Replies

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    looneycatblue (aka Teresa)
    Wk 1 - Sun, Jun 11th
    PW: 173.6
    CW: 176.6 (I really didn't want to have to post this)
    Gain: 3.0
    Note to self, don't over-indulge day before weigh-in!!! (I was seeing numbers hovering around 172+ earlier in the week) Back to the basics today! I am hoping this is reflecting more of a water gain and not a real gain.

HW: 182.2
    SW: 178.8 (started with beg May 2023)
    Month 1, May 2023 - End wt = 176.0: loss 2.8
    Month 2, Jun 2023 - current wt 176.6: gain 0.6

Loss May 2023 - current = loss 2.2
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Congratulations @frankwbrown! The fact that there were only two people running in your category shows that you are doing more than most people by showing up. Kudos to you for ‘entering the arena!’

Congratulations to you @looneycatblue, too! You also showed up for yourself and your Shape Shifters team. It’s much easier to walk away and give up. I have a favorite samurai quote that I’ve posted here before: Fall down seven times, get up eight.”

We are all here to learn what works to reach our goal and that often includes learning from our missteps. My dad always said that guilt is a wasted emotion; he encouraged us to reflect, learn, make the needed adjustment, and try again.

Thank you for sticking with it so we can all benefit from hearing what you learned and how you adjusted to keep making incremental progress. As my son frequently says: There’s no failure, just winning and learning!

Onward!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,242 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @PatriceFitnessPal. I'm going to stay in the arena for as long as I can, first place or last! 😂

I like that quote: "Fall down seven times, get up eight.”
    It reminds me of a similar one I came across: "If you stumble, make it part of the dance."
    Life is a dance, it has its ups and downs, its wins and losses, happy times, sad times. While it's admirable when we see someone who moves with amazing grace, there is also a form of grace to be found in how we recover from failure or difficulties.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,108 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown CONGRATS on you finishing your race! Now you can wear your t-shirt proudly in future runs!

Jessica
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Sunday 11th steps 3124
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Cyncia1028
    Sunday June 11 weigh in
    222 lbs
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the card for today. Happy Monday everyone <3
    4pnf9risykix.jpg
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Sunday, June 11th Steps = 9,184
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown Wow, you did awesome! Congrats!
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    JenHul
    Monday weight in day
    PW: 175.5
    CW: 174.3

June 8= 11,368
    June 9= 10,510
    June 10= 3177
    June 11= 5266

dropped off on the weekend again for steps, gotta quit being lazy over the weekends that we are not camping or boating!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Great quote @frankwbrown! “If you stumble, make it part of the dance.” I love it 😍!

@Bumbinella - I’m glad your extra effort paid off.

You’re doing great @JenHul! No need to get down on yourself for relaxing. Whenever I slept longer than I expected, my grandmother used to say, “You must have needed it!” It’s fine if you want to move more on the weekends, of course, but I’m not going to let you call yourself lazy. 🙈🙉🙊

Nice work to all the step challenge participants. I’m going to start tracking soon. I just haven’t made it to the store to get my watch yet. I also need new turf shoes for soccer so I think I’ll get there soon.

We play soccer on Sunday nights and I always think about my need for new shoes when my right arch is sore on Monday morning! 😬 Our team won again last night. We’re having a great season and my teammates are all wonderful and supportive people, which makes it more fun. ⚽️

I hope everyone has a good week! Go get those goals, Shape Shifters!
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @frankwbrown congrats on your 10k! That’s an amazing achievement! Also, you’re logging in some huge step #s! Way to go!! Very inspiring!

@Bumbinella congrats in that great weight loss!! Commitment and persistence paid off! Love it!!

@looneycatblue you can do it! Basics works for sure! You’ll get your weight loss next week’
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,108 Member
    Options
    JessicaKrall8
    Mon Weigh in
    PW: 302.4
    CW: 304.0
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @cre804 - I feel your pain. I find ice cream to be the most tempting for me. I don’t but it now that my sons are in college because it’s too easy to fall back into the habit of having a little every night.

It must be especially hard to resist during your recovery but your appetite was so low right after surgery that it might work out fine.

If I want ice cream these days, I have to take a special trip to the local store. I’ve been wanting to eat some lately but not enough to take the trip. I might have some on a day that I can work the calories into my daily target. Tomorrow might work because I have two workouts scheduled and I’m hoping to complete a big task. After I meet my deadline, a walk to the ice cream shop might be nice.

How about other Shape Shifters? What’s your strategy for dealing with temptations like these?
This discussion has been closed.