Downsizers Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,965 Member
    Options
    myndieet wrote: »
    Hi everyone 👋 thanks for accepting me to join the group. My name is Edith and I'm 53 years old and I live in The Netherlands, Europe. I've been on MFP for a long, long time but haven't noticed groups like this, unfortunately. I've had weight issues all my life and tried so many diets and other ways to lose it. Didn't succeed until I came across ketogenic diet. Lost a lot of weight in 2017 and 2022 (if you want more details you can read on my profile) but gained lots back again.. So now I need a bit more to keep myself motivated and that's why I joined this group. I saw lots of items on the group page, which I will start reading tomorrow (it's almost 10 pm over here now). I'm curious to see how the group members are doing.. I hope everything I'm doing regarding to reactions or messages and so will end up in the right place, as MFP doesn't show the right pages easily. I have to go through multiple pages, change the language and log in to get to the group page. Still I love MFP and it's members very much though..

So happy you decided to join us ... I too am 53 and I also do keto ... :)
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    PW 196.4
    cw 195.9
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congrats @ChickieBoom22 , @sleepygirl79 and @liketoyak for being our top 3 weight loss losers this week :)

Thanks all! I worked at it last week and going strong again this week!
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone 👋 thanks for accepting me to join the group. My name is Edith and I'm 53 years old and I live in The Netherlands, Europe. I've been on MFP for a long, long time but haven't noticed groups like this, unfortunately. I've had weight issues all my life and tried so many diets and other ways to lose it. Didn't succeed until I came across ketogenic diet. Lost a lot of weight in 2017 and 2022 (if you want more details you can read on my profile) but gained lots back again.. So now I need a bit more to keep myself motivated and that's why I joined this group. I saw lots of items on the group page, which I will start reading tomorrow (it's almost 10 pm over here now). I'm curious to see how the group members are doing.. I hope everything I'm doing regarding to reactions or messages and so will end up in the right place, as MFP doesn't show the right pages easily. I have to go through multiple pages, change the language and log in to get to the group page. Still I love MFP and it's members very much though..

So happy you decided to join us ... I too am 53 and I also do keto ... :)

Welcome @Myndieet! I'm also 53!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    After some advice .....
    I'm going to the usa for 6 weeks later this year. Which are the best restaurants to get low calorie/low carb meals? And best supermarkets for low calorie ready made meals?
    Appreciate all your wisdom!

I like Chipotles. Order the chicken bowl, with no rice, or beans. Also, just about any steakhouse, where you can order a steak, or any lean meat, and then add some vegetables. Places like Longhorn, Houston’s, and Texas Roadhouse, are among my favorites.

Sounds great. I've put those names in my travel notes. Thank you x
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Hi Edith, welcome to the group. I'm from the UK but live in Spain, good to see another european here! This group is fantastic, with their help I've lost 100l lb! I hope it works as well for you!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options

Welcome to the team! I hope you find the group as helpful as I have. If you have a questions, feel free to ask. This group is a wealth of knowledge and support.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - Wow, I've never been in the top 3 - thanks for posting those!

Well congratulations! It’s a great feeling to make it to the top three.
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 221.3
    CW: 220.6

My weight has been all over the place the last week. I keep telling myself to only weigh once a week but I can't stop myself from stepping on the scale each morning. Luckily whatever number I see doesn't spin me out and I go on about my day.

Nice loss! Weighing everyday is not something everyone can do. I have gone through a few periods where I just had to take a break from the scales. My weight can go through crazy swings from one day to the next.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Good morning! There was nothing typical about yesterday for me at all (including the donuts someone brought to my house!) However, managed to only eat half of one (pretty good for the carbs girl). Got my steps in and kept my calories low but need to find some more protein today.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    edited January 30
    Options
    Steps
    Goal: 6,000
    1/21 - 1,338
    1/22 - 6,573
    1/23 - 6,321
    1/24 - 2,154
    1/25 - 9,575
    1/26 - 7,737
    1/27 - 1,353

I've spent the weekend under the weather. Missed my Saturday and Monday gym days and have just been exhausted. I'm going to get into the gym today and get back on track this week.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 30
    Options
    eki02tbamp89.jpg

Here is my 2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for January week 4 ... Please have them in by this evening (1/30) so that I can post the results in the morning ...thanks for your cooperation :)

@Mama530 1/21 - 1/27

@myhands4God 1/23 - 1/27
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Steps
    1/28 - 2,917
    1/29 - 6,243
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another member joining our team..Please welcome @Lessennan :)
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Nan (69), single, retired,Scottish female who must have read all the diet plans that have been around and tried lots of them. I have lost weight in the past but it keeps finding me.
    My February plan is
    Walk 10000 intentional steps per day as I have done in the past for sponsorship for charities. February’s charity is MAKE NAN FITTER (intention is to get up, have breakfast then walk 10000 steps before doing anything else at home, just like walking to work in years gone by)
    Log every B.L.T and stay within 1200 calories plus 25% of the walking calorie burn)
    Treats are for the three days I spend with my friend

• Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    PW: 87.5
    CW: 87

@Hotspur11 1/21- 1/27

21/1 - 13,523
    22/1 - 10,551
    23/1 - 13,477
    24/1 - 10,389
    25/1 - 16,107
    26/1 - 16,291
    27/1 - 12,820
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    PW 243
    CW 238.3

Thanks!
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Lessennan (and @myndieet - I haven't said hello to you yet either)! Hope you enjoy this little piece of the community. It has been very helpful to me!

@aactuallyaash I see that loss! Wow! Way to go!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    Good morning! There was nothing typical about yesterday for me at all (including the donuts someone brought to my house!) However, managed to only eat half of one (pretty good for the carbs girl). Got my steps in and kept my calories low but need to find some more protein today.

That’s a great NSV. Yesterday I stopped with my friend for coffee at Tim Hortons. Of course I ended up ordering a donut. At least I stayed away from the cookie I like from there. It comes in at almost 400 calories.
    Steps
    1/21 - 1,338
    1/22 - 6,573
    1/23 - 6,321
    1/24 - 2,154
    1/25 - 9,575
    1/26 - 7,737
    1/27 - 1,353

I've spent the weekend under the weather. Missed my Saturday and Monday gym days and have just been exhausted. I'm going to get into the gym today and get back on track this week.

I hope you feel better soon!
    Hotspur11 wrote: »
    PW: 87.5
    CW: 87

@Hotspur11 1/21- 1/27

21/1 - 13,523
    22/1 - 10,551
    23/1 - 13,477
    24/1 - 10,389
    25/1 - 16,107
    26/1 - 16,291
    27/1 - 12,820

Congrats on the loss. Your steps are amazing. You must go for some long walks each day.
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    PW 243
    CW 238.3

Thanks!

Wow! I hope you are feeling better and can start your move soon.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Lessennan wrote: »
    Hi, I’m Nan (69), single, retired,Scottish female who must have read all the diet plans that have been around and tried lots of them. I have lost weight in the past but it keeps finding me.
    My February plan is
    Walk 10000 intentional steps per day as I have done in the past for sponsorship for charities. February’s charity is MAKE NAN FITTER (intention is to get up, have breakfast then walk 10000 steps before doing anything else at home, just like walking to work in years gone by)
    Log every B.L.T and stay within 1200 calories plus 25% of the walking calorie burn)
    Treats are for the three days I spend with my friend

Welcome Nan! I like your charity for the month. Solid plan for February.
This discussion has been closed.