Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a winner athijade!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Because it was a crazy busy day. Supper was a big salad and a skinless Costco rotisserie chicken
    leg & thigh. Tomorrow we’re going to have breakfast at a Mexican restaurant in celebration of my newly castless (I hope) wrist. Checking the menu to find something good and moderately calorific.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,407 Member
    Options
    Different (for me) supper tonight. Picked up a box of Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix rice - cooked up the box, had 1/3 of that plus 1/3 a block of firm tofu panfried in a little coconut oil. Pretty good!!! Filling. Lived it up a bit with a tablespoon of sour cream to temper the heat of Sriracha :) 505 calories - so up there but manageable and tasty and different. I'm guessing the sodium is pretty high though.

Could easily add some veggies to the mix - but had it with a blueberry/beet/spinach smoothie so figured the bunnies were covered.

Another bonus - two nights dinner in the fridge :)

We love the zatarain's jambalaya here. For 4 people, we use 1 box, 1lb chicken breast, 1/2lb of smoked turkey sausage, a red pepper, a green pepper and an onion, all diced into like 1/2" chunks.

When I was capable of eating it, I loved to add a slice of 2% American cheese to the top of the jambalaya, melt it and mix it throughout.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,634 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    adventuresome all around!

coffee. slice of pizza. snack sized bag of almonds (out of the box of snack sized dry roasted almonds, cashews, and peanuts that is hiding under the box of snack sized Toblerones in the pictures), some 39g of chocolate samples...... bunnies are hiding!!!!

(Mega) danger zone (Dec 19 to Jan 9) is here!

65 or higher.... usually associated with weight gain
    63 or lower.... usually associated with losing

8vmqctlezbnl.png

Off to prepare some pudding or something... maybe with some apples!!!! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Here bunny bunny bunny. Here bunny bunny bunny :)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    🥗Salad, rye crackers, peas with pearl onions and mushrooms 🍄 and about 4 oz of smoked salmon. Fighting the urge to top it off with a cookie…..
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2023
    Options
    maybe you two will inspire me to nuke some bunnies after several days? I brought up some from the downstairs freezer!

You would think I could learn or modify? :rage:

I mean it's not as if the dates are ENTIRELY coincidental or that I am unaware of them or the issues surrounding them!
    19th @ 61
    20th @ 63
    21st at 65
    22nd at 67
    bnuvpke0h3c0.png

For me there is a pretty darn good correlation during these past 5+ years for me to be usually showing weight gains when my RHR is above 65 and showing weight losses when it dips below 63.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    This means you should avoid the scale!!!!!!! :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    But I am..... It's just that I don't even need to look to know! 😵‍💫😳
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I haven't checked my fitbit stats in a few days - you inspired me - but nothing in the app. Apparently the tracker needed to be "updated" - technology :(
  • PAV8888
    Options
    U do have to check and see how the numbers work for you (if they do) and if the levels remain meaningfully stable for you over long periods of time

And keep in mind that not looking at the scale (or not recording the results has almost never helped me keep my weight from not increasing!😳
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Wow Dante! First of all that’s is one beautiful baby. I’m sure you’ll be his favorite uncle.

That meal - those photos…. Made me jealous and ready to go to Greece. I’m going to look up recipes soon. Nothing on your table was familiar but looked positively gourmet.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Morning: 8oz decaf coffee with 20ml half and half and 20ml fairlife 2% milk.
    Midday: Roughly 1 egg and 0.6 egg white soft scrambled with non-stick spray and butter (I scrambled a big pan of 7 eggs and about 4 whites with about a tsp of butter for the whole thing) and 1 slice of oven cooked bacon.

Evening(still to come): 1-2tbsp mashed potato, 1-2 tbsp carrot and rutabaga mash, 1-2 tbsp stuffing, 1 oz ham, 1-2 tbsp turkey gravy spread over everything but ham. Maybe a little pickled beet or two of I have room. Even the above seems ambitious to me, lol. I just want a taste of Christmas dinner. I am skipping baked macaroni and cheese, air fried Brussels sprouts and rolls.

I have also been skipping all the Christmas goodies (peppermint bark, Christmas crack and cookies, all homemade) and candies.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    sounds like a nice selection of everything!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    If only I had measured Christmas dinner by tablespoons!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    If only I had measured Christmas dinner by tablespoons!

Well, I have no choice.

In years past it would have been a plate heaped with mashed potatoes, stuffing, mashed veg, roll, probably two slices of ham and loads of turkey gravy over everything but the ham. Plus butter on the roll(s). Also a bottle of white wine over the afternoon/evening. In the afternoon we'd likely have had a meat/cheese/cracker tray out, plus a veggie and dip tray. And there would have been at least 2 pies for desert, probably chocolate cream and pumpkin.
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2023
    Options
    My quest for yogurt based sugar free pudding has resulted in medium level results so far. Ok but not great. Actually that may be good on its own as a result; but I digress!!!

I've noticed in the main forums someone posting about making popsicles, snow cones, and slushes using diet pop! Some of the diet pop available is extremely errr sugary😵‍💫 dr pepper zero being up there in my books. But cans forgotten in the freezer have never given me the impression of being usable!

Have you ever made diet pop popsicles? How???🤔
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Have you ever made diet pop popsicles? How???🤔

Maybe invest in a slushie machine?

On the fluff pudding experiment- I’ve actually had better results using off-brand generic sugar free puddings.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    "Toutons" for supper ... with baked beans ... a far too tasty Newfoundland thing
    duy29c6uaxo3.jpeg