight. I need to start stretching, I had some weird pulls under my patella.

Food was high again. Yogurt and 1 serving granola, lunch was 3 street tacos (meat was kinda greasy), dinner was curry and rice (too much rice).

Mood is good. I was feeling tired yesterday after work, but made myself do a few small tasks.
  • swenson19d
    edited June 2022
    @CMorning99 You could always do a few courses that are of interest. If it's paid for, why not? There's nothing wrong with cc, but I'd find a larger uni since they offer a larger variety of courses.

85-YR-OLD GRADUATES
  • swenson19d
    @quilteryoyo I am looking for a sewing machine. I keep finding antique singers online (FB) for about 125$ then dont get to them in time. I'd like an old one built in the table. Anyway, I am about to give up. You have any suggestions for a good sewing machine for the home?
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,385 Member
    @swenson19d - Yikes on DH's surgery! I think he probably should sue. Especially if he has lost income as a result of the recovery and more surgery and more recovery!I hope he is feeling better now!
    I love the compliment from your professor! So awesome! Clearly impressed with your work!
    Will the hip doc hand you over to another doctor for ongoing care? I hope so!
    Seeing machines - I have my mom's old (60+) singer sewing machine. I have never had any other brand and probably would always go with singer. You know all of them are drilled the same so they can fir in any singer cabinet regardless of how old or new.
    @CMorning99 - I too have thought about going back to school to take a few fun classes but I don't want to be tied down to a schedule. I guess being retied has warped me that way. With it all paid for you might try it at the CC and see how you like it. It is also a good way to meet people and make friends outside of work.
    We saw the friends in Portland today and Hobbes was amazing. He loved up on the 2yo (she was holding part of a scone and I am sure that helped) and was so curious about the baby. Had to sniff her feet and got a bit jealous when I held her. He never barked at all and seemed excited to be there and meet everyone.
    Food was ok - I had Greek yogurt with fresh berries and nectarines, cheese and broccoli quiche and homemade lemon poppyseed scones that Jen's mom made. I had 2 of those! I decided I am not even going to try to Loog it all... I did get Hobbes out for a 3.3 mile run in the park and it was so cold (54F) and lovely! I even took dh for a walk there after dinner. We didn't get far but I feel like it was a win just getting him to go for a walk with us. Tomorrow we are off to Seattle. Dd has a schedule for us so it will be interesting and fun I hope. She has some conflicts that made me sad that we won't have as much time with her but we will enjoy what we have.
  • quilteryoyo
    @swenson19d Nice job on the course work. I'd be over the moon to get a note from my professor like that. Sorry to hear about DH's elbow surgery. You should at least report it and maybe get a malpractice suit going, or investigation started. That's horrible. I hope he does well this time. Don't really have a good suggestion on the sewing machine. I think I may need a new one. I haven't sown in a while and the last time I tried the machine was acting up. Mom has an old Singer in a cabinet, like you are talking about. It's the one I learned to sew on and is still going strong. I love those older machines, but they only do the basics. I guess it depends on what you plan to sew. I would NOT get a serger because it cuts the excess material off as you sew a seam. I make way too many mistakes for that! :wink:

@CMorning99 Sounds like you are doing good. That doesn't sound like enough food to be over.

@shanaber Sounds like you are having a great trip and so sorry you have to endure that "cold" weather for your run. :wink: I wouldn't try to log either. Just be mindful and start again when you get home. Enjoy every minute with your DD and so glad Hobbes did well with the children.

I have thought about taking some fun college classes too, but don't think I have the time. Now that I am of a "certain age," there are a lot of things I can take for free at the local college - photography is the one I am most interested in.
  • swenson19d
    I have a bid in on an old singer in an estate auction for 30$ haha! Seems the deceased sewed and has a few. So it is probably in working order. I really just want something for minor repairs (Kevin) and washing throws every other day is hard on them. One belongs to Alex and I use it daily. I think something basic will be fine until I need something else. DD is more likely to use it for altering her clothes. She has several that she loves and has lost weight and wants to take them in.

@quilteryoyo I'd love a photography class! Thanks for the sewing machine thoughts, you too @shanaber.
  • swenson19d
    edited June 2022
    Sewing machine madness
    I found one that is what I wanted, the old black Singer in a desk for $150. Works and "fixed", new cord, pm'd motor... DH decided we'd go get it tomorrow if the seller is available. ya!
    but... Below you can see I am bidding on a auction... I have a bid in for one like the one we are getting tomorrow and no others seem interested. yet. so... I may have two. But then I saw the Pfaff and the serger... OMG the Pfaff does everything... 😍😍. Auction closes tomorrow at 7 pm central.
    4o2l6tti7z9b.png
    Ideas on how high I should bid on the Pfaff?
    Oh never mind the "HELL YA!" that got put on everything when I found a cedar chest.
    So I went a bit nuts on the auction and have like 21 items for 250 haha! I like this auction stuff. And these past folks have some nice stuff and I wanna honour them by adopting the niceties.

I should get homework done.

I ate nothing but donuts today. Donuts, auction, Dr Pepper.... repeat all day...til I gave the pups the last of the donuts.

• quilteryoyo
    @swenson19d Sounds like you went down the rabbit hole today. LOL It happens. I hope you get the sewing machine you want.
  • swenson19d
    @swenson19d Sounds like you went down the rabbit hole today. LOL It happens. I hope you get the sewing machine you want.

Definitely went down the rabbit hole.
  • quilteryoyo
    I got an e-mail last night from my Discover card that I had a potentially fraudulent charge. It was $1 from Google. I looked it up and it said they can do that to make sure your card is valid, but I didn't make any purchases yesterday. So, I called the credit card this morning and there was also a $1 charge from Amazon yesterday. Sounds like someone was fishing to see if they could use the card? Anyway, they closed my account and I'll be getting a new card in the mail. Horrible timing since I am going to FL in a week. She is going to expedite it though, so should have the new card by Tues. I can still use this one, in store only until then. I shouldn't need to though.