6/15- 9455
    6/16- 4316
    6/17- 63,492
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    kodakslim wrote: »
    Good morning

I’m just checking in to keep myself accountable, and possibly get some tips. I checked my Fitbit stats and since last week, I have walked an extra

+ 18,592 steps
    + 9 miles

I have cut out sweet stuff (chocolate, baked goods etc) and I have also cut out the late night snacking. But, my weight doesn’t seem to be going down at all. I know from past experience that weight loss doesn’t happen overnight (wouldn’t that be nice? :D ) and I just need to persevere.

Does anyone have any tips for when weight loss stalls, despite additional exercise and making healthy food choices?

Do I add in more exercise? A different type of exercise other than brisk walking? Feeling a bit lost! I do have PCOS so that could possibly be contributing to the issue.

Thank you x

@kodakslim Do you log your calories? I don't regularly, but will on occasion when I'm struggling with losing to get an idea of what I'm eating. Even if I am eating healthy foods, I am frequently surprised at how the calories add up so quickly.

I don't know too much about PCOS, but could you ask your doctor for tips on losing weight with this condition? From the little I know about it, that definitely could be making things harder for you.

Keep going! If you're making progress in your habits, the scale will notice eventually!!!

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,074 Member
    Options
    kodakslim wrote: »
    Good morning

I’m just checking in to keep myself accountable, and possibly get some tips. I checked my Fitbit stats and since last week, I have walked an extra

+ 18,592 steps
    + 9 miles

I have cut out sweet stuff (chocolate, baked goods etc) and I have also cut out the late night snacking. But, my weight doesn’t seem to be going down at all. I know from past experience that weight loss doesn’t happen overnight (wouldn’t that be nice? :D ) and I just need to persevere.

Does anyone have any tips for when weight loss stalls, despite additional exercise and making healthy food choices?

Do I add in more exercise? A different type of exercise other than brisk walking? Feeling a bit lost! I do have PCOS so that could possibly be contributing to the issue.

Thank you x

Good morning @kodakslim ...wow, great stats from last week. You're right...the body takes a while to respond to the good...why couldn't it do that for the bad?!! LOL

I've found that shaking things up...nutrition wise, exercise/activity wise...anything that readjusts your patterns will shake the stalls. We're all such creatures of habit that when we do something OUTSIDE the norm, that will get things moving again.

Sounds like to me you're on the right track...just keep doing what you're doing...stay active...perhaps incorporate something different. I just bought 2 2-lb weights and I'm using those in some strength training for my arms, shoulders and waist exercises...trying to do 3-5 times a week for 10-20 minutes.

Sounds like you're a sweets person (I'm the opposite...I'm a crunch person), so make sure you have something low-cal that will take the edge off when a craving hits but that won't derail you...like a power bar, granola bar, etc. ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN B...for everything.

Keep on, keepin on! :smiley:
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @Zaxa2021 WOW!! When you hike, you don't play?!! Bet your muscles are feeling it this morning...your pictures are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing! Congrats on completing it!!

Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Congratulations @Zaxa2021 🎉🎉🎉 - That’s quite an accomplishment!

@kodakslim - I like @jessicakrall8’s suggestions and @Zaxa2021 asked a good question about logging calories and tracking the data to figure out what adjustments you can make. One of the MFP community ‘Success Stories’ that I found helpful is What do you notice? What do you wonder?. Here’s a link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10806436/what-do-you-notice-what-do-you-wonder

This process was helpful to me because I like to test out small changes that I can sustain for the rest of my life. I’ve realized over the years that diets and restrictions are only temporary unless I build habits that I can live with most days. I don’t want to be too rigid with myself because I know I won’t be able to maintain my weight long term if I feel deprived, etc.

I appreciate your post because it reminds me that I used to review my weekly data on my weigh-in day so I could learn from it, but I haven’t been doing that as consistently as I did in the past. I’m going to recommit to that weekly practice because I was more successful then.

I don’t have much knowledge about - nor experience with - Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), but there are many MFP community spaces dedicated to the topic. I’m not sure if you’ve seen them but this seems like a good place to start:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10210948/start-here#latest

Best wishes and keep up the good work! The process takes longer the closer we get to our goal weight so I try to think of it as a positive development. 😉
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,190 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 6/16: 10,406
    Sat 6/17: 10,847
  • jessicakrall8
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Sbus12 wrote: »
    Weigh day
    PW 179.8
    CW 179.1

6/17 steps 8855

@Sbus12 Hey there...just checking, but you do know that your weigh day is on Mondays, right? Is that correct? Why are you weighing in a day early? Let me know if you want your day switched to Sundays, ok?
    Jessica
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Fri, Jun 16 = 8726
    Sat, Jun 17 = 3987
  • kodakslim
    kodakslim Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @Zaxa2021 I haven’t been logging my calories consistently :/ I did log a few things today, and I was shocked to see that the tiny pot of cashew nuts that I regularly enjoy has a whopping 350 calories! Thank you for the reminder to log my calories, as I do get lazy with that, and I shouldn’t.

@jessicakrall8 thank you. I agree, I think it’s time to shake things up a bit. I have an exercise bike and some dumbbells that need dusting off, so that’s my plan for this week. Yes, I’m very much a sweets person - once I get a taste for something sweet, it feels like I can’t control it. I used to buy Skinny Crunch bars which have between 70-99 calories each, so I’ll get some in this week.

@PatriceFitnessPal the “diets and restrictions” part really resonated with me. I first joined MFP in 2018 after having my son, and I weighed 184 lbs. I would say I was quite restrictive with my eating, and although got down to the high 130s, I soon piled a lot of it back on, because I felt I was “depriving” myself. Thanks for the links, I’m
    going to check them out.

I appreciate all of your replies. You have all given me some great tips and encouragement x
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 278 Member
    Options

08e911t62qqr.jpg

Missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @dcresider
    @angmarie28
    @kcpond

Walkers, please check the step challenge chart and post your steps for any days missing from Jun 4 to present. Please include the date, so it's clear which days you're reporting. Thanks all!

@Cyncia85 I need your steps from Jun 4 to present please and we ask that you report in every 2-3 days so it's easier to keep our stats up to date. Thanks! I'm anxious to see how you're doing, since you're new to the challenge, but I went back through all 12 pages of the Jun chat thread and I can see where you signed up, but haven't seen any step reports listed.

Thanks all!
    Jessica :smile:

@jessicakrall8

Yes, I am behind on posting my steps. My apologies for getting behind on the step share. I'm not entirely sure what happened for June 4-10. This past week, I have not been feeling good plus stressors at work and some personal issues. So I have not been hitting my step or physical activity goal.

Regarding your comment about going through all 12 pages of the June chat thread, I remember making the post about signing up - it has goals for June. If you need something more from me - let me know.

Here's all my steps. I will do better at posting my steps every couple days and hitting my goal.

Sun June 4 = 7,806
    Mon June 5 = 8,114
    Tues June 6 = 5,402
    Wed June 7 = 9,567
    Thurs June 8 = 4,472
    Fri June 9 = 5,315
    Sat June 10 = 8,025

Sun June 11 = 5,051
    Mon June 12 = 3,656
    Tues June 13 = 2,822 (I think this was the day my watch was charging because I let it get to 0%)
    Wed June 14 = 3,350
    Thurs June 15 = 4,193
    Fri June 16 = 6,291
    Sat June 17 = 3,928

Again, my apologies for getting behind on the step share.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is todays card. Happy Monday everyone <3
    obzgzpf506kn.jpg
This discussion has been closed.