WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy walking is great. I like some of the YouTube walking. With me it is all about the music. It makes me want to move.

My husband is in recovery. It went well. Doctor said his knee was in bad shape. They were going to do a partial knee replacement. But ended up being a full one. I will be staying with him for awhile. Then go home to care for our pets. Hope none of my new fish died.

I hate eating alone. If I lived alone I would be very thin. Will get in some weights tonight. I might not get much done tomorrow. I need to be back at the hospital at 0830. And be lucky to be home by noon

Shelley
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen it can be a challenge to exercise in winter. Dark when I get home. I can do stairs at work for legs. Put a sidewalk around my home so at least I can take my dogs on mini walks. I enjoy body workouts so can do them at home. Gets cold here in Wyoming and very windy. We can walk in the mall during winter.

@jugar can I ask how old you are. I noticed you mentioned muscle gain is hard at your age. So was curious.

Husbands surgery is in the morning. Am I supposed to be tracking daily steps? If so sorry for missing that. I have baked no cookies as of yet. Though I have made fudge.

Might not get a chance to chat tomorrow. Husbands surgery. Care of our pets. And I am busy with acclimating some new fish too.

Shelley
    I hope everything goes well for your husband's surgery. Fish, pets, and all the others too :smiley:

I'm going to turn 70 in January - luckily still feeling great most of the time!

As for steps, some people on the team log their steps and other exercise in a friendly not too competitive way - just let @ashleycarole86 know if you'd like to do that. It can be motivating on those days when you don't feel like doing much.

You do give me a chuckle about needing sidewalks around your place to take walks. I'll post some photos of our crazy paths around here soon! Once off our land, it is gravel (right now packed snow) roads. Walking is great here, but your dogs have to be a good size to put up with the snow!
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 232.0
    Back on the peloton on Saturday and time to get serious.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    @zumbaforever
    Wishing your husband a smooth recovery.
    My husband got a hip replacement in 2020 and it was a game changer for him. Hope yours has the same experience. I know knees are tough.

@MaddawgMadsen
    Not too much winter change- although we are camping every weekend in the middle of nowhere so it's easier for us to hit the mountains for hiking and snowshoeing
    I ride the Peloton year round but it's my only choice in the winter
    And my walks for the dog stay the same but she's really little so if it gets too cold she can't go out
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    hi pals. way too late, yet again, for me. I put sleep on my habit tracker this month and I haven't filled in many squares! Luckily, my office has gone fully remote for the rest of the year so I should be able to catch up on some shut eye the next 3-ish weeks. Can't believe how fast the year is ending.

@ashleycarole86 I was saying "check... check... check!" in my head reading your list - you had a perfect day for sure! so much good stuff going on.

@MaddawgMadsen I think my routines are pretty different in the winter - I do love to snowboard but I haven't gone in 2 seasons so really hoping I get to hit the slopes a bunch this winter! I have been walking less overall due to my foot but I would say usually I would get the same amount of steps as other seasons. I tend to go more for yoga/pilates in the new year (coincides with Yoga with Adriene's 30 day yoga journey which is tradition for me now each January) which trails off by spring as I get more into strength/cardio. However, these patterns aren't necessarily intentional. I think this strength/hiit challenge I will finish tomorrow (woooooo!) has been really encouraging and making me think about what I want my average week to look like for movement and exercise going forward. I want more consistency overall with strength so I don't lose any of this muscle I have built. And of course, there is part of my that is already dreaming of next May - when kayaking season starts again!!

@zumbaforever good luck to the hubby in recovery!

I had a solid day. Worked later than I should have, but had a great workout - I definitely went more explosive in the movements than I have been the last several weeks (currently icing the foot some more), but it felt good and powerful and I was pretty out of breath at points. Only took 20 min, too, which was nice. I was also pretty sore in my trunk/abs and arms today from Tuesday's workout. I am really digging strength moves lately that incorporate balance - this trainer I follow likes to do arm movements from all fours on a workout bench, but then the weight is in one hand and the opposite leg is lifted so really all... twos? A total body movement!

Better start snoring. almost friday!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    12/15:
    PW: 197
    CW: 196.4

My little challenge that I created went well! I filled my plates with half fruit/vegetables, and then chose leaner proteins and grains/starches for the other quarters. I also worked out for the days I was at my work meeting which mentally made me feel good for the long meetings we had. New workout attire, here I come!

I also got a fist bump at the hotel’s gym by some guy. Apparently my upper body strength workout was inspiring. It’s kind of funny to be working out at a hotel with people you see in business attire and in more professional settings, but I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks that!

Tonight, we’re going to a friend’s house to have dinner, and then Sunday we have another holiday party. We’re bringing a salad for the dinner tonight so that I have a healthy side, and then because the other party is on a Sunday, I do not plan on drinking.

For workouts, I’ve scheduled a quad-dominate strength workout for this morning, and then I have a yoga class and spin class to round out the week. It’s kind of crazy because that’ll be 6 days of workouts this week, and last week I only did 3.

@MaddawgMadsen - In the winter, our walks with our dog change and get much shorter. I wish they didn’t, but with the cold (and eventually the ice and snow), we can’t do 30-45 minute walks twice a day anymore. I don’t have a treadmill so my steps also slow too. I want to challenge that this year and try to do some of those at-home walking workouts I’ve seen on YouTube for people who don’t have the equipment like a treadmill.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    CW: 185.6
    My goal through this holiday season is to stay steady and not go crazy trying to lose much for the next couple of weeks. If I can do that, while increasing weight-bearing exercises, I’ll feel better about future weight loss!
    More soon. Have a great day everyone!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh In

PW: 261.0
    CW: 258.4

New decade alert! Like @EvMakesChanges I think it is most reasonable to just try staying here for the rest of the month but we will see how it goes.

@wishfuljune love that you got a fistbump! And I like the sound of a quad-dominate workout!

So much going on at work today but hoping I can just be efficient and log off before 5pm. My final workout awaits!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @Kali225 - Great job on completing your workout challenge! I hope you can get to the slopes this winter despite your foot. The yoga you mentioned should help, right? Good work on the new decade. You absolutely earned it. I am sending good thoughts your way that you can at least stay there through the month.

@wishfuljune - fist bump worthy workout?! Way to rock it!

@zumbaforever - I hope your hubby's recovery goes smoothly.

@jugar - I am excited to see pictures of the trails near your house. I have a feeling it will make me realize how blessed I am to live in an area that doesn't get as much snow!

@ashleycarole86 - it sounds like yesterday was a perfect day. I hope it is just a start and that today is another perfect day!

I finally made it to spin class today. It felt great and actually tired me out a little. Spin class hasn't tired me out in a long time. I also plan to make it to CrossFit in an hour. I have not been tracking calories and have taken myself off the step goals. But, one step at a time for me this month means getting back to a regular workout routine. Happy Friday WaistAways!

• jugar
    Options
    Things are looking pretty good so far this week! Here are the rest of the weigh-ins due through Saturday:

@sugagirl5
    @littlemzkitty
    @conleywoods
    @micki48
    @leni1us
    @petexj78
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @zankash23
    @veronica1359

Thanks!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Good morning WaistAways!

CW: 181.4 :( sorry to let the team down, it's so hard this time of year to log exactly.
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    PW=78,9Kg
    CW=78,4Kg
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    @jugar thank you so much. So sorry for the late reply x. I will x
  • zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    PW: 147.7
    CW: 146.8

Sun- 9027
    Mon: 13074
    Tue- 12264
    Wed - 11893
    Thur - 10337
    Fri - 9002
    Sat - 9883

@jugar I think it’s better this week :)
  • jugar
    Options
    zankash23 wrote: »
    @jugar I think it’s better this week :)

It is! almost a pound gone :smiley: It looks like the choices have been good!
  • jugar
    Options
    LAST CALL! Let's get these weigh-ins done before 10 hours from now:
    @sugagirl5
    @littlemzkitty
    @conleywoods
    @micki48
    @leni1us
    @petexj78

Thanks!

Then we are on to Week 3 :smiley: Sunday weigh-ins: