Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nics I've never thought of putting those ingredients in cottage cheese ! Salt pepper onion and garlic ! I might have to try that! Thanks for the comment !
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    Blah running around. Part of 750g veg with random 260Cal frozen dinner. Random bread nabbed from the jaws of the K(11-2). Remainder of 750g of veg in 900ml of lower sodium broth with toasted random bread croutons!🤯 Assorted candy. Need protein. Hmmm 🤔
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    no protein in candy????? say it ain't so, Jelly Bean!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Greek peaches in little cups 250g with juice about 110 Cal and Greek yogurt 0% + 25g of cereal = large sized dessert for lots of Cal (600) but can also count as a meal😉 -- which it did!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Lunch (with some few left overs for later) 508g of rice ready veg (mix of cauli, broccoli, yellow and orange carrots in tiny square shapes), "garlic" pasta sauce (410g), and a left over bratwurst sausage which was now or never (105g-definitely way too many calories for the benefit) plus 4g lemon pepper seasoning.

Also 501g 2% milk and 32.5g of "sugar free" butterscotch jello pudding (about half left for later).

That's it for now. (oh: breakfast was my leftover yogurt from yesterday plus 25g of all bran flakes stirred in).
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,415 Member
    Options
    I picked up a shift today last minute, so last night I grabbed a Rotisserie chicken for use for dinner. Packed a cute as heck little quesadilla for my dinner at work. A street taco size low-carb soft Tortilla, 21g lite shredded cheddar and 40g diced Rotisserie chicken breast, no skin, mixed with half a tablespoon medium salsa. Made it in the pan so it was toasty on both sides. Reheated great, ate it with 1tbsp light sour cream mixed with 1 tbsp salsa.

Also had a fage 2% yogurt cup today mixed with a half scoop of vanilla protein powder and some finely diced ripe strawberries.

Yesterday at coffee with a friend, I got a mushroom and onion tart and ate about half of it, cutting off the bulkier part of the parry crust.

Upshot is, I am tolerating more foods, yay!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    Great news, Nic! How are you feeling?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I was quite happy to see turbo Nic going! 😘
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Trying to come up with a meal plan for next week and failing. Nothing really sounds good. I have breakfast and lunch planned, but no dinners. Gonna read through some of this thread and see if I get inspiration. I would like 1 meat free meal and 2-3 meals in total. Making chicken spaghetti tonight and will eat that the next couple of night but then... no clue.

Breakfast: Greek yogurt, fruit, and granola
    Lunch: Sandwiches, either veggie (with an avocado/white bean spread) or turkey

Dinners:
    Chicken spaghetti
    ??????
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I usually open the pantry... or the freezer... and inspiration does or does not strike! But I *am* random so of no help @Athijade

But I DO know you will come up with something good! :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Athijade - have you tried making a weekly menu and then shopping the ingredients? It can be somewhat flexible. But at least that way you have a road map.

Meal inspiration often fails me too. So after assessing what I have on hand and what I need to buy, I know the general outline of future meals.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I had my leftover veggies in (no sodium) broth from last night (YEAH FREE CALORIES FOR TODAY! :lol: )

And I mixed in a partial nongshim kimchi noodle thingy! Cut the noodle pack by hand and removed 35g of it from the equation... some of the 35g went to the puppy and some ended in the compost bin.

Pretty much all of the sodium but only part of the calories :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    It’s cooler and windy today after a week of Upper 80s and 90. It won’t last of course. But it’s a good day for a big bowl of vegetarian pho. 🍲.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Do you make it yourself? How? Or are you ordering out/going out to get? 🤔
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Do you make it yourself? How? Or are you ordering out/going out to get? 🤔

No, we went out. I wouldn’t even try to male pho. Don’t have the spices on hand or the expertise.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Surprised it was vegetarian!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Surprised it was vegetarian!

Tasty and much lower calorie. There was some tofu for protein.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Lasagna soup, but with finely shredded zucchini instead of noodle.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    zoodles! Have to start those up! kohlarbi and beets and carrots all worked out quite wall for me.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    zoodles! Have to start those up! kohlarbi and beets and carrots all worked out quite wall for me.

I like how the zucchini mostly disappears into the dish when it's very finely shredded.