Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited March 2023
    Hello everyone. I’m relieved but red faced because my phone was hiding in my car all the time. It must have slipped out of my jacket pocket when I put my seatbelt on because although I searched 3 separate times yesterday there was no sign but after driving this morning to the post office next to the car park on the moor I saw it poking out between the seatbelt where it goes into the floor and car side panel. My garage is some way from my cottage so I wouldn’t have heard it ringing when I tried yesterday. It was the whole idea of setting up a new phone as well as the cost that I found traumatic and yes Anne they cost an arm and a leg! I’ve just used my iPad to search in iCloud/find to see if it shows the phone, for future losses, but at the moment because they are both at home I’m only getting one indicator but it looks promising so thank you Sandy, you are an Apple starlet!
    I have managed to plant tomato seeds, weed another flower bed, muck out the hen house and shampoo both pooches so a productive afternoon and just in time as the rain has now returned and it looks as if it’s here to stay for the week. 😩. I wasn’t going to but having just opened the door into the garden and felt the temperature has fallen, that will be my next task.

Thank you everyone for your concern. I didn’t realise just how dependent I am on the blessed thing so will definitely take more care of it.

Happy Sunday.
    Jackie 🥰

• Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    edited March 2023
    Just been reading about the accelerating erosion of cliffs into the North Sea. My grandparents were from Atwick (my great grandad owned the post office there) and my dads family moved up north from Norfolk. There’s always been erosion but now with climate change and the cruel North Sea it’s occurring at a much greater pace. When I lived in Yorkshire I always wanted to end my days in Atwick or Norfolk my paternal ancestral homes so maybe it’s just as well I find myself sitting in Canada reading about the poor people now losing their homes to the sea.

JACKIE lovely that you’ve found your phone!

Michael did come over for lunch and Jilly the Bean got three walks, plus spring must soon be here because she got spring fever in the form of let’s chase around the coffee table and “fingers” her favourite game. She is now buried under her blanket in her own dog bed and has been ever since Michael left. Exhausted, my little middle aged pup!

Anne.

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Our sunny day disappeared and it was very warm yesterday. But spring is on the way.

So glad Jackie found her cell phone. That was a big worry. And the loss of drivers license was huge. That gave your phone and address! Scary possibilities.

Today was fill out Walmart order and visiting with Damon. We must try to help John with the family bookkeeping.. a chore that’s beyond him but he hates Giving up that control and losing his position as head of his household. We will of course reassure him that he remains our captain and commander. Delicate subject to John.

Just popping in to say hello because I have much to do and I am behind…..as usual!
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,067 Member
    edited March 2023
    Good evening. Just got the last die cuts added to the Easter cards and finished a birthday card that must be mailed tomorrow.

It was another cold day, fitting end to the winter season? Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer. And it is my day to get all my papers together and my questions written down so I am ready for my tax appointment Tuesday morning. Next up, filling out the online paperwork for my doctor’s appointment. I am not sure where online to find these things now.

Anne, prescription deliveries aren’t commonplace in this area. I think one pharmacy chain uses Door Dash to deliver. However, the pharmacy chain I use has drive up service but no delivery from the store. You have to sign up with a separate service and then you cannot get refills from your local store. So it’s just not easy right now.

Jackie, I am thrilled that you found your phone and license. Wahoo! With that in mind, I checked my Find My app. My phone, iPads, etc. all listed. Hadn’t checked that for a while.

Patsy, I hope between you and John that you will keep on top of the finances.

Sandy, busy time for you. I am sure you are looking forward to your trip. I thought you did want a gas engine car when you were out shopping. I am looking to get rid of my older hybrid car as the expensive hybrid battery may fail at any time. I have been doing some reading on that and there is the cost of the battery, maybe around $1500+ but the experts say the dealership’s charge for removing the old battery and installing the new battery often drives the cost astronomically so the full bill can be $4,500+. And the car is not comfortable at all and is difficult to crawl in and out of when my knee or foot is aching. Looking for comfort!

Well, I have bored everyone now. Moving along. Wishing everyone well.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

ekidh5yfp6iw.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,021 Member
    I did want a gas car Lin because of price. I am happy with my Honda HRV.
  • Loveburg87
    🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING! LET THE WARM UP BEGIN!!🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

ANNE.🙃
  • Loveburg87
    Mark who’s still suffering the after effects of Corvid tells me spring doesn’t arrive until 5:30. Well, as far as I’m concerned, she’s here with bright sunshine finally. Lol.💥
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Monday! 😀 Last child put on bus, just me and Ewok for 2 1/2 hours until Max gets home. Going to make Bryanna dinner before she does my hair tonight. Will be leaving early for our mini vacation tomorrow morning. I will try to check in to let you know if I am winning! 🤞
    Happy First Day of Spring! The sun is shining but still cold although it is supposed to warm up.
    Tax papers are with accountant, hoping for a refund! ( I can hope can’t I?)

Have a good day everyone, keep smiling!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    edited March 2023
    We are supposed to be well into Spring, in fact our official summertime begins next Sunday when our clocks go forward but our weather wouldn’t know it.
    I kept our morning walk to a short local one but we still managed to get soaked and after a towelling off both pooches have been snoozing. My friend Pat phoned last night to confirm she will visit on Wednesday and return home Saturday and because it will be her birthday on Friday she wanted me to take her out for lunch. I explained that my car will be in the garage for a full service from 9am so she will have to follow me there in order to bring me home, then we can go out but she won’t be able to drink alcohol!!
    I’ve been cleaning and airing the spare bedroom and keeping the dogs out so now just have to shampoo the carpet and hang washed curtains. It will be another room Spring cleaned!
    I tried to book an appointment with the vet to get Betty’s nails cut because they are starting to curl towards her pads but Friday was the only day this week which clashes with everything else going on that day. Thursday week is booked and I will ask George’s groomer to nip off the sharp bits when she visits on Saturday. It’s a free service at the vet because I have Pet Plan membership.

Lin, I looked up Longford where the teapot came from! A pretty county in Ireland.
    z1fy830ybwau.jpeg

Well, I’ve sipped a cuppa so will fill the Vax carpet cleaner and crack on. I’m cherishing my iPhone and my driving licence!
    Happy Monday.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    edited March 2023
    Hello! Happy Spring (whatever time it arrives).

u8n9nwa5kp6y.jpeg

I made my trip to the post office and stopped by one of the banks I use to withdraw a bit of money. They never provided any checks, or a debit card, or a means to electronically transfer money to another institution. Guess that’s one way to keep the money in house right? Ha. So I got my check and took it to deposit in the place I have my main checking account.

Going to make a bit of lunch and then got to get going on my question list for tomorrow morning and time to bundle up the trash for tomorrow morning’s pick-up.

Jackie, a busy week for you! I hope you have a lovely visit with Pat. And you did find a lovely photo of Longford. We usually hope to have some spring-like weather by Easter but that particular date changes each year. This year it is early. So time to start writing notes in my cards and stuffing them in envelopes.

Anne, sorry Mark is still feeling the after effects of Covid. I heard from a friend yesterday who has been very careful due to an immune disorder and her husband has been quite careful as well. But as she said, it was inevitable, they both have Covid and are taking Paxlovid. She said that seems to be helping. I would still like to pass on this experience.

Sandy, okay, I get it, you did shop for a gas powered vehicle and you like it! 😁 Great!! Happy travels. 👍🏻❤️👍🏻

Barbie, if you and Jake decide on an electric vehicle, please share what make and model won out. If you don’t mind sharing.

Diane, are things still okay in your area? I swear every time I see something related to disastrous weather in California, I hope you are okay!

Patsy, I hope your weather is lovely, you deserve it!

Need to move along. Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

yn7zdjjoqdw0.jpeg

• Loveburg87
    Mark and Mary Jo came over and started painting the basement walls with primer. Mark looked much better but Mary Jo looked unwell I thought. I have been very fortunate to avoid Corvid but all the Ms (including Mike) are having a hard time shaking off the after effects.

One of my favourite stores has just closed down and some are retreating back to the states. It’s getting hard to find decent clothing stores here. MJ asked if I’d like to go with her to The Bay next week and yes I would. I’m starting to feel shabby and I’ve virtually given up on wearing makeup. Just a precious bit of foundation left for special occasions as in Christmas dinner etc. Who would have thought a virus could cause such a disruption to our lives. I have to buy a mobile phone as well if I want to get out and about with Jilly. As Mary Jo said, with both sides of me housing new people I’ve lost my old support group should I need help. Oh well, worse things happen at sea.

Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Tuesday! :) Just dropping by to say good morning. Have a wonderful day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    edr6t20vtjld.jpeg

Sandy, have an enjoyable and safe few days away.
    If you can, let us know how you’re getting on.
    Jackie 🥰
  • linder4866
    Sigh. The tax appointment has concluded. 🫣 The final items will be sent my way soon. Gotta get the checkbook warmed up unfortunately.

I hope everyone is well today.

Rain is expected later and then some chances of rain and perhaps snow flakes each day until next Monday.

Spring must be trying to arrive. Many Robin have been hopping around my yard, Mourning doves hanging out on the railing of my deck, bunnies hopping across my deck and a squirrel digging in the planting pots that were left on my deck last fall.

Be safe everyone.

All best wishes.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

s2wt0tk7ep82.jpeg
  • jacAth3
    edited March 2023
    Another day of dodging rain showers for me. After walking on the moors I drove into town for pet supplies and on the way home stopped at my local farm shop for Jackie supplies! More housework while George and Betty snoozed and a couple of phone chats with friends. One was to let me know 95 year old Les has been in hospital for 2 weeks but his neighbour, who saw my friend knocking at his door so told her the news, didn’t know why and we don’t have a phone number for his daughter so are stuck to find out what’s happened.

Oh dear Lin, sounds like news wasn’t great about taxes to be paid. Sorry! 🥴. Makes you wonder how the big people get away with paying nothing. No doubt a case of who you know, not what! Our forecast is dire with one storm system after another sweeping in off the Atlantic then whoopee, a threat of snow for Easter! When will this Winter ever end?

Anne, if you want a phone for what they were originally designed for, i.e phone calls, you should find one for a reasonable price. The old style flip phones are very popular again in Britain. Did you read that John Lewis stores are in financial trouble, hit by our economy crashing after the pandemic costs. A lot to do with government mismanagement of course. I doubt many younger people would ever shop in their stores because their reputation of being expensive goes before the one about good quality. I’m doing my best to carry on with a few favourites!

Pets snoozing by the dining room fire and I’ve eaten a cobbled together evening meal so will see if I can find anything worth watching on tv or probably relax with my book. On Saturday I watched a movie called Mr Jones, a true story about a Welsh journalist who worked as a foreign policy advisor for our government and PM Lloyd George in the 30’s and snuck into Russia and then Ukraine to investigate rumours of a devastating famine that Stalin covered up. Fascinating and heartbreaking but also a piece of history I knew little about so it kept my attention when initially it was seeing James Norton was playing Mr Jones that drew me to it! It’s a shame it was released in 2020, a month before lockdown so passed me by back then.

Enough rambling. Stay safe and warm everyone.
    Jackie 🥰
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :) It is starting to look like spring here and many of my neighbors have been outside with rakes and other tools getting busy. It's still a bit cold for me and I'm not ready for spring and having to be busy outdoors so I decided that I'll wait until my load of bark is delivered on April 1 and then start my yard work. Once I start, I'll be going out every day till all the bark is spread and all the weeds are pulled.

:) Our taxes are much simpler now than they were when we had a mortgage, a home based business, and my line dance income so it took much longer. Now it is simple but still stressful so I start it as early as I can once the necessary documents arrive. I am happy to report that the accountant completed it and filed it and we got our refund deposited in the bank. The whole refund went to pay the property taxes.

:) Otherwise, life continues to be simple here with only an online medical appointment for Jake this week and the next ones in June.

<3 Barbie
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 177 Member
    Hello Friends....

The pouring rain with very strong winds has started up again. We had a light rain this morning, but were told the storm would be here late afternoon. They are predicting hail, thunder and lightening with a lot of flooding happening in the state. So thankful some of these storms by pass us. The bad storms are hitting the coastal areas with a vengeance creating floods, snow and drop offs from HWY 1 closing large areas of the highway. Thankful we are not anywhere with a water problem might be a problem to us. The two days of nice weather without rain was wonderful. So ready for the spring temps. There is so much snow in the mountains that skiing will last into June. Sorry for those people living there dealing with very tall snow depths.

Made my trip to my eye doctor yesterday wearing my mask, which is a requirement then over to talk to the pharmacist still with my mask on. Last Friday it was my luncheon date with the lady neighbors....all 12 of us. Well not sleeping well recently has brought my resistance down and last night I acquired either a bad cold or a virus. Thought it was allergies, but changed my mind on that. I am never sick, so not happy with this. Don't know Covid symptoms, but think I will use one of my testing kits. Don't like colds either because they tend to stay with me and give me problems. The joys of rainy weather.....

Need to run. I suspect it will be a early to bed night. Take care everyone....

Diane
  • Loveburg87
    Just lost an enormous and I think, more interesting post than usual. GRRRRRRRRRowl !!!!!!!!
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Wednesday! Holding my own and having a wonderful time. Tonight we celebrate my friends 80th birthday at the fine dining restaurant here.
    Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited March 2023
    Good evening. I got sentiments added to the inside of all Easter cards. Now to sign them and maybe add a personal message to each. Progress bit by bit.

I have also been reading a library book rather than doing my chores. 😢 But it is a good read, cannot resist. My live online class starts in a little while but I wanted to say hello.

Sorry for lost post Anne.

And Diane, have you found out what type of illness has grabbed hold of you? I hope you will feel better soon.

Sandy, glad things are going okay. Enjoy the birthday party!

Barbie, glad your taxes are done and a refund?!? Wow.

Jackie, glad you got supplies yesterday and found a good movie to watch. 👍🏻👍🏻. And sorry about Les’s health problem. I hope you hear more about how he is doing.

Well, time to login! See you tomorrow.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

4usg5sdh7a1g.jpeg