HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    @StrongerJan. The 10 pound vest was suggested by my doc. My osteoporosis is full blown now and I refused the meds. Calcium supplements can no longer fix this. Weight bearing exercise and a decent whole foods diet are my only option left.i can tell my hips are stronger already, so it is helping me.

I love my new knee. What a game changer. I need to get the other one done sometime in the future, but I’m not ready yet. I had Makko robotic TKR where a computer designs a perfect fit new knee from a cat scan and they use a robot to put it in. I had a very fast recovery and will get the next one done the same way.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,305 Member
    Options
    Today, I am resuming tracking! I've been avoiding it so far, but it is time to get back to weight loss. Have a great Friday everyone!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Yogurt and strawberries for breakfast. So good! I love to make yogurt. It’s so easy and I get great organic milk from a local dairy. I feel confident getting on the scales on Monday will be a happy event, unless I mess up in the next 3 days. I am feeling very motivated to get this done. I look at my fat picture a lot for more motivation. This group is a great help to me. It’s so discouraging to have to get on here every Monday and say the scales went up again. This is up to me. I have to power to get my life and health on track. Seeing the rest of you trying so hard helps me to try harder too. Seeing your admissions of backsliding help me to be easier on myself when I also get off track. I watch friends on here get back to the business of healthy eating and exercising and I am inspired to do the same. It’s two steps forward, one step back for most of us. Holding on to the big picture instead of the little snapshots keeps this in perspective. I can do this! We all can do this.😊

I’d like to issue a challenge for next week. Let’s log every calorie and every minute of exercise for all seven days. Who’s in?
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I will logging every day yippee
  • rstanford3
    Options
    I'm in.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    We have ice here in the Blue Ridge mountains, changing over to snow later. Exercise will definitely be indoors today. I have to fight the hibernating monster who whispers in my ear that its a great day to sit in my chair and read all day.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Let the reading be a reward for getting the exercise done. Clear and sunny here, but snow is moving in late this afternoon. I'm hoping to be able to snowshoe tomorrow.
    Happy Saturday everyone! Keep tracking. :)
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Today's exercise was shoveling snow! We had only a few inches, but it was wet and heavy so I got a workout. The storm isn't over yet. Right now we're getting a mix of snow and rain, so perhaps there is another shoveling session in my future.
    Hope everyone is safe and warm.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I bet shoveling snow burns a ton of calories!
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Down 1.1. More shoveling to do today.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Down 2.10
    Exercise is the key for me. I wish I liked doing it.
    Be careful with the snow shoveling Randi. Falling when I was 30 years old is how I tore up my knee in the first place. We have a snow blower, but it doesn’t like the wet heavy snow you describe. (Neither do I)

Hope the rest of our group buddies mansged to drop some weight or st least stay the same. No gain is still a win in my book.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I logged food and exercise today.
    Day one of the seven day tracking challenge. Wishing us all success
  • rstanford3
    Options
    I logged again today! Hope everyone else had a great day.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Day two logging done
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I got a new bookobm0d9u6f590.jpeg
  • rstanford3
    edited January 10
    Options
    Let us know what you think.
    I recently read Forever Strong by Dr. Gabrielle Lyon. She promotes increasing muscle mass for healthy aging and reduction of metabolic disease. The physiology makes sense, but then she goes on a rant about how important it is to eat meat. She plugs beef so much that it makes me wonder if she is funded by the beef council! I'm not buying that.
    Currently on my bookshelf - How Not to Die and Exercising. I'll give a review when I finish reading them. :D
  • StrongerJan
    StrongerJan Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Fell of the posting wagon but I'm still here. Down 1.3.
    Will admit to not tracking accurately, but being mindful.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Randi, i always read too fast. I read your book title as HOW TO NOT DIE EXERCISING. Had to go back and read a little slower. I must confess, I would totaly read the How To Not Die Exercising book.

The physical therapy book has a very comprehensive anatomy part with descriptions of common injuries and age related conditions. There is a section on first aid for injuries. The last section includes exercises for every part of the body, some for strength and endurance, some for flexability. The illustrations and explanations for the exercises are excellent. I will post a sample. Many of the exercises I used in rehab after total knee replacement are included. Pretty sure this book will be my go to guide from now on. I plan to rotate through the parts of the body on a regular basis.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    tjsazvkjbahu.jpeg
  • titus2cat
    Options
    @StrongerJan congrats on a losing week. Keep up the good work, whether you trak it or not