Downsizers Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Replies

• 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Welcome to all of the new members! We are so happy to have you join us. I wish you big success on your journey. This is a great group with lots of support.
  • 363days
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Hi all, still in NC. Step mother passed away at home on Friday early morning. It's going to be tough for my dad as he is now a widow for the second time. Saw my mom in rehab facility and while she isn't walking or standing yet, her mind is clear and is doing better than I thought.

Wasn't able to weigh in before I left but I'll be home before the next weigh in. And I've been eating like complete crap to be honest.

1/17 7321
    1/18 5406
    1/19 10770
    1/20 4964
    1/21 6990

I'm sorry for your loss, and the knowledge this will be hard on your Dad. It is a blessing that your Mom's mind is clear-I bet that was a nice surprise.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Rwood566
    Weigh in:
    PW: Can't remember, sorry.
    CW: 264.0

I have been feeling sick a lot lately. Cold, flu? Took 3 home tests and all negative. Just started getting back into things on Monday night. Also have been having all kinds of problems with the site. Sometimes I have to log out, restart my phone just to input a second food. The laptop hasn't been any better. Sometimes I can't get the community to work and other days it would take several minutes to load. I have been logging my foods, very slowly at times. I hope to get back into using this group.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 765 Member
    @lindamtuck2018

Sorry Linda, forgot to say can't weigh in this week as visiting my mum in the UK and there is something very wrong with her old scales!
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,940 Member
    edited January 2023
    @lindamtuck2018
    Did you get rid of your sinus infection?
    Impressive 2 pound loss you had this week!

inshapeCK
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 155.9 pounds
    CW (Current Weight): 155.4 pounds
    Down 0.5 pounds since last Saturday.
    Super happy about achieving a loss this week as on Thursday morning my weight was up 1 pound from my last weigh in so I really tried to buckle down on Thursday and Friday with my eating and ensured I did a good amount of walking and doing both of those things really paid off!
    Hardest part was resisting ice cream on Thursday and Friday as someone gave me an entire container on Thursday after I had a rough day Wednesday dealing with my never ending list of health problems.
    Down 14.7 pounds from my highest weight in 2016.
    Lost weight 4 weeks in a row! (Down 0.3 pounds then 1.5 pounds then 0.5 pounds then 0.5 pounds.)
    Down 2.8 pounds since joining this challenge!
    Weekly weigh ins for this group are helping me!
    I for sure would've eaten the ice cream if I didn't have a weigh in to post in this group!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    edited January 2023
    363days wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Friday weigh in
    PW 175.8
    CW 172.8
    SW 173
    13 days without alcohol has really made a difference in my weight, my mood and confidence.

Congrats on the loss and 13 days alcohol free!

rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    Weigh in:
    PW: Can't remember, sorry.
    CW: 264.0

I have been feeling sick a lot lately. Cold, flu? Took 3 home tests and all negative. Just started getting back into things on Monday night. Also have been having all kinds of problems with the site. Sometimes I have to log out, restart my phone just to input a second food. The laptop hasn't been any better. Sometimes I can't get the community to work and other days it would take several minutes to load. I have been logging my foods, very slowly at times. I hope to get back into using this group.

I hope you start feel better. We miss your daily posts. Sorry the site is giving you trouble.
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Did you get rid of your sinus infection?
    Impressive 2 pound loss you had this week!

inshapeCK
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 155.9 pounds
    CW (Current Weight): 155.4 pounds
    Down 0.5 pounds since last Saturday.
    Super happy about achieving a loss this week as on Thursday morning my weight was up 1 pound from my last weigh in so I really tried to buckle down on Thursday and Friday with my eating and ensured I did a good amount of walking and doing both of those things really paid off!
    Hardest part was resisting ice cream on Thursday and Friday as someone gave me an entire container on Thursday after I had a rough day Wednesday dealing with my never ending list of health problems.
    Down 14.7 pounds from my highest weight in 2016.
    Lost weight 4 weeks in a row! (Down 0.3 pounds then 1.5 pounds then 0.5 pounds then 0.5 pounds.)
    Down 2.8 pounds since joining this challenge!
    Weekly weigh ins for this group are helping me!
    I for sure would've eaten the ice cream if I didn't have a weigh in to post in this group!

Awesome loss! Well done on a successful January. Yes, my sinus infection has cleared up and I finished my antibiotics.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 4,286
    Sleep:✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️❌✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️

Off grocery shopping. My oldest granddaughter is staying with us for awhile. My grocery list is way different than normal. I have a new respect for those with kids and staying away from their treats.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,044 Member
    For the people who are excused from the step challenge...Please let me know if you plan to return in February ...As many of you know I will still be out of commission for awhile... 3rd foot surgery is set for 1/31 at 8am .....I really hope that this is the last one ... I am really missing my walks with my daughter and pups...I have a lonnnnnnnng road ahead of me ughhhh
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW 150.2
    CW 149.2

Im surprised with this given the difficult month I have had, but I will take it! I am headed to the gym soon and hopefully this will get me back on track for February.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 best of luck in this next surgery! Hopefully no more after this!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    PW 150.2
    CW 149.2

Im surprised with this given the difficult month I have had, but I will take it! I am headed to the gym soon and hopefully this will get me back on track for February.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 best of luck in this next surgery! Hopefully no more after this!

Thank you so much ... I too am hoping this will be the last surgery ...I am soo over it
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 882 Member
    For the people who are excused from the step challenge...Please let me know if you plan to return in February ...As many of you know I will still be out of commission for awhile... 3rd foot surgery is set for 1/31 at 8am .....I really hope that this is the last one ... I am really missing my walks with my daughter and pups...I have a lonnnnnnnng road ahead of me ughhhh

Hi Megan-

Could you please add me back to the step challenge for February with a goal of 10,000 steps per day.

Fingers crossed that your next surgery gets everything back up to par soon.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970

Hi Megan-

Could you please add me back to the step challenge for February with a goal of 10,000 steps per day.

Will do....welcome back...Thanks I hope so too😁
  • lindamtuck2018

Hi Megan-

Hi Angie! Are you going to start weighing in this month? I need a starting weight. We missed you.

• lindamtuck2018
    PW 150.2
    CW 149.2

Very nice loss. Back into the 140’s. What class are you doing today?
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    PW 150.2
    CW 149.2

Very nice loss. Back into the 140’s. What class are you doing today?

Bodypump. I think it had been two weeks since my last class since I've been traveling for family stuff. I kinda feel like I need a nap and also like I got hit with a baseball bat
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 ,
    Thank you for that great information! I never would have thought of that. I’m going to come up with a few ideas now. I wasn’t aware you struggled with that yourself.
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Weight In:
    PW: 128.5
    CW: 127.5 , back to normal,

Now I need to just lay off the cheese : I just realized that I ate two entire blocks of cheese in two days, oh dear ha ! I won’t be purchasing any more, obviously I enjoy it!
    If I have a gallbladder attack everyone will know why. 😂
  • 363days
    I am sure you want this to be over already. At least your cast is a pretty colour. If you find something that works for batwing arms please let me know. Healing thoughts for you. ❤️‍🩹

I can't wait for this to be over .....looking forward to walking my dogs again (glad I have a big backyard for them to run in but really missing our long walks in the fresh air ... I have been using my home gym for the past 4 days working on arms/shoulders(dumbells would also help for the batwings...thanks for the healing thoughts <3 . <3 ..

You always amazed me with the distances that you walked, and I know it is not just for the exercise, but the meditative feeling of being in the outdoors and connecting with your animals. I hope your able to find something, even a small thing, that brings that peace to you.
  • 363days
    Steps: 4,286
    Sleep:✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️❌✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️

Off grocery shopping. My oldest granddaughter is staying with us for awhile. My grocery list is way different than normal. I have a new respect for those with kids and staying away from their treats.

I laughed when I read about your new respect for the grocery list - oh, my gosh - I feel like I'm always preparing food when my Grandkids stay with me! Such a blessing to have them, I hope you enjoy your time.
This discussion has been closed.