Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,089 Member
    edited February 14
    Options
    sw3f5di1jiwu.png
    Happy Valentine's Day! Rob couldn't log onto computer so is on his way downtown. I will go there after I get my ashes at noon. I have some candy for the kiddos and my usual Mc Donald's.
    I had a little sore arm from my vaccines but nothing else so I am all vaccinated until next fall.

Have a wonderful day and know that you are loved.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,136 Member
    Options
    Good evening. Last warm day for a while. I am ready to unlock and set my generator to off tomorrow morning. I hope this whole repair of of gas meter goes well. I just read a little post from another person in my metro that had this company repair a leak in their meter. Guess what, they went out and checked recently, the supposed repair several months ago apparently did not work, they could still smell gas. That did not encourage me. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Sandy, so you got to see the kiddos on Valentine’s Day and gave them their treats on the actual day. Great!

Jackie, you are so busy but it sounds as if your band of ladies is making progress in the campaign to let people know what kind of person that man is. Wonderful!

I did quite a number of Zoom meetings today one was the first farm related meeting. Rents are expected to decline as are property values. Well, wasn’t that happy news for landowners? I guess you might as well know what’s up.

The rest were the usual. I keep trying! Maybe someday I will be more fit and strong.

Best wishes to everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

glsjnvdfu3co.jpeg

• linder4866
    Options
    Good evening. Last warm day for a while. I am ready to unlock and set my generator to off tomorrow morning. I hope this whole repair of of gas meter goes well. I just read a little post from another person in my metro that had this company repair a leak in their meter. Guess what, they went out and checked recently, the supposed repair several months ago apparently did not work, they could still smell gas. That did not encourage me. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Sandy, so you got to see the kiddos on Valentine’s Day and gave them their treats on the actual day. Great!

Jackie, you are so busy but it sounds as if your band of ladies is making progress in the campaign to let people know what kind of person that man is. Wonderful!

I did quite a number of Zoom meetings today one was the first farm related meeting. Rents are expected to decline as are property values. Well, wasn’t that happy news for landowners? I guess you might as well know what’s up.

The rest were the usual. I keep trying! Maybe someday I will be more fit and strong.

Best wishes to everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

glsjnvdfu3co.jpeg

• linder4866
    Options
    Sorry for the double post. I received an error message that my attempt to post had timed out so Impressed the button again. 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday! :) Chilly rainy kind of day. Going to my meeting and then a couple of errands. Thought about getting my car washed but not with this weather. Had an easy day of sitting yesterday as I didn't get there until almost 1:30 and left around 5:30. Bought the kids Mc Donald's and Valentine candy.
    Can you believe tomorrow will be one year since Babe died? I will be going to a mass I am having said for him with Cheryl and Marisa. Marisa took the week off for some reason so we might have game night tomorrow night. I am hoping to buy a heart for the cemetery and bring it to Babe's grave tomorrow.

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hi! Very cold today with rain last night. Kinda muddy.

Tonight, snow is expected. I am totally tired! Going to try to watch a women’s basketball game. And then, sleep! I may be shoveling snow tomorrow.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

hs3yb17eq1hk.jpeg

• jacAth3
    jacAth3 Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    How frustrating. My post from last night has disappeared! 😡 it wasn’t long but did ask Lin to keep her snow and told Sandy how driving through torrential rain yesterday morning was as good as any car wash! Even posted a photo of George and Betty trotting through thick mist.

I have jobs to carry out in my garden now as it isn’t raining so will pop back later.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Loveburg87
    Loveburg87 Posts: 452 Member
    edited February 16
    Options
    Well, I ended up at the hospital. Hope I haven’t told you this already! I went in an ambulance with three firemen on a med. training course and two medics. We arrived at 11am and I finally got home with poor Mark at midnight. First they thought my symptoms were pneumonia, but after 3 X-rays, going through some X-ray scanner, frequent BP checks, all sorts of other stuff including a very pretty Chinese nurse who wanted to put one of those things in your arms that pumps stuff into your veins. “No, no,” I cried, “I don’t want that, I’m a coward.” “We have to do it Anne” she said. I gave her my winning smile and said, “you are a very pretty girl.” “Flattery gets you nowhere” she said and promptly jabbed the thing in. This made me urinate every two minutes with flying visits looking for washrooms. The final verdict: could be the old ticker. So armed with diuretic pills Mark and I made it home at midnight, because by then I’d had enough of hospitals and pleaded to let me OUT. So here I sit for 14 long days because I have to take diuretics pills for 14 days and darent go anywhere. At the end of 14 days I then have heart tests. What a bummer.
    Mike took Jilly Bean home with him for two days and took her to the office all day to delight everyone. She’s back exhausted and asleep in her own bed.
    So there you have it, and if I’ve repeated myself, it’s all due to shock and you will have ignored it anyway.

Feeling sorry for herself,
    Anne in Ontario.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Goodness no! Anne you didn’t mention this before. ❤️❤️ What a shocker. I think Jilly had a nice break but I do not think you did. I hope all goes well and that you did start to feel better with the excess fluid gone. You know I wish you the best, I am same as you, I detest medical tests and such but on lots of occasions I have not escaped. Thanks for the update.

Many hugs for you and Jilly.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Today a year ago is when I lost Babe. We went to Mass, then breakfast and then to the cemetery. I am having game night tonight with Marisa, Cheryl, Marisa's friend and Cheryl's sister. We will have pizza and a drink in honor of Babe.

Dear Anne, I am so sorry to read about your hospital stay but glad you went to get some answers. I am sure the diuretic is to keep the fluid from around you heart so even though it's a pain, it will help you.
    I am also glad you are going for some heart tests so they can figure out what is wrong and help you get better. I bet Jilly loved her sleepover and meeting all of Mike's co-workers but is glad to be home with mommy. Take care of yourself please.

Jackie, so sorry about another lost post, I would be more than frustrated.

Lin, we got the cold but not the snow, not yet anyway. It was very cold at the cemetery but we managed to get the wreath and flowers done for both Babe and his son.

My cleaning lady cancelled on me so I have to vacuum and tidy up including the bathrooms.
    Too busy to grieve today, I guess that is a good thing.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Having decided to do one job at a time outside and enjoy rather than feel pressured, I spent over an hour pruning a climbing rose that had got out of control. A couple more stragglers to cut off then I’m sure it will be feeling better! I also bleached the loo/planter and broke up the cistern with my inherited hammer I found in dad’s garden shed. It has been placed in the corner behind the partition hedge ready for compost and annual Spring plants. First thing I walked with George and Betty on to the top moor and was horrified to discover how quickly the strength in my legs had deteriorated what with slow short walks and sitting at home watching the rain fall. I was going to move my exercise bike into my garage but think perhaps it should stay where it is for now because it seems we are to enjoy rain from tomorrow until Sunday week! 😶‍🌫️

Goodness Anne, you have been through the mill but hopefully the doctors will come up with a solution beyond diuretics. It’s probably obvious but do drink plenty of water! How exciting for Jilly to have an adventure with Mike but I’m sure she will be delighted to be back with her mum.

My brother Berni who lives in Spain, developed the bug that’s knocking us all sideways and ended up in hospital with signs of pneumonia. Home now and beginning to feel better but only slowly.

Sandy, sounds like you are having a special Memorial Day for Babe and I’m glad snow didn’t arrive to disrupt your plans.

Funny Lin that you got to post your message twice and I wasn’t even allowed one! 😄

Take care and stay safe.
    Jackie 🥰

• linder4866
    Options
    Oops, almost forgot a teapot!

jzu8ayrfp821.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) All went well yesterday and today is a new day. The sun is shining but it is only 19 degrees F. I am going with Cheryl and others to dinner and then to a play at the community college tonight. Mass will have to be tomorrow.

Jackie, that is one of my problems, my legs seem to be hurting especially if I sit for too long. Not sure if it's circulation or related to my back. I will ask the back doctor when I go for my next injection. In the meantime I am taking magnesium since I read it helped with leg pain and sleeping.

We have a family zoom call at 12:30 and then maybe I will ride the bike before getting ready for dinner.
    I am trying not to snack after dinner for Lent but mainly trying to lose these nasty 5 pounds that won't go away. Doesn't help with pizza last night and dinner tonight but tastes so good. lol
    Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    Options
    Another foggy, rainy day and not much else going on! The usual short walk to the next village, an email exchange with Linda when we decided we will attend a council meeting on the evening of the 21st, a catch up phone call with Sheila and chicken casserole prepared and cooked in my slow cooker. As I chatted to Sheila I became aware of a huge, hairy queen bee slowly taking off from my laundry basket where yesterday’s dry washing had been placed after an overnight airing in the dining room. Brady was immediately interested so I had to put Sheila on hold while I took the basket to the door and asked her to leave. She was probably shocked because when she landed in the laundry yesterday it was dry outside but now she buzzed off into thick, damp fog!

Sandy, just like you I have problems with my back at times and that has a knock on effect in my legs. If I sit too long, and that’s quite a short time for me, I have to make an effort to walk far with George and Betty but luckily when I do, I feel much better. Recently I read about yet another new theory on how to lose a few unwanted pounds and that is to make sure there is a full 12 hours between eating in the evening and breakfast. I used to be naughty looking for nibbles during the evening but since reading about what’s referred to as a night fast, I’ve stopped and am maintaining the weight loss from the virus over Christmas and New Year,

A pretty teapot Lin. I love yellow roses but unfortunately they don’t survive in my garden. The air is too damp at the best of times!

Anne, I hope you are improving and getting some decent sleep at night. Having typed that I’m thinking diuretic pills might be disturbing your rest. It’s not been the best few months settling into your new home has it but I think once Spring arrives, life will improve.

Bedtime for me. 🥱😴
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    edited February 18
    Options
    Hello, I have been working on gathering info for my tax returns. Unfortunately I don’t have a copy of my social security benefit numbers for this year. That’s part of calculating the quarterly estimates for this year. I tried to login on the website but got a denial and a message that they will send me a letter with instructions on getting reinstated. Should arrive in 10 business days they say. Do I believe it? 👀 not really.

Anne, I hope you are getting along better.

Jackie, glad you got the queen bee back outdoors even if she wasn’t happy about the situation.

Sandy, sorry about the continued problems with your back. I have a lot of joint pain and am always searching for things that might help. If I take some Tylenol everyday it does help but it is not good for the liver.

Well, back to making copies

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️

❤️❤️

rf2yopretwn9.jpeg

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :) Late night last night but we had fun. Dinner, play and then a nightcap at a favorite place. I did go to mass this morning, had my car washed and returned an item at Walmart. Now I think it is time for a nap since I am exhausted.

Have a good day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited February 18
    Options
    Hello, I have completed my online classes and attended online church. I made copies and proofed some of the numbers. Need to write a letter to send along with my income tax materials but I have until Tuesday. No mail tomorrow since it is Presidents Day.

Sandy, glad you had a great time.

Jackie, how are you? I saw a great post on Facebook. Appropriate for our season.

bxdv63pom5ju.jpeg

Anne, hoping you are getting better.

Best wishes to Barbie, Diane, Jeri, Joy and our other Sneakers.

Waving bye for now.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

ksxop9llc814.jpeg

• jacAth3
    edited February 19
    Options
    Another late night! We walked in the rain as usual and the ground was so muddy I put George in the shower when we got home. Betty with her short coat doesn’t get mud sticking to her so a wipe with a towel soon works but poor George gets in a terrible mess. He is very patient as I struggle to bend into the shower cubicle and loves to be wrapped in a huge towel to dry. Once that job was completed I emptied my car of shopping bags, seat covers and loose change ready for a valet and wash tomorrow. While that’s completed I will have coffee with Linda at a garden centre then see what seeds and plants they have on sale so yes Lin, the Facebook picture is very appropriate.
    After showering George I drove into town for a couple of items and when I got home could see George was still wet so called him upstairs so he could sit on my bed while I used my hairdryer, which he loves, and he was soon looking and feeling better. I caught up with my brother in Spain to see how he is after catching that awful virus doing the rounds. He ended up in hospital because one morning his throat closed up so he couldn’t breathe. Luckily his cleaner arrived and found him choking so called an ambulance and within 10 minutes a doctor, nurse and two paramedics arrived. He was given what he thinks was an adrenaline shot in his bottom and a five day course of antibiotics so thankfully is beginning to feel better although a few times talking to me made him cough and struggle. He constantly sipped warm water and Spanish honey and that did ease the cough.

Amazing teapot and cups Lin. Very 1930’s!

Midnight so I must get to bed.
    Jackie 🥰
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) A stay at home do nothing day for me. The rest of the week is busy so I need this day. Tomorrow I am supposed to go to see if I am eligible for trial on my eyes. I am having second thoughts and going to call my regular eye doctor to see if this is really needed to protect my vision.
    It says a 35% chance in stopping the progression so it that worth going through all this? My goal is to drive as old as possible so it might be unless there is a complication from the injections. Tough decision but otherwise I would have to go once a month for at least a year for the injection. I want to ask what would happen if I did nothing and see what my doctor says. I will let you know once I know.

Jackie, so sorry to hear about your brother, nothing worse than not being able to breathe. I hope he makes a quick recovery.

Lin, I am getting paperwork ready to bring to the accountant but some are still lingering. I haven't done my own taxes since I married Babe so this is all new to me. This year will still be filed jointly as Babe was alive for a month and a half but next year I will be on my own. His estate will pay for any due taxes if any and the accountant.

Missing Anne and hope she is recovering and getting stronger.

Have a good day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jacAth3
    edited February 20
    Options
    It’s been a mild day and even the sun came out for a while. After walking with George and Betty I drove to pick up Linda and we went to a garden centre that has the car wash and valet set up. We had coffee and cake then looked around the plants on display. Spring flowers were blooming and attracting bumble bees so we felt it was finally Spring although that was probably premature! I did buy a bag of seed potatoes and some green beans to plant next month so it was a start. My car now looks as shiny as it was when I bought it but so clean inside I won’t want to put the pooches in it! Linda’s neighbour was clearing out his garage and gave me lots of dry wood to burn at home and I tried very hard not to be precious about stacking it in my clean car!
    Tomorrow I have an appointment for my annual eye test and will also get some groceries. I forgot to buy milk today and what’s in my fridge is about to go off!

Sandy, I think these procedures we are offered as we get older are wonderful if sometimes scary. I’m sure you will weigh up your options and in the end feel right about a decision. Enjoy your day at home.

Hello Lin, Anne and all our other friends. Gone midnight so I’m off to bed.
    Jackie 🥰