Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yay! Happy to see you post! I gotta look at the activity 1 thing. Sort of exhausted right now-covid shot yesterday made me not sleep well and feeling toasty
  • Ismeme
    Ismeme Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I’m super excited to be back. I took a few rounds off, and am now definitely ready to travel the world (once I find out my team. I love the fun of a new team sometimes so signed up on the any team is great thread). The 5% challenges help motivate me to get more intentional exercise and to work on other varying aspects of living a healthier lifestyle.
  • LindieMaeP
    LindieMaeP Posts: 4,642 Member
    Options
    I am gearing up for the 5% challenge and as I do so I have my eyes on the look out for articles that will help with not only food managmenet, ( I hate the word DIE-T) but also with good suggestions for exercising especially for those like me who have to limit their time doing exercise. While breathing does burn calories, it is not enough. So here is a new article I found about shopping and the price of food and the shrinking of food packaging. There should be tips there for all no matter what country you live in.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/4-things-canadians-can-do-to-save-money-on-their-groceries-during-inflation-1.5909461

@Ismeme glad you are back and raring to go - I am sure that what ever team you land on you will bring a lot of positive cheer eh !
    @bookieNJ I hope your feeling better now and the shot effects have warn off, I know some got down right sick with their second booster. Not sure I am gonna get it. Have not got the invite, as things in BC are done by age and by immune system. My son got his invite to get the 4th but he is just getting over a cold so he will go later, he has MS so that is why he gets his shots before me. Works for me eh ! All in all, I do hope your feeling better soon !
    @cormierannie I like all kinds of music to dance to as well. Of course Amigo the cat tries to help me by following me and then FLOPPING right in FRONT of where I am stepping... I hope it is not too too hot for you, right now we are cool but it is going to warm up!
    @NovemberGail your joey in the basket reminds me of my Kartmen in a basket - my very first picture of him when he came to live with me. I still have that picture although he is no longer with me. Thanks for posting.
    @Tabatha_Cain I am glad you like the article and it was beneficial with the suggestions. I think it is very important that one enjoys the work they do and also recognizes their value in that work. 800.00 is a lot to loose and I dont' think I would change jobs for that much less either, not with today's economy the way it is. Good idea to find some positive things about your job you have now so you can continue to work at it. No point in working at a job that would make one's life miserable, which is why I retired from my job.
    @Marileighea what kinds of soup do you like to make ? I did do the mushroom/broccoli but I used a no salt chicken broth and found it bland and flat, but I add salt to each bowl, I wont' waste it I'll eat it anyway ( my other official title is burn queen as I usually burn my food ) but I do think the broth has a lot to do with the taste.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 how's the meal train going ? Or do you have that through your congregation? Don't rush movement, heal first and formost so you can do more later rather then rush and have a set back. I am glad you have someone helping you with the cleaning. When my Bible Instructor ( full time pioneer ) had knee replacement surgery, she had an army of sisters there to help her and her son, they all worked out a schedule so that she was never alone, it was amazing to see that in action! I hope you are enjoying that as well.
    WELL the sun is out and I need to get going and get out in that sun. I figure I can do a walk around the park, park my self on a bench, time it and walk around again. Nice suggestion from someone so now I am gonna go try that. Have a great day everyone and keep on the look out for the things you need to be ready for the challenge in July!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Another hot busy day. Got quite a bit done today. But lots to still do before leaving. My walk today was very slow do to the heat. But that's ok. Tomorrow I will finish the main packing so I am ready to go. I am shocked at how many clothes I can pack into a small suitcase. Anyways need to get read for bed soon. Running late tonight.
  • NovemberGail
    NovemberGail Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    The gremlins are at work. I cannot get my blog posted today. Basically, I know I need a tune up or an attitude adjustment. Some bad habits are creeping into my life -- grazing with food, too many sweets, and too much time playing computer games. Today I cut way back on the sweets (except for two Dove dark chocolates. My downfall (even though I am under calories) is the Greek Vanilla Yogurt. One step at a time. I worked my tail off today -- deep cleaning the wood floor in one of the cottages and trimming about ten forsythias. Early to bed tonight and will run around with a friend tomorrow. Looking forward to the outing.

Good to see so many on the chat! Now I'm getting ready for Billy's treat and then bed.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,, will you be able to check for your team invite if it comes while you are away? If not, have you contacted your CL to let them know? HAVE FUN!! WOOHOO!!!! It's AMAZING how much we can cram into a suitcase etc. Please drive/ride safely. BEST OF ALL ENJOY!!
    @Novembergail ,,,,Those aren't in my book "bad foods" thee Dove is delicious and not much at all on calories. In many of our books Greek Yogurt is very good, especially for those of us who struggle with getting enough protein. You work so hard, have you updated your weigh in goal? Since it's summer and you are outside so much, is it up to date with your exercise etc.? I had reset mine for the Spring Challenge and it WORKED for me!
    NIGHT BILLY!!! BILLIE DO NOT LISTEN to that it's a TRICK to get you to sleep!! RUNNNNNN!!! WAG THAT TAIL!!! LOL YOUR WELCOME Gail! LOL
  • Poppy_Merwanjee_Framjee
    Options
    Hi, I'm new, not sure where we post in for a team? I don't mind which one I get put on, I'll have to bookmark this or something so I can post daily. Cheers!

Poppy From NW Oregon
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope your week has been going well. Things are going well here. I am looking forward to the weekend. I am hoping to get to relax. That will be a nice thing. Relaxing.

@NovemberGail - Joey looks so sweet
    @cormierannie - Do you think dancing helps with the weight loss? How long do you dance for?
    @Ismeme - It does me too. The 5% challenge makes me feel so much better about my weight loss
    @LindieMaeP - I wish I could retire. I am not financially able to yet due to being only 42
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I am hoping my current job gets better. It seems better now but I just had a talk with the manager on Tuesday about things.
    @CSEGUIN2 - I hope you have a safe trip.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a fantastic day.

Tabatha
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,794 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @Poppy_Merwanjee_Framjee Locate the announcement titled Pick your team please, or something like that. Read the team descriptions, click the link for that team and post to that thread. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865505/team-choice-pick-your-team-plz-challenge#latest
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement! I'm looking forward to being part of the group.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 4,332 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,737 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today! woo hoo! my daughter says hi to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i usually dance for about an hour on average, more if i feel like i still want to dance. i went for a walk this morning and i feel great! i will be doing some dancing later on. i bought and donated some extra food to the local food bank drive this morning at the grocery store close to my home. my daughter works at her part time job after school today. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,561 Member
    Options
    @Poppy_Merwanjee_Framjee ,, WELCOME ABOARD!!! Ask a way any questions you have. We all remember when we were new to the 5% and it seems confusing at first, but it'll quickly make sense.
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, So glad you were able to talk to your supervisor and things are easier. Hopefully they stay that way. You have a bit before retirement, but many choose to do a part time job just to stay active. ENJOY the weekend!!
    @RockinRobyn672 ,, LOL I'm singing the song!! I am sure you hear that often. Your team will be DELIGHTED to have you with them. Ask a way any questions, comments. We love to hear them. The chat is not a requirement for us to post in (some have young families, some work full time, etc. etc.) but it's a great place to learn from each other as we can. No member has to make a comment on other posts, yet, we are here. I used to visit the chat to see if I could find hints to help myself, indeed I did find them. WELCOME!
    @Patti241,, Oh Patti, are you giggling yet? Its 65, humidity is at 83 , Dew Point is 59 (60 starts to be to much for easy breathing) hence why my AC IS ON!! LOL Spoiled Mainah! How are you doing there?
    @Cormierannie ,,, ENJOY Dancing the night away. That's even an okay song!! Have fun this weekend.

I can tell my foot is feeling better, I am starting to think of "Which lake is nearby?" Of course I see the harbor outside my windows, but harbor water is NOT swimming water, at least not where I am. It is though a 3 min drive to the local beach. It doesn't really have waves, the water is so COLD ALWAYS, but yet, it's a neat beach. It also has a Snack Shack, which I used to LOVE, now? Not so much. Still there's something fun about eating hot fries on a hot day at a cold water beach. My favorite beach has really good waves, is about 12 to 15 mins depending on traffic. When you live in a tourist area, you know to add in extra time from here to there. Tourists support our economy so most of us are nice to them. TY TY TY TO the good tourists for visiting our lovely state.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    @LindieMaeP -thx! All better now. My hubby has pre existing stuff so he got his 2nd booster in may. I waited til all our end-of school craziness was over to get mine just in case i had complications from it. My immune system is crummy but they don’t know why-all my blood work is great so they aren’t doing anything else to figure if out.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -all better now! Yup my 17 yo ended up taking herself to a friend’s, my younger one kept me company until book club. Luckily I felt great then -so off I went and she hung out with friends in the library.
  • Poppy_Merwanjee_Framjee
    Options
    I signed up for 'any' team now. Are the teams using WW point system or calories?

I live in a tourist area too. I was able to ride my bike today (yeah sunshine!) and it was very nice, but for whatever reason the 6ft paved trail the tourists find very "narrow" and I was almost hit twice. One fellow looked hypnotized and just bee lined for me crossing from the left all the way to the right while I scrambled to avoid collision.

I guess avoiding a wreck into blackberry vines did make me feel pretty good about my cycling skills which I would actually rate very modest but I have mastered steering around dogs and staying on my side of the trail while passing oncoming bicycles which turns out to be a skill.

I'm glad the sunshine is finally back in the PNW. I had Covid for the first couple of weeks of June and still fit like I was hit by a truck. Cheers! Look forward to the challenge.
  • pmbach1
    pmbach1 Posts: 2,149 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    So grateful for these challenges! Thought I would share my blog to sweeten your day!

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/pmbach1/view?id=three-finches-1007896#comments

Also for anyone interested I am appearing in the July issue of First For Women. Hoda is on the front cover as am I on the bottom right corner. A before and after picture is on the inside with a short bio.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I will be in contact enough that I will be able to get my invite while gone.

Today has been a productive day. I am completely packed except for the last minute things. Still not sure when exactly I am leaving lol. But at least I am ready. Not sure how my plants will look by the time I get back. Hubby hates watering my plants. Got my letter in the mail to contact my worker for an appointment. I only have a week to make the appointment so will do it next week. I am hoping they don't try to make the appointment while I am out of town as that just won't work.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 6,050 Member
    Options
    pw9b06bw357m.jpg