WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @ashleycarole86 I like your resolution and will copy it, to end 2024 lighter than when I start it.

I have made many resolutions in the past regarding weight loss and I have not completed one yet. This year will be my year!

Have you ever had your picture taken and looked at it like...wow I didn't realize I look that big. I know it may be partly the angle as well, but I had a picture taken with my niece and wow...that was a wake up call! I have now printed it out and will place it in my office at work to remind me not to sneak food from the break room.

Hello all! Missed you. Count me in for regular team in January. I’m with you @ashleycarole86 My biggest goal is to end the YEAR and MONTH (January) lighter than I started. I have most definitely had that photo that makes me feel bad about how I look. It has been motivating in the past. But speaking of motivation, I am saying I’m done looking for it to get me on the right track. I plan to be disciplined and hopefully the motivation will follow. All I have lost over the last four years here is all but gained back. No matter. I’m not giving up. I can do this. I will do this. One little thing at a time. So I’m going to ask my strong son to move my bike to the basement from our detached garage so it’s easier to get to. I will take time for myself as a discipline. I will get back to my beloved Pilates. I will take steps to feel more settled. I will log my food. I will be present here.
    So I now understand a lot more, and actually tried on being an Eagles fan! I like a couple of the players' names (you have to admit that Hurts and Swift are hard to beat), and they were winning, so I decided they were my team. Just to try it on :smiley: My stepmother is a Patriots person, but we won't hold that against her!
    Yay @ jugar. Go BIRDS 🦅 They drive me crazy with their last seconds of games but we love them here in this house. Kelce is one of my favs. He a good human.

Here’s the picture of my journey here. Time for that roller coaster 🎢 to dip down!
    o094fjaph329.png

Basically all uphill since our two moves in a little over a year. And menopause.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Hi WA's ....Another one is joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @Coralisara9089 :)
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    Oh, I'm right there with you, babe, and I didn't have the same moves and house sales that you did! Solidarity. Let's make it together...on the downhill slide. We are more than capable, intelligent, and wonderful women who can do hard things!
    Happy New Year. See you on the flip!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Hello all! Missed you. Count me in for regular team in January. I’m with you @ashleycarole86 My biggest goal is to end the YEAR and MONTH (January) lighter than I started. I have most definitely had that photo that makes me feel bad about how I look. It has been motivating in the past. But speaking of motivation, I am saying I’m done looking for it to get me on the right track. I plan to be disciplined and hopefully the motivation will follow. All I have lost over the last four years here is all but gained back. No matter. I’m not giving up. I can do this. I will do this. One little thing at a time. So I’m going to ask my strong son to move my bike to the basement from our detached garage so it’s easier to get to. I will take time for myself as a discipline. I will get back to my beloved Pilates. I will take steps to feel more settled. I will log my food. I will be present here.

Yes! Michele is back in the room :smiley: It is indeed more about habits than motivation. Do your best to stick to some habits that you know work, and gradually it all feels normal. The body is a stickler for trying to make things stay the same, so there is a lot of hidden motivation (that we don't want!!) to overcome. Gotta talk to that inner voice as if it is a naughty toddler :lol:

So I can't guarantee I'll ever watch another game (unless visiting my stepmother!) but I'm an Eagles fan now. Right there along with you!
  • jugar
    Options
    Welcome @coraliesara9089 ! Looking forward to getting to know you. It is always wonderful having new members who give us that great new energy!
  • jugar
    Options
    Quick update - all weigh-ins due through Friday:

@cleaneater80
    @bowens1973
    @EvMakesChanges
    @wishfuljune
    @Kali225
    @leni1us
    @petexj78
    @Pearl4686 (if you want to update starting weight for January)
    @micki48
    and me! I'm a little nervous about stepping on that thing tomorrow...

Thanks!
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Just saw this video on Self Sabotage and I had to share. Thanks in advance for helping to raise each others’ “internal temperature”.

https://youtu.be/xFaw6IOJPns?si=LiqAPCakSKV-AUUt
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    @Coralisara9089 Welcome! I’m new too! Here’s to the journey ahead! 🙌🏾
    Hi WA's ....Another one is joining your amazing team ...Please welcome @Coralisara9089 :)

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for January
    CW 90.4

I'll do another intro in the new thread. In the meantime, must stay away from the chocolate chip cookies. Teenagers in the house who enjoy baking - I find it so hard to stay away from :-(
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    January starting weight 217.4
    @micki48
    Oh, I'm right there with you, babe, and I didn't have the same moves and house sales that you did! Solidarity. Let's make it together...on the downhill slide. We are more than capable, intelligent, and wonderful women who can do hard things!
    Happy New Year. See you on the flip!

Thanks for the encouragement Evelyn! We CAN do hard things! 🙂…it’s just hard. Lol
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    Exercise for the last week:
    Dec 17 - 7135 steps
    Dec 18 - 10790 steps
    Dec 19 - 12850 steps
    Dec 20 - 15396 steps
    Dec 21 - 6096 steps + 19 minutes Peloton
    Dec 22 - 11867 steps + 32 minutes Peloton
    Dec 23 - 9485 steps
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    cemfcfbwqkl4.png
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 239.4
    Christmas... damn you! Lol.
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Thanks for the final step report of 2023! I love that you 3 stepped across the nucleus of a comet. That is far out, as we used to say in my hippie days!

I think 2024 better start with more people on the step/exercise tracking team! I still don't have a tracker, and I'm kind of enjoying not having one, but I will get on this. I miss stomping out the numbers :smiley: One of these days we might get enough snow for snowshoeing to begin in earnest. It is raining right now, though, so I'm kinda grumpy.

I'm off to start the January team chat threads. They'll be up soon!
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @jugar I'd like to rejoin for Jan. I'll weigh-in on Mondays.
    Starting weight 163.8.

I'll do an intro in the Jan thread. :)

Happy New Year all!
  • jugar
    Options
    January 2024 team chat is ready for your introductions! Keep on weighing in here through Saturday, then let the new year begin a day early on Sunday!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905925/waistaways-team-chat-january-2024/p1?new=1
  • jugar
    Options
    Good news is I have been working out regularly. Bad news is I can hardly move now

Shelley

But it's a good ache! That's what I tell myself when I overdo it, even though it still hurts like the devil!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 259.8
    CW: 262.0

booo but it's a vacation week/does time even exist right now? I will probably head back to Boston tomorrow or Sunday and I am excited to sleep in my own bed and be back to regular workouts. I just got caught up on posts and there is SO much to comment on, I will have to come back later to chime in. As it stands, I am headed out the door with my mom for some errands.

@jugar may we all look forward to a green January week :D
  • jugar
    Options
    Everyone can start building next week's green fabulousness by planning your daily commitments! The F2F Habit Tracker is a simple self-regulating tool we can share to track those small things that add up.

How many grams of fibre? 30 minutes of exercise? Brush your teeth 2x a day? Drink all that water? Pick anything attainable, specific, and that you know will make a difference as long as you do it. Small is good! It can also be a negative - no alcohol, no added sugar, no swearing at your boss - whatever it takes :smiley:

Here you go - set it up. Use it. Change anything anytime. But stick through the month!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905944/habit-tracker-january-2024#latest
This discussion has been closed.