Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options

Steps: 4,023
    Exercises: 2/4
    Rings: ❌
    Badge: 1/5

Short on steps yesterday but I did get a ton of paperwork and calls made. Feels good to catch up on that kind of stuff also. The surgeons office called me to book my follow up appointment. She is going to try and fit me into the may schedule for surgery so I can be on my feet in time for my 60th.

Happy Wednesday!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    myndieet wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Weigh in day: wednesday

PW 229.3 (104 kg)
    CW 228 (103.4 kg)

Great job!!
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am going to step down from the group at this time. As you may have noticed I have not been able to pop in and do much of anything. We got a new puppy. I have not been able to figure out any routine right now. When I get things under control I will bounce back in.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I am going to step down from the group at this time. As you may have noticed I have not been able to pop in and do much of anything. We got a new puppy. I have not been able to figure out any routine right now. When I get things under control I will bounce back in.

I will move you to support. Megan will touch base with you at the end of the month to see if you are ready to come back. ( @Megan_smartiepants1970 )
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Steps: 5,918
    Exercises: 3/4
    Rings: ❌

Went for a slow walk with my granddaughter. My leg was paining but I sucked it up. I am going to do walks in the apartment this morning and I am going to attempt a walk to the bakery to pick up his cake. The buffet last night was disappointing. No crab legs anymore. 😠

What are you doing for fitness today?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,451 Member
    Options

Sorry to see you go ..but I will check in with you at the end of the month :)
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,967 Member
    Options
    Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!! Eat well 🥗to Live Well 🚢✈️🧳

Recap: No, I'm not quitting, but sometime this week, the thought did cross my mind. And what does that even mean? I'm not going to stop exercising, I'm not going to stop monitoring what I eat, I'm not going to stop looking for new ways to be healthier! So quitting is just a thought that crosses my mind when things aren't necessarily going how I want them to. It goes back to the realization that I didn't gain X pounds in 3 months or even a year, so I'm not going to lose X pounds in 3 months or maybe even a year. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Ok, I'm done🙂

- THOUGHTS: Don't you dare quit!

g856tddrgmmj.png

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    ST = Moderate

3/10 2,949 ST = 0
    3/11 10,474 ST = 15
    3/12 11,516 ST = 15
    3/13 9,462 ST = 15
    3/14
    3/15
    3/16

@lindamtuck2018 ~ Sorry to hear that you are stepping down as captain, but happy to hear that you will still be here with us and yes....we will support for those last 10 lbs!! Thank you for continued support!

@myhands4God ~ Sorry to see you go. Enjoy that new puppy and come back when you're ready.

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 223.6 (12/29/2023)
    Ending January - 215.8 (7.8)
    Ending February - 216.4 (+0.6/7.2)
    3/1 216.4
    3/8 218.0
    3/15
    3/22
    3/29
    Total Gain 0.0 Total loss 0.0
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »

Recap: No, I'm not quitting, but sometime this week, the thought did cross my mind. And what does that even mean? I'm not going to stop exercising, I'm not going to stop monitoring what I eat, I'm not going to stop looking for new ways to be healthier! So quitting is just a thought that crosses my mind when things aren't necessarily going how I want them to. It goes back to the realization that I didn't gain X pounds in 3 months or even a year, so I'm not going to lose X pounds in 3 months or maybe even a year. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Ok, I'm done🙂

- THOUGHTS: Don't you dare quit!

[/spoiler]

You definitely are not allowed to leave. Sometimes the process can feel like running into a wall repeatedly, which can be maddening. You are a friggin star, though. Thanks for not giving in!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,220 Member
    Options
    @itladyee You got this - don't ever give up. If there is one thing I learned on this journey is that you can never give up. You'll have your good days and bad days, good weeks and bad weeks - but just keep going forward and I promise you - you will succeed. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.”

@lindamtuck2018 Sorry the buffet wasn't as good as you remember. :'(
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Mar 15, 2024)
    PW: 242.3
    CW: 241.5

Another small loss but it's 3 weeks in a row so the trend is my friend! I honestly didn't expect to have another good week as I've had little time to sleep or exercise as it's been non-stop work and dealing with the stress of buying a sports car on-line half-way across the country without having driven or seen it (we'll see if that bites me in the butt later) but we're leaving on vacation tomorrow for a week to south FL to catch some spring training baseball games (Go St. Louis Cardinals!) so it will be great to (mostly) forget about work for the week and enjoy the sun, pool, fresh seafood and walks on the beach with Susan. We've been going to this place with our kids for more than 25 years and a couple of them will join us for a few days so we appreciate getting to spend time with them now that they're grown up. The good news is that I might get more exercise next week than any other week so far this year as the place has a good gym and it's a tradition to go for daily walks after breakfast.

We won't be back until Sunday so either I'll skip next Friday's weigh in or I can send my Sunday number.
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In

PW: 230.2
    CW: 230.2

Step Goal: 6,000
    3/10 - 2,707
    3/11 - 6,291
    3/12 - 6,303
    3/13 - 6,367
    3/14 - 6,243
  • itladyee
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 413
    CW - 411.6

1.4 down and a metric butt ton to go! Good stuff though- Always happy to see the number go down!

Much love yall <3

:love: :love: :love: Great continual progress! I see you!!!!
  • itladyee
    Options
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 218.0
    CW: 217.8

Recap: Once again, yesterday was better.

- THOUGHTS: Every step is progress, no matter how small.

Always looking for the positive. Today is NSV day in another group and here are my findings:
    NSV#1 ~ The machine weight increments in my gym go up by 15, so it's a real mental bummer when you want to go to the next level. But I did!! I increased weights on my lateral pull-downs and my seated rows. I increased dumbbell weights on my curls as well.

NSV#2 ~ I started with a set of 3 core & stretching exercises in mid January. I now have 9 that I complete 6 days a week most at 30 reps x 3.

NSV#3 ~ It's working!! I shared the story of why I realized I needed to work my core (I couldn't sit up on the weight bench). Well last week I incorporated chest work-outs on the bench again and I was able to sit up, almost with ease :)

While the scale isn't going consistently downward, I am getting stronger and I will take that as a WIN!

Thank you @NachDeezy & @iLive2Walk for the encouragement.

fgoyeqaczghc.png

At the beginning of the year, I changed my mindset:
    One change I'm making in 2024 is not radar focusing on weight loss. Not that I don't want to lose weight but I want to focus on the things that, as an end result, will cause me to lose weight - but not focusing on just losing weight. I hope that makes sense. I think that's where I get into trouble mentally as I either want to lose a certain amount a day/week/month and when it doesn't happen, I get frustrated and sometimes lose focus. I've had this focus before but somewhere along the way - it get's lost.

It's not working.... I need to give some more thought as I think I need to set goals and deadlines.

ST = Moderate

3/10 2,949 ST = 0
    3/11 10,474 ST = 15
    3/12 11,516 ST = 15
    3/13 9,462 ST = 15
    3/14 7,194 ST = 15
    3/15
    3/16

3/1 216.4
    3/8 218.0
    3/15 217.8
    3/22
    3/29

• andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Thursday Weigh-In:

PW: 123.2
    CW: 126.4

This week has been highly unusual... We've had some high-calorie food that we don't normally have around; plus I needed a medical procedure; nothing serious, but a little stressful, so it's been a very unusual week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited March 15
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 413
    CW - 411.6

1.4 down and a metric butt ton to go! Good stuff though- Always happy to see the number go down!

Much love yall <3

It’s a decent loss this week. It amazes me when I think of all the weight you have lost. Four 50 pound sacks of potatoes along with another 20 pound bag. Imagine carrying that around. Your journey is so inspiring.

jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Mar 15, 2024)
    PW: 242.3
    CW: 241.5

Another small loss but it's 3 weeks in a row so the trend is my friend! I honestly didn't expect to have another good week as I've had little time to sleep or exercise as it's been non-stop work and dealing with the stress of buying a sports car on-line half-way across the country without having driven or seen it (we'll see if that bites me in the butt later) but we're leaving on vacation tomorrow for a week to south FL to catch some spring training baseball games (Go St. Louis Cardinals!) so it will be great to (mostly) forget about work for the week and enjoy the sun, pool, fresh seafood and walks on the beach with Susan. We've been going to this place with our kids for more than 25 years and a couple of them will join us for a few days so we appreciate getting to spend time with them now that they're grown up. The good news is that I might get more exercise next week than any other week so far this year as the place has a good gym and it's a tradition to go for daily walks after breakfast.

We won't be back until Sunday so either I'll skip next Friday's weigh in or I can send my Sunday number.

I can carry over your weight to next week and leave it up you about weighing in. It’s easy enough to change. Enjoy your trip. I read the word fresh seafood and I got so jealous. Congrats on your losing streak.
    Friday Weigh-In

PW: 230.2
    CW: 230.2

Step Goal: 6,000
    3/10 - 2,707
    3/11 - 6,291
    3/12 - 6,303
    3/13 - 6,367
    3/14 - 6,243

Four out of five days meeting your step goal is pretty darn good. Keep on stepping!
    itladyee wrote: »
    Friday Weigh-In
    PW: 218.0
    CW: 217.8

Recap: Once again, yesterday was better.

- THOUGHTS: Every step is progress, no matter how small.

Always looking for the positive. Today is NSV day in another group and here are my findings:
    NSV#1 ~ The machine weight increments in my gym go up by 15, so it's a real mental bummer when you want to go to the next level. But I did!! I increased weights on my lateral pull-downs and my seated rows. I increased dumbbell weights on my curls as well.

NSV#2 ~ I started with a set of 3 core & stretching exercises in mid January. I now have 9 that I complete 6 days a week most at 30 reps x 3.

NSV#3 ~ It's working!! I shared the story of why I realized I needed to work my core (I couldn't sit up on the weight bench). Well last week I incorporated chest work-outs on the bench again and I was able to sit up, almost with ease :)

While the scale isn't going consistently downward, I am getting stronger and I will take that as a WIN!

Thank you @NachDeezy & @iLive2Walk for the encouragement.

fgoyeqaczghc.png

At the beginning of the year, I changed my mindset:
    One change I'm making in 2024 is not radar focusing on weight loss. Not that I don't want to lose weight but I want to focus on the things that, as an end result, will cause me to lose weight - but not focusing on just losing weight. I hope that makes sense. I think that's where I get into trouble mentally as I either want to lose a certain amount a day/week/month and when it doesn't happen, I get frustrated and sometimes lose focus. I've had this focus before but somewhere along the way - it get's lost.

It's not working.... I need to give some more thought as I think I need to set goals and deadlines.

ST = Moderate

3/10 2,949 ST = 0
    3/11 10,474 ST = 15
    3/12 11,516 ST = 15
    3/13 9,462 ST = 15
    3/14 7,194 ST = 15
    3/15
    3/16

3/1 216.4
    3/8 218.0
    3/15 217.8
    3/22
    3/29

A thought I get often it is ok to eat what you want today I will start again tomorrow. It’s something that I have to be aware of and push it out of my mind. Push down any thoughts you have of quitting. I think you have such great insight. My thoughts when I started my journey was I want to lose weight but I have no time constraint 9n when I would get to goal. This worked for me. But different things work for different people. Setting goals that would help with weight loss but a goal of losing 4 pounds in a month could be helpful. A goal of increasing my weights at the gym is an example or X number of days of exercise. This is a suggestion. My goals have been so weird lately that I am going to reassess them for next week.

Good for you posting your NSV. I think it is so important especially if we are getting a bit frustrated with the process.

@lindamtuck2018

Thursday Weigh-In:

PW: 123.2
    CW: 126.4

This week has been highly unusual... We've had some high-calorie food that we don't normally have around; plus I needed a medical procedure; nothing serious, but a little stressful, so it's been a very unusual week.

We will always have weeks like this. The important part is putting it behind you and make this week count. I hope you are feeling better.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited March 15
    Options
    Steps: 5,685
    Exercises: 3/4
    Rings: ✔️

PW 148.2
    CW 149.6

I know it’s in the wrong direction but I had some very salty food on both Wednesday and Thursday. Better week this week coming. I edited this because my steps were showing up wrong but I know have it fixed.

Happy Friday!
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    weigh in day Friday
    liketoyak
    Pw:291.6
    CW:290.8
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties