Replies

• alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Monday the 12th steps 3455
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    @WA_Teacher please post your steps for May 22nd - Jun 3rd before Friday to get credit for them.

We're ready to close out the month and announce the winners. Thanks!
    Jessica :blush:

Sorry for not responding sooner. I thought I had posted that I was taking myself out of the challenge. With my tendon injury I’m doing as little walking as possible.
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I was out of town for a graduation.

Sunday, June 11th
    WA_Teacher
    Previous Weight: 242.5
    Current Weight: 244.5
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,572 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is todays card. Happy Tuesday everyone <3
    ce06457d0ujv.jpg
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    June 12th Steps = 8183
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,189 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 6/11: 10,067
    Mon 6/12: 11,829
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    @WA_Teacher - I hope your tendon feels better soon and you can enjoy your summer break from teaching!

BTW — The former State Director of Special Education in Washington (and formerly Utah) - Glenna Gallo - was recently confirmed as the U.S.Department of Education’s Assistant Secretary for the Office of Special Education Programs and Rehabilitative Services (https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/statement-us-secretary-education-miguel-cardona-senate-confirmation-glenna-wright-gallo) after a long wait to be confirmed.

The countdown must be getting close to zero days left until summer. Thank you for the important work you do!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Steps
    6/9 13,478
    6/10 15,234
    6/11 13,716
    6/12 12,388

Congratulations on your fantastic step count! I’m always amazed at the number of steps you all complete @pedal_power, @Pupowl, @izzyred9400, @frankwbrown, @SavageMrsMoose, and so many others here!

Special 🎉🎉🎉 to @jessicakrall8 on the huge milestone badge.

No matter how large or small you step count is, setting and accomplishing those step goals is quite an achievement.

@cre804 - I’m so glad to hear about your progress pedaling on the bike and walking 4/10 mile with incremental improvement. That’s a smart way to heal — slow and steady wins the race!

And a belated cheer for last week’s leaderboard winners from the ShapeShifters team! @nancyinmo, @SavageMrsMoose, and @looneycatblue 🎉🎉🎉🎉

• PatriceFitnessPal
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose - I loved your heart warming story about Buddy’s relationship with your children. I remember when our Boston Terrier, Petey, was very sick and had to stay at the veterinary hospital. The medical team was trying to decide if it was better to keep him there a little longer or send him home with us. We went to visit and Petey perked up so much there was no doubt he should go home. Our new motto since we had to say goodbye 🌈🐶 is “live life like Petey!”

Buddy is a lucky dog!

Today, we went to the CVS near our house because the general manager was there to honor the staff after my husband sent a letter to the CEO to let her know how much we appreciate the staff there. They create a sense of community and ‘neighborhood corner store’ feeling. I’ll try to share a video of our dog’s morning routine, rushing over to CVS each day to greet everyone (and get his daily treat!).

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/43/03/CB8695EB-25E5-44A0-89CD4CB1699A3263/segment_video_2.mov
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @Zaxa2021 - Your trip to the Grand Canyon sounds wonderful and I’m sure you’ll manage a hike that feels right for you. The views are always breathtaking and I love the way the colors change with the position of the sun throughout the day. I have such special memories of a trip there with my mother and two sons. My sons loved the stargazing, too! Have fun!

… and good for you, @frankebrown! That next race sounds like a nice route, too. Did you get to enjoy the redwoods after your last race? I hope so — beautiful and so majestic!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,069 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all:

Enjoying my staycation, but today I had to get up early and take my car to the auto service center for routine maintenance. Glad to get that accomplished and then ran a few errands, did some walking, read a book, relaxed, played with Betty...prepared and ate lunch and dinner at home and walked some more...did my strength exercises for arms, shoulders, neck, core and waist...today I received my soft-sided 2 lb weights, so first time using those while doing the exercises...only did ten minutes because I don't want to get overly sore.

Hope y'all had a nice day!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited June 2023
    Options
    cre804 wrote: »
    @PatriceFitnessPal , @frankwbrown , @pedal__power

I did end up having ice cream yesterday. BUT- it was after dinner, and I had plenty of calories left for it. I layered some strawberries in the bottom of my cup before adding the ice cream, so that made it look like I had more ice cream than I really did. So, it was more planned than impulsive. I normally don’t keep ice cream in the house, but Blue Bell was on sale for Memorial Day, and it was my first grocery trip post-surgery, so I picked it up as a special treat. I’m proud that there’s still half a carton left!

Well done @cre804! You handled your cravings perfectly! I like to use fruit as the main sweet with a small amount of yogurt or ice cream, too. Thanks for sharing what worked!

I like the protein shake idea @bearchested! It’s so much easier to consume calories than burn them, isn’t it?! … but I often ask myself if it’s worth it to cut calories or exercise more for the next few days to make up for some ‘treat.’ Usually, I can find a substitute that works - like @SavageMrsMoose suggested - but sometimes it really is more satisfying to enjoy a particular occasion and then deal with it over time.

In winter, my go-to substitute used to be a graham cracker, apple sauce, and a sprinkle of cinnamon heated a bit, but lately I go for a tablespoon of dark chocolate chips and a few walnuts or yogurt covered raisins. I bough some fruit popsicles because I thought they’d be refreshing in the heat, but I haven’t touched them 🤔

Thanks to everyone who weighed in with ideas. Keep sharing! It’s great learning new strategies with you all!
This discussion has been closed.