Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    @murdog3t A good day, Tami!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Has anyone joined any other community groups ? If so which ones ?
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »

I am doing the Hogwart's Challenge, which just started on Monday. Very structured, well run challenge that seems overwhelming when you first get into it, but if you plan your week properly, you can meet all the requirements.

I am also in a thread started by jm216 "November Daily Logging and Weigh-In Challenge". She has a new one each month.

I had to drop out of the Fat 2 Fit Challenge, which is just like The Biggest Loser Monthly Challenge (when it was a challenge), because I missed two weigh-ins in a row. If I get my head screwed on again, I will rejoin for December.
  • HASWLRS
    edited November 2023
    Options
    How was everyone's Halloween? We had some flurries around dinner time, but they didn't last. Nothing on the ground. I wasn't sure how many kids we were going to get as I didn't give out candy last year and this year was colder than it has been in a long time on the 31st. I had a group of 7 come at 8 pm and that left me with only 3 in the bowl, so I turned out the lights after 24 kids. Next year I will aim for maybe 35. I ate two bars and was still under my calorie goal, thanks to an active day that included an uncomfortable walk because of my knee.

Seeing as it is Wednesday (Weigh-In Wednesday) and the 1st of a new month, I weighed 205.2 this morning. Let's see if I can get back to Onederland by the 30th!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS
    Your new porch project sounds amazing!! An outdoor kitchen and a hot tub! 🥰

@brandi_84 Good for you on the chocolate! I have some Lily’s chips in the house that I seem to be able to enjoy in moderation. I don’t do as well with the real dark chocolate, but Aldi has a great selection of that.

@murdog3t Your daily ✅list is very inspiring! You’re doing so well!

Hi to @therealbluenote and @DaffyGirl88!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @Tomsgal1985 (Susan)
    Today’s Date: November 1
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 232.8
    Today's Weight: 234.2

I actually got as high as 235.6 😭 If you’re so inclined, please pray that I can get my eating under control.

Have a blessed day, everyone 💕🙏🏻☀️🤗
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,615 Member
    Options

@murdog3t I am part of the Game of Thrones challenge group. We just finished one and are taking a small hiatus for the holidays. During that time we will be playing Bingo (same as the Hogwarts Bingo if you've ever done that). If you are interested in playing Bingo let me know and I'll get you the info. I am thankful to be challenge free for a bit, was getting burned out there.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Halloween was a success, I ate none of the leftovers. We only had one visitor so pretty much everything is leftover. 😕. Luckily we had a mixed bag of candy bars that I don't like (Snickers and Milky Way) and fun sized M&M's. I get those all the time and build one into my budget every day so they are okay to have on hand. I can stop at one pack.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    o8te4lnf6l9w.jpg
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    I sat a bowl of candy out on the porch and they were 3 snickers left.
    We wanted to watch scary movies and it's stressful on the pups for the doorbell to keep ringing.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    I am not a scary movie person, but my husband is so I've been watching them by default all month. I can usually tune them out while I'm reading. Especially with the book I'm reading my, Happiness Falls by Angie Kim. OMG it is so good! I almost blew off work to stay home and finish it. 😂😂
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Happiness Falls....what type of book is it, Sue?
  • murdog3t
    Options
    Date: 10/31
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: ✅
    under calories: ✅
    20g net carbs : ✅
    30 min exercise: ✅
    30 min walk : ✅
    7000 Steps : ✅
    Water: 96

Goal go today : log 🪵 all my 🥘 food . I have joined a spiritual authority cohort so learning lots of great stuff about praying and our blessings as humans
  • murdog3t
    Options
    Weekly Post:
    Username: @Tomsgal1985 (Susan)
    Today’s Date: November 1
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's Weight: 232.8
    Today's Weight: 234.2

I actually got as high as 235.6 😭 If you’re so inclined, please pray that I can get my eating under control.

Have a blessed day, everyone 💕🙏🏻☀️🤗

It’s taking daily prayer for me as well . I haven’t been this heavy since I started mfp way back when….. I just keep praying and remembering my body is a temple I am only in day 3 but it’s a start xoxo will keep you in my prayers
  • murdog3t
    Options

@murdog3t I am part of the Game of Thrones challenge group. We just finished one and are taking a small hiatus for the holidays. During that time we will be playing Bingo (same as the Hogwarts Bingo if you've ever done that). If you are interested in playing Bingo let me know and I'll get you the info. I am thankful to be challenge free for a bit, was getting burned out there.

Interested let me know thanks
  • murdog3t
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

I am doing the Hogwart's Challenge, which just started on Monday. Very structured, well run challenge that seems overwhelming when you first get into it, but if you plan your week properly, you can meet all the requirements.

I am also in a thread started by jm216 "November Daily Logging and Weigh-In Challenge". She has a new one each month.

I had to drop out of the Fat 2 Fit Challenge, which is just like The Biggest Loser Monthly Challenge (when it was a challenge), because I missed two weigh-ins in a row. If I get my head screwed on again, I will rejoin for December.

I am interested in this can you send me a link
    Thanks
  • HASWLRS
    Options

I am interested in this can you send me a link
    Thanks

Just scroll through the Challenges category in the Community and you will find them.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Happiness Falls....what type of book is it, Sue?

@HASWLRS a riveting one!! LOL Here's a blurb from GoodReads - Mia, the irreverent, hyperanalytical twenty-year-old daughter, has an explanation for everything--which is why she isn't initially concerned when her father and younger brother Eugene don't return from a walk in a nearby park. They must have lost their phone. Or stopped for an errand somewhere. But by the time Mia's brother runs through the front door bloody and alone, it becomes clear that the father in this tight-knit family is missing and the only witness is Eugene, who has the rare genetic condition Angelman syndrome and cannot speak.

But aside from the mystery the writing is fantastic and the insights into family dynamics are great. It's very good all around. Also a very interesting look into how we view people with autism or are unable to speak for other reasons. It's fascinating.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I'm going to do this next part in 2 separate posts, you'll see why. :-)

My daughter talked me into doing an 8k last month. 😯 I told her that I would only do it if we could walk, which we did (although jogged a little at the end to pass a few people 😂LOL). I did it because I HAD to have the medal, which is a pumpkin.🎃 And we all know how much I like pumpkin. Pictures below... and yes it rained the entire time.😕
    12d24s5addiu.jpg
    n34duiasabtr.jpg