WaistAways Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    So I have definitely been in a funk these past 2 weeks. The self sabotage has hit hard, and part of the problem is they say don't feel guilty for going off the wagon. So then I don't feel guilty and keep on eating bad. I do need some sort of self-accountability for the way I've been eating. I feel like I'm so far off the wagon I just want to say f*** it. Part of this is my mood, PMS, and once I stop eating added sugars, I know I will be back on track. I feel like I have lost my why.

My plan for tomorrow is to aim for 1 perfect day. No added sugars. I am going to my body pump class in the morning, I have my meals planned out.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options

…I feel like I should answer my own questions now, too. So, I definitely rebel or self-sabotage and I still haven't found a reason why other than it's part of my nature as a human. It definitely does not help with my goals especially the way I do it. My biggest self-sabotaging habit is drinking. Once I drink, my inhibitions go down and then I hit my point of not caring. That becomes a spiral of overindulgence and it can happen so easily….

You’ve realized some key things about self sabotage and drinking…well done.
    I had to fully “retire from alcohol” as the primary strategy to get my feet under me and stop deluding myself that I’d use my other strategies *after* drinking. The “thinking brain” gets tossed out the window when the “primitive brain” takes over, under the influence! It slyly convinces us that we’re right and the plan is solid…all the whole pouring more of our choice beverages down our throats while we’re busy thinking about something else. We’re not the victims of circumstance that we suppose we are. I also resist doing things that I know are better for me. There’s something about “I-don’t-wanna-have-to” that seems like a comforting spot when it really isn’t comforting at all. We humans are complicated beasts, aren’t we?!
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Useename: Bowens1973
    CW: 223.0
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    PW=79,5Kg
    CW=79,0Kg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    So I have definitely been in a funk these past 2 weeks. The self sabotage has hit hard, and part of the problem is they say don't feel guilty for going off the wagon. So then I don't feel guilty and keep on eating bad. I do need some sort of self-accountability for the way I've been eating. I feel like I'm so far off the wagon I just want to say f*** it. Part of this is my mood, PMS, and once I stop eating added sugars, I know I will be back on track. I feel like I have lost my why.

My plan for tomorrow is to aim for 1 perfect day. No added sugars. I am going to my body pump class in the morning, I have my meals planned out.

Good for you! Sometimes the "why" comes back only after that one perfect day. Then we remember how giving ourselves better nourishment and movement feels. It feels really good. Pride goes up, energy often increases, and all our cells do a little happy dance. It might take a few more days to get the full effect, but sometimes we have to kick the f*** it voice down the stairs and just do that first day even if we absolutely don't feel like it. You've got this!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    The November Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Nov. 19th. Please join us for the "Eat It, Burn It" challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10903583/november-week-4-group-challenge-eat-it-burn-it/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread this week!
    Jessica
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Hii!

CW: 179 :(
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 what kind of new sneakers do you have? They sound great. I sure hope you do not have covid and that the cold or whatever creeping virus you have goes away fast. I hope you can enjoy your company.

I had a good day - it feels great to be back home. I had a fun session with Jasper and ground poles - he really got into it, and even when it was time for his relaxing cooldown, he kept walking over the poles over and over again. He would make little figure 8s. I had him on a completely loose rein so he could go anywhere he wanted. It was almost like he wanted to keep practicing, or turning the ground poles into a little game. Big silly beast. Our new saddle should arrive this week, so then we can get back to some adventurous trail rides and things.

Hope your weekends are going well - last few weigh-ins for the week are due over the next 11 hours!
    @strong_fit_ells
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @JScottJr1988
    @conleywoods
    @eggfreak
    @Pearl4686
    @IDebraK

Thanks!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    hi friends - I took yesterday off from my workout since I went out to dinner with my mom and brother. fun night! Did a quick bedtime yoga to stretch. I definitely had delayed soreness in my right elbow and bicep from tuesday's arm workout, glad that I rested it.

Tonight I did yesterday's workout while watching Cinderella Man with my mom - such a good movie! It's been a very long time since I have watched it. And it was a good workout, I pushed myself in the 2nd block of exercises to go a little longer than the first block, so I'm proud of that. Looking forward to a nice hot shower now.

@jugar love those Jasper updates!

@micki48 so awesome that new shoes are helping so much!!

@lauren_989 sending good vibes for that one perfect day
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh-in
    This is my Friday weight, just posting late.
    PW 89.2
    CW 90
    It was all going so well until ot wasn't...
  • jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    CW on Thurs AM - 177. I am going to bow out for the rest of the year, get my *kitten* together and begin anew in January and be that cliche...again. I'm sorry for my non-participation, where the hours and minutes, days, weeks go I don't know.

You know you have all our support! Take it easy, and we will see you in January :heart: :kissing_heart:
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

hccvd5tun00s.png
    y7yvga37ekf3.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    t7x8nuaa6ai3.png

By Pounds
    okvg66vatlec.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    qrtn8t87w8n3.png
    xvxmrhn6kh8i.png

By Pounds
    kg58zgcg6o7d.png

Team Winners
    ddivppevbq45.png
  • jugar
    Options
    I hope everyone had a good weekend and that we are all ready for week 4! It snowed most of the day today, so I am happy out wandering around with the flakes.

Here comes Monday!
    @CarolAnnM2
    @cleaneater80
    @littlemzkitty
    @strong_fit_ells

Eat well and enjoy the day -
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    @micki48 what kind of new sneakers do you have? They sound great. I sure hope you do not have covid and that the cold or whatever creeping virus you have goes away fast. I hope you can enjoy your company.

The sneakers are Brooks Ghost Max. I feel like I’m walking on air. My foot is not in awful pain at the end of the day, doesn’t feel numb or like it’s burning. So much better. My hip is also much better. Still there but I’m not limping.

My rose 🌹 (win) for the day was that I watched my new grand kitties while my daughter and fam went out. Ate a quarter of a left over sandwich from her fridge. When I got home at almost 11pm, I was hungry. I ate some salad and 5 strawberries 🍓 instead of grabbing whatever high calorie thing I could find. It was satisfying but not heavy and nutritious to boot.

My thorn (or bad thing) was I looked into Noom to help me get back on track. I went through the whole survey and just couldn’t commit to doing it right now in the midst of the holidays. I don’t think I have it in me until January after the holidays. Commitment, motivation- two things hard to find this time of year for me. I will be mindful when I eat and try to make little improvements where I can. I will try to move more. Noom may have to wait till January. I really am not ready to make that commitment knowing myself and the holidays.

So here are the new grand kitties. d0w4vu8gwcf7.jpeg
    1xw7v8d1rj8q.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.