Maybe we need protein meringues to nibble on instead???🤔
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,627 Member
    Options
    Lol... In smaller portions they might be manageable. 😳
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    Had a binge last night on McDonald's after a panic attack. I don't even want to think about the amount of calories. So today I don't feel great. Luckily that means I have an extra day of Pot Roast so I don't have to worry about cooking tonight. It will also push everything back a day on my meal plan which will end up helping me out with NEXT weeks plan.

I have to go down to the office 3 days next week. Which makes dinners a lot more difficult for me. So next week will most likely just be a "get through it without blowing it totally" week. I plan to get a frozen pizza and a bagged salad kit for example for 2 of those nights (and may add veggies to the frozen pizza).

I am also going to try really hard to do no fast food for 30 days. I would LIKE for that to be no ordering in/out for 30 days, but if I really want a poke bowl or a burrito bowl then I am okay with that. Those sorts of options I know I can fit into my calories and meal health needs. There are just some things I can NOT make fit.

So tonight will be the last of the pot roast. Tomorrow will be a salmon bowl. Then Sat/Sun will be Thai coconut chicken (Kevin's brand). I am working on my plan for next week and the following week today and tomorrow.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    You're ahead of the game--though Alexandra probably still has you beat! :wink:

In my world I just stock up the freezer and the pantry... and try to come up with something. Doesn't always work, of course. Potato salad I should have mixed the powdered mustard in the yogurt before adding it to the other ingredients. And lemon pepper was not the optimal choice. Oh well. Comes from being a rebel without a clue! :lol:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Had a Whataburger bacon 🥓breakfast on a bun (BOB) 350 calories. Hubby and I only go to fast food when either of us is fasting for lab work. Kind of a reward for waiting for breakfast until after the 💉blood draw!

Lunch was 4 small canned dolmas (palirria), salad 🥗and mini crackers. Not sure what dinner will be - probably more salad 🥙maybe with chopped hard boiled 🥚egg. We’re expecting severe 💨thunderstorms, hail and possible tornadoes 🌪 this evening. So a no-cooking dinner as the power 💡will probably go out.

We get our storm warnings in English and Spanish. In Spanish, storms are called appropriately TORMENTAS. 😱
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Tormenta would be four little dolma! For a second my brain said four cans of dolma and then I woke up! 😂
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Nice planning, Athijade!
    I love your concoctions, PAV. Please don't stop daring the ingredients the way you do, and especially please don't stop sharing them with us :)
    Yes - such torment! FOUR little dolmas. I guess they are sort of an accessory :)
  • lauriekallis
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Weird supper tonight - but good on the protein front: freezer dal left over from yesterday, 3 veggie weiners sliced up and fried in 2g of butter :) with a wee bit of bbq sauce, and 50g of lightly boiled frozen green peas. Odd combo - but it tasted not bad and was 42g of protein for 436 calories.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Yes - such torment! FOUR little dolmas. I guess they are sort of an accessory :)

Woulda had more but they were hubby’s leftovers from the day before. Worked out okay. Four dolmas and a big salad - not the most exciting meal but easy.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Not sure if I like your mustache; but hey: whatever floats your boat! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Not sure if I like your mustache; but hey: whatever floats your boat! :wink:

Thought I’d shake things up! Cause you know at my age women can grow mustaches... not that I have personal experience.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I think you are very cute with your mustache. Makes me want to have one too :) and I don't even have a boat!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    So I saw something online today and got a hankering, and I had to stop by the store anyway, so I got the stuff to make jalepeno poppers.

3 jalepeno about 3" long each
    1/3 less fat cream cheese
    Center Cut bacon (already had)
    Reduced fat shredded Cheddar (already had).

Cut the peppers in half, removed the stems and seeds. Mixed 3oz of softened cream cheese together with the shredded Cheddar. Added some lite salt, black pepper, garlic and onion powders. Filled the pepper halves, ate the leftover cheese mix with a spoon, lol. Took 3 slices of the bacon, cut them in half, stretched them and wrapped the cheese stuffed pepper halves. 25 minutes at 400 degrees. So good. Strangely filling and under 500 calories.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Are you talking about these @nicsflyingcircus? They're best bought when Shoppers has them on a get 30% points day, or when Superstore had them at effectively 20% in points.
  • Yoolypr
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Jalapeño poppers - a staple in Texas! Every party, appetizer menu, tailgate, cookout. Even get them ready made at the grocery store. However, Nics better version at least uses low fat cheeses.

Have you tried jalapeño jelly? Awesome on a cracker/bagel with a smear of cream cheese. Not a meal but you sure remember you ate it!
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2023
    Options
    oops: forgot the link! https://www.presidentschoice.ca/product/pc-bacon-wrapped-stuffed-jalapeno-peppers/21048989_EA

Love the costco jalapeno jelly... though it is probably too sweet if anything!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Make your own jalapeño jelly. Bag of fresh jalapeños, pectin, and some stevia or sucralose. Cook it up. Store in fridge.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    honest to goodness never ever thought of it. And I have cranberries I bought fresh and froze... jalapeno cranberry jelly with pectin and sucralose? hmmmm.....
  • Yoolypr
    edited March 2023
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    honest to goodness never ever thought of it. And I have cranberries I bought fresh and froze... jalapeno cranberry jelly with pectin and sucralose? hmmmm.....
    You won’t need the pectin if you use fresh cranberries because they make their own pectin jell when cooked. Just don’t cook the minced jalapeños cause they lose their heat. Oh - wear gloves when mincing!

I make cranberry sauce at thanksgiving with jalapeños added. Of course there’s canned sauce too. Canned sauce and canned pickled jalapeños?

The most common jalapeño jelly hack is to stir in fresh chopped jalapeños into store bought apple jelly. They do sell low sugar versions. Let it sit for a day or two in fridge to “mature”. Make it hot as you like.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Jezebel sauce for ham or poultry. Prepared horseradish mixed with apricot preserves (use the natural or low sugar variety).
    I have mixed horseradish with cranberry sauce too. Not bad but apricot is better. Works well with low fat cream cheese and crackers.