Chat Cafe

Options

Replies

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,386 Member
    Options
    Greetings - praying for all of you and thank you for the prayers you have sent my way.

Am doing fairly well and am pleased with the progress. My blood pressure was really good this morning (116/67 pulse 64) so the kidney doctor will be happy about that.

I am making headway with my eating or trying to make headway by staying on plan. Boy do I suffer when I go off plan and have salt unintentionally.

Also have a new water bottle that holds 32 oz and it is marked on the side so I can see just how much I am drinking rather than guessing. Getting better at getting in the required amount

Each week when I get weighed I set another goal for the next weigh in - just to lose 1 pound or part of a pound but the goal is to lose 1 pound. I am not focusing on the big picture just one pounde - and doing this I see am down this month which is good. And I am keeping it off.

Now to work on getting outside in this nice weather we are having and going for a walk (with my walker) getting in some fresh air, movement and seeing my neighbors out and about.

Of course there is more to life then just food and walking - my journey with the Lord is very important and am loving the time my husband and I are reading the Bible together. This is a year we are working on reading it through - we have done this quite a few times together and then there are the times I did it by myself. And I must say we have a great church and the services are worth listening to during the week - so we do that also and on Wednesday we get together with 10 others to discuss what we learned in the sermon with questions that the Pastor has outlined. It has been helpful to hear what others are learning from the weekly sermons.

Well it is now 9:45am and I am feeling I need to stretch out as my arm is throbbing a bit - so will say by for now / talk again later/ be safe and walk with the Lord with all your strength today.
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 9,316 Member
    Options
    Marilyn that is great news about how things are going. The weather has been really nice here too and I have enjoyed being outside. Even though we have not put our padding on the swing on the patio, we ahve been sitting outside and enjoying the warmer weather and the sounds of birds. We also have a group that gets together during the week and we have been discussing the sermon and the book we are reading together. It is a bonding time to discuss our lives - our victories as well as our defeats and get help from the group.

Susan - I am not surprised that Lyn was not able to go on your planned outing. She has amazed me that she can do so much right after having surgery. She sounds like a strong and determined woman. I hope the massage helped Colin's tight shoulders and neck. Glenn's neck also gets tight probably from his shoulder surgery changing the position of the muscles when they did surgery. The physical Therapis is able to help him relax them when it gets really painful.

Judith - your pureed soups also sound delicious. Do you puree meats along with your soups? I am thinking that you would need to thin out the meat puree quite a bit to get it into a syringe. I know that the Boost you drink also has protein in it.

I was able to donate blood today and I am very happy. There is a huge shortage of my type of blood in this area and they have been sending me messages to come in.

I am making sourdough bread again today. This time, rather than 100% whole wheat, I am adding a little white flour so it is not so dense. We are experimenting with the right ratio and still keep it healthy.
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 4,304 Member
    edited March 19
    Options
    Hi everyone! Had a productive time on website yesterday and even made little craft video. In case you want to see, it is here:

https://www.papercraftcentral.com/paper-shirt-card.html

It was just a simple thing to make.

We are on the road to Apollo Bay today after staying home the last few days. Reception is going to cut out soon so I will leave you with a cloud picture of the sky over our camp site today. 😀

hn9txk37dlkj.jpg

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 7,075 Member
    edited March 19
    Options
    Evening Hello Everyone,

Marilyn, Hood News hearing how it’s going for you. I rejoice with you. You are doing great. Keep up the great work. So happy your BP is reading such good numbers! Hod is Good. Like you and your husband I too have and continue to read thru the Bible in a year. It’s so enriching. Our Ladies from our Bible Study get together weekly and discuss the lesson we study and what Pastor is teaching in his sermons, so much to learn to help us to grow in the Lord.

Linda, just as uou were sharing about getting together with your group discussing what you have read in your Book and the Sermons that are brought to you all by the Pastor, I see that Marilyn and Myself are doing the same thing. Your sour dough bread sounds so good, can you please share your recipe on our Recipe Thread? Thank you in advance. You asked about whether I pureed meat in my soups, the answer is no except for the chicken my friend puts in the chicken congee, I tried to do the same but I couldn’t get it thin enough to draw up in straw or via a syringe. I get protein in my Boost, smoothies by adding Peanut butter and I use Almond milk and Greek yogurt which helps. Glad you are enjoying the warmer weather which I am too.

Susan, awesome craft video, I am watching it again after I leave here. The cloudy picture you shared from Apollo Bay looks stormy, you said you were signing out before you lost reception. Are you having a Storm? And if that’s a yes, hope the storm isn’t too severe. Stay Safe my friend!

Hope you don’t mind but I saved the link as you left instructions to make the Shirt Card. I love it and sometime in future will make the Card. Great Job Susan!

Blessings and Prayers all! 🙏😇🤗
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Sun is shining today and it is so nice be able to be outside enjoying it. Am sure the April showers will be soon arriving so am lapping up the sun for now.

Today is weigh in day for me. Lost another 1.8 pounds = in the last 5 weeks I have lost every week for a total of 7 pounds. So setting a small goal of working just on one pound and then eating properly to allow that - well it works ladies.

I see the kidney doctors in a couple of hours. Then I will have 3 months before I see him again unless I get sick. So in that 3 months (12 weeks) am going to work on 10 - 15 pounds which is doable with losing 1 pound a week. Pray that my constistance and motivation will continue as I am feeling so much better with this 7 pounds off - sleeping so much better.

Praying for all of you

Psalm 46:10
    Be still, and know that I am God.
    I will be exalted amount the nations
    I will be exalted in the earth

Matthew 21:22
    And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith

• Healthyme7410
    edited March 19
    Options
    I will be praying for you Marilyn to continue this weight loss. Even though it may be exciting to loose a huge amount of weight quickly as the TV advertizes, I think is is much healthier to loose at a consistant rate like you are doing. There is less chance of gaining it back when it becomes a lifestyle.

Susan - I hope you are having a good day of travel and that Colin feels looser in his muscles. I watched your video of the bows for the shirt card and it was so fun to hear your accent and to see you. Your hair has a nice curl to it and looks like an easy care style. My hair had gotten curlier since I have gotten older. It is more of a "wave" than a curl but definitely not straight.

Judith - I know you said you have made cards in the past but do you still do them? You said you were saving the link to the shirt instructions to do in the future.
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Good morning, friends. It's a cooler but lovely day here. Windy, too. I had the heater on earlier.

Linda, I am so glad you enjoyed the video. Yes, my hair is cut to allow 'wash and wear' style. I just brush it into the shape after washing and it dries like that. Very practical for caravan living. Colin liked his masseuse and will probably go back again before Friday when we leave here.

Marilyn, that is great progress! Will pray for you too. It's good to hear how you are doing. I hope the kidney Dr gives you encouragement also.

Judith, yes, we had some showers yesterday and it was windy then too, at both Geelong and Apollo Bay. Geelong is where we are camped, Apollo Bay was about 2 hours drive from there. Reception is almost nil between towns and we were on the outskirts of Geelong when I posted yesterday. The Great Ocean Road where we were headed is about 200kmd long and is very remote, with a few scattered little seaside towns. I never count on having reception in areas like that. I was so glad you liked my video and shirt card instructions enough to save it for later! Thrilled, even. Be my guest!

Yesterday was a beautiful day. We loved getting down to the beach with each other and the dogs. Aireys Inlet was also gorgeous with its Lighthouse, offshore volcanic core and birds. I'll give you a few more pictures.

Apollo Bay, stairs to the rocky beach. There was a narrow bit of creamy sand to the left so we could get everyone down, past the river you can see, to the rocks and rock pools

h3pakv0x7nh1.jpg

View of Apollo Bay and Barham River through the trees from the board walk.

bv7su2546h40.jpg

Volcanic core at Airys Inlet

f7t7a03c0dtr.jpg

Lighthouse at Airys Inlet (Greg's pic)

esi7i2e9cyoa.jpg

Singing Honeyeater at Airys Inlet (also Greg's pic)

cjydx0tlmy9x.jpg

Greg and I tend to be the photographers so we share pictures a bit. He got the best Lighthouse and bird picks so I would rather show you those than mine! I see his pucs turn out smaller though. Hmm.

Today Col and I plan to explore Geelong itself a bit. Lyn's brother is visiting her, and Greg is staying to visit too.

• 316Judith
    Options
    Evening Hello All

Linda, So glad you are having nice weather to get out and enjoy the Sunshine, it’s good to take it in now as you said April will be upon be upon us sooner than we think along with April Showers that will in turn bring May Flowers! Can hardly wait for Spring and May Flowers. As soon as May is upon us we will be looking at Summertime warmth and our Gardens filled with flowers and Fruit and Vegetable gardens. They sure cheer our hearts. In my closing remarks I will share about my Card Making and Scrapbooking.

Susan, thank you for giving me the go ahead for using the link you left and instructions to make the Shirt card. It’s nice that you and Greg take the pictures and share them here. Sounds like you did a lot of exploring seeing so many beautiful areas, and God’s Beauty, the land, beaches and surrounding areas are so beautiful. As Lyn and Greg stay back on the camp site with visitors it will be nice for you and Colin to explore Geelong more. And the pictures you and Greg took and posted here are so beautiful! I love them all.

You asked about Card Making, yes I make all my Families Birthday Cards and Christmas Cards. I try to aim for the Anniversary cards too. I also do Scrapbooking. Few years back I gave both my kids, Son and Daughter a Family Tree with all their Family history back to the 1500’s, 1600’s, 1700’s 1800’s and 1900’s complete with pictures and Family stories!

Guess you could say it’s a Hobby of mine with doing Research of all my Family Tree on both sides of the Family; Maternal and Paternal Family line.

I will take some pictures of my cards and post them on here for you to see an idea of what I do.

Well girls I am tired, will be back tomorrow! Good Nite and God Bless 😴🙏❤️🤗
  • Healthyme7410
    Options
    Marilyn- I hope your kidney doctor had some good news for you yesterday. How is the fistula healing?

Judith - I imagine that your family really enjoys your handmade cards. I do not get many cards but when I do, it feels very special. I think the person has to think alot about me to send it. It is sad that people do not send cards much.

Susan - some more wonderful pictures! We
    finally caught up with you and have changed
    seasons. Happy Spring to us! What is a
    volcanic core?
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Afternoon Hello Everyone,

Marilyn, just want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. How are you doing, is the recovery going well? Keep us posted on what your Surgeon says.

Linda, yes my family do love my cards, my daughter in law has kept every card I’ve made her, every Christmas she puts up all the Christmas cards from years past displaying them around the room hung from a string that lines the whole room. You are right, not many these days send cards via the mail. I love receiving cards and still do from a few friends.

Susan, thinking of you as you and Colin as you are exploring Geelong. I look forward to the pictures you will possibly post today and hear about your Geelong adventures.

I am here posting early as I have a long day tomorrow with being at both Hospitals in Vancouver for treatment and procedures. They also need to check out further what is going on with my scalp. I posted a new Prayer Request and some info in the Prayer Request Thread.

Thank you for your Prayers, Friendship and your Support. I hope to be back sometime tomorrow providing I have been able to rest once I am back home tomorrow at the supper hour!
  • LosinSusin
    edited March 21
    Options
    Hello all.

Yesterday Colin and I just wound up goi g to a shopping centre for some 'us' time. Today we washed everything in preparation for moving on tomorrow, so the favourite pic today is of my two dogs, freshly washed, blow dried and clipped. I wish they would stay that way. It's an all day job to groom them for me.

wz2sjtsqzawr.jpg

Judith, thank you for telling me more about your card making and scrapbooking. I love our hobby. I will go read your update after this.

Linda, a volcanic core is the vent the lava once came up through. The mountain erodes away over time and only the cooled lava core remains. Australia has quite a few of them.

Marilyn, I hope you are healing well.

Am about to serve dinner so will stop here.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Went to the kidney doctor on Tuesday. Am ok for the next 3 months unless I feel sick don't need to see them till June but have blood work every day.

Outcome of visit was my number is 8 and when it goes to 6 we seriously talk diaylsis. They then take into consideration the number 6, how I am doing with eating, and sleeping and making sure all meds are working. If any of those are off then it will be time to start diaylis. She also said to make sure I get up and 'stand' or 'walk' every hour for 5 minutes. This is to keep the strength up because once on diaylsis 3x a week,, 4 hours each time you lose a lot of strength and some people end up in wheelchairs if they don't keep up the strength. So that has given me motivation to move more every day even in 5 minute spurts.

Saw the surgeon yesterday re my fisquala which was done last Thursday. It didn't take. So he wants to give it one more try in the left upper arm as the vessels there are bigger. Should that not work then we go to having a line put in my next which he really doesnt want to do as there are more complications with it. He is ording surgery for April. This will be the 5th time so am praying that it will work.

Think I slept strange as my neck is sore - oh well

Take care ladies - need to get up and stand / walk for 5 minutes

• Healthyme7410
    Options
    We made it safely to Houston although we did have a pretty bumpy ride coming down for the landing since they were having a rain storm as we landed. Their humidity is 95% which is so much different from the humidity of 20% in GJ.

Marilyn I am so sorry you need another surgery! That is very frustrating to hear and I'm assuming for you also.

Judith - I am praying for your appointments.

Susan- the dogs look great. Maybe you should start a grooming business.

We have a reception to go too soon so will come back tomorrow on here.
  • LosinSusin
    edited March 21
    Options
    Am rushing this morning as we are off to Warnambool any minute and still need to pack up some things. Hopefully will be back but if not, will chat more tomorrow.

Edited: OK I am in the car sitting a little while Col finishes last minute preparations.

Linda, glad you made it safely to Houston. Wow, the humidity is like Brisbane's! It's so dry here in the south. Thank you for saying that about the dogs. When I was younger I did think about dog washing and grooming as a sideline! Now I am turning 70 I don't think about new businesses, plus I am slow. Lol!

Marilyn, thank you for your update. I too am sorry your latest surgery didn't take and your numbers are low. Praying for you.

Judith, I am thinking of you as you face more Drs and procedures today. Praying.
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Thanks for the prayers ladies - much appreciated.

It is noon and all is well - slight headache - tension one - so am going to have to do something about that

Food is going good- still working on the 1 pound a week and as I get weighted on Tuesday have to make sure the next few days are pretty clean eating.

Somewhat overcast today but still nice. One more week and our son and his girlfriend will arrive for a very short visit - will be so good to see him.

Well Norm and Priscilla are going grocery shopping (she loves going with her dad) They are going to get enough food for the next week then will see about a bigger shop.

Take care everyone
  • LosinSusin
    Options
    Marilyn, how good Priscilla and her Dad can go shopping together and your son and girlfriend are coming to visit! We had a call from our youngest son today and it really makes us happy. It's overcast here today too. Good going on your food intake. Hope you can get rid of that headache.

Linda and Judith, thinking of you both.

We made it to Warnambool through some dry cattle properties with stacked stone walls. The caravan park here is very nice. We'll do some exploring today.

z7bo4i8hx23z.jpg
  • 316Judith
    Options
    Marilyn, I am so sorry to hear you need more surgery, but am happy you have good numbers and you are eating well, you are doing fantastic with your weight loss, keep up the great work.

Susan, Archie and Jasper are so adorable and handsome sporting their new haircut. You do a fabulous job grooming the “boys” safe travels my friend, love the picture you shared of cattle properties, nice you have a great Caravan Park! So glad you made it to Warnambool and I hope you enjoy exploring the area. Thanks for thinking of me yesterday, it was a difficult day at two hospitals with procedures and tests, also Blood and Urinalysis work up. Checking that Kidneys are functioning still well and my Blood Levels are within normal range.

Linda, so glad you made it safely to Houston, enjoy your time there, sorry but can’t remember why you are there? Are you visiting family over Easter? Hard to believe Easter is around the corner, Palm Sunday is this Sunday. Thank you for thinking of me yesterday and praying for me.

Will write up an update in the Prayer Request Thread! There are some new issues which will see me undergoing tests to determine what treatment is best for me. Take care all! It’s late so I’m off to bed now! Good Nite God Bless 😴🙏😇

• LosinSusin
    Options
    Thank you for updating us, Judith. Will check the prayer request thread. I hope the medical staff can get back to you soon.

Good morning. We're going to try to see the Twelve Apostles today. Port Fairy yesterday was great!

Port Fairy used to be a working Port and at one stage they wanted to defend it against possible Russian invasion so installed some huge cannons in bunkers.

Man the cannons!

xzgkd2tiwuxo.jpg

They had Cartridge Store niches in the surrounding walls that the dogs explored.

9erzbzpdx2vq.jpg

Lunch spot by the ocean, Mahogany Beach walkway

ucde8ql4jqhj.jpg

Silver Birch in a garden we wandered through

lybg370lbxul.jpg

The rocky shores of another beach nearby

mvggyk2437qt.jpg
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Morning everyone - beautiful day today and am so grateful to be alive to enjoy it.

Getting ready to go to church - so nice to be able to spend time each week with other believers, worshiping the Lord with great music, time in prayer and then listening to a great surmon - we are so fortunate to have great pastors at our church - each one of them having a hugh education re the Bible and are truly walking their faith

• 316Judith
    Options
    Palm Sunday Blessings ✝️

May your day be Blessed as you attend your Sunday Services and spend time with Family.

My Family are coming by this afternoon!

Marilyn, I say Amen, yes it’s good to be alive today to Celebrate this beautiful day to worship God in our Churches. I join you and give thanks for our Pastors that have been placed in our Churches who preach the message of Jesus Christ and who truly live out their lives bringing Glory to Jesus!

Susan, love all your pictures and all that you have shared with exploring the places you visited! May you have a Blessed Palm Sunday as you attend your Sunday Services!

Linda, thinking of you while you are away. Blessings on your Palm Sunday as you celebrate in your Church and with Family!

God’s Blessings All… ✝️🙏📖❤️